• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Izuna

Banned
The game boots up to the main menu and I've just tried loading one of the missions on Single Player.

Just stuck on the loading screen. It says 'Press A to continue' and nothing.

So in short, no, it isn't working :(

It's broken for everyone I know :(

Screenshot-Original.png

Am I a madman?

Right, are you on PC? Because on console playing the camping potato role is much easier and the rewards much greater than on PC. Risk/reward for that style of play is pretty lopsided.

You couldn't be an effective volt player without movement. It's basically stripping away another viable weapon that actually promotes that type of play.

You can counter an AR at range if you're GOOD and i don't have a problem with that. Most players would not be able to outgun a G2a/Hemlock at distance with a volt. That's the issue i have with this. It's deadly in the hands of skilled players but so what? if those skilled players are putting themselves at risk by flying around the map playing the game the way it's supposed to be played what's the damn issue?

I'm playing on Xbox One.

And I agree, there should be a sufficient skill gap so that great players can do great things, even things outside the intended bounds of the weapons they use.

I'm waiting to see how big the nerf is. If it's such that it renders the Volt useless then I'll be upset, because like you said, I think it's a very fun weapon to use, and it emphasizes all the kinds of movement and moments that make TitanFall special.

But I also believe that the Volt, as it was today, rendered the R201 and CAR redundant and rather pointless. Everything they did, the Volt could do better, whether hip-fired, ADS, or amped.

I'm interested to see what, if anything, the Volt remains better at than either the CAR or R201.

JaMarco

Damn they obliterated Cloak, definitely no reason to use his fat ass now.

And the Volt is pretty useless on consoles now if the nerf is significant. It wasn't overpowered at all. Probably should have just adjusted it on PC.

E92 M3

Some stats are broken. For instance, I have 0 for boosts and 0 for cores activated. Hopefully that gets corrected because it triggers my OCD lol.

Damn they obliterated Cloak, definitely no reason to use his fat ass now.

And the Volt is pretty useless on consoles now if the nerf is significant. It wasn't overpowered at all. Probably should have just adjusted it on PC.

Damn, that sounds like a Bungie nerf.

Rather sad.

Izuna

Banned
I wasn't able to select Gauntlet when the game was installing because I had a completed save. So I have to pick New Game. Meh, I'll do Campaign again.

SwolBro

Banned
But I also believe that the Volt, as it was today, rendered the R201 and CAR redundant and .

I don't agree here. The 201 was still the best overall weapon. It's easier to use, had more accuracy, and was better at distance.

The 201 has a very small learning curve compared to the volt. It's why at the very beginning i didn't even like the volt. Only after i gave it a real hands on and learned how it worked best did it open up. It wasn't a gun for everyone.

Strider

I've seen multiple weird things with the stats pages posted already... For example more MVPs than "top 3" ...?

Stats seem borked in some areas.

On PC, cannot find the film grain option for the life of me. Everything else seems to be working beautifully for me, though. Angel City is AMAZING. The map really highlights the subpar quality of Titanfall 2 maps. There's just so much complexity and verticality missing from them. I really hope the Angel City 24/7 playlist stays permanently.

Izuna

Banned
Respawn, amdb00mer is not getting crashes going into campaign... and he doesn't have permissions to get into multiplayer

sn00zer

Bummer the story and characters fell flat cuz got damn the campaign in terms of art and game design is excellent. Game does an amazing job of making you feel like the character they show in the opening sequence by the end. Also really love the visuals of watching other pilots zipping past standard grunts, a surprisingly striking image.

black070

Nothing here

Several reboots and "Check for Update"

It should be live any minute now I'd imagine - up here in the UK, was greeted with 22 advocate gifts and some pretty good stats (18h, 17m played/ 126 games played/ 75 games won/ 60% wins/ 64 times MVP/ 105 times top 3).

Can't get a game on Angel City though unfortunately, not enough people.

Iscariot

This nerf was 100 percent because of the PC crowd. Soon as they banned it from their recent CTF tournament on reddit i knew they'd look at it.

There was NO REASON to touch the volt on console. It had a learning curve, it promoted movement, and it could get outgunned at distance by the hemlock and g2a, and it would battle the 201 up close and at mid.

NO FUCKING REASON to nerf this gun. Simply because the PC crowd cried. I bet 90% or more of the console population had no idea about the volt. No one here even brought it up as a potential nerf. Because unlike the hemlock and g2a it required actual aiming and movement so many players don't even bother and opt for something simpler to use.

Ridiculous.

I think it's because the Volt has essentially the same long and very long range TTK as the 201. I kind of doubt it has to do with the PC because while the volt is good on PC arguably the Alternator can be even more problematic.

GWX

Found 3 people, what... It used too fill up so quickly before the patch. I just want to play MP with dat FoV :(

edit: "0 in matches" makes me go what. Xbox One, São Paulo server here.

edit 2: I wonder if you guys could invite me :p

Izuna

Banned
Screenshot-Original.png

Considering I quit like every Complex game, these are pretty good <3

That's a 60% MVP rate.

I promise not to quit games anymore though haha

Zemm

Really surprised with my stats especially the win rate since I play 100% solo and quit most Complex and Crash Site maps at the start.

dHnO1sp.jpg

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
Protip: Turn off your Xbox, unplug power, wait 1 minute, plug back in. This should get you the patch downloading.

PS4 slowly rolling out in some regions. Having some issues with store items with 1st parties. Gotta love patch day.

Top Bottom