• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

The hemlock is being used a ton in competitive ctf. Good players are using just like they did weapons in titanfall 1 with lots of up close ads in and out.

The volt was a great counter . I'm in no mood for the CAR . Pretty much becomes a 201 vs hemlock/g2a fest now.

Rayme, what's the decrease numbers ?!

If they're good enough to own people in close with the Hemlock and G2A, then good for them. They earned it. The hip fire on those weapons is dogshit, and ADS significantly slows down reticule movement.

There should be some level of skill gap for those players that can make the most out of weapons with clear disadvantages.

My classes before today were equipped with either the Volt, the Hemlock, or the G2A. The Volt definitely needed a nerf. The DPS on that thing was out of whack. High ROF, good accuracy, best damage per shot of any SMG. Personally, I'd have toned down the accuracy at range before anything else, but whatever.

Toa TAK

Banned
"Game is up to date"

giphy.gif
For real.

Sorry end-of-semester essays, my Ion is calling me.

E92 M3

This nerf was 100 percent because of the PC crowd. Soon as they banned it from their recent CTF tournament on reddit i knew they'd look at it.

There was NO REASON to touch the volt on console. It had a learning curve, it promoted movement, and it could get outgunned at distance by the hemlock and g2a, and it would battle the 201 up close and at mid.

NO FUCKING REASON to nerf this gun. Simply because the PC crowd cried. I bet 90% or more of the console population had no idea about the volt. No one here even brought it up as a potential nerf. Because unlike the hemlock and g2a it required actual aiming and movement so many players don't even bother and opt for something simpler to use.

Ridiculous.

I agree - didn't see the big deal about the volt.

SwolBro

Banned
Respawn logic:

Volt
"you see these guys running volt?"
"yeah they're flying around the map, bouncing off walls, doing 180s and ripping people to shreds"
"ok lets nerf it"

Hemlock/G2a
"you see these guys running these guns?
"yeah they sit in the same 2 spots head glitching on top of roofs picking entire teams off from crazy distance"
"should we nerf it?"
"nah"

i'll never understand.

deoee

Respawn logic:

Volt
"yeah they're flying around the map, bouncing off walls, doing 180s and ripping people to shreds"
"ok lets nerf it"

Hemlock/G2a
"yeah they sit in the same 2 spots head glitching on top of roofs picking entire teams off from crazy distance"
"should we nerf it?"
"nah"

i'll never understand.

you don't even know how much dmg reduction it got, CALM DOWN

Respawn logic:

Volt
"ok lets nerf it"

Hemlock/G2a
"should we nerf it?"
"nah"

i'll never understand.
Yeah the volt didn't need a nerf I don't think. If they were gonna nerf anything I'd say the g2 or hemlock should have gotten it since it promotes camping...

Respawn logic:

Volt
"ok lets nerf it"

Hemlock/G2a
"should we nerf it?"
"nah"

i'll never understand.

The problem is when you have the volt outgunning all the ARs at range.

Respawn logic:

Volt
"ok lets nerf it"

Hemlock/G2a
"should we nerf it?"
"nah"

i'll never understand.

I've outgunned both the hemlock and the G2A at range with the Volt. Never mind the R201, which was essentially rendered pointless by the Volt.

Volt needed a slight nerf. We'll see how big the impact is.

E92 M3

I think in general nerfs make people unhappy and that's why developers should be careful with them. I never liked the Volt, but let's see how it turns out.

I've outgunned both the hemlock and the G2A at range with the Volt. Never mind the R201, which was essentially rendered pointless by the Volt.

R201 has a much faster TTK than the Volt in my experience

Then again I'm only at like level 5 of the volt, never really liked it.

Animator

This nerf was 100 percent because of the PC crowd. Soon as they banned it from their recent CTF tournament on reddit i knew they'd look at it.

There was NO REASON to touch the volt on console. It had a learning curve, it promoted movement, and it could get outgunned at distance by the hemlock and g2a, and it would battle the 201 up close and at mid.

NO FUCKING REASON to nerf this gun. Simply because the PC crowd cried. I bet 90% or more of the console population had no idea about the volt. No one here even brought it up as a potential nerf. Because unlike the hemlock and g2a it required actual aiming and movement so many players don't even bother and opt for something simpler to use.

Ridiculous.

Maybe play the fucking patch first before you get all tilted and post PC conspiracy theories?

Gator86

I'm not offended by the volt nerf. It was definitely a top tier gun, but you really didn't see that much of it on PS4. I'm guessing Respawn had numbers that painted a much grimmer picture of it. For me, the graphical effect on the shots, even though it is hitscan, fucks with my aiming.

SwolBro

Banned

If you outgunned a hemlock and g2a at distance then you deserved that kill. The insane speed in which a G2a and hemlock can kill you at distance should never have them losing to a volt.

Volt promoted movement, and now it's nerfed. it did not need a nerf on console. Any time i was in a game where everyone stayed head glitching at distance i'd have to switch out from volt. Map showdowns on crash site or complex was never optimal for a volt. You'd always have to switch out. Not to mention the volt was less accurate than the 201 which made it feel like it had a worse ttk. now it's even worse and will probably be delegated to a very small role in the overall sandbox.

lazerfox

If you outgunned a hemlock and g2a at distance then you deserved that kill. The insane speed in which a G2a and hemlock can kill you at distance should never have them losing to a volt.

Volt promoted movement, and now it's nerfed. it did not need a nerf on console. Any time i was in a game where everyone stayed head glitching at distance i'd have to switch out from volt.

Map showdowns on crash site or complex was never optimal for a volt. You'd always have to switch out. Now it's even worse and will probably be delegated to a very small role in the overall sandbox.

Maybe Respawn needs to adjust the gun balancing differently on PC just like Blizzard does with Overwatch.
The Volt is just so good against any AR you can kill from ridiculous ranges. Glad to see it nerfed a bit.

I'm not offended by the volt nerf. It was definitely a top tier gun, but you really didn't see that much of it on PS4. I'm guessing Respawn had numbers that painted a much grimmer picture of it. For me, the graphical effect on the shots, even though it is hitscan, fucks with my aiming.
Wait really? I assumed it was just super fast projectile, how can it be hitscan and also have those tracer rounds?

But yeah that messed with me too, I ranked both the alternator and the car above the volt before the volt nerf even happened.

SwolBro

Banned
Maybe Respawn needs to adjust the gun balancing differently on PC just like Blizzard does with Overwatch.
The Volt is just so good against any AR you can kill from ridiculous ranges. Glad to see it nerfed a bit.

Yeah, they need to. Not sure why they assume the game plays the same between the two platforms.

Zemm

Digital deluxe edition (full price), Ronin customisation pack, camo pack and call sign pack all bought so far, at least they can't say I haven't supported the game/devs :/

Top Bottom