• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
So I don't know if it's just me but I'm like 20-2 in colosseum all time. Am I just getting lucky or are people just bad at it?

KodaRuss

Any word on new titans? I know maps, modes, and weapons but no mention of Titans worries me. I'd like to see some new titans atleast one more of each (heavy,mid,light). What do you know we are missing 3 weapons (arc cannon, helix rockets, and XO machine gun.

I hope Respawn is focusing on more Maps. But I am sure we will get Prime Titans before anything else and we will be lucky if we get them before February imo.

Took the entire week off to play and beat Final Fantasy. Finished it tonight, so hopped back in for my first game in many a night, on the oh so lovely new map. Sadly, we lost. I'll have to do better next time.

mp_angel_city0001_zpsfkioqeku.jpg

Coliseum makes me wish their was a 1v1 mode in a small map with floating platforms everywhere. Both to stand and to wall run on . Man that sounds like it could be really fun, especially since it could really show case the different kits and weapons against each other.

Rayme

It got to the point where the last game, there was a guy with less than 10 points total in Attrition and I actually took the time to message him 'holy shit, please just leave'.

I need a break
Dude. For all you know that's some kid. Message a dev and abuse us, not the poor guy trying to figure out analog sticks. =)

That said; sorry you're getting frustrated. There's a lot of brand-new players tonight, so it could be bad luck. Feel free to PM me if you think it's been bad enough, I can forward your gamertag onto The Smart People and they can look at match histories.

Can also try forming a party with your network (or even the ADV network) and see what sort of band of miscreants you roll. ;)

Here's a neat monster kill I scored earlier. Movement in this game is so much fun, and amped damage really facilitates some high mobility plays, allowing you to tear through teams.

The last two players I kill in this clip are the same two players I kill through the smoke with the double spray. A failure of the games spawn system, I guess, it could have, and should have spawned them a little further back.

The GIF links to the youtube clip which is better quality / doesn't miss half a second off the end.

Dude. For all you know that's some kid. Message a dev and abuse us, not the poor guy trying to figure out analog sticks. =)

That said; sorry you're getting frustrated. There's a lot of brand-new players tonight, so it could be bad luck. Feel free to PM me if you think it's been bad enough, I can forward your gamertag onto The Smart People and they can look at match histories.

Can also try forming a party with your network (or even the ADV network) and see what sort of band of miscreants you roll. ;)

Agreed. I felt bad beating some of these teams tonight. Though I do think it's a good time for a free weekend, there are a lot of regular players that actually own the game that still haven't got over the learning curve, so the new players should fit in relatively well. Double killing someone called Mr Snuggles also makes me feel bad (clip above).

I messaged a couple of them and saying good game and apologised for the situation (being pitted against much more experienced players).

Reebot

We ever get an explanation from the devs on why they removed the three weapon carry?

I'm really curious. I legitimately cannot think of a justifiable reason.

jorgejjvr

Alright gaf the demo proved it to me

This game is so fun

Any killer deals still out there for ps4?

I don't even see the game available on Amazon, only by third parties

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
I just did this in Attrition. ^_^

https://twitter.com/excaliburps/status/804960325535567877

Lack of a better term, I felt like a boss. Ghost phasing in and out and just killing enemies.

I haven't seen Angel City once in 8 hours of play today. I thought it was supposed to be in rotation. :/

Yep. Same. I haven't seen it in Attrition even once yet. o_O Maybe it's tomorrow?

Angel City is still fun as hell.

Respawn really fucked up with Ti2's maps.

Change loadouts and Titans? It's not that bad, but yeah, Angel City is much better. I'm hoping we get monthly new maps or something. That's all I want now. More maps, guns, Titans, etc. I'm set. Haha!

Here's me getting my Titan in just a minute into the match in Complex. :D https://twitter.com/excaliburps/status/804204282455019520

I just did this in Attrition. ^_^

https://twitter.com/excaliburps/status/804960325535567877

Lack of a better term, I felt like a boss. Ghost phasing in and out and just killing enemies.

