• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

New kit lights up players right? I never even bothered having it equipped. But yeah, I had the faster flight there.

Oh right, that's what I meant with the kit. I think Respawn updated the faster flight one to include both the regular hover and flight core, instead of just one of them before (can't remember which). I might start using that instead of increased payload now.

Barely any of the rockets connected there. If they had (they work best close/mid-range) Tone would be dead. I was going for the nuclear specifically, though. (Tone was trapped with the tripwire).

That's fair, but to do the most damage, you still need to connect a lot of those rockets that don't track your target. I haven't played with Tone since the update, but you could launch salvo in relative safety, either behind your own shield or quickly ducking behind cover, and still get tons of hits to your target.

Gator86

Reaper killed me by blocking my Titan when I was running away from a Nuclear.

Also... Northstar gets destroyed by Ronin it's not even funny. :(

Every nuke I've eaten has come courtesy of a Reaper circle around me.

+1 for Respawn fixing assists. They also need to just abandon their current scoring altogether and go with the Overwatch system. You can track damage and killing blows it turns out.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
he's northstar's counter

that mother fucker

Ronin is fine
scorch-nitro.png
nerf Northstar plox

Erban1

Finally got to try out the Volt post patch, you definitely can't compete at long range anymore and it feels like it takes an extra bullet to put someone down now. Not a huge difference, but its enough to be noticeable. I'm still adjusting to a higher FOV (i don't feel as accurate as before), but i don't feel terrible about the changes made. Seems like its still the best smg for a run-n-gun playstyle, except now you're forced to maneuver to close the distance between you and a foe at long range.

BTW is there a PS4 community setup for this?

TheRed

Does anyone know what the limitations will be for the free trial? Would like to get my friend to try it when it's available.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Finally got to try out the Volt post patch, you definitely can't compete at long range anymore and it feels like it takes an extra bullet to put someone down now. Not a huge difference, but its enough to be noticeable. I'm still adjusting to a higher FOV (i don't feel as accurate as before), but i don't feel terrible about the changes made. Seems like its still the best smg for a run-n-gun playstyle, except now you're forced to maneuver to close the distance between you and a foe at long range.

BTW is there a PS4 community setup for this?

Yeah. I use the Volt a lot and noticed that it's weaker at range, and even head-on, it seems it takes more bullets to kill someone. I use the CAR now. Hope Respawn doesn't nerf that. :)

Every nuke I've eaten has come courtesy of a Reaper circle around me.

+1 for Respawn fixing assists. They also need to just abandon their current scoring altogether and go with the Overwatch system. You can track damage and killing blows it turns out.

Easy (?) fix I think would be adding another 0 to the overall score in Attrition. So, 5000 instead of 500 and every damage dealt is reflected. So, Titan health is 100, you damage 50, you get 50 points, etc. Easy, I think. Not sure how viable it is, but at least you can get a good score even if you do a ton of assists, which promotes teamwork.

Gator86

Yeah. I use the Volt a lot and noticed that it's weaker at range, and even head-on, it seems it takes more bullets to kill someone. I use the CAR now. Hope Respawn doesn't nerf that. :)

Easy (?) fix I think would be adding another 0 to the overall score in Attrition. So, 5000 instead of 500 and every damage dealt is reflected. So, Titan health is 100, you damage 50, you get 50 points, etc. Easy, I think. Not sure how viable it is, but at least you can get a good score even if you do a ton of assists, which promotes teamwork.

Yeah, that's a solid idea. Honestly, anything that gives people more positive reinforcement for playing, especially rewarding teamwork. Right now, it's basically get the killing blow or fuck you. They really should look at Overwatch.

E92 M3

Stats, cause why not?

My Titan time is almost a perfect pie. Stupid Northstar taking forever to level.

My titan time chart is essentially one color >.>

Yeah, that's a solid idea. Honestly, anything that gives people more positive reinforcement for playing, especially rewarding teamwork. Right now, it's basically get the killing blow or fuck you. They really should look at Overwatch.

They made a right step with not including deaths in the normal modes.

Gator86

Agreed. I don't think deaths are necessary at all. It's bad enough for someone to have a low score, but having a huge death total beside their name would just make people more toxic. It would also push people to play more conservatively if confronted by that number every game.

daedalius

Trying to like that new pistol, but unless you can consistently land headshots in the heat of battle, it's tough to take it above basically anything else.

I usually roll with shotty or hemlock, and I don't really feel like it's better than either of those.

Agreed. I don't think deaths are necessary at all. It's bad enough for someone to have a low score, but having a huge death total beside their name would just make people more toxic. It would also push people to play more conservatively if confronted by that number every game.

