• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Erm, Respawn, please? Xbox One here in the UK.

qmSficU.jpg

Hopefully just a bug.

Downloading now. 4.6 gigs.

Looking forward to checking out the changes to the Volt. If the nerf is too severe, I'll move back to the R201 or the CAR in it's place.

Hmelock and G2A are still good fall-backs.

Gator86

Wait really? I assumed it was just super fast projectile, how can it be hitscan and also have those tracer rounds?

But yeah that messed with me too, I ranked both the alternator and the car above the volt before the volt nerf even happened.

Nope, totally hitscan. The effects are just for show, but they mess with me too much. I can't stand them.

Gator86

Maybe Respawn needs to adjust the gun balancing differently on PC just like Blizzard does with Overwatch.
The Volt is just so good against any AR you can kill from ridiculous ranges. Glad to see it nerfed a bit.

It seems inevitable for most shooters these days. Overwatch jumped on that train quickly.

deoee

Salty they're locked permenantly behind a paywall. I liked that in the base game you could theoretically get every camo if you played enough. Now Johnny No-Dick is gonna steal some money from his mom's wallet and have cooler camos than me :/

YES BUT FIRST GAME HAD PAID MAPS
THIS IS THE BETTER WAY OF HANDLING IT

SwolBro

Banned
Downloading now. 4.6 gigs.

Looking forward to checking out the changes to the Volt. If the nerf is too severe, I'll move back to the R201 or the CAR in it's place.

Hmelock and G2A are still good fall-backs.

the volt was fun, the funnest new gun/overall gun in the game. they go and gimp it.

i need to eat and relax before i pop a blood vessel. lol

If you outgunned a hemlock and g2a at distance then you deserved that kill. The insane speed in which a G2a and hemlock can kill you at distance should never have them losing to a volt.

Volt promoted movement, and now it's nerfed. it did not need a nerf on console. Any time i was in a game where everyone stayed head glitching at distance i'd have to switch out from volt. Map showdowns on crash site or complex was never optimal for a volt. You'd always have to switch out. Not to mention the volt was less accurate than the 201 which made it feel like it had a worse ttk. now it's even worse and will probably be delegated to a very small role in the overall sandbox.

I'm not going to discount your experience, the sample size for both of us is anecdotal given how little time the game has been out.

I'll simply say I've found the Volt to be an incredibly effective mid-range weapon, even against AR users. Combined with the ability to shoot effectively on the move via incredibly accurate hip fire, and it basically became an 'any situation' gun, much in the way of the pistol in Halo:CE. You never want a weapon that excels in that many roles within the sandbox.

The Hemlock and G2A may very well promote camping, but that's because they're really only effective when a player makes themselves stationary before firing. They have useless hip fire, and their DPS at close range isn't competitive with the auto ARs or SMGs. They have a defined role in the sandbox and work within it, with clear weaknesses and strengths.

Strider

I just remembered I had a free $10 on PSN that expires end of the month. WELP guess I will be buying something in the store afterall.

Izuna

Banned
RHYME

IF I TURN MY SENSITIVITY TO INSANE, BUT ADS SENSITIVITY TO VERY HIGH, DOES THIS MEAN AUTO-AIM IS ONLY FOR ADS?

<3

edit: caps lock sorry... (not sorry)

Izuna

Banned
Thanks I have been trying for 20 mins could have been downloaded by now.

I'm sorry haha... it isn't working on xbox anyway.

---

also in the hud settings, you have damage arrows (3d or 2d) for pilots and titans. Dunno exactly what that means, but I still love respawn for adding it

SwolBro

Banned
I'm not going to discount your experience, the sample size for both of us is anecdotal given how little time the game has been out.

I'll simply say I've found the Volt to be an incredibly effective mid-range weapon, even against AR users. Combined with the ability to shoot effectively on the move via incredibly accurate hip fire, and it basically became an 'any situation' gun, much in the way of the pistol in Halo:CE. You never want a weapon that excels in that many roles within the sandbox.

The Hemlock and G2A may very well promote camping, but that's because they're really only effective when a player makes themselves stationary before firing. They have useless hip fire, and their DPS at close range isn't competitive with the auto ARs or SMGs. They have a defined role in the sandbox and work within it, with clear weaknesses and strengths.
Right, are you on PC? Because on console playing the camping potato role is much easier and the rewards much greater than on PC. Risk/reward for that style of play is pretty lopsided.

You couldn't be an effective volt player without movement. It's basically stripping away another viable weapon that actually promotes that type of play.

You can counter an AR at range if you're GOOD and i don't have a problem with that. Most players would not be able to outgun a G2a/Hemlock at distance with a volt. That's the issue i have with this. It's deadly in the hands of skilled players but so what? if those skilled players are putting themselves at risk by flying around the map playing the game the way it's supposed to be played what's the damn issue?

E92 M3

I think the stats are bugged. It says I have 0 cores earned for my Titan and my most efficient weapon is the predator cannon (I used Legion 5 times).

Hopefully this is the reason I was having intermittent framerate issues. Gotta put these 8 gigs of VRAM to use SOMEHOW

No Mastiff buffs RIP :p

yea didnt do anything for me. It still says insane on my screen too. Rip 480x going to waste since it cant even do high texture resolution w/o stuttering in this game

Top Bottom