Yep. Same. I haven't seen it in Attrition even once yet. o_O Maybe it's tomorrow?

Change loadouts and Titans? It's not that bad, but yeah, Angel City is much better. I'm hoping we get monthly new maps or something. That's all I want now. More maps, guns, Titans, etc. I'm set. Haha!

You are not responding to my friends request :(

My biggest peeve with the new patch is that Invite Network parties disband if you ever stop matchmaking for any reason. You can't change modes or pause for a second. Seems like a needless change.

Also, can we get the TitanGAF networks verified?

Zemm

Could you imagine this game with maps on the same level as the ones in something like CS GO, my word. Maps should be the priority for DLC for sure.

lazerfox

This weekend is the perfect time to farm for the 50 executions if you haven't already. The new players are pretty unaware and it's easy to toss an arc grenade from above and drop behind them.

Also I stopped playing with the Cold War. People were flaming me left and right for using a "noob" weapon. Well I guess I'll wait till the free weekend is over until I use it again.
The cold war feels so rewarding and it's a lot of fun.

Bigger GIF
SaneCoarseHorse.gif

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
You are not responding to my friends request :(

What's your PSN handle? I think I accepted all. :) I get a lot of friend requests from readers of PlayStation LifeStyle and being the leader of the PSLS TF2 Network (we have like 40K members! Haha!). I had to turn off friend notifications. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaF5xEJxr6E

I don't know if this has been posted, but holy shit, you can survive phasing into another titan as Ronin by sword blocking.

Holy balls! As someone who uses Ronin a lot now, thanks for this! Now I won't insta-die whenever I reload and phase! Wheee!

What's your PSN handle? I think I accepted all. :) I get a lot of friend requests from readers of PlayStation LifeStyle and being the leader of the PSLS TF2 Network (we have like 40K members! Haha!). I had to turn off friend notifications. :)

PSN ID is digmouse and you are on the same team in my first game on PS4 lol.

pizzacat

Banned
I'm trying out more stuff now, was an ion boy from launch and like north star, still haven't tried tone or legion

And for weapons trying out assault rifles when I've only been using smgs, feel good hitting people out the sky

Nice! That aim assist though...

Nice compliment! That cognitive dissonance though...

It's often that on reddit, and other communities people make a remark similar to yours, as if a clip is less valuable or interesting if it's made on console. I've even heard the same remark come from rainbow six siege, which doesn't even have any aim assist. In either case, it's a very odd sentiment, you simply can't tell how much aim assist their is on a recorded clip, yet you've chosen to make the assumption that what you saw was the game, not the player.

I think that's an odd, and self-serving conclusion. If it were so easy, it's a shame that the aim assist did not allow the players on the ground to shoot me from the air.

---

If anything, the GIF (shown in my post above) highlights a few of the games issues. Why did the two player names appear through the smoke? I just shot where I saw gunfire but probably wouldn't have snagged both kills if not for them being lit up lit up by the name and health overlay.

Respawns can be pretty aggressive. The two players that died at the start, were also the two that died at the beginning, they likely only had a few seconds to get their footing before they faced a very similar situation to that which killed them before.

I think it's also a good example of what I was talking about to Cobalt Izuna before. I don't feel that I could have done the same with an Hemlock, moving between targets in-air like that and killing them so consistently, I wouldn't have been able to snap to targets fast enough to keep momentum with something like the Hemlock. SMGs are the king of this playstyle.

iddqd

I also had a very close game like that too. We lost by dozens. It was down to who could bank first.

Why try to goose with the terrible Leadwall when you can just slash them out of the air. Those boosters are so visible in cloak. And I saw someone running with a battery and cloak. They're so obvious!

The last part actually annoys me, I wish CLOAK would stay invisible (during boosts) for someone in a Titan.
You can show it to other players but lets not make it too easy for the big robot.

