• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

How am I ever gonna change banners when I have this username and this banner to complement it.

Cyjnbq4UQAAJnMV.jpg

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I have a few thoughts about the update and the introduction to the store.
Would appreciate some feedback, particularly from the Respawn folks lurking around here (you guys rock) if you're at liberty to.

First of all, a disclaimer:
I adore Titanfall 2. Never played the original, but grew up on mecha anime and Saturday morning cartoons and stuff, so T2 presses a lot of the good buttons.
The campaign was fantastic, and I'm going to be enjoying the multiplayer for a long time to come. So, thank you for this great game.

Notes about the store/aesthetic items:

• Like I said, I'll be spending a lot of time with this game, but in its current state, I can't see myself spending any more money.

• After taking a look at the Prime Titans, I was really tempted, but after playing a few games and realising that everyone and their mum had bought them, it felt less special, and my initial impulse quickly wore off.

• Similar case with the camo packs. I'm happy to steadily level up in order to get my brilliant pinks and yellows.

• The nose arts are cool, and I like how they reflect the character of each Titan. Ronin's are especially awesome. But...who's the pin-up lady that's in all of them?

• I understand Respawn are marketing this as a "no nonsense" store, and I respect that. However, is there no way Primes, etc. will become available for Credits later on down the line?

• It could be up to the user to spend either a bunch of Credits on a new Prime or Camo Pack, or save them for something more practical, like unlocking their favourite gun at Gen 3. You could even monetise credits themselves, for people who simply have to have it all.

• Maybe I'm just not the target market, and the whole point of the store and these exclusive items is to go after the "whales" and let everyone else be content with simply unlocking via progress/credits. If that's the case, and it can't be changed, then fair enough. I'm happy that these things are here for those that can afford them, and am really happy to see the free support for non-aesthetic items rolling out.

One last thing I'd really, really like to see (probably a pipe dream, but please humour me) is fully-customisable decals and liveries that we can make from simple shapes and use to pimp our Titans.
I really enjoyed making liveries in Forza 2, and getting creative with emblems in The Last of Us multiplayer, and would absolutely love to be able to customise my favourite Titan in a similar way.
Obviously it would require some strict rules and regulation for decency/rating purposes, but it could give people something to be truly proud of and show off as their own.

It even has the potential to go all the way, with a separate custom livery/nose art economy.
Players could trade/buy/sell their creations for Credits, or even real money, with a percentage going to Respawn (although I don't know how hard it would be to implement a Steamworks-like system on PSN).
You could even have the "Free Customization Pack" behind a one-time paywall if necessary. I for one would buy that sooner than the Camo Packs that anyone can have for the same price.
Just think about how creative users could get, and what unique Titans we'd see out in the wild...

Naturally, I don't want to try and devalue the efforts being made by Respawn. They could continue to promote their exclusive (and professionally made) content, but this kind of thing would mean having to dedicate less artists to constant T2 updates in the long run.

I'm sure all this has already been considered and discussed, but thanks to anyone who took the time to read.
I genuinely wish Respawn every success, and can't wait to see what happens with this game (and series)!

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Cosmetic pack bought :)

Thanks for the great game and the no season pass bullshit Respawn, it really is appreciated and I hope to continue supporting your work!

So for you guys on console that are really getting the bunny hopping down, did you switch your control profile to evolved? With L1 jump and R3 crouch/slide? I'm finding it similar to flying in Rocket League, occasionally you'll pull it off and it's awesome but I can never do exactly what I want to do consistently.

Xbox Elite controller paddles. Jump on left, slide on right. Gg ez

Going to start experimenting with an aggressive Kraber build. RIP 80+% top 3 percentage

Still can't buy packs on origin and still no deluxe upgrade :(

iddqd

Well well well.. After searching and searching..
Sticking with the EVA even on the large maps and all of the sudden i'm a double digits kill kinda guy.

It forces me to just keep moving and probably playing like intended.

Its also fun to just spook snipers.

EVA!

RedFury

Going to start experimenting with an aggressive Kraber build. RIP 80+% top 3 percentage

Still can't buy packs on origin and still no deluxe upgrade :(
People care to much about stats. Just have fun. I stopped caring when my son started sharing my account, kinda had to at that point lol

Keihart

So for you guys on console that are really getting the bunny hopping down, did you switch your control profile to evolved? With L1 jump and R3 crouch/slide? I'm finding it similar to flying in Rocket League, occasionally you'll pull it off and it's awesome but I can never do exactly what I want to do consistently.

Still haven't got it down, but yeah, i switched to evolved. I don't play that often but i was moving like a drunk for like a week before getting used to it.

People care to much about stats. Just have fun. I stopped caring when my son started sharing my account, kinda had to at that point lol

Well yeah, i care more about trying crazy new things than scoring well (usually). I'm not doing too shabby with the Kraber, as it happens.

Xbox Elite controller paddles. Jump on left, slide on right. Gg ez
Tfw you have to rebind your controls in the ps menu every time you play titanfall 2 because respawn can add 1000 aim settings but still won't allow you to rebind controls fully

Gg ez

While we're on the topic of things Respawn should change, please for the love of god revert the weapon/titan progress change

E92 M3

Imdeed, the fact that antititan weapon assists don't count anymore is horrible. I think it's a bug, because the change is completely irrational.

Imdeed, the fact that antititan weapon assists don't count anymore is horrible. I think it's a bug, because the change is completely irrational.

