• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Pons

Neo Member
Ya know, I got both BF1 and TF2 when they released, did some bf1 mp and it was excellent.

Finally got through the tf2 campaign which was pretty darn good, and decided to dip my toes into the mp the past few days. I got to say, this game is a fucking blast.

Only really played Attrition so far as it is the mode I am familiar with from my little time playing TF1. Going to have to branch out and try out the other game modes.

All i know, is the mp is a blast, I love mechs, I love the carrot on a stick unlock system each level, I love the speed (despite my aging reflexes, I'm usually middle of the pack, not first, not worst).

Most of all, I love burning everything around me down with my Scorch bro!

I find, with my limited free time to play, when I want to play some mp fps, I am choosing this consistently over bf1, which is a fine game in its own right. They both scratch different itches, but titanfall2 is just a blast.

Good job Respawn, you fucking got me!

Demoskinos

I'm pretty sure Titanfall 2 has ruined all other first person shooters for me. Its just like muscle memory to try to do wall running now and when I can't I get frustrated.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Tehse changes don't seem noticeable at all

would be nice if they didn't treat us like idiots and told us what the 'rebalancing' was

Demoskinos

Have any of you guys tried any of the other weapons in the game ? Things like the Double take and Mastiff are infuriating to use and i dont see the point in them.

Seriously go play Forward Base using a double take and then try it with the devotion. Youll be outsniped from across the map by people just spamming.

I also cant help but think that this game is different on PC than it is on console, which results in different weapons being viable.

Ive regened every weapon and have to say the Double Take, the Mastiff, and the Kruber are all garbage tier weapons.

In fact if winning is the reason your playing i dont see any reason to ever switch out of the 3 class of guns in assault rifle, smg , or LMG.

Things like the SMR and EPG are fun , but youll help your team alot more if you just use a CAR , Hemlock, or Devotion.

Iv'e done very well for myself with a Kruber thank youuuuu very much. You just need to learn how to aim.

Ferny

Man, I havent been this into a shooter in a long while. I really enjoyed BF1 a lot and still go in for a game or two, but I get instantly bored with anything not TF2. The action is so frantic and the speed and feel of every match feels so perfect.

Can't wait to see what else gets added.

Arttemis

I totally disagree, to the point that I would say that video is almost blatantly wrong. You are never FORCED to run with Auto-Sprint. You can still walk by holding the stick less-than-fully-over. Furthermore, as stated by someone else in this thread, you can pull yourself out of a sprint with a quick flick strafe.

And neither of them is more intuitive than simply click L3 to sprint, stop to stop. In a firefight, you want to have as least thing that might cause a mistake as possible.

Arttemis

Man, I havent been this into a shooter in a long while. I really enjoyed BF1 a lot and still go in for a game or two, but I get instantly bored with anything not TF2. The action is so frantic and the speed and feel of every match feels so perfect.

I'm feeling the same way! I thought Rocket League would be the game for the gen, but I'm loving this! I haven't even liked a multiplayer shooter on consoles since Goldeneye!

Personal preference. For someone who absolutely abhors even the thought of having to press L3, such as myself, pulling back on the stick is infinitely more intuitive.

No offense but you are in the minority out there, for the majority of players, manual sprint is better for both pilot and Titan combat.

The Spitfire is still pretty bad in my opinion. Fortunately, I am enjoying the X-55 Devotion for the most part.

Congrats you just find you best pilot slaying buddy.

E92 M3

Tehse changes don't seem noticeable at all

would be nice if they didn't treat us like idiots and told us what the 'rebalancing' was

Good players will make anything work. And I like their approach - makes it easier for them to discern between facts and opinions that come from the players.

Alright, so here's my thought process:

I haven't popped in BF1 since before their big update, and only checked on their update once.

I think I may just be over it, hate the moron teammates, hate the lack of good features like automatically dropping ammo when asking a teammate multiple times, and feel like Titanfall would be such an easy plug in and play game to chill to.

Got enough team oriented games like Overwatch and Siege, but Battlefield falls apart if the teammates sucks and they almost always do. People at least try in OW and Siege and Im always happy playing with randoms in those games.

I need that COD styled game that isn't COD.

Highly considering selling Battlefield or maybe a trade would work too.

Definitely can't buy Titanfall with Last Guardian just a week away, but Im going to jam to Titanfall knowing both EA and Respawn are working hard.

The free weekend fills me with a lot of hope, as it shows EA is going to try and promote the game in its own meaningful way. It lets me know that they didn't just send the game to fight for itself.

Even though I missed the flash sale like a dummy, do you guys recommend waiting for Christmas time, or should I just order this sucker on Amazon for ~$60 CAD?

iddqd

I am clueless how people go over twenty kills in Attrition.
Most (me included) are close to double digits or JUST over but man, how do you get to 20?

I already saw that Auto Sprint is the devil, anything else I'm missing?

Most (me included) are close to double digits or JUST over but man, how do you get to 20?

