• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Enordash

That FOV slider is a complete game changer for me. The game feels even better than before (which was already great). It's definitely nice to see people switching off of Tone, but I'll likely stick with her in the end. It does seem like the 40mm cannon is doing a lot less splash damage to pilots. I suppose I should read the patch notes...

Izuna

Banned
Is the bounty in Bounty Hunt really "last hit gets it"? If so that makes me want to stop playing this mode. It would be pretty ridiculous.

Nah. You have to understand the difference between Money and Bonus

Grunt {$10 | $10}
You get $10 Money, and $10 bonus for killing it. The bonus is what you need to deposit.

AI Bounty Titan {$??? | $500}

I don't know how much money you get from a Titan, but the final hit is only worth $100 bonus. The rest comes from damaging it.

My strat is to Nuclear it, and sometimes that will do like 95% of it's health. I still walk away with >$400 in money + bonus anyway.

Meccs

Nah. You have to understand the difference between Money and Bonus

Grunt {$10 | $10}
You get $10 Money, and $10 bonus for killing it. The bonus is what you need to deposit.

AI Bounty Titan {$??? | $500}

I don't know how much money you get from a Titan, but the final hit is only worth $100 bonus. The rest comes from damaging it.

My strat is to Nuclear it, and sometimes that will do like 95% of it's health. I still walk away with >$400 in money + bonus anyway.

I was just asking because I downed a NPC titan myself. An enemy titan jumped in in the last second and I heard "enemy got the bounty" or whatever. So this means they got the 100 extra?

E92 M3

There was NO reason for them to nerf the Volt. It was perfect as it was and didn't even see heavy use. Instead they need to be worried about nerfing the Hemlock and to a lesser extent the R-201. The Hemlock can literally kill people with one pull of the trigger and on many open maps completely discourages using the movement system and encourages roof top camping. The R-201 has no weakness and excels at just about everything (high damage, high accuracy, minimal recoil).

Also, Tone just needs to get a head nerf at this point. There's no reason she should be able to decimate in any context and also have no counter. Pretty much 90% of titan usage is probably Tone as well. You only ever see Tones and a few Legions.

Lmao she has plenty of counters now. Just because you're not good at fighting tones does not mean she's op. Ronin and Legion literally destroy her. Stop complaining and learn the game. Titan diversity is at its greatest now.

$8 for a Prime Titan?!?? Sod that noise.

The Ronin nose arts are terrible as well.

The only pack I find good and reasonable price is the camo pack.

Alx

I'm fine with fighting Tone as a titan, but as a pilot he's frustrating for all his one-shot kills. Northstar and Scorch can one-shot you too but it requires some skill (I actually praise my opponent when he pulls it off), Ronin can slash you but you know he's there, and you can hear Legion's shooting... but with Tone it's "one moment your running around, the next moment you're dead".
Can't really avoid it I guess, it's all about the 40mm cannon.

The Ronin nose arts are terrible as well.

I wasn't too sure how to react to the one that looks like the imperial japanese flag. Maybe not the best idea.
(but then the uniform from the "bad guy" from Ares is also clearly inspired by nazi fashion, so whatever)

Nerf Ronin please

Too many Ronin after Tone nerf

fuck

Did they buff Ronin? I didn't notice anything.

Ronin might just be a good match for Angel City since its ambush alley.

I wasn't too sure how to react to the one that looks like the imperial japanese flag. Maybe not the best idea.
(but then the uniform from the "bad guy" from Ares is also clearly inspired by nazi fashion, so whatever)

Personally I'm more sour over their obvious implication like Ronin users are weaboos. Like sure I get it, but at least give the good weaboo stuff =_=

Alx

Personally I'm more sour over their obvious implication like Ronin users are weaboos. Like sure I get it, but at least give the good weaboo stuff =_=

We definitely need a hello kitty skin. :D
For the record, I've used the solid yellow texture on Northstar for a while because it made it look like Pikachu. :p

E92 M3

I'm fine with fighting Tone as a titan, but as a pilot he's frustrating for all his one-shot kills. Northstar and Scorch can one-shot you too but it requires some skill (I actually praise my opponent when he pulls it off), Ronin can slash you but you know he's there, and you can hear Legion's shooting... but with Tone it's "one moment your running around, the next moment you're dead".
Can't really avoid it I guess, it's all about the 40mm cannon.

Have to be cognizant with your positioning in relation to the Titans or use a cloak.

Also, historical references are no big deal. I'm a Jew and think the Nazi faction dude is pretty cool. It's just a video game. We can't be sensitive over every little insignificant thing ;)

EL CUCO

Ugh,I can't believe cloak got nerfed so badly. It's basically useless now.
I disagree. I still use it and find it to be very effective and actually requires some thought to use now. Unless you were sitting on rooftops with it, I don't see how it's useless.

