• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Alright gaf been playing since launch but been in a friends network, figure i'd finally branch out to the gaf network too. What are scorch users running after the update? the inferno shield or the new one that adds flames on the ground to its core ability? Been going back and forth. I miss the longer shield more when i dont have it but the improved core ability can wreck a group of titans in the right situation

The new kit is literally useless, keep your thermal shield enhancement.

PvP is a poop mode regardless, but yeah, sentries have to be stupid in that mode. I personally use the Hemlock because I don't really like the accuracy in this game for the C.A.R. etc. I get that some weapons had great hip-fire for longer ranges, but I still think R1 C.A.R. was the perfect balance for my personal preference. I kinda hate setting a camper on the other side of the screen and he has a G2/Hemlock and I don't. But then again, if they nerf those weapons, there'd be no point in using them. Dunno.

I think it's time to read the comment where I mentioned Ticks. I'm not complaining about them, just confused by their decision to include such a thing.

I feel like it was mostly people who didn't have an Xbox complaining about the game. At the very least, that's what we considered in the R1 OT. People who never played the game would say "lol, bots, what an easy game". SMH

Because 8/10 times the team I'm with will choose Genji, Mcree, Hanzo, Soldier. 76 and if I'm lucky, a D.Va too.

If someone is kind enough to be a healer and I pick something else (like say, the ONLY Tank/Defense in the team), eventually that Healer will say fuck it and switch to Tracer.

You only said ticks were annoying. No biggie.I think our exchange blew it out of proportion . Good to know where you stand, overall. You should use R1>>>>>R2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everything else on console as a disclaimer, lol.

jorgejjvr

The demo convinced me gaf

What is the best deal on ps4 for this game right now?

So weird the standard one is not available on Amazon

FLCxa9A.gif

The last two players I kill in this clip are the same two players I kill through the smoke with the double spray. A failure of the games spawn system, I guess, it could have, and should have spawned them a little further back..
Very nice. I'd be pissed if I was that guy who spawned in your way again. Talk about shit luck.

This is off the top of my head...
I'm sure there's more, and some stuff that would have been changed anyway, but there's that. Now, not every post is me asking for changes (like when I talk about Ticks and Sentries not making the game any more fun for anyone), but there are still some things I really want changing. This is a discussion forum, this is the platform, as a fan, my voice may or may not get heard.

• Ability to remove red flashes in Radar (or adjust transparency)
  • Remove film grain (was supposed to make it in)
  • Reaper collision detection sorted out
  • SOMETHING done about Complex (it's no one's favourite that's for sure)
  • Custom Playlists
  • Performance update (since Angel City + FoV slider runs bad)
  • Reaper Attrition Points not stolen by friendly AI
  • Networks to be better (why is there no text chat on console?)
  • Networks to either tell you what region people are in, or for Network invites to work for multiple regions (maybe the invitation can say what region it comes from?)
  • Attrition to have more points for Minion kills (preferably with more Minions) and for Skirmish to be its own Playlist
*First Person Titan Entry

That is all I want for Christmas.

Discobird

Trying to figure out the best use case for Smart Core. It never crits on Titans as far as I can tell, so I'd rather be aiming manually against them. I have no problem manually killing or goosing single pilots either. It's amazing at quickly killing multiple pilots in a row, but whenever I come across that situation the pilots have usually broken LOS by the time the animation finishes. So I usually end up using it when (1) the enemy Titans are ignoring me and facing the other way so I can't get a crit anyway or (2) there's a mixed battlefield with pilots running around in the same field of view as Titans and I want to kill the pilots as quickly as possible so I can get back to shooting the Titans. Smart Core is so bad against other Titans that I have a hard time using it otherwise. Maybe I need to get better at activating it preemptively before I turn the corner and see a screen full of pilots. How do you guys use Smart Core?

Makikou

This game really needs some fucking matchmaking.

We are playing as a 3 of new players, we get matches with 5 new players vs. people with Regeneration 2-5.

Man it sure is fun getting raped in the ass..

Oh!

And sentries ruin this game imo.

SwolBro

Banned
This game really needs some fucking matchmaking.

We are playing as a 3 of new players, we get matches with 5 new players vs. people with Regeneration 2-5.

