• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

E92 M3

Put me into game with the score of 76-24X

Please, Respawn, make it where any JIP is loss protected. It will drastically increase the QOL.

HelloMeow

Put me into game with the score of 76-24X

Please, Respawn, make it where any JIP is loss protected. It will drastically increase the QOL.

Even if the scores are even you often join a game with multiple titans. In TF1 you'd get a free titan, but in TF2 you have to earn one.

I have like 5 data centres with the same ping...is everybody separated into them?

Btw, running and killing like 3 enemies in a run is so addictive

Discobird

Even if the scores are even you often join a game with multiple titans. In TF1 you'd get a free titan, but in TF2 you have to earn one.

When I join a game in progress I usually start with some amount of Titan meter (I've seen as high as 80-something percent)--so you're right, no free Titan per se but you can get pretty close.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Got on that Mastiff life tonight - hot damn! It's fun blasting people in the face and it's a nice change of pace. Definitely makes me play a little differently (in a fun way)

E92 M3

Realized I have every single pilot camo (including adv gift) except gen 10 (which is a couple levels away), gen 11 and wall running a million kilometers lol.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
I'm actually a little worried the free weekend might push people off the game. Without paying for it and having the need to justify the money spent on the purchase, people might have a little less patience for the savages in this thread wrecking them over and over. Hopefully, enough new people jump in so there's a great mix of new and old players this weekend.

That is a valid concern. There's always people that are super good when it comes to MP, but at this stage, there's a lot of gen players that will just smash newbies. Thing is, TF2 is pretty daunting the first time you play it. There's guns, kits, tacticals, etc. Not even counting the Titans.

It doesn't have the benefit of Call of Duty or Battlefield wherein people are acclimated to previous iterations, and can figure things out in a few games. That said, there are also a lot of newbies that I see now, so it could work itself out provided they get matched against each other. :)

I'm just playing devil's advocate, not looking to argue, but I would say that not including deaths also promotes willful ignorance and encourages players to seek out kills at all costs rather than try to strike a balance that maximizes their team's chance of winning.

On second thought, the more people running around in the open like a chicken with its head cut off trying to get kills at all costs, the more easy targets for me to shoot at!

I dunno, I just find constant K/D boasting/whoring just stupid. I mean, I do quite well in most MP shooters, and I admit, I care about my K/D. But in games where I don't see it as much? Like in Overwatch, and in TF2, I don't miss it and it actually makes me want to go after objectives harder.

I attack Titans all the fucking time even if I know I might die. I help my fellow Titan out. Haha! My stats are quite OK, I think, and I saw my K/D at 4.0+ something, so that gives me a reassurance that I can play the game "normally" and still do well in terms of stats. :)

---

Chiming in with all the Tone talk, I use Tone mostly before and I did notice Salvo Core seemingly a bit weaker. I don't see as much Tones as I did before, too. I find that I prefer Ronin now since I usually get 4-6 Titan kills in each Attrition match when I use Ronin.

Speaking of, a good Ronin is a perfect counter to Tone. If you can bridge the distance, Tone will panic since their shield can't do shit once you're slicing their faces off. :) Arc Wave, dash, dash, unload, phase behind them while reloading, unload and slice. Most of the time, they're doomed and with the new and improved Titan melee, that means an execution.

Ronin is kinda OP now since executions for Titans are working as intended. Mind, not OP in the sense that he needs a nerf, but overpowered in some instances where lanes are tight and Titans are clumped together.

E92 M3

I'll say this though, the way Respawn have nerfed the weapons and Titans is very nice when you're used to the Blizzard nerf hammer totally destroying everything they nerf. The subtle nerfs that make weapons still completely viable is pretty great. I was worried the Volt would be destroyed but nope, still a great and fun gun to run around with, just not God tier like it was before maybe.

Bungie are the BOSS of overnerfing. Hand cannons still fire ghost bullets in Destiny lol.

E92 M3

Yeah, you get Titan energy equivalent to the match progress but never a Titan. I just think the player being put into a GIP needs to be taken care of. The maximum threshold should be a 10 point differential. Anything above is loss protection.

Those are my thoughts on the manner.

They need a newbie only playlist just for the free weekend

That will hurt the population and will also have people making new accounts to pub stomp. New players aren't delicate flowers and games should stop treating them as such. Everyone learns a new shooter by losing. Some pick it up faster than others.

