• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

They're trying to hard to sell people on this trash mode. A mode where you either rolfstomp because you're in a party, or it's hopeless to win because your team doesn't have any campers in it.

Not to mention the fact that you don't get any points for killing people... -______-
I play hardpoint all the time and you dont need to camp to win. It is more team based and talking on your mic is required. It's a good mode and a greatchange of pace from the others

iddqd

Cloak feels like a waste now, its so easy to see. Probably going to switch to stim or phase shift.

Maybe Ill give holo Pilot a shot.

I'm thinking Phase Shift, gotta save up that cash though, took all my credits to buy weapons and other things after the reset.

Cloak still gives that split second of a heads up going in a firefight but its lost all of its "oh shit, quick escape" bonus when dealing with Titans.

Keihart

Have i told you guys how much i enjoy using the softball?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Also, Angel City is the best map now, thank respawn for that playlist.

Izuna

Banned
Played a team that rocked 3 Northstars. They got destroyed, though.

I think Nuclear may be game breaking in Bounty Hunt. Was a bit lame that the AI Bounty Tone Goosed me, though. :/

Idk why you guys are complaining about new players. The alternative is SBMM and that shit is abhorrent. Id rather have a team of noobs. Im so scared Respawn will turn it on because they think people want it.
Yeah, a few people here are starting to sound toxic. It's a game with a learning curve. Hell, i bet half of you didn't even know that if you hold down phase shift button with Ronin and pilot, itstays active longer

Keihart

Played a team that rocked 3 Northstars. They got destroyed, though.

I think Nuclear may be game breaking in Bounty Hunt. Was a bit lame that the AI Bounty Tone Goosed me, though. :/

I agree with Nuclear Ejection being broken in BH, in fact i think there should be some bans of abilities or kits or what not that was game type dependant.

Like turrets in pilot vs pilot and nuclear ejection in BH.

Izuna

Banned
I agree with Nuclear Ejection being broken in BH, in fact i think there should be some bans of abilities or kits or what not that was game type dependant.

Like turrets in pilot vs pilot and nuclear ejection in BH.

I don't think they should do anything about it. It's just about the only bit of fun I get in this game lol. I think if Bounty Hunt wasn't here I just wouldn't ever play R2.

It's a shame because... they need to scale back for R3 to be a good game. All these abilities are stupid. Some are just downright annoying. Ticks, Sentries etc.

Hell, i bet half of you didn't even know that if you hold down phase shift button with Ronin and pilot, itstays active longer

??????

edit: you're lying

Keihart

I don't think they should do anything about it. It's just about the only bit of fun I get in this game lol. I think if Bounty Hunt wasn't here I just wouldn't ever play R2.

It's a shame because... they need to scale back for R3 to be a good game. All these abilities are stupid. Some are just downright annoying. Ticks, Sentries etc.

??????

Don't get me wrong, i love BH. But the mode breaks when you have a team exploiting this loopholes like nuclear ejecting against bounties.

??????
I was joking about the phase shift. Im almost gen 5 and am still learning new things about the game. People need to go easier on the noobs. This game has a lot more going on under the surface than most shooters.

Serious question : why keep playing and posting here if you hate so much about the game? TF1 is still active. First time i've heard someone complain about ticks. Do they get spammed in BH?

TF1 is not active on ps4
Luckily, he's not a ps4 player.

For those complaing about getting stomped by teams, that's how it goes in most mp games. Try playing tlou or r6 solo against a team... : (
at least tlou had no parties mode. Would that work in tf2?

Edit: Does nuclear give yo a free titan vs a bounty? If so, that's the issue. It still doesn't seem game breaking, just part of the BH meta. Could be wrong though, i don't play bh a ton

Dubz

Idk why you guys are complaining about new players. The alternative is SBMM and that shit is abhorrent. Id rather have a team of noobs. Im so scared Respawn will turn it on because they think people want it.
I'd like to know why people hate SBMM.

I was joking about the phase shift. Im almost gen 5 and am still learning new things about the game. People need to go easier on the noobs. This game has a lot more going on under the surface than most shooters.

Serious question : why keep playing and posting here if you hate so much about the game? TF1 is still active. First time i've heard someone complain about ticks. Do they get spammed in BH?

