• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Spasm

Since the update, does Warpfall Transmitter no longer allow you to crush enemy Titans? I haven't gotten a single crush since the update. I've had a few good attempts, and I've seen the enemy Titan actually get 'nudged' out of the way where it should have been crushed.

Gator86

Respawn, this is a post about Reapers

1. Collision on Friendly Reapers is extremely annoying. They can trap us in, and this is never a purposeful strategy from the other team. Removing their collision (at least for Titans) would make this game a little less annoying.

2. See the gif below -- I am getting sick of taking time to kill a Reaper only for an AI to get the kill. A Reaper takes 2 Archer Rocket shots AND a Firestar to kill. That means an Archer Rocket does just less than half health. I don't know what this is, so I'll shoot a rocket hoping to get the kill (points + charge) but then AI will get the final hit in. This happens far too frequently. Either allow Reapers to give assists (so I can at least get build time for it) or stop having AI take away points.

CNBb9dY.gif

I can understand why this was done because it stops a player from getting a couple hits in a Reaper than having the AI finish them off, but there needs to be some sort of solution to this. Maybe put the assist on some sort of timer? I don't know how hard that would be, but an AI reaper getting the final hit in means I may as well not bother with a Reaper or I'm standing there waiting for the health to get low enough.

All of this. Reapers, in their current implementation fucking suck. Decrease the points they give, reduce their health, remove collision detection for titans, and make them hunt people who are stationary even more.

TITANFALL 2 |OT2| Don't Misgender Northstar.

It should definitely be this. People salty over the current OT provide endless entertainment.

E92 M3

Since the update, does Warpfall Transmitter no longer allow you to crush enemy Titans? I haven't gotten a single crush since the update. I've had a few good attempts, and I've seen the enemy Titan actually get 'nudged' out of the way where it should have been crushed.

You can crush with any type of titanfall, it's just placement isn't as accurate as in the first game (at least it seems like that to me). I used to crush people left and right with warpfall in tf1.

Titanfall 2 |OT2| Whatever the fuck that means

if it's not this i'm going to rage

Yeah, I vote for that.

Titanfall 2 |OT2| I'm 50% in love

Because it's inconsistent and takes the OT from the majority of people.

Why is Battlefield 1 still in Gaming?
Or StreetFighter?

Well, one of us should message a mod about these inconsistencies.

I find myself using them even when it would be better to use a gun. They're fun!

3oriNVr5HISA7U3dSM.gif

I can't give up my Arc nades. They are just so useful for me.

Izuna

Banned
Respawn, I don't know what the fuck is going on but this needs fixing. I have had this happen all day today.

win7VOf.png

---

This thread is in community because barely anyone cares about Titanfall 2. Sad but it's true. It's just the same people posting over and over again.

Spasm

You can crush with any type of titanfall, it's just placement isn't as accurate as in the first game (at least it seems like that to me). I used to crush people left and right with warpfall in tf1.
Me too. And even in TF2 pre-patch I had plenty of crushes using Warpfall. That's the only reason I equip it. I'm just afraid it may have been nerfed.

Alx

Respawn, I don't know what the fuck is going on but this needs fixing. I have had this happen all day today.

Is it because you got less points for more kills ? Maybe your comrade killed more Reapers (The 5 points guys) while you killed more grunts.
Those minions are a good way to get out of close games btw, usually when we're in the last seconds of a game and the point difference is too close, I specifically target those bots to get the advantage.

E92 M3

win7VOf.png

---

This thread is in community because barely anyone cares about Titanfall 2. Sad but it's true. It's just the same people posting over and over again.

Maybe he killed an extra reaper? Idk, it is kinda weird.

Me too. And even in TF2 pre-patch I had plenty of crushes using Warpfall. That's the only reason I equip it. I'm just afraid it may have been nerfed.

Warpfall isn't worth it due to lack of domeshield, but I don't think it's been nerfed. I'm still crushing people, but it's not as consistent as the first game.

Is it because you got less points for more kills ? Maybe your comrade killed more Reapers (Scorchers ? The 5 points guys) while you killed more grunts.
Those minions are a good way to get out of close games btw, usually when we're in the last seconds of a game and the point difference is too close, I specifically target those bots to get the advantage.

Yeah, it doesn't look that weird if the other guy got a few more reapers. The score difference is only 3 after all.

