• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

I wouldn't mind a a purchasable Prime version of the R-201 that makes it look like the other one in Titanfall 1. I still love the look of that version WAY more.

Where dat film grain slider pls

deoee

Man Volt is still pretty nasty. What's the main complaint, you can't outgunned at range?

That you can't compete with AR and snipers (at mid to long ranges) that well anymore I think.
Also it was one of the only weapons to empathize fast movement (?)

That you can't compete with AR and snipers (at mid to long ranges) that well anymore I think.
Also it was one of the only weapons to empathize fast movement (?)

Which doesn't really make sense, because now you need to move MORE and move FASTER in order to close the gap into it's effective range.

Before you could trade shots with ARs are med-long range, so you didn't actually even need to move to be good with it.

KodaRuss

Anybody else having issues with Ronin's melee hitbox? It feels like I keep missing hits that I used to make.

I found myself getting pushed back a lot further than before getting melee'd by other titans. It was really frustrating trying to keep in range to melee or even do an execution, cost me a kill or two last night.

I should have saved the video but there were two occasions where I felt like I was getting bounced around like a beach ball.

Something is up and part of it is the range it seems.

I think he meant emphasize.

I found myself getting pushed back a lot further than before getting melee'd by other titans. It was really frustrating trying to keep in range to melee or even do an execution, cost me a kill or two last night.

I should have saved the video but there were two occasions where I felt like I was getting bounced around like a beach ball.

Something is up and part of it is the range it seems.

Yeah, something is definitely off.

I don't typically die to nuclear ejection. But I see a ton of Ronins running it, charging into groups, and just committing suicide. How much skill does that take? To get a free kill every three times you use it? It doesn't need to be nerfed, it's not OP. It's just a dumb design that rewards bad players. And not even well.

RedFury

I think he meant emphasize.

Yeah, something is definitely off.
What? Man I've been pulling of executions left and right after patch. I've got at least 10 in my last 4 matches (pilot and titan). Well I also started holding so not really a controlled experiment. Try holding, its working so well for me. Haven't missed one yet and thought that was BS.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Hmmm yeah I don't think I'm enjoying Angel City.

It's bad enough that everyone around me seems to have a 6th sense when fighting as a pilot, but now the whole map is Ambush Alley for Titans as well- You get hit from all sides and you can't see where.

Northstar and Angel City are a match made in heaven

KodaRuss

I don't typically die to nuclear ejection. But I see a ton of Ronins running it, charging into groups, and just committing suicide. How much skill does that take? To get a free kill every three times you use it? It doesn't need to be nerfed, it's not OP. It's just a dumb design that rewards bad players. And not even well.

What do you think Ronin is for exactly? He has to be incredibly close to do any sort of meaningful damage.

Should there not be any Titan that can break up a Tone/Legion circle jerk that are doing hella damage halfway across the map?

What is more skillful? Sitting behind a shield firing your 40mm from far away or running in and doing your best to fuck up likely multiple Titans with your 4 shot clip until your measly health bar is diminished to a doomed state.

What do you think Ronin is for exactly? He has to be incredibly close to do any sort of meaningful damage.

Should there not be any Titan that can break up a Tone/Legion circle jerk that are doing hella damage halfway across the map?

So he has to have Nuclear Ejection to do that? It's a balance feature now?

KodaRuss

So he has to have Nuclear Ejection to do that? It's a balance feature now?

Let's be clear, you are a bad player if you are getting killed by Nuclear Ejection on a regular basis.

I dont see anything wrong with it but if the nerf police wants it then I guess we should eliminate anything that causes bad players to die.

Calderc

Is anyone finding this utterly unplayable due to lag tonight? Would turn a corner, stop for 10 seconds, teleport back around the corner and be in an execution. Couldn't shoot a thing due to it.

Let's be clear, you are a bad player if you are getting killed by Nuclear Ejection on a regular basis.

I dont see anything wrong with it but if the nerf police wants it then I guess we should eliminate anything that causes bad players to die.
Yup. Nuclear ejection is easy to avoid unless tethered or you do the last second dome cheese. Nerf police want everything adjusted if it kills them more than twice.

What? Man I've been pulling of executions left and right after patch. I've got at least 10 in my last 4 matches (pilot and titan). Well I also started holding so not really a controlled experiment. Try holding, its working so well for me. Haven't missed one yet and thought that was BS.

I wasn't talking about executions actually, just melee hits and Ronin's in particular. His slashes seem to have a much narrower hitbox now.