20 is usually either some really good player or some mid-high tier players going on a tear, I don't find getting 15+ kills that hard tbh. I'm a mid/slightly above mid level player at best and I constantly gets 15 kills in attrition, BH and AHP. I suck at PvP though because I refuse to cloak/a-wall camp.

SwolBro

Banned
The VOLT sucks from mid-to range now. WTF is the point in even offering a FOV for console if you can't even move now because you'll get immediately outgunned by anything

i've been outgunned despite seeing first, shooting first, and strafing by a goddamn devotion player that just shot me with 1 bullet. This shit is straight stupid.

TTK for volt is dramatically increased because of this. WHAT IS THE POINT. I want an explanation of the thought process. People were complaining about the TTK and now it's effectively worse for the stupidest guns in the game. I don't get it, i really do not get it.

Respawn should allow for less than 70 FOV so i can slide it down to something like 50 and sit back and headglitch with a fucking hemlock

deoee

The VOLT sucks from mid-to range now. WTF is the point in even offering a FOV for console if you can't even move now because you'll get immediately outgunned by anything

i've been outgunned despite seeing first, shooting first, and strafing by a goddamn devotion player that just shot me with 1 bullet. This shit is straight stupid.

TTK for volt is dramatically increased because of this. WHAT IS THE POINT. I want an explanation of the thought process. People were complaining about the TTK and now it's effectively worse for the stupidest guns in the game.

I don't get it, i really do not get it.

I played with it yesterday and it felt about as strong as CAR and Alternator but still way more accurate.

You're clearly upset because "your" gun was nerfed a little and you can't dominate anymore.

I'm not saying all other guns are fine but the Volt still is super accurate and a beast when I play.

Ya know, I got both BF1 and TF2 when they released, did some bf1 mp and it was excellent.

Finally got through the tf2 campaign which was pretty darn good, and decided to dip my toes into the mp the past few days. I got to say, this game is a fucking blast.

Only really played Attrition so far as it is the mode I am familiar with from my little time playing TF1. Going to have to branch out and try out the other game modes.

All i know, is the mp is a blast, I love mechs, I love the carrot on a stick unlock system each level, I love the speed (despite my aging reflexes, I'm usually middle of the pack, not first, not worst).

Most of all, I love burning everything around me down with my Scorch bro!

I find, with my limited free time to play, when I want to play some mp fps, I am choosing this consistently over bf1, which is a fine game in its own right. They both scratch different itches, but titanfall2 is just a blast.

Good job Respawn, you fucking got me!

I'm pretty sure Titanfall 2 has ruined all other first person shooters for me. Its just like muscle memory to try to do wall running now and when I can't I get frustrated.

Same. Traded Bf1 to a friend. It wasn't nearly as fun and felt so cumbersome in relation to tf2

deoee

Alright, so here's my thought process:

I haven't popped in BF1 since before their big update, and only checked on their update once.

I think I may just be over it, hate the moron teammates, hate the lack of good features like automatically dropping ammo when asking a teammate multiple times, and feel like Titanfall would be such an easy plug in and play game to chill to.

Got enough team oriented games like Overwatch and Siege, but Battlefield falls apart if the teammates sucks and they almost always do. People at least try in OW and Siege and Im always happy playing with randoms in those games.

I need that COD styled game that isn't COD.

Highly considering selling Battlefield or maybe a trade would work too.

Definitely can't buy Titanfall with Last Guardian just a week away, but Im going to jam to Titanfall knowing both EA and Respawn are working hard.

The free weekend fills me with a lot of hope, as it shows EA is going to try and promote the game in its own meaningful way. It lets me know that they didn't just send the game to fight for itself.

Even though I missed the flash sale like a dummy, do you guys recommend waiting for Christmas time, or should I just order this sucker on Amazon for ~$60 CAD?

You still haven't gotten the game? :D

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Personal preference. For someone who absolutely abhors even the thought of having to press L3, such as myself, pulling back on the stick is infinitely more intuitive.

Yeah that's why I do it. I have never liked clicking a stick in to do anything so I'll avoid it if possible, and I always used it in TF1 as well and never found it to be a detriment.

SwolBro

Banned
I played with it yesterday and it felt about as strong as CAR and Alternator but still way more accurate.

You're clearly upset because "your" gun was nerfed a little and you can't dominate anymore.

I'm not saying all other guns are fine but the Volt still is super accurate and a beast when I play.

I'll dominate with a P2016, that's not the damn point. The point is they nerfed a gun that allowed for maximum mobility. It's not like they went and nerfed a 1 shot kill weapon here, they nerfed a gun that still required a decent set of skills to dominate.

That's what bothers me, understand? And if you go into a room with any competent person with decent aim you'll be at a HUGE disadvantage while they pick you off from distance with a hemlock/g2a and now even the devotion and flatline.

We're talking guns that take far less skills becoming more dominate. And i'm talking console here, with very generous aim assist not PC.

TTK for volt is dramatically increased because of this. WHAT IS THE POINT. I want an explanation of the thought process. People were complaining about the TTK and now it's effectively worse for the stupidest guns in the game. I don't get it, i really do not get it.