--

On a lighter note, please gives us the option to mute players from the gamescreen. Most of the time it's fun chatting with randoms (like the good old days) but every now and then there is an annoying kid on the mic lol.

HelloMeow

When I join a game in progress I usually start with some amount of Titan meter (I've seen as high as 80-something percent)--so you're right, no free Titan per se but you can get pretty close.

True, but still I prefer not to have to go up against titans right from the start.

No Love

Banned
I think Mag Launcher is probably the best overall anti Titan weapon.

Archer is just as good. Mag Launcher's biggest downfall is the range. So you have to get close and engage which is far riskier for a pilot. Archer lets you nail Titans from across the map while being able to hide and get in cover. Also does a ton of damage and gets you your Titan super quick.

I like them both equally and wreck hard with both.

Yeah, you get Titan energy equivalent to the match progress but never a Titan. I just think the player being put into a GIP needs to be taken care of. The maximum threshold should be a 10 point differential. Anything above is loss protection.

That will hurt the population and will also have people making new accounts to pub stomp. New players aren't delicate flowers and games should stop treating them as such. Everyone learns a new shooter by losing. Some pick it up faster than others.

--

On a lighter note, please gives us the option to mute players from the gamescreen. Most of the time it's fun chatting with randoms (like the good old days) but every now and then there is an annoying kid on the mic lol.

Well then there needs to be a basic tutorial
Even just a screen with info would help

Explain bounty hunt. Explain batteries. Explain boosting and Hipfire. Explain attrition.

Holy shit I'm having SO MUCH FUN!

CTF IS AWESOME. Except on the giant maps. I'd rather not see it again on that one big map.

Playing it on Eden is immensely exhilarating. How are there only 60 players ?? This needs better promotion. Double xp or at least the front page.

Halo CTF is something that no game has touched, but this may finally scratch that longing I had for a good CTF mode. Really unfortunate that more people don't play the mode

I like mixtape though I'd rather avoid LTS which I'm findin to be weak

CTF IS AWESOME. Except on the giant maps. I'd rather not see it again on that one big map.

Playing it on Eden is immensely exhilarating. How are there only 60 players ?? This needs better promotion. Double xp or at least the front page.

Halo CTF is something that no game has touched, but this may finally scratch that longing I had for a good CTF mode. Really unfortunate that more people don't play the mode

I tried playing it really late at night yesterday and their wasn't a single person around(4AM EST PS4). That was pretty depressing because I love CTF in past shooters I've played. I've been focusing on other modes to upgrade my gun and stuff. So it sucked to find out how unpopular this mode is when I finally tried to play it.

I'm gonna jump on in an hour or so when the wife goes to sleep. I hope I can get a few CTF games before it goes back down to 0 people playing it again.

the only thing I wanted changed for tone was pilot dmg w/ the 40 and it feels like the only thing that didnt change. Shit still annoys me

I tried ctf a few times and it never clicked, despite also loving Halo CTF.

I tried ctf a few times and it never clicked, despite also loving Halo CTF.

I just got off a high where I stole a flag, stimmed past an enemy, turned around and killed two chasers by dashing to the side and finishing another with a pistol, ran to the base, started getting shot, barely got under a door, and capped it

Amazing. But it's so map dependent

They flat out need to remove one total stinker that had some ship that was crashed in the middle

Getting double and triple kills in this game is what i wanted to enjoy in COD. But CODs respawns are so blatantly awful that I can't stand getting killed in that game

It's perfect here

And despite hating Forward Base and Homestead and finding Boom town okay, I'm enjoying quite a few of these maps

Eden, and Exoplanet both play well

TheRed

Instead of Double XP weekends they should just have double XP events tied to certain game modes. That should get people out of their comfort zones and hopefully find out they like playing something like CTF.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
I should have clarified, when I click on the buy icon it tells me "customization packs are not supported on the Prime Titan chassis. I'm trying to get northstar skins

Prime Titans (Ion and Scorch) doesn't support it (customization packs) for now. Respawn said they're fixing it. You mean you can't buy it for Northstar?

--

Yep, I agree. I hate having to enter games where there's Titans already. Just annoyed since you spawn in and get killed ASAP.

