• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Meccs

I still don't understand Bounty Hunt. I rarely die, I kill stuff, get damage on the bounty that we destroy, I cash in etc yet I have a low amount of points. What gives points there? I see people having 1.7k regularly. Should I kill more Grunts and NPC in general?

I still don't understand Bounty Hunt. I rarely die, I kill stuff, get damage on the bounty that we destroy, I cash in etc yet I have a low amount of points. What gives points there? I see people having 1.7k regularly. Should I kill more Grunts and NPC in general?

yea . You can get like 200-300 by helping clear out a wave plus w/e you get for killing pilots. Same with bounties.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
From the patch notes they bumped up the reaper and specter scores. Shooting the other team is more about denying than scoring.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!

Yes, racking up NPC kills can get you a lot of cash in addition to pilots. Having a lot of pilot kills isn't a guarantee of success especially if most of them don't have any money. If you are depositing a lot of money your score will be higher.

Animator

I would like to see more features to prime titans than just a small model update. Would be nice to have configurable titan voice/etc. I bought both primes but kinda regret doing so at the moment. The nose art packs were awesome though.

HelloMeow

Are you sure it's not the fact that your stats suggest that you spent more than 70% of your time in a Titan in TF1? Your distribution is totally different in TF2, you only get about half of your kills in the Titan (which is quite a lot). You have 2200 as pilot, 1800 in titan, I have 5564 as pilot, 1816 as Titan. Your stats appear to benefit astronomically from your Tone gameplay.

In TF1 i spent 51% of the time in titans. Maybe less. I don't know if it counts FD games. What I tended to do was ignore minions as a pilot and then go all out in a titan. This worked really well to get a titan and core fast. It also skewed the titan kill stats.

In TF2 it's 40%. Not surprising because there are no shields.

Your stats are really odd generally to be honest, super high KDR but modest win/loss. I would have thought your team would have won more if you are getting so many kills, it always seems super easy to carry in attrition, pilot vs pilot and bounty hunter. I tend to leave my Titan quite a bit to play the objective which probably accounts for the higher win / loss and MVP rate, but lower KDR.
I leave a lot of games on the bad maps. I'd prefer to do it before the game starts, but that's not an option.

E92 M3

In TF1 i spent 51% of the time in titans. Maybe less. I don't know if it counts FD games. What I tended to do was ignore minions as a pilot and then go all out in a titan. This worked really well to get a titan and core fast. It also skewed the titan kill stats.

In TF2 it's 40%. Not surprising because there are no shields.

I leave a lot of games on the bad maps. I'd prefer to do it before the game starts, but that's not an option.

Against average players, I keep my Tone alive for the whole match. Titan combat offers so many strategical options and most people just use them as glorified tanks attacking the frontline.

Well. I did it. I bought it for $50. Hopefully the free weekend helps boost sales. And I'll definitely play on angel city. Can they just remaster more maps please?

Hell don't even remaster them. Just port them. I don't care.

To compensate for a guilty conscience, I'll probably sell Battlefield. See u guys out there :p

TheRed

Bought the Prime Scorch skin so I can finally be pulled away from playing Ion all the time. Would like to get Prime Ion but instead got the customization pack because I really like my Ion skins already, the Red Baron is awesome and I just noticed I unlocked the Sandstorm from 100 killing sprees with her already so I'm gonna roll around with that on for a while.

KodaRuss

Bounty Hunt feels like the devs tried to build a better mousetrap.

Attrition with all its flaws is going to remain the star of the show.

Bounty Hunt is the better mode. Half the time in Attrition I am running around looking for something to kill rather than knowing exactly where the action is going to be.

There is strategy to Bounty Hunt, defending banks, taking out players/Titans that have collected the Titan Bounty and securing the drop locations of the mobs.

Disker

I don't use the banners, but bought to support Respawn and for the collection.

My stats are all messed up which makes me kinda sadface. I'm sure everything will equalize within a month.

How are your stats messed up? How do you know that? Didn't hear anyone else with that problem.

Can you give me a example? Kinda curious :D

Hmmm yeah I don't think I'm enjoying Angel City.

It's bad enough that everyone around me seems to have a 6th sense when fighting as a pilot, but now the whole map is Ambush Alley for Titans as well- You get hit from all sides and you can't see where.

Meccs

4h played and I'm getting the hang of Bounty Hunt and the game in general. Slowing down a bit has definitely helped. Some guys hip fire over half the map though and I spay like crazy if I don't ADS. Insane. I need to pay more attention to those weapons and attachments. I'm still using the starter rifle.

E92 M3

How are your stats messed up? How do you know that? Didn't hear anyone else with that problem.

Can you give me a example? Kinda curious :D

My most efficient weapon is the predator cannon (which I used for 5 minutes) and my kills from the pro screen don't match the stat screen. Ignoring the core and boosts not being counted. Somethings are just iffy, but it's all good. With a steady playtime of a month, they should normalize.

I LOVE Eden as well. Would play Angel City 24/7 but absolutely hate bounty hunt. Still play the map, but not as often lol.

Is Angel City bounty hunt only? Because after all this time I hate that mode.
...bounty hunt is my favorite mode D:

Also they need to revert assists not giving progress fucking asap, it's stupid that if I deal 95% of damage with a titan or weapon and someone else swoops in I won't get any credit for it. It's seriously killing my drive to play. It was perfect the way it was before and I never read a single complaint on any forum about it.

Games are slowly learning that's stupid, Overwatch does it right. The amount of points you get for an elimination is based on the percentage of damage you did to the enemy.

I wish developers would quit rewarding people for dying in a game where you are meant to kill others to get points. Nuclear ejection is the worst kind of mechanic.

I wish developers would quit rewarding people for dying in a game where you are meant to kill others to get points. Nuclear ejection is the worst kind of mechanic.
You don't die from ejecting and any skilled and/or aware player will almost never die from nuclear ejection and choose a better titan loadout instead.

NERF THIS

Izuna

Banned

lol...

I missed it when people only complained about the Smart Pistol...

Also, you can manual eject if you can't dash out of the way of a Nuclear (or as Pilot, Phase Shift is a perfect counter).

Finally, you can only Nuclear when Doomed in this game. It's VERY avoidable and super situational.

Animator

If you died to nuclear ejection that pilot deserved those points. It is a very situational ability and super easy to avoid.

MastAndo

My apologies if this has been answered, but is there a way to access the Angel City map right now if I didn't pre-order? I heard something about an invite, so thought I'd ask...

Top Bottom