• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

E92 M3

Today is a rough day, it's hard to pull stuff of but I'm mainly trying out new weapons and Titans so I guess that's part of the "problem"

I think they turned on SBMM. I have try very hard to win every match. It's quite suspect. Hard games every now and then is okay, but tonight it's sweat city.

I hope that's not the case because it's reason Destiny PVP went to shit.

deoee

lol, this is how I know not to take your posts seriously.

Anyway, Blackwater Canal is such a terrible map, if Crash Site wasn't in the game then this map would get so much more hate.

I've definitely played better in other matches but I haven't carried as much as I had to in this one, Jesus.

xtqHvYL.png

I had a match earlier where 3 of us had over 100 points and 4th had like 80, was pretty nice.

Why are there no network tags in your game? o.o
I think they turned on SBMM. I have try very hard to win every match. It's quite suspect. Hard games every now and then is okay, but tonight it's sweat city.

I hope that's not the case because it's reason Destiny PVP went to shit.

Yeah it's super rough today.
Many different Titans, people who juke you, people who run together in groups (!) as Pilots (!!).

I've never lost so many matches.
It's still okay tho :b

I didn't make the mini montage as an example for that post, that "one" where I'm not grounded is my example.

Regardless, very few moments will allow you to kill someone while wallrunning. I use to use the CAR a lot in R1, and honestly, stopping for a moment to ADS is no biggie. It's definitely not "camping on a roof-top" that's required with a Hemlock.

also, I'm sliding in the last clip but nvm. I wanna see this amazing SMG play where people don't stop moving

I haven't been playing Titanfall today but hopped on quickly to get a gif example.

EeTGA5J.gif

This was my very first kill in my very first game. I spawned, bunny hopped around the building, wall ran, jumped off, killed someone. Kills like this account for maybe a fifth or so of my pilot kills when using an SMG.

Using something like the Hemlock isn't great for this kind of playstyle, as your ads accuracy gets swayed when falling or wall running and hip fire is unreliable. SMGs are unaffected, so I just don't need to stop. It's just more fluid and versatile than the Hemlock and G2.

Not that those weapons are bad, not at all, but they definitely favour more grounded playstyles, even if they can be used in more aerial situations, that's not where they shine.

jeffc919

Did Respawn turn on some kind of SBMM? Why am I playing sweats every match?

I really hope this isn't true. My suspicion is there was already some light SBMM in effect but nothing too over the top.

One thing I've been meaning to try next time I party up with my son is to have him host rather than me and see if that games the system in any way. My win % took a big hit from all the games I played with him and his 0.2 kdr. He needs to work on that but he's only 7!

deoee

I haven't been playing Titanfall today but hopped on quickly to get a gif example.

EeTGA5J.gif

This was my very first kill in my very first game. I spawned, bunny hopped around the building, wall ran, jumped off, killed someone. Kills like this account for maybe a fifth or so of my pilot kills when using an SMG.

Using something like the Hemlock isn't great for this kind of playstyle, as your ads accuracy gets swayed when falling or wall running and hip fire is unreliable. SMGs are unaffected, so I just don't need to stop. It's just more fluid and versatle than the Hemlock and G2.

Not that those weapons are bad, not at all, but they definitely favour more grounded playstyles, even if they can be used in more aerial situations, that's not where they shine.

How did you use the Alternator in your very first game? :O

E92 M3

I really hope this isn't true. My suspicion is there was already some light SBMM in effect but nothing too over the top.

One thing I've been meaning to try next time I party up with my son is to have him host rather than me and see if that games the system in any way. My win % took a big hit from all the games I played with him and his 0.2 kdr. He needs to work on that but he's only 7!

I've literally been playing sweats nonstop tonight. Have to really try and focus instead of relaxing/fun multiplayer. Light SBMM is okay, but right now it seems to be like Destiny.

Maybe I'm just having bad luck tonight.

I'd argue Hemlock helps negate the effectiveness of those rooftop snipers. On the big open maps I slaughter those guys with Hemlock as I move around the map. Hemlock may lend itself better to a more defensive style of play, whereas many other guns play better for the rushers, but I like that there is more than one way to play this game effectively and a deep toolbox to choose from.

It shouldn't be a one burst kill, though. It's ridiculous.

Zemm

Her main weapon is weaker, her core is weaker and charge time is a bit slower. She has become one of the weaker titans. I still do well with her. Stop being a smartass.

And yet she's still a top tier Titan. She's not in the same bracket as Ronin or Northstar or even Legion. The patch hasn't done much to change the tier list. You need to stop thinking about the titans in a 1v1 scenario which is the only scenario she might not be the best Titan. In normal gameplay she is the best pilot killer, a top tier Titan killer and also helps the team out massively with Sonar. 'One of the weaker Titans' is ridiculous.

jeffc919

I've literally been playing sweats nonstop tonight. Have to really try and focus instead of relaxing/fun multiplayer. Light SBMM is okay, but right now it seems to be like Destiny.

That's how it was for me Tues night when the patch came out. I chalked it up to a higher ratio of more diehard players jumping on as soon as the patch came out, but who knows, maybe just random, or time of day, etc. I just hope they didn't crank up SBMM.

deoee

And yet she's still a top tier Titan. She's not in the same bracket as Ronin or Northstar or even Legion. The patch hasn't done much to change the tier list. You need to stop thinking about the titans in a 1v1 scenario which is the only scenario she might not be the best Titan. In normal gameplay she is the best pilot killer, a top tier Titan killer and also helps the team out massively with Sonar. 'One of the weaker Titans' is ridiculous.

The WEAKEST!
teach.gif

KodaRuss

Vortex shield is bae.