I personally hope that Cobalt is not the person making OT 2 because of how negative his posts are. I don't dislike Cobalt but he's the most negative poster in this thread (and also the most active) and that tends to ruin these OTs. He also plays the game a lot for someone who seems to dislike it so much.

As for things like Ticks, I dislike them too but disliking something and discussing the pros and cons of its design is different to incessant complaining. It's not like they're a big deal but you should be able to detonate them while they're jumping and whatnot. There are portions of their animation that are seemingly immune to bullets, and I think that's silly.

As for what they actually do, they're okay. They can catch people off guard from time to time but I think if anything they promote mobility which is good, they only really kill campers. So if they adjusted their invulnerability, I'd be happy with them.

I posted my view on this a few pages back which at the time some others seemed to agree with. So at least for myself, it serves as a good explanation.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=225852242&postcount=17121

Join in progress? I want to leave.

Seriously?

Thank god for me.

I get the point but why did we need the three images? The second one doesn't even show anything. We get it, you want to leave if a match is joined in progress.

With that said, if you've already joined, then you can't lose anything else, so why not just play it out? The match you joined wasn't even uneven, and you'd be doing your team mates a big favour if you helped them out, someone has to be there, so why not you? I get that no one wants to join a match that they are destined to lose because of the state of the game, but that wasn't the case in the image you showed us. You could have just played it out, taken the win, and started a fresh game right after.

E92 M3

Chrono made a really good post why SBMM is complete garbage and kills games outside of Ranked Playlist. I would quit in a heartbeat if Titanfall enabled heavy SBMM. Not dealing with that crap anymore.

Izuna

Banned

This is off the top of my head...

List of things GAF has complained about and got changed:
  • Attrition is in
  • Ammo refill when you enter/exit Titans
  • Speed/Momentum building fixed
  • Cloak changed
  • Map Hack no longer STUPID
  • Tone no longer extremely OP
  • Legion no longer hilariously OP (though he got hit a little hard)
  • Better controls for sensitivity etc.
  • FoV slider for consoles
  • Mixtape on the front-page
  • Landing a Titan on a Bounty titan now gives you all of its Bounty
  • Northstar's core no longer stupid useless

I'm sure there's more, and some stuff that would have been changed anyway, but there's that. Now, not every post is me asking for changes (like when I talk about Ticks and Sentries not making the game any more fun for anyone), but there are still some things I really want changing. This is a discussion forum, this is the platform, as a fan, my voice may or may not get heard.

• Ability to remove red flashes in Radar (or adjust transparency)
  • Remove film grain (was supposed to make it in)
  • Reaper collision detection sorted out
  • SOMETHING done about Complex (it's no one's favourite that's for sure)
  • Custom Playlists
  • Performance update (since Angel City + FoV slider runs bad)
  • Reaper Attrition Points not stolen by friendly AI
  • Networks to be better (why is there no text chat on console?)
  • Networks to either tell you what region people are in, or for Network invites to work for multiple regions (maybe the invitation can say what region it comes from?)
  • Attrition to have more points for Minion kills (preferably with more Minions) and for Skirmish to be its own Playlist

No_Style

Glad to hear Angel City is now part of the regular rotation. I never played it before and while I enjoyed it, I hate playing the same map over and over again no matter how good it is.

As someone who never played the first TitanFall, I actually like the spectrum of the maps in TitanFall 2.

Some like Crash Site feel like meat grinders with little to no wall running opportunities while Homestead reminds me a lot of Modern Warfare's Bloc with a lot of flanking required to destabilize entrenched players in the early minutes during Attrition. Maps also funnel Titan vs Titan battles into different areas on different maps. Different maps also shift the advantage of battle between Titan and Pilot.

But it was missing an Angel City styled map with more verticality and mobility for Pilots and I can totally see why fans of the first game cried foul when such a style of map did not exist in TitanFall 2.

Izuna

Banned
I really hope Cobalt is not the person making OT 2. I don't dislike Cobalt but he's the most negative poster here and that tends to ruin these OTs. He also plays the game a lot for someone who seems to dislike it so much.

