• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Gator86

I've been worried about that happening since the game came out. Especially after Black Friday. I had an old Origin friend randomly get matched onto the opposite team when I was playing with a group, and he messaged me after the match that he didn't want to play anymore after that (we stomped pretty hard). I haven't seen him play the game since.

I expect we'll see an increase in the number of hackers as well, which will really turn people off from purchasing the game. And I know a sale just ended, but maybe discounting the game again during this weekend would be wise?

Yeah, another sale during the trial would be really smart. The problem is more with titans, I think. In general, the higher the TTK, the higher the skill variance. As a pilot, one lucky shot can put you down. In a Titan, I'm fairly sure I could win a 1 on 6 against a team made entirely of people new to the game. Hell, because of the mobility, even the pilots aspect of this has a pretty high variance. I hope there's not too many stompings. One terror flying around the entire game never touching the ground or a Titan laying waste to an entire team repeatedly is enough to make casual players say fuck it and uninstall.

RedFury

dito

Even with ADS I struggle to hit one point (PC)
How on mouse it's even easier. I kinda sway left to right but keeping the cursor on target if that makes sense. It mitigates recoil and keeps all bullets on target. Mind you it's a tiny sweeping motion back and forth (the width of their body or head).

Izuna

Banned
Guys, try these settings and see if it helps (lower the yaw and pitch proportionately if it's too high for you).

Once I did this, my gameplay as a Pilot is SO much better.

L60uHWL.png

tariniel

Angel City is in as 24/7 playlist for pre-orders until the 2nd, then everyone gets it. Is this also the case for the normal map rotation for people who didn't pre-order, as in, it wont show up there until the 2nd? I played hardpoint for almost 3 hours last night and Angel City never showed up in the map rotation.

KodaRuss

So what faction does everyone run with even though it doesnt really matter.

I run the 6-4 just because they were really badass in the campaign.

"THE 6-4 IS A FAMILY AND WE'LL KICK YOUR ASS!"

Toa TAK

Banned
So what faction does everyone run with even though it doesnt really matter.

I run the 6-4 just because they were really badass in the campaign.

"THE 6-4 IS A FAMILY AND WE'LL KICK YOUR ASS!"
I'm 6-4 as well but their battle cry is anything but badass.

EL CUCO

talk me into titanfall folks. Right now my main shooter Infinite Warfare feels blah, the movement feels sluggish, the guns have no feed back, the color palette is depressingly lacking in variety, grenades suck ass, and all the characters look the same.

I need to feel like I am styling on motherfuckers
Coming from IW? This going to make IW feel like a last gen game to you.

KodaRuss

I'm 6-4 as well but their battle cry is anything but badass.

Yeah, its kinda dumb...

I wish Respawn would add an indicator of your Gen Level and maybe the faction you are running on your banner.

I think it would be great for community events possibly? (IE. Faction with the most points during the week gains a double XP code or something). You can only switch once per week and you cannot be in the same faction more than two weeks in a row?

Meccs

dito

Even with ADS I struggle to hit one point (PC)
Yeah, some are clearly using controllers with auto aim though. I'm checking every death cam now and you can clearly see how they have the "controller turn". The aim assists seems to be on par with the console versions which is pretty ridiculous. I switched to the SMGs. Even the first one is so much better for me, even on range. Still, I thought there is a hip fire mod for the assault rifles but it's probably a specific one that they use that has this narrow spread.

Yeah, its kinda dumb...

I wish Respawn would add an indicator of your Gen Level and maybe the faction you are running on your banner.

I think it would be great for community events possibly? (IE. Faction with the most points during the week gains a double XP code or something). You can only switch once per week and you cannot be in the same faction more than two weeks in a row?

I think the bolded might be difficult with the current system. Since individual players can choose their own factions, you'll have parties that have different factions even within the same team. I was playing with a couple of GAF people the other day, and I could hear a different opening monologue from mine over the headset.

I personally rotate factions and level them up as I play along. Respawn really just made them more of a cosmetic thing than anything.

E92 M3

I don't get how people can hip fire without an recoil and absolutely no spread and yet fire over such long distances. What magic is this?

What do you mean exactly? Some weapons (SMGs) are designed for hip fire while others favor ADS (G2).

talk me into titanfall folks. Right now my main shooter Infinite Warfare feels blah, the movement feels sluggish, the guns have no feed back, the color palette is depressingly lacking in variety, grenades suck ass, and all the characters look the same.