For sure. When I play bounty hunt, I barely focus on getting enemy pilot kills, but still end up in the top 3 almost every game. I actually hate that I know my k/d ratio now.

Darth Giggity

Neo Member
ok so two questions about this latest update:

does the xbox have the film grain setting? I cannot find it anywhere.

what is the purpose of the FOV slider? I know what it does, but what is the benefit besides it feeling faster?

Just got the warp/phase-shift tactical ability and it's sooo good. Definitely my favorite pilot ability. You lose the map mobility that grapple/stim give you, but it's awesome to pop it in a fight and confuse people.

jeffc919

I wish they would show it, but I'm also more than a little OCD about my stats. I find myself mentally counting my deaths so I know at the end of the match how I did. I'm legit pissed off if my k/d is under my personal goal for where I feel I should be in Attrition.

I also think that the scoreboard ranking in TDM type modes like Attrition should account for deaths. As in not only include them but also factor them into the ranking. For instance you would lose an equal number of points with a death as you earn when you get a kill. As it stands the scoreboard does not reflect who most helped (or hurt) the team. Someone with a few less kills but a much better kills minus deaths was more valuable to his team than the guy that killed a few more but died many more times. So something like net kills plus points for minion kills would be more reflective of who did better/worse. These are minor complaints and do not detract significantly from my enjoyment of the game. I don't care that much if the MVP isn't always the most deserving, etc. My obsession with my stats in MP games is a personal thing and I care more about seeing myself improve than how I'm finishing relative to everyone else. The stats page in game now at least gives you an approximate idea of what your k/d was in recent games, as well as your lifetime total.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com

Yep, I agree here. Not including deaths is a good thing which I hope more FPS' implement. That just leads to people obsessing over it and such.

Just got the warp/phase-shift tactical ability and it's sooo good. Definitely my favorite pilot ability. You lose the map mobility that grapple/stim give you, but it's awesome to pop it in a fight and confuse people.

Yeah, it's my fave now, I think. That and Stim. Use the Eva-8 shottie and go to town. Bwahaha!

Yeah, I think that's an easy fix that doesn't involve any backend game mechanic tinkering. I'm not a dev, so there might be issues, but I hope Rayme or Argonomic chimes in. :)

The free weekend doesn't start until tomorrow, right? I hope they don't get discouraged when they play against high level and veteran players. There's already 13K+ on PS4, and I think it kinda averages 18-19K on weekdays which is not that bad. I'm kinda happy that the population settled now and it's gone up. :)

Reebot

The game is in a really good place now. The patch made the combat much better.

Maps are still terrible, but the feedback on this front has been so loud and consistent that I'm confident its heard. We'll hopefully see some better stuff moving forward.

The only big change left - other than Titan shields, of course - is reverting to the the 3 weapon carry of Titanfall 1.

Watch this: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Cobalt Izuna/video/24087447

Hemlock doesn't ground me at all.

In every clip you are grounded except one?

Your posts are so confusing man. It's not the first time that your videos demonstrate the opposite of what you say.

I get it, you can use the hemlock while moving around, and I agree that you can stay mobile with it, but the one kill you do get while wall running in this is much more sloppy than all of the others and I think that reflects the reduced efficacy of mobility orientated playstyles while using the Hemlock and similar. You can stay mobile but I'd say it's more of a stop and start affair since you need to ADS, whereas the viable hip fire on other weapons affords far greater mobility.

ok so two questions about this latest update:

does the xbox have the film grain setting? I cannot find it anywhere.

what is the purpose of the FOV slider? I know what it does, but what is the benefit besides it feeling faster?

Film grain setting didn't make it in this patch

Wider FoV provides the player a better view of the environment edited: wasn't the best example

Gator86

Yep, I agree here. Not including deaths is a good thing which I hope more FPS' implement. That just leads to people obsessing over it and such.

Yeah, it's my fave now, I think. That and Stim. Use the Eva-8 shottie and go to town. Bwahaha!

Yeah, I think that's an easy fix that doesn't involve any backend game mechanic tinkering. I'm not a dev, so there might be issues, but I hope Rayme or Argonomic chimes in. :)

The free weekend doesn't start until tomorrow, right? I hope they don't get discouraged when they play against high level and veteran players. There's already 13K+ on PS4, and I think it kinda averages 18-19K on weekdays which is not that bad. I'm kinda happy that the population settled now and it's gone up. :)

I'm actually a little worried the free weekend might push people off the game. Without paying for it and having the need to justify the money spent on the purchase, people might have a little less patience for the savages in this thread wrecking them over and over. Hopefully, enough new people jump in so there's a great mix of new and old players this weekend.

