• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Tb0ne07

This happens with every active OT that goes to community. Tons of posts regarding that they wish it was still on gaming. I still find it hard to believe that so few users spend time on the community forums.

Right but I guess I was comparing it to other active threads that have not moved to community. (e.g.. Battlefield) As a (the?) premiere gaming forum that features bloggers, journalists, developers and obviously gaming enthusiasts I would think that if any game deserved to have the rules bent to increase exposure to the game it would have been this one, given the discourse between what seems to be overwhelmingly high praise but lower than expected sales/exposure. And the fact that the DLC model presented by the developers has been a refreshing change that I think just about everyone would like to see copied. Isn't that the reason we are here, because we like games and we want to see more well made/fun games and business practices that benefit developers but that are also fair to the consumers?

I get that it's not the forum's job to help or hurt sales of a game but I think we agree that it s a byproduct of how a game is perceived here. Anyway just my 2 cents, I'm moving on now.

*Also not picking on Battlefield at all, just using as an example.

Chris1

• Replacing burn cards with boosts: As much fun as it was to spawn an Atlas with chaingun and Map Hack at the start of a match and go 25-0, I can't say the burn card system was particularly healthy. "Imbalanced" is not the right word for it since everyone had access to burn cards, but it added some unneeded volatility to games. The boost system is more predictable and feels fairer.
I do think boosts are better but I also miss how limited burn cards were and how they worked (losing the ability on death). Might just be me but in my head I think merging both would have been best. Instead of being able to use your boosts at whatever titan meter %, it just simply unlocks the ability to use the burn card at that %. That way you can't just start the game with the burn card you have to actually "earn" it, but it also keeps the best parts of burn cards so people can't just run pilot sentry and whatever other BS all day every day.

Alienous

Just played a round of this.

It was ok. Exo-Planet doesn't seem terrible, and attrition plays well (even if it's sort of hard to read).

Edit:
Oh dear, next map is fucking Homestead.

Edit 2:
Quit that match. That map is still awful.

KodaRuss

I didn't play that well last night as I was trying to watch the game awards and talk to my buddies over PSN at the same time. My friends were saying that I sound like I wasn't having very much fun one game.

The game ended (Bounty Hunt) and my team had 15 total kills and I had 13 of them. Sometimes your team is just fucking hopeless.

Alienous

Played a few matches.

This game's problems are all bad maps. When you're on a good map it's a worthy Titanfall 1 sequel.

if I could play only the good maps, even if they were fewer, this would be worth buying. But even just with this demo I feel like I'm rolling the dice every time I search for a match.

Can't wait to see your reaction after playing Complex and Crash Site

I think I played Complex. Is that the one comprised of giant corridors? Dreadful.

SMZC

This may have been mentioned already, but I noticed that post-patch Overcore doesn't reset to 30% with Legion after using his Core ability for the first time, instead it takes you back all the way to 0%. He's the only Titan affected by this. Hopefully this gets fixed quickly, because this makes Overcore pretty much useless for Legion as of now.

Chris1

Played a few matches.

This game's problems are all bad maps. When you're on a good map it's a worthy Titanfall 1 sequel.

if I could play only the good maps, even if they were fewer, this would be worth buying. But even just with this demo I feel like I'm rolling the dice every time I search for a match.

I think I played Complex. Is that the one comprised of giant corridors? Dreadful.

The main problem is the maps 100%. Eden, Black Water Canal are the decent maps. Emphasis on decent. Angel City too obviously, but that's not available until tomorrow (maybe in 2 hours from now?)

Izuna

Banned
This may have been mentioned already, but I noticed that post-patch Overcore doesn't reset to 30% with Legion after using his Core ability for the first time, instead it takes you back all the way to 0%. He's the only Titan affected by this. Hopefully this gets fixed quickly, because this makes Overcore pretty much useless for Legion as of now.

yes

I mentioned this in the OT. Stupid decision

KodaRuss

Respawn probably didnt expect any Legion to survive long enough to get two Overcores!

KodaRuss

Played a few matches.

I started out hating Homestead but now I kinda like it now. I really dont hate any maps at the moment but they could definitely use more. This has been the message that Respawn has hopefully been hearing. That bringing back more of the TF1 maps would make a huge difference.

A lot of people hate Complex and Crash Site. They are frustrating to me for two different reasons. Complex because calling in a Titan it can land halfway across the map and Crash Site because you get caught on geometry or rocks on the ground.

I like the claustrophobia to a point in those two maps but I think fixing collision with friendly reapers would make a huge difference with these two maps as well.

Gator86

They should remove Legion at this point

:-(

It's not his fault people are bad at the game. But yeah, they could probably stand to give him some love too. Not sure what they do to make his role more defined without him absolutely laying waste to people who don't understand how cover works.

deoee

i spent almost a full match last night getting so frustrated with hit registration. while i'd clearly have a target in my sights and i'd be firing more than enough to kill the enemy, i had several instances where not a single bit of damage from my g2 was dealt. i finally slowed down to think about it, something that isnt encouraged by this game, and i noticed my scope was old fashioned iron sights. great, somehow my custom pilot had lost my fancy scope or worse, he reverted back to default without all my leveling. turns out it was neither of those. in the kill feed, after finally getting a kill, i noticed somehow i was using a custom load out exactly like the one i always use EXCEPT instead of the g2, it was the car. no wonder i couldnt kill shit --- not only was the range a bit long for that gun but i was single firing it! lol, i'm an idiot.

This is gold :D

Rayme

i spent almost a full match last night getting so frustrated with hit registration. while i'd clearly have a target in my sights and i'd be firing more than enough to kill the enemy, i had several instances where not a single bit of damage from my g2 was dealt. i finally slowed down to think about it, something that isnt encouraged by this game, and i noticed my scope was old fashioned iron sights. great, somehow my custom pilot had lost my fancy scope or worse, he reverted back to default without all my leveling. turns out it was neither of those. in the kill feed, after finally getting a kill, i noticed somehow i was using a custom load out exactly like the one i always use EXCEPT instead of the g2, it was the car. no wonder i couldnt kill shit --- not only was the range a bit long for that gun but i was single firing it! lol, i'm an idiot.

Brb, adding "YOU ARE HOLDING A <weaponName>!" splash on every spawn. That oughta do it.

If Respawn added all the Titanfall 1 maps into Titanfall 2, wouldn't they then have to also remaster the original Titanfall 2 maps in order to avoid everyone inevitably complaining when they had to play on them?

I feel like that reasoning alone may be the reason we never see a large number of Titanfall 1 maps coming back.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Brb, adding "YOU ARE HOLDING A <weaponName>!" splash on every spawn. That oughta do it.

hahaha. actually, i never really realized that in the matchmaking lobby screen you effectively chose your default loadout. i must have been playing around with a random one before a match started without realizing i switched the "default".

A lot of people hate Complex and Crash Site. They are frustrating to me for two different reasons. Complex because calling in a Titan it can land halfway across the map and Crash Site because you get caught on geometry or rocks on the ground.
But it lands where you point. Just look at the ground if you're not sure. I've never had a titan fall really far from my intent.

Alx

The new Rodin ability makes it easier to surprise your enemies with a nuclear ejection, but it almost feels cheap. Also it seems to make him immune to nuclear explosions from other titans (well not really immune, but since he teleports as soon as enough damage is done, it doesn't get destroyed)

Animator

I played a round earlier and felt like a god. I think I had like 9 titan kills at the end of round as Ronin. Free weekend will be fun.

Top Bottom