Let's be clear, you're making a garbage argument. If you are getting killed on a regular basis by ANYTHING you are probably not great at the game. Regardless of what is killing you. Nuclear Ejection is particularly dubious. It's not an issue of "nerfing", like I said before and if you could read you probably would have gotten. No one is calling the nerf police, although the Wahbulance is coming to pick up people who can't even discuss details of a game without assuming people are trying to pick on it or something.

So again, Nuclear Ejection is not dumb because it is OP and because I think a mechanic of a game is poor I am a bad player. It is dumb because dying should not give you ANYTHING positive.

Let's be clear, you're making a garbage argument. If you are getting killed on a regular basis by ANYTHING you are probably not great at the game. Regardless of what is killing you. Nuclear Ejection is particularly dubious. It's not an issue of "nerfing", like I said before and if you could read you probably would have gotten. No one is calling the nerf police, although the Wahbulance is coming to pick up people who can't even discuss details of a game without assuming people are trying to pick on it or something.

So again, Nuclear Ejection is not dumb because it is OP and because I think a mechanic of a game is poor I am a bad player. It is dumb because dying should not give you ANYTHING positive.

But the ejecting pilot doesn't actually die.

I finally got around to gen 2, I like how you get to keep everything you bought. So your playstyle doesn’t really have to change when you regen. There are so many games I’m trying to play, so I don’t play as much as I should! For the most part, I do ok for myself. I guess I should play more than Attrition and Ronin, lol.

27oGaQO.jpg

2rm1DiU.jpg

Animator

He is not DYING, he is self destructing and ejecting. If you can't move back five steps and goose the pilot, yes you are a bad player.

He is not DYING, he is self destructing and ejecting. If you can't move back five steps and goose the pilot, yes you are a bad player.

But the ejecting pilot doesn't actually die.

So Titans don't actually effect the game? Titans provide an advantage to your team. Killing one gives your team more of an advantage. There are tangible entities and removing one is effectively killing a resource. You also get points for it. I'd say it's about the same as a player dying as far as winning the game goes. Maybe more so.

RedFury

I wasn't talking about executions actually, just melee hits and Ronin's in particular. His slashes seem to have a much narrower hitbox now.
I noticed punching people and them flying pretty far back. Thought maybe I just perceived it and it wasn't actually further than normal. Another FoV illusion.

Also noticed something funny, glitch maybe. Ion prime execute an auto titan and little guy still came out to get lasered ugh ok.

...bounty hunt is my favorite mode D:

Also they need to revert assists not giving progress fucking asap, it's stupid that if I deal 95% of damage with a titan or weapon and someone else swoops in I won't get any credit for it. It's seriously killing my drive to play. It was perfect the way it was before and I never read a single complaint on any forum about it.

Games are slowly learning that's stupid, Overwatch does it right. The amount of points you get for an elimination is based on the percentage of damage you did to the enemy.
My favorite part about OW is the scoring. Even battlefield does this to a degree.

KodaRuss

But to use it you dont die. If you dont have nuclear ejection and you do the same exact thing you dont die.

Titans are a vehicle/a tool not your life. They are expendable. Nuclear Ejection punishes unattentive or over aggressive players.

I finally got around to gen 2, I like how you get to keep everything you bought. So your playstyle doesn’t really have to change when you regen. There are so many games I’m trying to play, so I don’t play as much as I should! For the most part, I do ok for myself. I guess I should play more than Attrition and Ronin, lol.

Nice stats! I suck with Ronin...

Any tips for how to embed images?

So Titans don't actually effect the game? Titans provide an advantage to your team. Killing one gives your team more of an advantage. There are tangible entities and removing one is effectively killing a resource. You also get points for it. I'd say it's about the same as a player dying as far as winning the game goes. Maybe more so.

I thought you were arguing about whether someone was good at the game if they keep dying. Nuclear doesn't kill the ejecting pilot.

Since you changed your argument, why isn't a bum rushing Ronin who kills one or two titans with a nuclear not using Ronin as the tool to help his team? If you die from nuclear eject, that's on you.

Are you sure it's not the fact that your stats suggest that you spent more than 70% of your time in a Titan in TF1? Your distribution is totally different in TF2, you only get about half of your kills in the Titan (which is quite a lot). You have 2200 as pilot, 1800 in titan, I have 5564 as pilot, 1816 as Titan. Your stats appear to benefit astronomically from your Tone gameplay.

Your stats are really odd generally to be honest, super high KDR but modest win/loss. I would have thought your team would have won more if you are getting so many kills, it always seems super easy to carry in attrition, pilot vs pilot and bounty hunter. I tend to leave my Titan quite a bit to play the objective which probably accounts for the higher win / loss and MVP rate, but lower KDR.

