• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Gator86

If you die to it it's your fault

Sure, in a world where reapers and crash site don't exist. You can manually eject to avoid dying yourself, but sometimes you're just fucked over. I'm not sure I'd call it a major issue, but it's pretty annoying when you lose a Titan because AI says fuck you.

Also, less Ronin's would run ejection if they gave you other non-shit options. Yay, faster ramp up to sword core which locks me into melee range and doesn't do enough damage to be worth using.

E92 M3

Sure, in a world where reapers and crash site don't exist. You can manually eject to avoid dying yourself, but sometimes you're just fucked over. I'm not sure I'd call it a major issue, but it's pretty annoying when you lose a Titan because AI says fuck you.

Also, less Ronin's would run ejection if they gave you other non-shit options. Yay, faster ramp up to sword core which locks me into melee range and doesn't do enough damage to be worth using.

The only thing makes me legit mad is getting boxed in by a friendly reaper. It's the worst feeling when I need to escape an engagement and get stuck only to lose a health bar or more.

There's nothing else in the game that lets one player take out 3-4 titans with little risk to themselves.

It's fine as a tactic when you're up against one or two guys but if they catch enough of the enemy team in one blow it's the whole match in attrition.

Arttemis

Any tips on how to play Attrition mode? Seems like there's a strategy to rack up points that I'm missing. Do you get additional points bonuses for racking up a higher K/D ratio?

Bounty is probably one of my favorite modes, with Amped behind it. Both have a strong focus on playing the objective. Last Titan and Pilot v Pilot are right behind that. EDIT - I take it back, I love every mode except Attrition.

This being the first multiplayer FPS game I've played since Goldeneye, I'm really feeling limited by my use of a controller. I've always felt less comfortable when using analog sticks rather than a mouse for aiming, and it's definitely the reason for the majority of my deaths. =(

deoee

There's nothing else in the game that lets one player take out 3-4 titans with little risk to themselves.

It's fine as a tactic when you're up against one or two guys but if they catch enough of the enemy team in one blow it's the whole match in attrition.

If 3 or 4 enemy Titans are cramped up and block themselves from escaping, it's not Nuclear Ejects fault.
I have yet to encounter anyone actively suiciding into groups of Titans also I have died maybe 3 or 4 times to Nuclear Eject myself across all matches.

You guys make an issue of of something, that's a niche tactic which is easily avoided :D

Gator86

The only thing makes me legit mad is getting boxed in by a friendly reaper. It's the worst feeling when I need to escape an engagement and get stuck only to lose a health bar or more.

Yup, it's fucking nonsense and Respawn needs to either remove their collision detection or allow people to kill friendly reapers. It's especially disastrous in the shit maps (complex and crash site).

People shouldn't cluster up then. Even on the bad maps, there's alternate routes. If you clump up, the right thing to do is unload grenades, anti-titan weapons, and nukes on you.

Izuna

Banned
Any tips on how to play Attrition mode? Seems like there's a strategy to rack up points that I'm missing. Do you get additional points bonuses for racking up a higher K/D ratio?

Bounty is probably one of my favorite modes, with Amped behind it. Both have a strong focus on playing the objective. Last Titan and Pilot v Pilot are right behind that.

This being the first multiplayer FPS game I've played since Goldeneye, I'm really feeling limited by my use of a controller. I've always felt less comfortable when using analog sticks rather than a mouse for aiming, and it's definitely the reason for the majority of my deaths. =(

Attrition is just...

Grunts = 1
Reapers/Pilots = 5
Titans = 10

Don't die with your Titan and you're good. It's better to kill a couple of Pilots or a couple Reapers than risk losing your Titan fighting one. Thinking of your Attrition Point ratio.

E92 M3

Attrition is just...

Grunts = 1
Reapers/Pilots = 5
Titans = 10

Don't die with your Titan and you're good. It's better to kill a couple of Pilots or a couple Reapers than risk losing your Titan fighting one. Thinking of your Attrition Point ratio.

One time I hid my doomed titan far away and we won the match because of it.

KodaRuss

If 3 or 4 enemy Titans are cramped up and block themselves from escaping, it's not Nuclear Ejects fault.
I have yet to encounter anyone actively suiciding into groups of Titans also I have died maybe 3 or 4 times to Nuclear Eject myself across all matches.

You guys make an issue of of something, that's a niche tactic which is easily avoided :D

I have to stop myself from drooling when I see the other team Titans all grouped up. Ronin is a lot of fun to play when the team you are playing against sucks.

KodaRuss

Attrition is just...

Grunts = 1
Reapers/Pilots = 5
Titans = 10

Yeah, its quite boring. Bounty Hunt is where it is at. I love the rush of running to the bank adds more to the game.

Animator

Yup, it's fucking nonsense and Respawn needs to either remove their collision detection or allow people to kill friendly reapers. It's especially disastrous in the shit maps (complex and crash site).

Fully agree with this. Friendly reapers should not have collision with friendly titans, it is stupid.

zewone

Wow.

Halfway through the t
ime trave
l level. Unexpected and one of the most interesting FPS experiences I can remember in a long time.

