• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Anyone know why Patches are displayed differently on the scoreboard in game now? They're a bit smaller than they were before, and stuff like the Gen patches now look way different than they did before. They still look the same on top of Banners and in the postgame report (when you're in the lobby), so I'm curious why they got shrunk on the in-match scoreboard.

Daigoro

How am I ever gonna change banners when I have this username and this banner to complement it.

Cyjnbq4UQAAJnMV.jpg

you cant. it's not allowed.

Ishmae1

I believe I tuned the corner with Ronin as far as enjoyable play goes. Phase nuke eject is incredible. Got 3 titans with pilots just as a bank phase started. Immediately had another ready. That and his melee range and area of effect makes pilots painless to deal with.

Need more time with Northstar too - I have moments of enjoyment, but her core is still an enigma to me IRT ideal use and her kit so focused if feels limiting when you're not playing with a micced group.

Rayme

Wondering what exactly nets you a 'good performance' rating at the end of a game.

Mid-match, if you hit pause/esc to go to the loadout screen, you'll see a checklist of which merits (finish the match, win the match, performance evac, etc) you've gained that match, and how to get them. The exact what-to-do for Performance is per-gametype.

Would be awesome if the next update let us do custom matchmaking where we can choose which modes we want to play. About the only quality of life change I want right now since they added FoV.

Should any one being wield such power tho?

dankir

I believe I tuned the corner with Ronin as far as enjoyable play goes. Phase nuke eject is incredible. Got 3 titans with pilots just as a bank phase started. Immediately had another ready. That and his melee range and area of effect makes pilots painless to deal with.

Need more time with Northstar too - I have moments of enjoyment, but her core is still an enigma to me IRT ideal use and her kit so focused if feels limiting when you're not playing with a micced group.

How about a Titan skin for Fulgore in KI Adam?

Carm

Izuna

Banned
Should any one being wield such power tho?

Please. I beg you actually.

My preferences for modes, I feel, matches that of a lot of the people I play with.

I haven't found any group that likes everything in mixtape. Also, the modes have a mix of player counts.

~~~

Also, anything I post about balancing... None of those things really cause me to play the game or not. QoL updates are more important for myself. FoV 90 is amazing. And thank you VERY much for the sensitivity options. This game feels incredible now.

Joyful

ok we community now lol

just wanted to say cloak was nerfed too hard imo, it went from best tactical to worst
gotta be some middle ground solution here

Izuna

Banned
ok we community now lol

just wanted to say cloak was nerfed too hard imo, it went from best tactical to worst
gotta be some middle ground solution here

Sadly... People are harder to kill now lol. I missed all the crappy Cloak players.

HelloMeow

This would simultaneously kill the game and be the best update ever.

Hmm.

Blackwater, Angel City, Eden on Attrition, Bounty Hunt, LTS and CTF...

Omg

That would be the sensible way to do matchmaking in my eyes. This dumb playlist system only forces you to play what you don't want to play.

Izuna

Banned
Can someone on Xbox invite me to Angel City please?

I pre-ordered game goddamnit ;(

I've been going to every network begging people to invite me.

---------

Screenshot-Original.png

Alx

wow try coliseum.. its so much faster now

I have 24 tickets for Coliseum now, maybe I should try it. :p
I'm afraid of getting slaughtered the second I set a toe in the arena, when fighting 1 on 1 in open spaces in Attrition I'm almost always the loser. Is there any good Coliseum advice for a newbie ?

Izuna

Banned
Yes digmouse is my GT lol. I'm on US west atm, Oregon datacenter.

Oh :eek:

I switched to that. I'll invite you to a party and if you press invite friends -> invite party, it'll work. I can wait <3 (I'll also turn off my mic so not to annoy you).

--

I think I have just found out that all the different versions of Oregon have their own Network Invites...

Respawn this is a little bit silly.

After nearly a week with the game now what I have to say now is that I'm glad I didn't give up on the game too early. I'm sure SP is great and all but I bought this hoping it I would really enjoy the MP even though it's the opposite of what I've normally liked. Which is a slower paced shooter with no vehicles.

I played the first day and started feeling a lot of regret because I'm not in my comfort zone. Started playing a lot of pilot vs pilot and that got me a lot more into the game. It got me a lot more curious about all the weapons and load outs. The more I played the more comfortable I felt and when I jumped back into Amped Hardpoint the Titans no longer bothered me. They just felt like a natural part of the game and now I want to get better at piloting them instead of avoiding it like I did before.

I'm just glad I'm over this and can just enjoy the game now. Before I was bummed about buying it, and then felt even dumber for buying it digitally so that I couldn't sell it or give it away. Man I'm even thinking about spending money on cosmetics lol. I'll never go overboard with that but if I see something that I really like and want to rock all the time then maybe just a few purchases will be fine.

Izuna

Banned
;( SmartWaffles was MVP when he invited me to Angel City and there's no one playing so we couldn't get in a game ;(

;(

I have 24 tickets for Coliseum now, maybe I should try it. :p
I'm afraid of getting slaughtered the second I set a toe in the arena, when fighting 1 on 1 in open spaces in Attrition I'm almost always the loser. Is there any good Coliseum advice for a newbie ?

jump against the edge of the arena really fast to go upwards and build speed

Izuna

Banned
Reaper killed me by blocking my Titan when I was running away from a Nuclear.

Also... Northstar gets destroyed by Ronin it's not even funny. :(

Oh :eek:

I switched to that. I'll invite you to a party and if you press invite friends -> invite party, it'll work. I can wait <3 (I'll also turn off my mic so not to annoy you).

--

I think I have just found out that all the different versions of Oregon have their own Network Invites...

Respawn this is a little bit silly.

They really should have consolidated all the different datacenters in one location, this is a bit confusing for teaming up.

Keihart

I have to say that the softball is my new favorite weapon. it just works so perfectly when you are moving fast and can work at almost any range and against multiple pilots. I shiver to thing what a really good player can do with it.

Edit: There is nothing like sticking your explosive balls into enemy pilots.

There was NO reason for them to nerf the Volt. It was perfect as it was and didn't even see heavy use. Instead they need to be worried about nerfing the Hemlock and to a lesser extent the R-201. The Hemlock can literally kill people with one pull of the trigger and on many open maps completely discourages using the movement system and encourages roof top camping. The R-201 has no weakness and excels at just about everything (high damage, high accuracy, minimal recoil).

Also, Tone just needs to get a head nerf at this point. There's no reason she should be able to decimate in any context and also have no counter. Pretty much 90% of titan usage is probably Tone as well. You only ever see Tones and a few Legions.

Izuna

Banned
Also, Tone just needs to get a head nerf at this point. There's no reason she should be able to decimate in any context and also have no counter. Pretty much 90% of titan usage is probably Tone as well. You only ever see Tones and a few Legions.

Tone is seriously fine.

--

I have to say though. Legion is still kinda butt. The double shotty is good, but he loses to far too many Titans. Ion can basically render him entirely useless.

The OverCore nerf (where it doesn't persist) was stupid. It hurts Legion so much. No one should use that kit anymore. Maybe give Legion back his damage? lol Or have the increased Smart Core duration have this damage, but his OG damage is back without it.

Keihart

I don't know if i'm imagining things, but i remember ION's vortex kit to give you 20% extra damage, now it says 35%

Meccs

Is the bounty in Bounty Hunt really "last hit gets it"? If so that makes me want to stop playing this mode. It would be pretty ridiculous.

Top Bottom