Izuna

Banned
Is it because you got less points for more kills ? Maybe your comrade killed more Reapers (The 5 points guys) while you killed more grunts.

No, minion kills add 5 if you kill a Reaper. It's bullshit, honestly. Add them up.

---

Legion literally can't do anything against Ion. Smart Core, Shotty etc... His shield is invincible. I don't know if it was always like this but it's kinda dumb...

Why oh why don't I get credit for the Titan kill if I doom a Titan? Someone else always ends up taking the credit when I do all the work.

Gator86

No, minion kills add 5 if you kill a Reaper. It's bullshit, honestly. Add them up.

---

Legion literally can't do anything against Ion. Smart Core, Shotty etc... His shield is invincible. I don't know if it was always like this but it's kinda dumb...

A lot of what I do versus Ion is try to throw off his timing. Most Ions will just burn every drop of energy shielding the second they see you begin to shoot. Staggering your charged shots and firing sporadically can drain his energy while not allowing him to collect too much return damage or deplete too much of your clip.

Got a new mouse so why not play some Titanfall on PC since I bought it anyway. Then a balant cheater shows up in the first game, instant locking to me ejecting. LOL reminds me why I don't play MP shooters on PC any more.

A lot of what I do versus Ion is try to throw off his timing. Most Ions will just burn every drop of energy shielding the second they see you begin to shoot. Staggering your charged shots and firing sporadically can drain his energy while not allowing him to collect too much return damage or deplete too much of your clip.

It's also easier to engage Ions with Legion at range. Ions only have the laser for long range sniping. Throw off the timing with Legion's long range bullets and shotty to deplete the shield then that Ion won't have anything to fight back.

Also,

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Ion

Gator86

It's also easier to engage Ions with Legion at range. Ions only have the laser for long range sniping. Throw off the timing with Legion's long range bullets and shotty to deplete the shield then that Ion won't have anything to fight back.

Also,

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Ion

God, yes. I'd say 90% of Ions can't return any damage from long range, so you're free to just go nuts on them. It's all about draining that shield without opening yourself to too much damage. Just not shooting, which some people do, is often death because it gives Ion time for backup to arrive or fuck up your positioning.

---

Yeah those scores make no sense. Even if all minion kills were 1 point ones.

You would score 136.
He would score 125.

If you add 4 to his for one reaper thats 130. so i have no idea how that gets too 132.

Yours is already messed up as its higher than that with only 1 point minion kills.

Who knows whats going on here.

are any minions worth 2 points? if so you could just replace two 1 pointers with two 2 pointers.

Can you lose points? self kills maybe? Thats the only thing I can account for yours being so borked.

God, yes. I'd say 90% of Ions can't return any damage from long range, so you're free to just go nuts on them. It's all about draining that shield without opening yourself to too much damage. Just not shooting, which some people do, is often death because it gives Ion time for backup to arrive or fuck up your positioning.

As an Ion player I way prefer legions from a distance. Make sure you have 2 dashes and cover near by, Snipe crit point with laser and if time some splitcanon burst. just dodge back into cover. I honestly find the shield a last resort and prefer to use hit and run tactics than ever resort to it. I often will disengage and run away to attach from another part of the map if I am getting no where. Ion is just very rounded where as most other titans are very strong in specific situations.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Got matched up against a few people that were in groups. Really, really hard to carry my team when my ping is 200ms+! Also, why do groups always play using Sonar Blade, and Sentry?

It's like super maximum cheese every fucking time and usually, they camp in one area of the map covering all sides. :}

Chris1

It is weird how it was moved to community but older games are in gaming. Is there usually guidelines for when a topic gets moved or is it just random? I always assumed it was after so many days.

Titanfall 2 |OT2| Whatever the fuck that means

if it's not this i'm going to rage

yup

dankir

Anyone got tips for Kraber? I feel like sometimes I get the feel down and others Im just way way off with every shot

I would wait for Frontier Defense, only time I used snipers for real in TF1, actually correction. there was a regen challenge for 50 pilot kills with one of the sniper rifles.

Otherwise I wouldn't bother, at least for me the pilot movement is too hard to accurately kille with a Sniper and I don't like staying still at any time in the Mp modes. Unless your Benchy and can 360 no scope, etc.