Respawn should allow for less than 70 FOV so i can slide it down to something like 50 and sit back and headglitch with a fucking hemlock
It's a smg, after all. It's my most used weapon and it kind of felt like cheating when sniping with it. It still does work up close and at med range like a smg should. Devotion gets destroyed up close like an lmg should.

SwolBro

Banned
It's a smg, after all. It's my most used weapon and it kind of felt like cheating when sniping with it. It still does work up close and at med range like a smg should. Devotion gets destroyed up close like an lmg should.

Right, but on console this kind of balancing doesn't promote movement, it takes away from it on all levels of play.

The devotion was already a pain in the ass to deal with at distance, now it's nearly impossible against any player of any skill. In my opinion it shouldn't be that way.

jeffc919

It's very map dependent for me. I've gotten into the mid 20's a few times on Eden and Exoplanet. Maybe one of the others too. Big open maps with long sight lines suit my play style of choosing the engagements that are favorable to me, getting the jump on the enemy more often than not, and then getting my Titan and hunting for pilots and trying to force only engagements with Titans where I have an advantage (i.e. outnumbering the enemy or flanking an enemy so I can get in lots of damage before evading and taking little or no damage myself). Most games I'm somewhere between 7-15 kills because the maps in TF2 are harder for me to excel at than the original. No regenerating shields on Titans also makes it harder to go on extremely long killing sprees. Even with selective engagements and the occasional battery scavenging, you're bound to have your health chipped away, or just get into an unavoidable fair fight where you "win" but come out of it heavily damaged. Also goes without saying that having really impressive kill totals depends a lot on the level of competition on the other team. On one of those big open maps, if the enemies are constantly sitting stationary crouched on roof tops or in windows, etc., I will just pick them off one after another. Looking forward to this weekend when a bunch of brand new players try out the game for the first time!!! :D

Izuna

Banned
Right, but on console this kind of balancing doesn't promote movement, it takes away from it on all levels of play.

The devotion was already a pain in the ass to deal with at distance, now it's nearly impossible against any player of any skill. In my opinion it shouldn't be that way.

You say that, but I move all the time with the Hemlock :s

E92 M3

Practice for getting the flow down. Once you're comfortable, you'll be getting 25-30 kills. What gun do you like?

To be fair, I don't use the Volt, but it sucks when your weapon gets nerfed. It wasn't close to OP on consoles and I killed Volt users all the time with my Alt. Respawn needs to balance PC and Consoles differently.

So they are pretty useless

I barely use the thing (I usually run Volt, or one of the Hemlock or G2A), but the Devotion is my highest efficiency weapon at the moment according to the new stats page.

I think you just have to adjust your range of engagement. Too close, and SMG users can run up on you and finish you quicker, too far, and AR users have the accuracy advantage. Right in the middle there is a sweet spot where you'e doing more damage, faster than both. Plus the DPS for body shots is far higher than any other full-auto weapon class, so you don't even have to be that accurate.

deoee

I'll dominate with a P2016, that's not the damn point. The point is they nerfed a gun that allowed for maximum mobility. It's not like they went and nerfed a 1 shot kill weapon here, they nerfed a gun that still required a decent set of skills to dominate.

That's what bothers me, understand? And if you go into a room with any competent person with decent aim you'll be at a HUGE disadvantage while they pick you off from distance with a hemlock/g2a and now even the devotion and flatline.

We're talking guns that take far less skills becoming more dominate. And i'm talking console here, with very generous aim assist not PC.

I know what you're getting into, but the only way we can get this fixes is with seperate balancing for PC and Console.

The same weapons wont ever be as effective on the one platform as on the other.

It's an SMG, it was never supposed to be as good at mid-range (AR range) as it was. It's still a monster in SMG range, the player just has to get in close to make the most of it now.

Been playing a couple of games with Legion on Angel City, and I was hot garbage using him on that map. Too many lines of sight for titans and windows for pilots, and not enough cover for his slow ass.

Raptor

Rayme dont take out hit markers nor hit sounds.

There are perfect the way they are, pay no attention to the people that say to take it out.

Tho if an option is there all hidden for weird people that dont like it well that would be nice.

K thanx bye!!

iddqd

Practice for getting the flow down. Once you're comfortable, you'll be getting 25-30 kills. What gun do you like?

The VOLT worked great, anything where I don't have to use the sights but can shoot from the hip.
So I tend to get into the 10s when I use the shotgun on the smaller maps.
Larger maps and its sometimes even as low as 5 or 6 kills in 10min. Feels bad man.

The VOLT worked great, anything where I don't have to use the sights but can shoot from the hip.
So I tend to get into the 10s when I use the shotgun on the smaller maps.
Larger maps and its sometimes even as low as 5 or 6 kills in 10min. Feels bad man.

CAR and R201 both have pretty good hip-fire. EVA is still kind of a monster.

Size of the maps shouldn't really have a huge impact, just gotta get better at moving into close range quickly as a hard target.

Top Bottom