Man it sure is fun getting raped in the ass..

Oh!

And sentries ruin this game imo.

People come into this thinking it's COD and then they realize it's not. It can be scary and i agree the matchmaking is bad. Respawn has never been able to put together a decent matchmaking system.

Sentries are the worst. This should be the next nerf. The fact that sentries are just now becoming a serious problem shows you the psychology behind shooters online. People will always gravitate towards the easiest cheapest way to increase their kill count. These are things i would assume developers would have picked up on by now. Here we are 15+ years after the dawn of FPS on consoles and developers still don't know how to prevent crap like this from proliferating throughout their games.

Gator86

Trying to figure out the best use case for Smart Core. It never crits on Titans as far as I can tell, so I'd rather be aiming manually against them. I have no problem manually killing or goosing single pilots either. It's amazing at quickly killing multiple pilots in a row, but whenever I come across that situation the pilots have usually broken LOS by the time the animation finishes. So I usually end up using it when (1) the enemy Titans are ignoring me and facing the other way so I can't get a crit anyway or (2) there's a mixed battlefield with pilots running around in the same field of view as Titans and I want to kill the pilots as quickly as possible so I can get back to shooting the Titans. Smart Core is so bad against other Titans that I have a hard time using it otherwise. Maybe I need to get better at activating it preemptively before I turn the corner and see a screen full of pilots. How do you guys use Smart Core?

Smart core is good for when you get to shoot with little distraction. For example, in a big titan fight where you can use or two allies for cover, you can do a lot of damage. But yeah, it's kind of insane a Legion using his core loses a straight dps fight against a Tone just mindlessly going through her rotation.

Makikou

People come into this thinking it's COD and then they realize it's not. It can be scary and i agree the matchmaking is bad. Respawn has never been able to put together a decent matchmaking system.

Sentries are the worst. This should be the next nerf. The fact that sentries are just now becoming a serious problem shows you the psychology behind shooters online. People will always gravitate towards the easiest cheapest way to increase their kill count. These are things i would assume developers would have picked up on by now. Here we are 15+ years after the dawn of FPS on consoles and developers still don't know how to prevent crap like this from proliferating throughout their games.

Ya, I mean, we're not even level 10 and getting matched up with Regeneration 2-5 players. They know how the gamemodes and all the mechanics work. We're just figuring it out still and it is not fun doing that when the enemy is almost holding 3 flags on Amped Hardpoint or dominating Bounty Hunt or anything.. Not to speak of then having another 2-3 clueless persons playing alone in our team against very experienced players.

The game's fun and we're enjoying it when we get a good match but the moment you can already see the stomp beginning you just want to quit.

The sentry is bad just because it kind of kills the flow of the game. There's a lot of stuff already than can do Area Denial very well and the Sentry is just a pain in the ass extra that doesn't serve anyone's interest IMO.

SwolBro

Banned
Any time something is introduced intro MP during a design process i always assumed basic questions were asked

1. Is it rewarding?
  2. Can it be abused?
  3. Does it promote movement?
  4. Does it break the flow of the game?
These are some basic questions i've always assumed would be asked in a round table meeting but apparently they're not. Because when it comes to the sentry turret it fails each of those questions.

1. Is the sentry turret fun? NO
  2. Is the sentry turret rewarding to use? NO
  3. Can the sentry turret be abused? YES
  4. Does the sentry turret promote movement? NO
  5. Does the sentry turret break the flow of the game? YES
And here we are with this stupid sentry turret lol

Gator86

I wish the stats page gave actually useful information instead of just being a rehash of the graphics from 1. K/D with weapon equipped, accuracy, headshot accuracy, shots per kill, average kills per minute, etc. Some other metrics would actually provide information as to how you're doing.

Averaging 180ish points per Attrition game today but can't get a win. New players, please, halp

E92 M3

Ya, I mean, we're not even level 10 and getting matched up with Regeneration 2-5 players. They know how the gamemodes and all the mechanics work. We're just figuring it out still and it is not fun doing that when the enemy is almost holding 3 flags on Amped Hardpoint or dominating Bounty Hunt or anything.. Not to speak of then having another 2-3 clueless persons playing alone in our team against very experienced players.

The game's fun and we're enjoying it when we get a good match but the moment you can already see the stomp beginning you just want to quit.