E92 M3

I'm actually a little worried the free weekend might push people off the game. Without paying for it and having the need to justify the money spent on the purchase, people might have a little less patience for the savages in this thread wrecking them over and over. Hopefully, enough new people jump in so there's a great mix of new and old players this weekend.

Beasts of Titanfall are an outlier and savages exist in every shooter. No one starts a shooter being good at it. Getting better is a process :p

People will have the time of their life.

KodaRuss

I ordered the BT/Cooper Funko Pop! Figure because I have no self control. I am probably going to let my son play with it and I am sure he will love it.

Izuna

Banned
In every clip you are grounded except one?

Your posts are so confusing man. It's not the first time that your videos demonstrate the opposite of what you say.

I get it, you can use the hemlock while moving around, and I agree that you can stay mobile with it, but the one kill you do get while wall running in this is much more sloppy than all of the others and I think that reflects the reduced efficacy of mobility orientated playstyles while using the Hemlock and similar. You can stay mobile but I'd say it's more of a stop and start affair since you need to ADS, whereas the viable hip fire on other weapons affords far greater mobility.

I didn't make the mini montage as an example for that post, that "one" where I'm not grounded is my example.

Regardless, very few moments will allow you to kill someone while wallrunning. I use to use the CAR a lot in R1, and honestly, stopping for a moment to ADS is no biggie. It's definitely not "camping on a roof-top" that's required with a Hemlock.

also, I'm sliding in the last clip but nvm. I wanna see this amazing SMG play where people don't stop moving

For like 10 hours right? Not even limited in customization options? Anyway sounds like it'll be great for my cheap friend then lol,

Forever until it's over. No limitation. Just no Campaign.

jeffc919

I'm just playing devil's advocate, not looking to argue, but I would say that not including deaths also promotes willful ignorance and encourages players to seek out kills at all costs rather than try to strike a balance that maximizes their team's chance of winning.

On second thought, the more people running around in the open like a chicken with its head cut off trying to get kills at all costs, the more easy targets for me to shoot at!

Meccs

I don't get how people can hip fire without an recoil and absolutely no spread and yet fire over such long distances. What magic is this?

Slayven

talk me into titanfall folks. Right now my main shooter Infinite Warfare feels blah, the movement feels sluggish, the guns have no feed back, the color palette is depressingly lacking in variety, grenades suck ass, and all the characters look the same.

I need to feel like I am styling on motherfuckers

talk me into titanfall folks. Right now my main shooter Infinite Warfare feels blah, the movement feels sluggish, the guns have no feed back, the color palette is depressingly lacking in variety, grenades suck ass, and all the characters look the same.

Free weekend on all platforms, breh

But yeah, I would recommend giving it a shot.

jeffc919

Play the free trial this weekend and see for yourself! I played the Infinite Warfare beta and immediately cancelled my preorder. Absolute garbage tier game. You would literally have to pay me to play it. I can't get enough of TF2. It's up there among the best FPS games of all time IMO (along with the original TF).

deoee

Then this is everything you're looking for.

Even loosing feels kinda badass if you make it to the Evac :D

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

jeff gerstmann talked about how sluggish Infinite Warfare's movement felt compared to Titanfall 2. Like that it felt like a pale imitator.

Izuna

Banned

Infinite Warfare lets you get killed by getting scratched before you can even get anything going.

Titanfall gives you freedom. I feel like the TDM modes are just time-limits for score, rather than how well you play. You wanna be in the action, in the right position. It's when you're in a Titan that you start out playing people with better aim and decisions.

So like, play the trial on the 3rd (or now if you have EA/Origin Access).

I've been worried about that happening since the game came out. Especially after Black Friday. I had an old Origin friend randomly get matched onto the opposite team when I was playing with a group, and he messaged me after the match that he didn't want to play anymore after that (we stomped pretty hard). I haven't seen him play the game since.

I expect we'll see an increase in the number of hackers as well, which will really turn people off from purchasing the game. And I know a sale just ended, but maybe discounting the game again during this weekend would be wise?

Izuna

Banned
Do they still have robo cannon fodder? I use to killing them in the first game

In Attrition, they're there but they're less important. They also spawn where the fight is taking place so lower level players will have a harder time picking them off.

Bounty Hunt, they basically spawn in a wave and all the score comes from them. You need to bank that score before someone else kills you and takes 50%. Again, it's right where the fight is.

RedFury

Ok so everything you just said, opposite of that...
Ok I lied grenades could use some work. Free DLC maps, weapons, titans, etc.
Have fun!

Top Bottom