Game is amazing.

thejpfin

I got the game yesterday and I have played 2 hours so far.
I dunno, for some reason is not as exciting or fun as the first Titanfall, it feels like something is missing.
Nonetheless is still a fun game. It's so fun to burn enemy pilots with Scorch, burn baby burn!

Also is it normal that team balance is not working? I just lost 6 matches in a row and I can't bloody win even if I'm the top player of the match, it's really frustrating.

Izuna

Banned
I got the game yesterday and I have played 2 hours so far.
I dunno, for some reason is not as exciting or fun as the first Titanfall, it feels like something is missing.
Nonetheless is still a fun game. It's so fun to burn enemy pilots with Scorch, burn baby burn!

Also is it normal that team balance is not working? I just lost 6 matches in a row and I can't bloody win even if I'm the top player of the match, it's really frustrating.

Honestly, there's no real balancing here, but I'll take it over the R1 post-patch issue where it would try to rotate players who scored the worst on both teams and expect me to get 250 attrition points...

Every second game was a guaranteed loss in R1.

TheRed

I've had a lot of fun games on Crash Site and Complex, some of my favorite ones *shrug*
Of course Angel City is a ton of fun too.

HelloMeow

Honestly, there's no real balancing here, but I'll take it over the R1 post-patch issue where it would try to rotate players who scored the worst on both teams and expect me to get 250 attrition points...

Every second game was a guaranteed loss in R1.

If one player was significantly better than anyone in the lobby, it would balance teams by placing the best player and the worst players in one team. I guess in an attempt to balance that good player. Which is super unfair for those "bad" players, because they would have to go up against a full team with better players.

It's not like that one good player would make them perform any better. Depending on how bad they were, they would only serve as easy kills for the opposing team. So please, none of that "balancing".

deoee

Tone still is so unfun to play against, it's ridic

It's often the same people who use Devotion + A-Wall and camp who use Tone.

KodaRuss

Who do you play as usually?

Before the patch Tone's were still pretty hard to deal with 1 v 1 with Ronin. Any other Titan I usually did not have a problem with but a decent Tone would get me sometimes.

E92 M3

It's often the same people who use Devotion + A-Wall and camp who use Tone.

Tone is one of the weakest Titans now, it's just you're facing good players. If they nerf her anymore I'd probably quit lol.

deoee

Tone is one of the weakest Titans now, it's just you're facing good players. If they nerf her anymore I'd probably quit lol.

I'm not saying seh is too strong, just that she's boring to play against.

I play everything except Tone and Ronin :D

Also LOL about the "weakest" TItan part

jeffc919

If one player was significantly better than anyone in the lobby, it would balance teams by placing the best player and the worst players in one team. I guess in an attempt to balance that good player. Which is super unfair for those "bad" players, because they would have to go up against a full team with better players.

It's not like that one good player would make them perform any better. Depending on how bad they were, they would only serve as easy kills for the opposing team. So please, none of that "balancing".

I really wish games would stop with this BS. It's unfair and generally just makes things worse. It's better to just matchmake for best connection quality and attempt to group parties against like sized parties, then just randomize team composition before every match (or matchmake again). You'll have games where it's even, games where your team stomps, games where the other team stomps, and everything in between. If you are a better than average player you will have more games you win. If you are a weaker player you will have more games you lose. Nothing unfair about that.

The little blurb when you pick her as announcer hints at this elaborate backstory that sounded kind of nifty, if compete shlock, which never comes up. Not a problem or anything but I wonder if she had a much bigger role that got cut.

Ash spoilers:
I think the blurb just references she's not the "original" Ash from campaign, since you killed her.

RedFury

What are you guys running on Ion?
Was running turbo+grand cannon but going to try vortex shield now that it's buffed. Don't really like using vortex unless absolutely necessary because it kills what Ion is built around (imo) his laser. Don't know how I feel about focusing on counter damage VS playing a poking game with laser which I've had tons of success with (goosing with it is like breathing to me now, as long as I have energy it a guarantee).

Vortex shield is bae.

Especially against Legion and Tone.

Ronin is an asshole. I can't find a single set-up that favors Ion once a Ronin gets at even mid-range. That god-damn blue wave slash haunts my nightmares.

Zemm

You may not like Tone, but she is one of the weaker titans now :p

lol, this is how I know not to take your posts seriously.

Anyway, Blackwater Canal is such a terrible map, if Crash Site wasn't in the game then this map would get so much more hate.

I've definitely played better in other matches but I haven't carried as much as I had to in this one, Jesus.

xtqHvYL.png

I had a match earlier where 3 of us had over 100 points and 4th had like 80, was pretty nice.

E92 M3

lol, this is how I know not to take your posts seriously.

Anyway, Blackwater Canal is such a terrible map, if Crash Site wasn't in the game then this map would get so much more hate.

I've definitely played better in other matches but I haven't carried as much as I had to in this one, Jesus.

xtqHvYL.png

I had a match earlier where 3 of us had over 100 points and 4th had like 80, was pretty nice.

Her main weapon is weaker, her core is weaker and charge time is a bit slower. She has become one of the weaker titans. I still do well with her. Stop being a smartass.

deoee

Today is a rough day, it's hard to pull stuff of but I'm mainly trying out new weapons and Titans so I guess that's part of the "problem"

Top Bottom