• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Izuna

Banned
So, after this episode of Luke Cage, I can play updated R2?

Yes please.

Anyone want to start up a party to get ready, invite me Cobalt Izuna

GWX

If you're from Brazil or SouthAm in general, feel free to add me as a friend on Xbox One. Gamertag's GuilhermeGWX, and I'll be playing when the patch drops. Played tons with randoms tonight, and I can't wait for the higher post-patch FoV lol.

edit: just realized I'll be out for the weekend and that I am not enlisted to the early Angel City access to play it this week. Fuck me 😩

deoee

A ton of people at the studio play nearly every night at home, now that the game is out. I think that fuels a lot of the fires. =)

That's great to hear, how do you feel playing your own game?
Are you a god at it as a dev?

What was yesterdays movie choice btw.? :D

So I suppose people who aren't eligible to have Angel City early won't be able to find matches on the map in rotation at all until the full release?

KodaRuss

Just read through the patch notes. Bravo Respawn, very impressive. Glad to get my Advocate gifts back. Looking forward to checking it all out.

Ah well. I enjoyed my time slaughtering people with the Volt.

I'll try it out post-patch to see how big the damage is, if it's notable, I'll try out the CAR and the R201 again.

Alx

I noticed tonight that the texture selection pages don't take forever to load any more. That's great, it always annoys me to no end when something as simple as a menu is unresponsive.

Man this game is probably the most fun I've had with an FPS in a while and I havent even touched multiplayer yet. Too sucked into the campaign right now. Quick question though is there split screen in multiplayer mode or no? Been looking around and haven't gotten a straight answer.

Revas

Cloak is back to it's old form, good show.

Northstar Prime, Respawn when?

What does the buff to D2 damage actually effect? Titans?

It's about to be Christmas morning in my advocate gift inbox.

improved texture streaming to stop stuttering????
rejoice.png

Geist-

I've unlocked every player execution using advocate gifts except the one I want (Grand Theft Semi-Auto). FML.

Grabbing the new Titans and Execution as soon as they're available.

Great patch, i never thought i´ll be so invested in a mp game, i´m a single player kind of gamer due to family, job etc... but i clocked 72 hours till now and altough i´m kinda bad at it i´m having a great, great time.

congratulations to everybody at respawn, and thank you for the FOV slider, kinda mad you didn´t implemented it in TF1 couldn´t play the game and i also really liked it

SwolBro

Banned
  • Adjusted visibility of Cloak.
  • Firing your weapon will now also disable Cloak.
HA HA bye bye CLOAK. SUC..k..a...... wait. wait.

wat? WAT?

• Volt - reduced pilot damage
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Strider

"The installed application is the latest version"

... tries again 10 seconds later

"The installed application is the latest version"

pls giff patch

SwolBro

Banned
I get the Volt was beast but it was the best fucking counter to hemlock domination. COME ONNNNNNNNN. At least reduce the fucking G2A and hemlock distance or something.

KorrZ

I get the Volt was beast but it was the best fucking counter to hemlock domination. COME ONNNNNNNNN. At least reduce the fucking G2A and hemlock distance or something.

Back the fuck off my G2A BRO.

These weapons are only good at medium to long range. That's exactly how it should be.

Losing the cloak because you shoot is hardly a nerf, it's just sensible. Use it for relocation rather than attack and you'll be fine.
If that's the only real purpose for it now I hope they adjusted to make it harder to see cloaked players now.

I had used it both for movement, and to help camouflage me when firing anti-titan weaponry.

I'm fine with the cloak change though - makes sense and is now consistent with how it works in the campaign.

SwolBro

Banned
Back the fuck off my G2A BRO.

These weapons are only good at medium to long range. That's exactly how it should be.
The hemlock is being used a ton in competitive ctf. Good players are using just like they did weapons in titanfall 1 with lots of up close ads in and out.

The volt was a great counter . I'm in no mood for the CAR . Pretty much becomes a 201 vs hemlock/g2a fest now.

Rayme, what's the decrease numbers ?!

TheRed

This got me thinking. Does anyone think they should balance the game differently on consoles and PC like Overwatch? At least that's what Blizzard said they were doing I never actually kept up with their patches. I haven't seen much Hemlock domination on PC, though it might be I don't play the right modes to see that.

KorrZ

This got me thinking. Does anyone think they should balance the game differently on consoles and PC like Overwatch? I haven't seen much Hemlock domination on PC, though it might be I don't play the right modes to see that.

I think it's more dependent on which modes you play. I pretty much only play Attrition and it's definitely dominated by R201/SMGs. Mix and match other weapons but the automatics are definitely the most common.

SwolBro

Banned
This got me thinking. Does anyone think they should balance the game differently on consoles and PC like Overwatch? I haven't seen much Hemlock domination on PC, though it might be I don't play the right modes to see that.

This nerf was 100 percent because of the PC crowd. Soon as they banned it from their recent CTF tournament on reddit i knew they'd look at it.

There was NO REASON to touch the volt on console. It had a learning curve, it promoted movement, and it could get outgunned at distance by the hemlock and g2a, and it would battle the 201 up close and at mid.

NO FUCKING REASON to nerf this gun. Simply because the PC crowd cried. I bet 90% or more of the console population had no idea about the volt. No one here even brought it up as a potential nerf. Because unlike the hemlock and g2a it required actual aiming and movement so many players don't even bother and opt for something simpler to use.

Ridiculous.

deoee

This nerf was 100 percent because of the PC crowd. Soon as they banned it from their recent CTF tournament on reddit i knew they'd look at it.

There was NO REASON to touch the volt on console. It had a learning curve, it promoted movement, and it could get outgunned at distance by the hemlock and g2a, and it would battle the 201 up close and at mid.

NO FUCKING REASON to nerf this gun. Simply because the PC crowd cried. I bet 90% or more of the console population had no idea about the volt. No one here even brought it up as a potential nerf. Because unlike the hemlock and g2a it required actual aiming and movement so many casuals don't even bother.

Ridiculous.

lol

Patch is 3.58 GB!

iddqd

Here goes my skill, Cloak and Volt less effective,
What is the next good hip shooting weapon apart from the shotgun? I'm too slow to aim down the sights.

KodaRuss

The hemlock is being used a ton in competitive ctf. Good players are using just like they did weapons in titanfall 1 with lots of up close ads in and out.

The volt was a great counter . I'm in no mood for the CAR . Pretty much becomes a 201 vs hemlock/g2a fest now.

Rayme, what's the decrease numbers ?!

Ill keep owning everyone with the CAR laughing all the way to the bank. I dont think I ever liked the Volt.

TheRed

NO FUCKING REASON to nerf this gun. Simply because the PC crowd cried. I bet 90% or more of the console population had no idea about the volt. No one here even brought it up as a potential nerf. Because unlike the hemlock and g2a it required actual aiming and movement so many casuals don't even bother.

Ridiculous.
I believe you I don't know anything about competitive play in this. I just never see many hemlock and g2as in my 50 hours of play.

Either way what you say is a good point to have consoles and PC balanced differently to what their communities feel.

Zemm

NO FUCKING REASON to nerf this gun. Simply because the PC crowd cried. I bet 90% or more of the console population had no idea about the volt. No one here even brought it up as a potential nerf. Because unlike the hemlock and g2a it required actual aiming and movement so many players don't even bother and opt for something simpler to use.

Ridiculous.

The Volt definitely got talked about in here for a potential nerf.

Top Bottom