SwolBro

Banned
I don't understand the game has the craziest mobility out of any current shooter and people choose to play cloak and hide .

Respawn should not be catering to that style of play. Either move or go play battlefield .

Played a match where the other sides MVP cloaked and hid with hemlock+sentry boost the whole match. I didn't see him one time

Izuna

Banned
Dropping a Titan on a Bounty Titan gives you all the score now

are any minions worth 2 points? if so you could just replace two 1 pointers with two 2 pointers.

Can you lose points? self kills maybe? Thats the only thing I can account for yours being so borked.

No and no, seems to be a silly bug. ;(

E92 M3

I don't understand the game has the craziest mobility out of any current shooter and people choose to play cloak and hide .

Respawn should not be catering to that style of play. Either move or go play battlefield .

Played a match where the other sides MVP cloaked and hid with hemlock+sentry boost the whole match. I didn't see him one time

If it's PVP then that's just the nature of the mode. I think them showing deaths is a big contributor. Moving around fast gets you killed in PVP - at least Xbox. Hemlocks around every corner.

I've got killed multiple times in a game by a OHK Kraber - it def. needs a nerf

Are you joking or serious? It takes a lot of practice to actually get good with it.

Arttemis

So a Flame Shield can absorb 100% of a Flame Core? I just went bananas on another Scorch when low on health, and he raised the shield the moment I hit the ground, took no damage, and killed me with a shot a second later before I could raise my gun.

deoee

If it's PVP then that's just the nature of the mode. I think them showing deaths is a big contributor. Moving around fast gets you killed in PVP - at least Xbox. Hemlocks around every corner.

Are you joking or serious? It takes a lot of practice to actually get good with it.

*winkyface*

I would wait for Frontier Defense, only time I used snipers for real in TF1, actually correction. there was a regen challenge for 50 pilot kills with one of the sniper rifles.

Otherwise I wouldn't bother, at least for me the pilot movement is too hard to accurately kille with a Sniper and I don't like staying still at any time in the Mp modes. Unless your Benchy and can 360 no scope, etc.

Tip: stop using it unless you have god like aim. It is trash, it is not going to kill anybody with a brain.

but... but guys

I'm definitely getting better, but I was just wondering if anyone had any tips :p

Zemm

Matchmaking should always be about trying to get you into the game as fast as possible. That I can leave a game and be in another within 20 seconds is one of the great things about Titanfall 2. If skill based matchmaking would change that then fuck that. There just isn't the playerbase for something like that imo.

The Volt is still a crazy powerful gun. I tried the CAR after the patch and anyone saying that gun is better is mad. The "nerf" has made no noticeable difference that I can spot, close and long range it's still great and it's still all I use because it's so fun to play with, one of the most fun guns I've ever used in an FPS.

I agree that maybe they should balance PC and console separately, the games feel very different, console is much slower and a lot more roof camping (even though it happens on PC too it's not to the same level as on the PS4). On PC there is a ton of SMG players moving around as much as possible and a lot of Devotion's. Hemlock doesn't get much use from what I'm seeing.

TheRed

---

Well it sure doesn't help, especially with the free weekend a lot of new people should be interested in talking about it. I only come here because I subscribed I never go into community myself.

Gurrry

I tried downloading the free MP trial that started today and its asking me for an activation code. They must have messed up something.

I hope it gets fixed asap. I have some free time to play this morning

Izuna

Banned
Someone with better hold on numbers work out how long it will take for me to hit 80% wins?

I have 335 played, 265 wins (so I'm 3 away)

How many do I need to win in a row to get to 80%?

Warpfall's advantage is how fast it falls right? Maybe it was too much of a cheap way to kill titans.

So, what I'm noticing is that the damage is not enough to kill Titans in all scenarios. I dropped my Ronin on a full health Ion and I did not kill him; it did a chunk of damage, though. I would need confirmation, but I think there may be a fixed damage for Titanfalls (like 3 bars of health or something).

Izuna

Banned
So, what I'm noticing is that the damage is not enough to kill Titans in all scenarios. I dropped my Ronin on a full health Ion and I did not kill him; it did a chunk of damage, though. I would need confirmation, but I think there may be a fixed damage for Titanfalls (like 3 bars of health or something).

You slightly missed him, is all.

Top Bottom