I don't see what posting my impressions has anything to do with making OT2. I was going to give it the exact same treatment as R1's OT2. Showcase highlights, link to guides (and updated FAQs for modes) and use the most popular OT title (which is "Whatever the **** that means.")

It's a good thing that OTs aren't just a circle jerk of praise for a game. Besides, when that happens, OTs die. There's no discussion, no real responses, and no reason for Respawn to check out the thread.

Look at the R1 OT, with ALL the Smart Pistol and Arc Cannon talk.

I post a mix of content. Impressions, good or bad (mostly negative, sure), organising Xbox One groups and gifs. If you'd rather I posted "man I love this game" every now and then, then just set me to ignore.

And looking at the Stats people have posted, I've played this game less most other regular posters. And there's a real reason for that.

Dubz

Chrono made a really good post why SBMM is complete garbage and kills games outside of Ranked Playlist. I would quit in a heartbeat if Titanfall enabled heavy SBMM. Not dealing with that crap anymore.
I read the post, and it is a good argument. I agree that SBMM should be relegated to ranked. Thanks for the post, Chrono.

Izuna

Banned
I get the point but why did we need the three images? The second one doesn't even show anything. We get it, you want to leave if a match is joined in progress.

With that said, if you've already joined, then you can't lose anything else, so why not just play it out? The match you joined wasn't even uneven, and you'd be doing your team mates a big favour if you helped them out, someone has to be there, so why not you? I get that no one wants to join a match that they are destined to lose because of the state of the game, but that wasn't the case in the image you showed us. You could have just played it out, taken the win, and started a fresh game right after.

I don't like playing in-progress games regardless. Usually, there's no smoke without fire, so there might be a reason why the slot was open in the first place. I think if you join any game late, even if it's $500 Bounty down, you should be able to leave.

I've joined games where the Attrition score was even, but it was half way through the game. The other team ALL had Titans and it was basically impossible.

As I said, if you simply HATE my posts, just ignore me?

KodaRuss

• Attrition is in
  • Cloak changed

I'm sure there's more, and some stuff that would have been changed anyway, but there's that. Now, not every post is me asking for changes (like when I talk about Ticks and Sentries not making the game any more fun for anyone), but there are still some things I really want changing. This is a discussion forum, this is the platform, as a fan, my voice may or may not get heard.

• Ability to remove red flashes in Radar (or adjust transparency)
  • Remove film grain (was supposed to make it in)
  • Reaper collision detection sorted out
  • SOMETHING done about Complex (it's no one's favourite that's for sure)
  • Custom Playlists
  • Performance update (since Angel City + FoV slider runs bad)
  • Reaper Attrition Points not stolen by friendly AI
  • Networks to be better (why is there no text chat on console?)
  • Networks to either tell you what region people are in, or for Network invites to work for multiple regions (maybe the invitation can say what region it comes from?)
  • Attrition to have more points for Minion kills (preferably with more Minions) and for Skirmish to be its own Playlist

There are so many different things in this game it is good to talk about what may be overpowered or not. It is good to see how much has changed in the game since the tech test to a month into the game.

I am not sure if there is anything I would say is overpowered or whatever.

Ticks really seem fine, the explosion seems kinda large even if you shoot them (not sure if that even affects the damage radius). I don't see them enough and find them pretty easy to take out safely .

There might be an adjustment needed for nuclear kills on the bounty Titan in BH. I have definitely exploited that by blowing my Titan on top of the Bounty TItan and getting my Titan back. I think it is ok against players but against he Bounty Titan it seems a little too easy to get a ton of cash quickly

Izuna

Banned
Luckily, he's not a ps4 player.

For those complaing about getting stomped by teams, that's how it goes in most mp games. Try playing tlou or r6 solo against a team... : (
at least tlou had no parties mode. Would that work in tf2?

Edit: Does nuclear give yo a free titan vs a bounty? If so, that's the issue. It still doesn't seem game breaking, just part of the BH meta. Could be wrong though, i don't play bh a ton

Yeah, you get a free Titan for doing it... even if it doesn't kill the Bounty (I think Orge and Atlas classes survive with a bit of health).

I don't see how they would balance around it. Maybe make the AI move out the way of Nuclear more? But then Northstar can still put the tether down.