Your TF1 stats are insane though. The only time I've ever had or seen stats like that was on Starhawk, which actually had a sort of similar system with hawks just decimating pilots on the ground. Quite a lot of the top 100 or so pilots had 10+ KDRs on that game, I guess it was the high skill ceiling, unbalanced nature of the game and lack of good tutorials (in Starhawks case).
A lot of the crazy k/d guys have more kills as titans and their best weapon is usually the 40mm. Tone decimates pilots. A lot of these guys were also upset that titans dont have regen making it harder to rampage with their titan all match and go 75/0 like the bf1 beta tanks
Edit:Not hating just an observation

TheRed

I tried Scorch a few times and really wasn't doing well. Maybe it was because its was Angel City and I'd do better on the regular TF2 maps with him?
I at least was able to do the new execution and it was great.

Lucian

So, you all are talking multiplayer, but I had to pop in and say that I loved the campaign. It exceeded my expectations despite all the good things I was hearing about it. Controls are responsive, I enjoyed the story and pacing, and there were some great surprises along the way.

You may now carry on with your multiplayer talk. 😆

I don't think it counts toward your score in that case.

In TF1, it would state on the screen when you joined "You have joined late on a losing side. If your team loses, this will not be counted as a loss" - you don't have it on this one

Finally got round to playing a few games after the patch. Have they swapped the position of BH and Attrition around because I instinctively just clicked play when I jumped into MP and fully expected to play some BH, only to find that I'm playing Attrition instead o_0

Which, by the way, is by far the weakest game mode. I used to love Attrition on TF1, but can't stand it on this game. No team work whatsoever. Gimme BH every day of the week (which is something I never thought I'd say after I hated BH in the Alpha)

In TF1 i spent 51% of the time in titans. Maybe less. I don't know if it counts FD games. What I tended to do was ignore minions as a pilot and then go all out in a titan. This worked really well to get a titan and core fast. It also skewed the titan kill stats.

In TF2 it's 40%. Not surprising because there are no shields.

I leave a lot of games on the bad maps. I'd prefer to do it before the game starts, but that's not an option.

Yeah I'm just basing it on kills I don't know your actual time, but if so that means you were killing people much faster in Titans than you were as a pilot, no? That's just so different to my own playstyle. Which makes sense, as I have a higher kills per game and kills per minute also, so I just play faster, run around more, play in the Titan less, by the looks of it.

I think I spent like 20% of my time in my Titan, not because I don't like it or don't do well, just because I can kill people in buildings and whatnot when I'm running around. I have more fun that way personally, but of course I do die more than I would in the Titan. Either way, it's interesting that the Titan mechanics alone can create such distinct playstyles between players.

SwolBro

Banned
Yep, it's still the best gun in the game imo
Definitely not. On console the 201 is back to being the more dominant all purpose weapon.

Which doesn't really make sense, because now you need to move MORE and move FASTER in order to close the gap into it's effective range.

Before you could trade shots with ARs are med-long range, so you didn't actually even need to move to be good with it.
Besides being amped the Volt was never a long range monster. Being shot by a volt at distance wasn't an automatic death. You could easily get hit and turn on a volt at distance.

It bested the 201 at mid to short range but it was less accurate and trickier to shoot which meant you actually had to be a pretty good player to beast around with it. 201 bested it at distance and not to mention it has the hcog, the volt doesn't. That makes a difference.

But you are right- to be a real successful Volt player you have to be that much better and a lot more mobile than before which is why for most maps now the 201 is the better choice.

Why am i going to fly around a map like Complex when i'm probably going to be more successful picking people off from distance with a 201?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I tried Scorch a few times and really wasn't doing well. Maybe it was because its was Angel City and I'd do better on the regular TF2 maps with him?
I at least was able to do the new execution and it was great.
He can be really map situational. He's pretty fucked in open maps since he relies on control and avoiding pokes.

Angel City seems kind of split down the middle with him of what I've played so far. There's some corners in there but not as much elevation for him to benefit from. And shooting your traps inside the windows is hard as fuck on that map.

So, you all are talking multiplayer, but I had to pop in and say that I loved the campaign. It exceeded my expectations despite all the good things I was hearing about it. Controls are responsive, I enjoyed the story and pacing, and there were some great surprises along the way.

You may now carry on with your multiplayer talk. 😆

It really was a pleasant surprise!

And there i was thinking lasering an ejecting pilot was the most satisfying thing when a pilot ejects, i hit laser... Not enough power. Dash under him and punch him out the sky instead. Felt so good.

Have then shortened Ions grand laser? Felt like it lasted longer with buff before patch. If so i might switch it for the new one maybe.

Top Bottom