Apparently they said it was a bug before in which case a bug is better at designing progression systems than Respawn :p

It's fine for primary weapons, but antititan weapons shouldn't be held to those standards. Maybe it's harder to code - who knows lol.

Yeah primary weapons I'm fine with it because the TTK is so fast, even though I prefer the old way.

For anti-titan weapons it absolutely should revert though.

it's weird that you can't preview the executions and sound effects of prime titans on the store page

Drewfonse

Yeah, can't play tonight. Game is just making ne rage with the lag.

I'm getting pretty consistent lag, and it's been going on for a while. Not every game, but often enough to piss me off. That rubberbanding...

Other than that, I freaking ADORE this game. Angel City is fantastic.

molnizzle

Is there any way to make the game automatically load into the Multiplayer section on PS4? Just finished up the platinum and am starting my MP quest, it's annoying to have to "connect" to it every time from the main menu.

E92 M3

Whether I want to or not, I noticed that after the stat page I am playing slightly differently and getting more frustrated with deaths. At the end of the day, the numbers are so meaningless, but they trigger my competitive nature.

CupONoodos

Neo Member
Would be awesome if the next update let us do custom matchmaking where we can choose which modes we want to play. About the only quality of life change I want right now since they added FoV.

EL CUCO

Whether I want to or not, I noticed that after the stat page I am playing slightly differently and getting more frustrated with deaths. At the end of the day, the numbers are so meaningless, but they trigger my competitive nature.
Yeah I've been catching myself doing the same. I have to remind myself that nobody else sees my e-peen...unless I show them ;)

Gator86

It helps that the community is not toxic and that respawn checks in on us once in a while

Yeah, I have no complaints about Titangaf and it's great Respawn pops up now and then with stuff.

My games tonight though, struggling. I can't carry at all. I put up 170, 180 a game in Attrition and still couldn't get wins. It's like hey, I will keep the entire game free of other Titans, please just kill some grunts so we get out of here alive... please?

jeffc919

Ended the night with 45 straight pilot kills across 2 matches with back to back MVPs. 27-0 then 18-0 before someone got me in the epilogue. Love this game.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Yeah, I have no complaints about Titangaf and it's great Respawn pops up now and then with stuff.

My games tonight though, struggling. I can't carry at all. I put up 170, 180 a game in Attrition and still couldn't get wins. It's like hey, I will keep the entire game free of other Titans, please just kill some grunts so we get out of here alive... please?

Yep, Respawn dudes are one of the most active devs I've seen in any OT. :)

Same thing with me! I score 140, 180, even 200 in one match and we still lose. :( I have teammates that go 16 or sub 20 points the entire match. Sigh. I'm just kinda glad that the PS4 TF2 player population is holding up. 19K when I logged in an hour ago and it was late. :D

Don't forget the Free Multiplayer Trial!
Spread the word, bump the thread

That thread created just for it in the gaming section should be bumped this coming weekend, I think. :)

Wondering what exactly nets you a 'good performance' rating at the end of a game.

I think some said it should be the three checklist thing when you pause the game? I dunno, I mostly get it just by playing the objective in Attrition. :D

I set my FOV to 90 and holy crap! It seems like I'm going much, much faster. Woo! :D I'm digging it. Only thing bugging me now are the assist points and killstealing stuff from Titans.

I really hope Respawn has content drops every month. Might be too much to ask, but I'd be down for a map every map (even recycled ones) and cosmetic stuff. I just hope that two Prime Titans = one map since if that's the case, we'll only get two more. :)

Wondering what exactly nets you a 'good performance' rating at the end of a game.

in Bounty Hunt it's at least $600, in Pilots v. Pilots it's at least 5 kills (lmao that wouldn't be enough to win if everyone on the team did that)

there are little checklists on the right when you pause mid-game

TheFatMan

Holy shit I bought this game during Amazon BF sale just out of curiosity mostly (I played the Beta for like 10 minutes)....

WHY was I playing COD at all? This game is fantastic! It looks stunning on my Pro and the controls are a blast! I think I'm hooked man.

Dez_

Been busy and exhausted from other stuff going on during my day, but I had a brief moment to sit down and play a matches on Angel City. Damn does it feel good to run around the map again. It's also really nice to see the updates to Bounty Hunt. It makes it easier to digest the info. Pretty pleased with the update.

Sojgat

Bought the prime titans but thought the custom packs all looked kinda lame (especially the Scorch warpaint).

Aw they swapped Attrition and Bounty Hunt! Rip muscle memory on menus.

Yeah, I already accidentally started a Bounty Hunt Match. Putting the most popular mode first in the list makes sense though.

Holy shit I bought this game during Amazon BF sale just out of curiosity mostly (I played the Beta for like 10 minutes)....

WHY was I playing COD at all? This game is fantastic! It looks stunning on my Pro and the controls are a blast! I think I'm hooked man.

Played the COD beta and wondered why anyone would play it lol.

Controls like crap, maps are bad, weapon/loot system is a joke on top of a season pass as well, ttk is just silly fast... I really don't get it.

Sojgat

Played the COD beta and wondered why anyone would play it lol.

Controls like crap, maps are bad, weapon/loot system is a joke on top of a season pass as well, ttk is just silly fast... I really don't get it.

I tried it and I think it's the worst COD MP ever. I like the art design on the maps but the actual layouts are complete garbage.

I see some people say they're liking it more than Black Ops 3 MP and my mind is blown.

Top Bottom