I think the best implementation of easing players in was Crysis 2's MP. It had a newb roob where players are forced to play in until level 10. Good balance. That said, I can understand why no one does it since it does fragment the player base that's not really needed. TF2 would greatly benefit if it had a splash page where YouTube vids, etc. can be seen by people.

Finally getting around to checking out the store. Ronin stuff looks dope. Oni(?) nose art - Oni Genji skin... I know what youre doing

:p

I bought Prime skins, emblem and camo packs and for the Titans, just want the Ronin want. Might pick up a PSN card later just to get it. :)

There are all kinds of amazing arena like areas in the singleplayer that would be awesome as multiplayer maps.

I really hope Respawn gives us a road map of how many maps we can expect and when. Maybe a monthly content drop isn't too farfetched, no? I mean, unless it's one map per two months, in which case, that's not a lot. :(

I'd be super OK if they recycled TF1 maps and just released them two at a time or something with nose art, etc.

Can the purchasable Callsigns be upgraded to PRISM and such?

Don't think so. :(

I just got off a high where I stole a flag, stimmed past an enemy, turned around and killed two chasers by dashing to the side and finishing another with a pistol, ran to the base, started getting shot, barely got under a door, and capped it

Amazing. But it's so map dependent

They flat out need to remove one total stinker that had some ship that was crashed in the middle

Yep, same feeling I had with IW. For other maps, I really believe it requires different loadouts and Titans. I use Scorch in Complex and Crash Site and do very well since enemies can't really run away from burning floors. :)

Instead of Double XP weekends they should just have double XP events tied to certain game modes. That should get people out of their comfort zones and hopefully find out they like playing something like CTF.

I think they need to remove shit maps from modes like CTF

And I love mixtape but wish they tightened up the playlists even more. Why does mixtape 8v8 exist and why have both skirmish and pvp

Izuna

Banned
I haven't been playing Titanfall today but hopped on quickly to get a gif example.

EeTGA5J.gif

This was my very first kill in my very first game. I spawned, bunny hopped around the building, wall ran, jumped off, killed someone. Kills like this account for maybe a fifth or so of my pilot kills when using an SMG.

Using something like the Hemlock isn't great for this kind of playstyle, as your ads accuracy gets swayed when falling or wall running and hip fire is unreliable. SMGs are unaffected, so I just don't need to stop. It's just more fluid and versatile than the Hemlock and G2.

Not that those weapons are bad, not at all, but they definitely favour more grounded playstyles, even if they can be used in more aerial situations, that's not where they shine.

You can kill like that with the hemlock easy... In fact I've posted a gif like that before. It's also very situational anyway.

With gun ready, you can ADS in a moment and only need to fire once in many occasions. (btw the last gif was to show it one bursting)

Arttemis

Is there no ranking system in the game? There are teams populated with people who literally score 10-25 times the amount of points as the rest in the game.

You can kill like that with the hemlock easy... In fact I've posted a gif like that before. It's also very situational anyway.

With gun ready, you can ADS in a moment and only need to fire once in many occasions. (btw the last gif was to show it one bursting)

I disagree. If you do that with the hemlock you put yourself into a disadvantaged position. You have to ADS, and the game drags your ADS with the momentum, it creates a weird visual disorientation to intentionally handicap you in that situation. You can argue that you can do it, but saying it's easy when comparing to SMGs, specifically designed to handle better in higher mobility environments just seems silly.

Even highly mobile players like gamesager demonstrate more grounded and less aggressive playstyles with weapons like the Hemlock. It's not a problem to play to a weapons strengths but denying their weaknesses doesn't make much sense.

Animator

Man Volt is NOT nerfed in any way. Started using it thinking it will be bad after seeing so many tearful posts in this thread about how it got nerfed and it absolutely decimates.

In my experience it (Hemlock) only seems to be a 1 burst kill up close and probably with part of the burst landing a headshot, or against an injured opponent. All my mid range to longer range shots require 2 bursts.

Even the two burst from it is ridiculous. It has the most insanely short TTK of any primary other than maybe the EVA

No Love

Banned
Never.... Imagined wanting to play this game over Battlefield 1 when I bought them.

But man this game

Dude me either. I went into this thinking that I made a mistake buying it and I'd never touch it.

Have played like 10x as much TF2 as I have BF1. This is a future classic.

Top Bottom