• Attrition is in
  • Cloak changed

Great!!! so you like the game??? I'm still not sure. Complaints are valid but i was asking you specifically about why ticks suck. Is it a BH thing? I find it weird that you are on your way to gen 5 but implied there was nothing good about this game besides BH and even that sucked. I'm only a few lvls higher than you and have never prestiged this much in any shooter i loved, let alone one i didn't like. I also asked if nuclear grants a free titan vs a bounty...

We all have ideas for tweaks and adjustment, as no game is perfect, it's just that you seem unreasonably negative a lot of the time. I dont know if you hate the game and am puzzled to why you would put so much time into it and discussing it, if so.

No_Style

For me, it depends on the implementation. There needs to be huge buckets for a game like this. Beginners, Intermediate and Advanced where Advanced players and Beginners rarely mix. Overwatch's Quick Play comes to mind.

I'm pretty happy with the matchmaking so far. There are issues with parties sticking together still but when I'm playing by myself it's fine. In solo matches, I'm winning or losing in close matches.

Izuna

Banned
There are so many different things in this game it is good to talk about what may be overpowered or not. It is good to see how much has changed in the game since the tech test to a month into the game.

I am not sure if there is anything I would say is overpowered or whatever.

Ticks really seem fine, the explosion seems kinda large even if you shoot them (not sure if that even affects the damage radius). I don't see them enough and find them pretty easy to take out safely .

There might be an adjustment needed for nuclear kills on the bounty Titan in BH. I have definitely exploited that by blowing my Titan on top of the Bounty TItan and getting my Titan back. I think it is ok against players but against he Bounty Titan it seems a little too easy to get a ton of cash quickly

Ticks aren't overpowered, nor are Sentries. I think the post I made referring to them was to say that I don't understand their addition. The player who gets a kill with the tick doesn't feel super rewarded, and the player who dies by it feel like it was really random. I think a Tick has killed me less than 10 times. Most of the time I don't know what Boosts the other team has unless I see Map Hack pop up. It's variety for variety sake really.

I really mean it, I don't want the Nuclear killing Bounties to change. Eventually more player will know how to do it and it'll be a broken mode, but for now it's really the most fun I'm getting. I'm sure Respawn is already thinking about it though. It's no pre-patch Legion Smart Core though... and Honestly... Without Nuclear, some Titans just don't have the Core Ability to be balanced with killing a Bounty quick enough.

Legion, for example, takes the longest to kill a Bounty. So long, in fact, that you can be the only close Titan to a Bounty and still not get much more money than another Team who jumps in the fight much later.

KingV

Cloak feels like a waste now, its so easy to see. Probably going to switch to stim or phase shift.

I actually would have been ok if they made cloak a little harder to see but you lose it when you fire for good.

It should give you an advantage, the problem was when it was a continuous one

Izuna

Banned
Great!!! so you like the game??? I'm still not sure. Complaints are valid but i was asking you specifically about why ticks suck. Is it a BH thing? I find it weird that you are on your way to gen 5 but implied there was nothing good about this game besides BH and even that sucked. I'm only a few lvls higher than you and have never prestiged this much in any shooter i loved, let alone one i didn't like. I also asked if nuclear grants a free titan vs a bounty...

We all have ideas for tweaks and adjustment, as no game is perfect, it's just that you seem unreasonably negative a lot of the time. I dont know if you hate the game and am puzzled to why you would put so much time into it and discussing it, if so.

I hope you can forgive my hyperbole sometimes.

If you want my true opinion. R1>>>>R2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everything else that's active on console

I picked up Overwatch recently but I've discovered it's REALLY terrible in solo queue, and I don't have the opportunity to play in a 6 stack so it isn't something I can play.

I believe R2 can eventually match R1 and possible be an overall better package once the maps are sorted and Titan balance is a bit better. Those things are incredibly difficult to pull off, though, so I have my finger's crossed.

I use it for whst it was intended for and it is still good for taking out titans. I also like it for homstead because i can get through the open spaces unnoticed and disappear when being shot at longer range

No_Style

Ticks aren't overpowered, nor are Sentries. I think the post I made referring to them was to say that I don't understand their addition. The player who gets a kill with the tick doesn't feel super rewarded, and the player who dies by it feel like it was really random. I think a Tick has killed me less than 10 times. Most of the time I don't know what Boosts the other team has unless I see Map Hack pop up. It's variety for variety sake really.