Izuna

Banned
Stalkers are a garbage idea. As are Reapers. Screw these minions that you can't really fight as a Pilot. Boring af.

God I wish Amped Hardpoint wasn't in this playlist... FFS

E92 M3

Idk why you guys are complaining about new players. The alternative is SBMM and that shit is abhorrent. Id rather have a team of noobs. Im so scared Respawn will turn it on because they think people want it.

Izuna

Banned
Same here, hopefully Respawn considers an Attrition only Angel City playlist, or at least Attrition & Bounty Hunt.

They're trying to hard to sell people on this trash mode. A mode where you either rolfstomp because you're in a party, or it's hopeless to win because your team doesn't have any campers in it.

Not to mention the fact that you don't get any points for killing people... -______-

EL CUCO

I think Hardpoint is great, but I'm not too sure about the whole "Amped" mechanic. I enjoy the mode because it's a nice change of pace. I run a lot in all the other game modes, 1 mode for decompressing while capping zones is welcomed (FTR: I play a lot of Mixtape)

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Can someone clarify - are the Prime Titan skins supposed to be $3.99 or $4.99?

I think it's $4.99...

Idk why you guys are complaining about new players. The alternative is SBMM and that shit is abhorrent. Id rather have a team of noobs. Im so scared Respawn will turn it on because they think people want it.

I'm good with newbies. :) The more people playing, the better. Close to 25K online now on PS4 already. Hopefully, more pick it up. The bigger takeaway here is, the player population is growing. Free weekend or not, there are more players on PS4 last week than the previous week, which leads me to believe the game will have strong legs. It's up to Respawn to constantly add stuff so that the people that were playing from the start, continue playing it...and all the while new players are joining.

They're trying to hard to sell people on this trash mode. A mode where you either rolfstomp because you're in a party, or it's hopeless to win because your team doesn't have any campers in it.

Not to mention the fact that you don't get any points for killing people... -______-

Amp Hardpoint is the Breakout of Titanfall 2.

Izuna

Banned
I think it's incredible how casual and inaccessible Titanfall 2 is at the same time.

I've played with a few people since this trial and people's impressions range from "what the fuck why can a Titan go invisible... what am I supposed to do? Why did they take out rodeo?" to "lol I'm just cloaking and sniping bots, this game is easy"

I'm late in saying this, but I wish they did their best to make everyone understand Titanfall 1's MP, rather than changing the focus. Now when people say "it's just Black Ops 3" it's really hard to dispute that without going into specifics.

E92 M3

I think it's incredible how casual and inaccessible Titanfall 2 is at the same time.

I've played with a few people since this trial and people's impressions range from "what the fuck why can a Titan go invisible... what am I supposed to do? Why did they take out rodeo?" to "lol I'm just cloaking and sniping bots, this game is easy"

I'm late in saying this, but I wish they did their best to make everyone understand Titanfall 1's MP, rather than changing the focus. Now when people say "it's just Black Ops 3" it's really hard to dispute that without going into specifics.

It's nothing close to Black Ops 3, though. Titanfall is a "pc like game" on the consoles not everyone will understand it when all they play is cod and battlefield. I think of TF as the Dark Souls of shooters. Very good at the niche it fulfills and it looks like the sales are picking up too.

People didn't understand Dark Souls either.

KodaRuss

Amp Hardpoint is the Breakout of Titanfall 2.

Bounty Hunt is the best. I really dont like playing Attrition or Amped Hardpoint compared to BH at all. Attrition gets crap with spawn points if you trap the other team into an end of the map. That needs to be fixed or something.

Amped Hardpoint is alright but I havent played enough of it I guess. I have lost games badly before and felt like we held the points more often and longer than thw other team.

KodaRuss

Cloak feels like a waste now, its so easy to see. Probably going to switch to stim or phase shift.

Maybe Ill give holo Pilot a shot.

Top Bottom