Especially against Legion and Tone.

Ronin is an asshole. I can't find a single set-up that favors Ion once a Ronin gets at even mid-range. That god-damn blue wave slash haunts my nightmares.

Yeah, I think we are finding out (at least I am) that Ronin can really fuck up any Titan outside of a good Tone but the Tone nerf/Ronin buff has probably changed that a lot.

Once you get in the face of any Titans they panic and don't know what to do.

Zemm

Eventually people will get better through time and the standard of play will increase but I haven't noticed any skill based matchmaking since the patch, games feel exactly the same.

Gator86

Yeah, I think we are finding out (at least I am) that Ronin can really fuck up any Titan outside of a good Tone but the Tone nerf/Ronin buff has probably changed that a lot.

This is absolutely true. I've been wrecking people with Ronin since release, sometimes just charging straight at them. People are helpless when pressured and some Titans, like Legion, are basically helpless when caught. Tone was the only one who ever was trouble because of the lack of aiming required to dump a shit ton of damage on you. Just fire at your feet and mash missles.

Trip mine would work, at least to put some space between you, if it either got a damage buff or prevented Titan movement for a second or so.

Argonomic

That's how it was for me Tues night when the patch came out. I chalked it up to a higher ratio of more diehard players jumping on as soon as the patch came out, but who knows, maybe just random, or time of day, etc. I just hope they didn't crank up SBMM.

Sbmm is part of the equation but expediting matches is higher importance. Doubt anything has changed.

E92 M3

It's not ridiculous - I never said she's bad, but the 40mm too a nice hit in accuracy. She is still good, but nowhere close to godly. I've also noticed a trend of no Tones in LTS. Just my opinion from lots of tone play (Gen 20).

Yeah, Respawn doesn't seem like the type to do this in secret - at least I hope not. SBMM is cancer.

Sbmm is part of the equation but expediting matches is higher importance. Doubt anything has changed.

Thanks for the confirmation!

KodaRuss

This is absolutely true. I've been wrecking people with Ronin since release, sometimes just charging straight at them. People are helpless when pressured and some Titans, like Legion, are basically helpless when caught. Tone was the only one who ever was trouble because of the lack of aiming required to dump a shit ton of damage on you. Just fire at your feet and mash missles.

Yeah Tone can just take down three health bars so quickly. You had to get somewhat lucky and dodge the missles before. Now you can phase shift to shake the locks which is good. Legion and Scorch are just too slow to even turn around. Northstar can tether but you can phase shift out of it.

Trip mine would work, at least to put some space between you, if it either got a damage buff or prevented Titan movement for a second or so.

Trip mine probably deserves some love. I rarely waste my energy on it.

Zemm

I'll say this though, the way Respawn have nerfed the weapons and Titans is very nice when you're used to the Blizzard nerf hammer totally destroying everything they nerf. The subtle nerfs that make weapons still completely viable is pretty great. I was worried the Volt would be destroyed but nope, still a great and fun gun to run around with, just not God tier like it was before maybe.

I've felt that way too. I have some nights I want to beat that ass, but it's normally my chill game. I got sick of destiny because of that. I can play at a high level when needed, but I hate having to be at my best nonstop.

I'm hoping I'm just rusty after a couple days off.

jeffc919

Thanks for the info. This would suggest to me that SBMM may tend to cause better players to be placed in tougher matches during peak hours (like right now on the east coast) when there are more overall low ping players, and the algorithm is able to satisfy both expediting matches and looking at skill levels. Maybe I'm reading too much into it. In any case I wish SBMM wasn't a thing in the game...at all.

E92 M3

Thanks for the info. This would suggest to me that SBMM may tend to cause better players to be placed in tougher matches during peak hours (like right now on the east coast) when there are more overall low ping players, and the algorithm is able to satisfy both expediting matches and looking at skill levels. Maybe I'm reading too much into it. In any case I wish SBMM wasn't a thing in the game...at all.

Would be great if it was just connection like CoD. As a solo player, SBMM really screws me over.

--

Did get a pretty neat Mega Kill with the Alt. and the gravity grenade finished me off lol

LxVOsPq.gif

KingV

IMO trip mine is kind of garbage. The setup is too slow and ronin can rush you down so fast (or phase shift through it)

Argonomic

In my experience game mode is a better predictor for difficulty than player count. I typically encounter better players in PvP and LTS than Attrition or Amped Hardpoint, even though Attrition is quite popular.

In my experience game mode is a better predictor for difficulty than player count. I typically encounter better players in PvP and LTS than Attrition or Amped Hardpoint, even though Attrition is quite popular.
Yep. Mix tape seems to be quite competitive while it is super easy to rofl stomp in attrition.

Zemm

Frothy wants to see a Tone Elite, kinda like the Wingman Elite I guess. Something that requires more skill to use but is similar. He's not happy with current Tone: "I don't use her because I don't feel justified in using such an easy to use and powerful Titan"

jeffc919

Struggling mightily to have good games tonight. Last night was target practice including a 45-0 run in my last 2 games. Tonight I'm getting outgunned left and right.

Gator86

Yeah Tone can just take down three health bars so quickly. You had to get somewhat lucky and dodge the missles before. Now you can phase shift to shake the locks which is good. Legion and Scorch are just too slow to even turn around. Northstar can tether but you can phase shift out of it.

Trip mine probably deserves some love. I rarely waste my energy on it.

Does shift break lock now? I was blocking them. You should get a notification when Tone has a lock on you. If you get one for Archers, there's no reason not to get one for Tone.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Ok I need a new anti Titan weapon, I've rocked the shit out of the laser, what's the next best?

Top Bottom