E92 M3

I disagree. I still use it and find it to be very effective and actually requires some thought to use now. Unless you were sitting on rooftops with it, I don't see how it's useless.

Indeed, while the nerf is significant, it does not affect my general strats too much.

KodaRuss

I can't hear shit lol.

Do you use a headset or something? Maybe that's what I need to do as well

I did not see your reply until now. I use a headset sometimes but usually I do not. Like others have said you slowly start to learn where enemies will be coming from and what doors or windows to watch out for.

I have messed with my audio settings a lot so that has helped but you should be able to hear someone running pretty easily, especially if they are sprinting.

Game is being delivered. Any tips? Settings I should change? Networks I should join?

Edit: how are the playlists doing? I wanted to play CTF, Hardpoint, LTS.

KodaRuss

Yeah, she is still good and I love Tone, but her core is noticeably weaker.

Does it just do less damage now? I have switched over to Ronin completely now for the most part.

Game is being delivered. Any tips? Settings I should change? Networks I should join?

Edit: how are the playlists doing? I wanted to play CTF, Hardpoint, LTS.

The two most popular playlists are Attrition and Bounty Hunt but those should not be hard to find a game either. In order of popularity it probably goes Hardpoint>LTS>CTF

E92 M3

Does it just do less damage now? I have switched over to Ronin completely now for the most part.

The two most popular playlists are Attrition and Bounty Hunt but those should not be hard to find a game either. In order of popularity it probably goes Hardpoint>LTS>CTF

It does less damage now, considerably so.

--

I absolutely love the new execution, it's so fast and cool.

Izuna

Banned
Fuck this shit, I'm going to try out Tone and see what the problem is.

My bro Legion with that OverCore nerf, like damn (though this does mean that you should use Boost or Nuclear with Legion now). May as well use him at long-ranges only and pick off Pilots.

But is it as weak as Northstar's?

Northstar's Flight Core is dope af now. Damage is good enough to do like 70% of a Bounty Titan, and you move quite fast with the kit.

WZmoqwd.gif

Look at that speed (not indicative of the damage).

iddqd

Yeah I'm still fine with using cloak.
Gives me just enough of a head start for me to get close and not get shot over a big distance in the open maps.

The only difference is that I'm trying to kill Grunts on the way with a grenade or melee now not to loose it to quickly.

jeffc919

There was NO reason for them to nerf the Volt. It was perfect as it was and didn't even see heavy use. Instead they need to be worried about nerfing the Hemlock and to a lesser extent the R-201. The Hemlock can literally kill people with one pull of the trigger and on many open maps completely discourages using the movement system and encourages roof top camping. The R-201 has no weakness and excels at just about everything (high damage, high accuracy, minimal recoil).

Also, Tone just needs to get a head nerf at this point. There's no reason she should be able to decimate in any context and also have no counter. Pretty much 90% of titan usage is probably Tone as well. You only ever see Tones and a few Legions.

I'd argue Hemlock helps negate the effectiveness of those rooftop snipers. On the big open maps I slaughter those guys with Hemlock as I move around the map. Hemlock may lend itself better to a more defensive style of play, whereas many other guns play better for the rushers, but I like that there is more than one way to play this game effectively and a deep toolbox to choose from.

Out of the 3 modes in Angel City, I absolutely can't do shit about Bounty.

Above all else it's the mode that requires you to stay alive to contribution and I'm just not able to do it with my skill level.

Northstar's Flight Core is dope af now. Damage is good enough to do like 70% of a Bounty Titan, and you move quite fast with the kit.

Love that gif. Her flight core still leaves her out in the open though, and even in that gif, the whole flight core only got rid of one bar of that tone's health despite aiming at it the whole time (unless it had a shield, then two bars).

By the way, are you using Northstar's new kit? Or was that just the regular speed now? Either way, it's a good way to close distance for the nuke eject.

Izuna

Banned
Love that gif. Her flight core still leaves her out in the open though, and even in that gif, the whole flight core only got rid of one bar of that tone's health despite aiming at it the whole time (unless it had a shield, then two bars).

By the way, are you using Northstar's new kit? Or was that just the regular speed now? Either way, it's a good way to close distance for the nuke eject.

New kit lights up players right? I never even bothered having it equipped. But yeah, I had the faster flight there.

Barely any of the rockets connected there. If they had (they work best close/mid-range) Tone would be dead. I was going for the nuclear specifically, though. (Tone was trapped with the tripwire).

I'd argue Hemlock helps negate the effectiveness of those rooftop snipers. On the big open maps I slaughter those guys with Hemlock as I move around the map. Hemlock may lend itself better to a more defensive style of play, whereas many other guns play better for the rushers, but I like that there is more than one way to play this game effectively and a deep toolbox to choose from.

Watch this: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Cobalt Izuna/video/24087447

Hemlock doesn't ground me at all.

Top Bottom