• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

SwolBro

Banned
You say that, but I move all the time with the Hemlock :s
Exactly, and that's a huge problem because a lot of good players are running it. We're talking a 2 shot weapon with generous aim-assist completely dominating with close to no real skill required, no strafing, nothing. It's hey boom you're dead. Fuck that.

I know what you're getting into, but the only way we can get this fixes is with seperate balancing for PC and Console.

The same weapons wont ever be as effective on the one platform as on the other.
And they need to do that.
It's an SMG, it was never supposed to be as good at mid-range (AR range) as it was. It's still a monster in SMG range, the player just has to get in close to make the most of it now.
Ok? so the players that are playing the game to it's maximum potential are the ones penalized? That's retarded.

Izuna

Banned
Exactly, and that's a huge problem because a lot of good players are running it. We're talking a 2 shot weapon with generous aim-assist completely dominating with close to no real skill required, no strafing, nothing. It's hey boom you're dead. Fuck that.

You should quit playing Pilots vs. Pilots. This game will never be balanced with it. :S

Also at least a third of my Hemlock kills are one shot <3

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The Volt is/was a pretty cheap weapon in the hands of someone who could use it. It almost seemed unfair, to be honest, when I started running it to try it out.

Ok? so the players that are playing the game to it's maximum potential are the ones penalized? That's retarded.

Disagree. One weapon should not overstep into the role of another weapon or weapon class in the sandbox.

The Volt was a godly SMG paired with more-than-competent AR qualities at range. All they did was back off the AR qualities. It's still the best SMG in the game.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Disagree. One weapon should not overstep into the role of another weapon or weapon class in the sandbox.

The Volt was a godly SMG paired with more-than-competent AR qualities at range. All they did was back off the AR qualities. It's still the best SMG in the game.
It essentially replaced the R201 and made the CAR irrelevant.

SwolBro

Banned

This logic may seem sound but it's not. It's never worked out like this in the real world. At least not for mobile shooters.

It may be a good thing for a game like Battlefield but it's not for a game like this. "Turtling" happens too much on console where people sit back against any potential threat or good player and hope they get charged at. It becomes a game of distance. I hate that shit. It's not fun. It takes away from what makes a game like this worth playing.

I don't like dying when i know i outplayed someone.

The Volt is/was a pretty cheap weapon in the hands of someone who could use it. It almost seemed unfair, to be honest, when I started running it to try it out.

How was it cheap? i'd love to hear this explanation.

Zemm

People crying over the Volt nerf and it's still the best weapon in the game unless you're playing some "camp the roof" type build with a Hemlock and cloak. The gun is still devastating.

TheRed

It's pretty horrible, I've just gone back to regular attrition which feels much much better to play.
They should really work on that, it's a great fun map but no ones gonna want to be playing it if performance is bad.
Times like these I'm happy I got a gtx 1080, been having a lot of fun on Angel City. I do notice it runs worse than all the other maps.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't have a lot of experience with it compared to my "main" of G2/Eva, but I always felt like I won most engagements against everyone except Eva-users up close, particularly if I was cheesing it with Cloak or Phase. You never have to ADS, you can always keep moving once you unlock the shoot while sprinting mod, and you basically destroy anyone at short-mid rage.

The only time I felt weak with the weapon is when the other team was camping, but that's not a problem with the guns, it's a problem with the maps and how they offer so many ways for people to remain stationary and still see a lot of the map.

This logic may seem sound but it's not. It's never worked out like this in the real world. At least not for mobile shooters.

It may be a good thing for a game like Battlefield but it's not for a game like this. "Turtling" happens too much on console where people sit back against any potential threat or good player and hope they get charged at. It becomes a game of distance. I hate that shit. It's not fun. It takes away from what makes a game like this worth playing.

I don't like dying when i know i outplayed someone.

Well, I was cross-mapping dudes who had g2s and was beating them, sooo.

RedFury

I have to agree volt was reaching ranges it has no right to reach. Then there is complaints about the Hemlock and G2 when that IS their niche. Come on now, so your arguing that an smg should be able to counter a DMR/BR AT RANGE? The 201 acts like a smg that can reach out at range AND keep a better damage profile. This to me is just a logical change.

KingV

What exactly are you doing. Auto sprint works fine with bunnyhopping.

Mastiff is amazing.

I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing wrong, but after watching some of the "move like me" videos, I haven't been successful in maintaining momentum over flat ground, as much as I have seen.

I'm not sure if it's because I'm instinctively holding forward during my slide hops... or what? I watched the gamersager video and actually didn't find it that helpful.

Maybe frothy has a better one.

Calderc

I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing wrong, but after watching some of the "move like me" videos, I haven't been successful in maintaining momentum over flat ground, as much as I have seen.

I'm not sure if it's because I'm instinctively holding forward during my slide hops... or what? I watched the gamersager video and actually didn't find it that helpful.

Yup, don't push forward.

Is there black crush issue on consoles? I started playing on the PS4 Pro and noticed a lot of places and objects are completely black, especially in darker levels. This looks like similar issue that appeared in both Infamous PS4 games after they received Pro/HDR patches.

0HlMcWp.jpg

RedFury

Yeah watch frothy's they're alot better. He has a beginner, intermediate, and expert series + another for controllers with a cam.

Edit: also holding forward is your issue.

Izuna

Banned
Is there black crush issue on consoles? I started playing on the PS4 Pro and noticed a lot of places and objects are completely black, especially in darker levels. This looks like similar issue that appeared in both Infamous PS4 games after they received Pro/HDR patches.