I need to feel like I am styling on motherfuckers

This is the game for you - IW is complete and utter garbage. That's why they remastered COD4. Here are a couple average moments that I thought were cool/funny (playing this game is like a constant action movie):

hZesPWj.gif

MUZkxQB.gif

Meccs

Still struggling to find Grunts to kill though the SMGs are way better for me, even on distance. Less damage but I can actually hit someone. I'm struggling like crazy with the first assault. I need to step up my aim game. Sometimes I think my age is catching up to me rofl. I need to squeeze out as much as possible before my reaction time is completely going down the sh*tter!

Edit: what's with people saying RIP Tone and RIP Cloak. I use both and still think they still work best for me.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There are people on GAF right now who don't fight for the Apex Predators.

Angel City Elite is the only faction where your commander acts surprised that you won

'WE DIDNT LOSE!!! alright we lost'
'Alright pack it up it was a nice try. Wait, we won??'

E92 M3

Is there a good way to know when Legion is using his core? Besides the obvious terminator mode which is Legion by default lol.

Reebot

Is there a good way to know when Legion is using his core? Besides the obvious terminator mode which is Legion by default lol.

Big ol' red line coming out of the gun. Not the easiest to see but it's there.

By the time you see it you're already dead

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I like Scorch and Ion's normal skins a lot so the prime ones don't appeal to me too much.

But I hope Ronin and Northstar get good looking prime skins because I think they're my least favorite looking titans.

E92 M3

Big ol' red line coming out of the gun. Not the easiest to see but it's there.

By the time you see it you're already dead

And with my poor vision, I'll probably never catch it in the heat of battle lol.

--

This is the typical JiP for me:

5vBoTFe.jpg

Win % really takes a hit.

ACES is the only good faction. Nothing like the ramblings of a drunk man to get you motivated.

I wonder if additional factions will ever be added as DLC? I guess that would require SP DLC first.
Spyglass please

ironcreed

Banned
Contemplating between this and Battlefield 1. I fear for this game's longevity, but it looks like something I would have more fun with. It also looks like a huge step above the first game.

Reebot

6-4 sucks

Vinson Dynamics/Ash is the best

Campaign spoilers:

I really expected more from Ash in the story, having played multiplayer first. She's in the game for like two minutes before you unceremoniously murder her. Not really the hype having her own announcer suggested. Just kind of odd.

Ferny

Contemplating between this and Battlefield 1. I fear for this game's longevity, but it looks like something I would have more fun with. It also looks like a huge step above the first game.

Honestly I think this will have some legs. If they are able to keep content coming regularly, I feel like this game will keep growing or at the very least hold its existing audience for a long while.

Campaign spoilers:

I really expected more from Ash in the story, having played multiplayer first. She's in the game for like two minutes before you unceremoniously murder her. Not really the hype having her own announcer suggested. Just kind of odd.

I mean technically she was the one who orchestrated the factory level. Yes, it's off screen, but she was definitely more involved than say Viper.

E92 M3

ACES is the only good faction. Nothing like the ramblings of a drunk man to get you motivated.

I wonder if additional factions will ever be added as DLC? I guess that would require SP DLC first.
Spyglass please

I've settled on Ash.

Here's the beautiful thing: This weekend, multiplayer will be free. Try it out! It's a ton of fun. Worlds above any other shooter on the market.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Campaign spoilers:

Yeah I was
bummed
when I replayed the campaign after maining Vinson for a while, I guess I had forgot
which I guess isn't surprising. She should download into a new body and have a bigger role in 3 :p

Edit: on Aces: it took me a minute to pick up on how paranoid that guy is lol.

Reebot

I mean technically she was the one who orchestrated the factory level. Yes, it's off screen, but she was definitely more involved than say Viper.

The little blurb when you pick her as announcer hints at this elaborate backstory that sounded kind of nifty, if compete shlock, which never comes up. Not a problem or anything but I wonder if she had a much bigger role that got cut.

I had both and now I only have TF2. Big bf fan but it wasn't nearly as fun as this. Bf has so much waiting and loading and is quite infuriating when you have bad teammates. Bf balancing was all over the place and i was always playing tf while bf was collecting dust. I will pick up bf again when all dlc is out and premium is super cheap. Try out tf2 on free weekend. Game is too fun, well balanced and all map and weapon dlc is free. ppl are still playing tf1 so i think this game will be fine

ironcreed

Banned
Here's the beautiful thing: This weekend, multiplayer will be free. Try it out! It's a ton of fun. Worlds above any other shooter on the market.

I'll probably do that. I have actually been having a great time with Infinite Warfare, but this looks like a better game and more like what I wanted the first one to be based on what I have seen.

E92 M3

Nuke ejection needs some sort of cooldown.

The endless ronin nuke eject combo feels a tad OP.

No, enough nerfs. Nuke eject is predictable and easy to avoid. It's a valid strategy, instead of nerfs think about what you did wrong in the encounter.

I don't use nuke eject btw.

Top Bottom