• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

And there i was thinking lasering an ejecting pilot was the most satisfying thing when a pilot ejects, i hit laser... Not enough power. Dash under him and punch him out the sky instead. Felt so good.

Have then shortened Ions grand laser? Felt like it lasted longer with buff before patch. If so i might switch it for the new one maybe.

Correction:

The most satisfying is hitting pilots out of the air with your CORE laser. Such delicious, delicious overkill.

Alx

The update introduced a display bug when searching for new games, the bottom of the text is cropped. I suppose it's a known one since it's hard to miss, unless it's only me ?

Screenshot-Original.png

Gator86

I bought the Ronin pack to throw Respawn some cash. That black and yellow paint is fantastic.

I would buy the camo pack if we could customize pilots. Phase shift bot looks like actual shit and I hate it. I love being able to see a Titan and know what it can do. Difference is, titans actually exist for more than half a second upon being shot. Pilot classes are pointless 99% of the time. When I'm using a Hemlock, I'm not like oh man, better use half a burst on this guy because he's got stim. I'm putting him down in one shot as soon as I see him regardless of what he's wearing. The TTK is too high and the encounters too brief for it to matter. I'm gen6 and I can't think of a single time knowing someone's ability would have helped me.

Don't make me stay this lame-ass bot...

...how do you guys move in this game?

As in, do you guys just bounce from one location to the next in some rotation? Because right now I'm just randomly going here there and everywhere.

Also is there a trick to reading the radar that I'm not aware of? I see some high level streamers like Frothy and it's almost like they can sense someone sneaking up behind them.

As in, do you guys just bounce from one location to the next in some rotation? Because right now I'm just randomly going here there and everywhere.

Also is there a trick to reading the radar that I'm not aware of? I see some high level streamers like Frothy and it's almost like they can sense someone sneaking up behind them.

It's like any other MP game. Play the game enough and you get a sense of the areas on the map that attract the most action, have the best sight-lines, provide the best choke points, have the most cover, etc.

TitanFall is somewhat unique in that the wall running makes you start looking at verticle structures as routes, and Respawn has done a fairly good job of ensuring there are several wall-running routes into and out of the major combat areas, so that you can approach and escape via multiple angles.

TL;DR version: Just play more, you'll start to get the 'feel' of where to go and the best ways to get there.

As far as the radar, it's pretty simple. If it lights up red around the edges, theres an enemy in that direction that's shooting. Could be AI or player.

If there's a circle 'area' of red around you on the radar, that means there's somebody (player or AI), directly on top of you (but potentially on higher or lower ground).

Finally, if somebody on your team uses a pulse blade or map hack, players will appear as larger orange dots, while AIs appear as smaller orange dots.

Titans appear as big triangles. Blue ones are your team's, orange are the other team's or AI.

KodaRuss

It takes a ton of practice to get good at running and bouncing around correctly.

Radar has something to do with it but if you can easily hear footsteps in this game as well and I have been able to kill people trying to flank me by listening to them sprint after me.

I bought the Ronin pack to throw Respawn some cash. That black and yellow paint is fantastic.

I would buy the camo pack if we could customize pilots. Phase shift bot looks like actual shit and I hate it. I love being able to see a Titan and know what it can do. Difference is, titans actually exist for more than half a second upon being shot. Pilot classes are pointless 99% of the time. When I'm using a Hemlock, I'm not like oh man, better use half a burst on this guy because he's got stim. I'm putting him down in one shot as soon as I see him regardless of what he's wearing. The TTK is too high and the encounters too brief for it to matter. I'm gen6 and I can't think of a single time knowing someone's ability would have helped me.

Don't make me stay this lame-ass bot...
I roll Stim Bot and grapple man and they're both pretty cool. The worst ones imo are phase shift bot and cloak dude

Gator86

I roll Stim Bot and grapple man and they're both pretty cool. The worst ones imo are phase shift bot and cloak dude

I actually kind of love cloak dude. Really, all of the non-bot options look great. Overall, I love the art design in this game. The stim and phase bots look fucking lame as hell though. They're both embarrassingly bad with phase being the absolute worst, in my opinion.

TheFatMan

What the fuck is with this "install progress" circle on this game when you put the disc in?

Never seen anything like this before...it's taking forever.

Zemm

Definitely not. On console the 201 is back to being the more dominant all purpose weapon.

Give it some time and everyone will be using the Volt again. I've been playing with it all night and there's almost no difference from yesterday. The gun is still amazing.

Also: So much Crash Site tonight, Respawn please, remove that map from the map pool or give it like 5% chance to come up or something so it's more of a novelty.

BlitzKeeg

I'm sure this was already answered, but does anyone know how to disable voice chat?

I ran into some kid that just had his mic on nonstop and I couldn't find the setting anywhere in the menus or anywhere else via google.

It takes a ton of practice to get good at running and bouncing around correctly.

Radar has something to do with it but if you can easily hear footsteps in this game as well and I have been able to kill people trying to flank me by listening to them sprint after me.

I can't hear shit lol.

Do you use a headset or something? Maybe that's what I need to do as well

Keihart

I just learned how to do "ducks" or bunny hopping while playing CTF, i started doing it by reflex and then it hit me, feels good.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Also: So much Crash Site tonight, Respawn please, remove that map from the map pool or give it like 5% chance to come up or something so it's more of a novelty.

No kidding, what the fuck. Every other map was Crash Site tonight.

Roussow

So for you guys on console that are really getting the bunny hopping down, did you switch your control profile to evolved? With L1 jump and R3 crouch/slide? I'm finding it similar to flying in Rocket League, occasionally you'll pull it off and it's awesome but I can never do exactly what I want to do consistently.

Animator

Give it some time and everyone will be using the Volt again. I've been playing with it all night and there's almost no difference from yesterday. The gun is still amazing.

My favorite is when I leave crash site to play a good map and the next game is crash site again.

Respawn needs to do something about how often that fucking map comes up because it's souring people on the game.

EL CUCO

So for you guys on console that are really getting the bunny hopping down, did you switch your control profile to evolved? With L1 jump and R3 crouch/slide? I'm finding it similar to flying in Rocket League, occasionally you'll pull it off and it's awesome but I can never do exactly what I want to do consistently.
Yup

Top Bottom