PC is just brighter. The ingame setting solves that.

also the PC's gamma default is fucked

New pistol continues to bum me out that you have to decide between a pistol and an anti-titan weapon

Yeah it bums me out too, maybe unlike the primary they could just make the pistols have fairly limited ammo without being able to refill them like I think you can with the Anti-Titan weapons. It would make them at least really feel like a last ditch "Out of ammo gotta switch to this" and allow you to have them alongside the anti-titan weapon. As they are now, the only reason to have one IMO is if you're playing Pilots vs Pilots, otherwise not having an anti-titan weapon just seems like a bad choice.

Btw has anyone found/seen the film grain slider yet? Couldn't find it at all last night.

When I was trying it out, this video was more helpful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKfmJd28KUs

It's gonna come down the timing of the button presses.

It felt like I was doing worse. I leave most games on Crash Site and a good number of games on Homestead and Complex.

Nowhere near as good as TF1 though. I don't think I could ever do that well with all the random stuff that's going on and the way the maps are designed. It's much harder to control fights this time around.

Are you sure it's not the fact that your stats suggest that you spent more than 70% of your time in a Titan in TF1? Your distribution is totally different in TF2, you only get about half of your kills in the Titan (which is quite a lot). You have 2200 as pilot, 1800 in titan, I have 5564 as pilot, 1816 as Titan. Your stats appear to benefit astronomically from your Tone gameplay.

Your stats are really odd generally to be honest, super high KDR but modest win/loss. I would have thought your team would have won more if you are getting so many kills, it always seems super easy to carry in attrition, pilot vs pilot and bounty hunter. I tend to leave my Titan quite a bit to play the objective which probably accounts for the higher win / loss and MVP rate, but lower KDR.

Your TF1 stats are insane though. The only time I've ever had or seen stats like that was on Starhawk, which actually had a sort of similar system with hawks just decimating pilots on the ground. Quite a lot of the top 100 or so pilots had 10+ KDRs on that game, I guess it was the high skill ceiling, unbalanced nature of the game and lack of good tutorials (in Starhawks case).

SwolBro

Banned
the flatline lol. now here's an AR that is now just as good as an SMG up close.

this is turning into a real joke.

Blizzard can't get enough credit. They do it right. Balance games separately on PC and console. THEY DON"T PLAY THE SAME

Auctopus

People are getting so good at this game I'm getting suspicious of aimbotting lol

Edit: and there's my peak time cut-out, Respawn aren't allowing me anymore playtime today.

I have to agree volt was reaching ranges it has no right to reach. Then there is complaints about the Hemlock and G2 when that IS their niche. Come on now, so your arguing that an smg should be able to counter a DMR/BR AT RANGE? The 201 acts like a smg that can reach out at range AND keep a better damage profile. This to me is just a logical change.

Eh, if people were using the Volt or G2 at long range and losing then they deserved to lose the encounter. The TTK on the Volt at range is nothing compared to those two, Volt especially.

I don't mind the nerf, it doesn't make much difference. I watched someone use the Volt to snipe me last night, and I was so far away I could barely even see myself on his killcam. All is fine. It's still capable at range, if ever so slightly weaker, but it doesn't stop it doing whatever it was doing before.

Crucially, if I was killing people with the Volt at long range before I was doing that because they were either a) bad, or b) not equipped with an appropriate weapon to return fire. The same is still true, and I'm still getting the same kills. Against a good pilot with the right weapon the Volt was always going to lose at range, it did before, and it still does now - lucky there aren't many good pilots then.

RedFury

Eh, if people were using the Volt or G2 at long range and losing then they deserved to lose the encounter. The TTK on the Volt at range is nothing compared to those two, Volt especially.

I don't mind the nerf, it doesn't make much difference. I watched someone use the Volt to snipe me last night, and I was so far away I could barely even see myself on his killcam. All is fine. It's still capable at range, if ever so slightly weaker, but it doesn't stop it doing whatever it was doing before.

Crucially, if I was killing people with the Volt at long range before I was doing that because they were either a) bad, or b) not equipped with an appropriate weapon to return fire. The same is still true, and I'm still getting the same kills. Against a good pilot with the right weapon the Volt was always going to lose at range, it did before, and it still does now - lucky there aren't many good pilots then.
?
...That's the argument I'm making. A Volt can still kill at range but lose to an appropriate weapon at range.

SwolBro

Banned
I don't mind the nerf, it doesn't make much difference. I watched someone use the Volt to snipe me last night, and I was so far away I could barely even see myself on his killcam..
He was most likely amped. There's no way a volt is killing a full health pilot at real range now quick enough for you not to escape it.

Cels

in bounty hunt, you lose 50% of your bounty when someone kills you

but if you kill someone, how much do you get? do you also get 50% of that player's bounty?

i never figured out these numbers, i just kill players lol

Izuna

Banned

but if you kill someone, how much do you get? do you also get 50% of that player's bounty?

What do you think? haha

Of course.

Lol yes, you get 50% of that player's bounty, but money stolen from kills don't get scored unless you bank it. Killing players alone won't score your team points.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!

Gamesager's video doesn't go into detail about slide hopping but when you get it down you should go back to it for tips on air-strafing. I thought he did a good job of explaining it.

Finally got round to installing update.

Just over 1.5 days played (thought it would be higher) and a KD of 4.9

Will definitely be picking up those skins in the store, although maybe leaving off on the banners

E92 M3

Finally got round to installing update.

Just over 1.5 days played (thought it would be higher) and a KD of 4.9

Will definitely be picking up those skins in the store, although maybe leaving off on the banners

I don't use the banners, but bought to support Respawn and for the collection.

My stats are all messed up which makes me kinda sadface. I'm sure everything will equalize within a month.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What do you do as Scorch against a Nuclear Eject? I just die. Even with full hp and turbo boost. If I manage to survive, it's like.. 10% shield and the descending pilot just MLGs me.

Top Bottom