The sentry is bad just because it kind of kills the flow of the game. There's a lot of stuff already than can do Area Denial very well and the Sentry is just a pain in the ass extra that doesn't serve anyone's interest IMO.

You play more you will get better. Matchmaking is fine. That's how it's always been with new shooters. Also, the best weapons are unlocked early.

Gator86

Keep at it, fellow pilot. Like others said, our pick it up quickly. Sometimes you're gonna wind up in a stomp but you can actually learn a lot from those. What are those players using, where are they attacking from, etc. A lot of useful info comes from those killcams.

Also, I joked about it the other day, but I actually won a 6 on 1 today. I took out 3 titans and the other started backing off as our team called more. The TTK of titan play is terrific. It doesn't matter who sees who first. If I outplay you, your titan is fucking scrap.

Izuna

Banned
x = (( desiredwinpercentage * total played ) - games won) / ( 1 - desiredwinpercentage)

where x is how many games you need to win in a row to get your desired win percentage

OR run this python code

http://ideone.com/ -- pick Python

Code:
def WinPercentage(wins, totalGames, desiredWinPercentage):
    winsNeeded = ((desiredWinPercentage * totalGames) - wins ) / (1 - desiredWinPercentage)
    return winsNeeded

Plug in your deets

Lulu23

Are all maps playable in Attrition? Nearing Level 20 and haven't seen Black Water Canal once.

Also, AI is only in Attrition and Bounty Hunt, right? Loved Hardpoint in the first game but with the missing AI and the stupid amping (why would I want to camp a flag in this game?) it's not really fun anymore.

Menome

I have to agree. The current method is one of the very few things in video games that makes me feel a degree of motion sickness.

Going first-person > third-person > first-person sequenced boot-up windows is too jarring. I could likely handle it if my eyes were able to just keep their attention fixed centre-screen without the third-person camera-spin in the midst of it all.

Any time something is introduced intro MP during a design process i always assumed basic questions were asked

1. Is it rewarding?
  2. Can it be abused?
  3. Does it promote movement?
  4. Does it break the flow of the game?
These are some basic questions i've always assumed would be asked in a round table meeting but apparently they're not. Because when it comes to the sentry turret it fails each of those questions.

1. Is the sentry turret fun? NO
  2. Is the sentry turret rewarding to use? NO
  3. Can the sentry turret be abused? YES
  4. Does the sentry turret promote movement? NO
  5. Does the sentry turret break the flow of the game? YES
And here we are with this stupid sentry turret lol
It's only a pvp issue. Maybe they should take them out of pvp instead of balancing a game around one of the least played modes
Edit: Maybe removing all boosts from pvp would be better. More of a hardcore bare-bones mode. I would probably play it more if so. Remove radar too

KiDdYoNe

Never played the first one. Got not a single kill in my first match of trial.

But I really wanted to play that trial and probably gonna end up buying the game.
Anyone on PS4 wants to play with noob? I am in Europe and gonna play for about 2 hours or more since the post. If anyone wants to join, I'd love to play with gaffers!

PSN: KiD_rus

Playing Angel City makes me really miss Overgrowth, Nexus, and Smuggler's Cove.

Seconded. And first person executions!
The holopilot is not that far from being usable and awesome but they need to make the holograms less fragile.
I was having pretty good luck with it last night while using the EVA-8. Not sure if that was because of the new players, though.

Xero

I always run holo on hardpoint love it. Great for flushing out camping pilots. I had my scorch say on eject "second star on the right"

Discobird

OH MY GOD! Ronin text you "See you space cowboy" in the bottom when you eject! Has that always been there?

They added this in the last patch I think.

Smart core is good for when you get to shoot with little distraction. For example, in a big titan fight where you can use or two allies for cover, you can do a lot of damage. But yeah, it's kind of insane a Legion using his core loses a straight dps fight against a Tone just mindlessly going through her rotation.

That reminds me, I need to start abusing the fact that Legion can shoot through friendly Titans with his primary (not the power shot). I think he's the only Titan that can do this.

ERMint13

I'm getting wrecked in multiplayer. This isn't like me but I'm still enjoying it.

Is there any youtubers who give good pvp info to help you grow?

Top Bottom