Are you really surprised by their inclusion? Automated kill streaks from the team that brought you Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare? And how would you know that Tick kills or Sentries aren't satisfying for every player out there? Not everyone is going to be able to rack up kills with their own two hands and judging by the popularity of Call of Duty, I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people out there who would be just fine deploying Ticks and Sentries to get themselves free kills because they "earned" the Boost and are cashing in on them.

Judging by your list of gripes against TitanFall 2, it sounds like you want to transform this game into the modern day Quake III or Unreal Tournament 99 where it's man vs man and skill vs skill and that's it. But this isn't that type of game at all, the very nature of having Titans vs Pilots destroys the very notion of a fair fight.

SwolBro

Banned
So I don't know if it's just me but I'm like 20-2 in colosseum all time. Am I just getting lucky or are people just bad at it?
It's not you, they're bad. i wish your win/loss was shown in the stats. i've lost only a handful of games and i've played a ton of it.

I think it's also a good example of what I was talking about to Cobalt Izuna before. I don't feel that I could have done the same with an Hemlock, moving between targets in-air like that and killing them so consistently, I wouldn't have been able to snap to targets fast enough to keep momentum with something like the Hemlock. SMGs are the king of this playstyle.
Exactly why Respawn should be promoting this type of gameplay over long range engagements. Fuck the hemlock and G2A

Ticks aren't overpowered, nor are Sentries. .
Sentries are overpowered on PvP. It ruins the mode. Even if the sentry doesn't kill you it distracts you, damages you, and prevents you from moving into specific areas. They take forever to kill with anything but a sniper or hemlock/g2a and that gives those specific AR's even more power and weight.

And why the hell are you complaining about Ticks? I love the ticks. They're hilarious. I never use them but dying from them i always laugh, especially when it starts chasing me, pauses, and starts again and then i die from it's buddy behind me. I get pissed for a moment but then laugh about it with a "you gotta be fucking kidding me"

What the hell is going on with the checkpoint system in this game? Last time I played I died in the
test subject arena before you go against Ash
. When I died it took me back like 15 minutes prior, even though it would seem like that section should clearly have been a checkpoint. Now I start it up today and hit 'continue' and I'm even further back. I go back to the main menu to see if i can reload from the latest checkpoint and now it will only start me at the beginning of the level? Is there no way to jump to my furthest reached checkpoint??

Izuna

Banned
Why is attrition score changed to 475? That's so weird.

Yeah... It feels weird. I guess it was their way of stopping time outs...

They said they could add as many minions as they wanted, why not do that instead? ;(

Judging by your list of gripes against TitanFall 2, it sounds like you want to transform this game into the modern day Quake III or Unreal Tournament 99 where it's man vs man and skill vs skill and that's it. But this isn't that type of game at all, the very nature of having Titans vs Pilots destroys the very notion of a fair fight.

I'm confused, what in my list makes you say that? Most of them are merely fixed or QoL updates. Nothing to do with balance at all.

Reebot

Yeah... It feels weird. I guess it was their way of stopping time outs...

They said they could add as many minions as they wanted, why not do that instead? ;(

Attrition feels dead compared to Titanfall 1, needs much more AI.

The flack Titanfall 1 got for including AI in its modes was some of the all time worst video game criticism. People willfully refused to understand their inclusion and now its gone.

Why do you say that?

Not him, but I feel the same. You can single-handed stomp in Titanfall 2, not so much in Overwatch - and its never fun to feel shackled by a team.

Izuna

Banned
Sentries are overpowered on PvP. It ruins the mode. Even if the sentry doesn't kill you it distracts you, damages you, and prevents you from moving into specific areas. They take forever to kill with anything but a sniper or hemlock/g2a and that gives those specific AR's even more power and weight.

And why the hell are you complaining about Ticks? I love the ticks. They're hilarious. I never use them but dying from them i always laugh, especially when it starts chasing me, pauses, and starts again and then i die from it's buddy behind me. I get pissed for a moment but then laugh about it with a "you gotta be fucking kidding me"

PvP is a poop mode regardless, but yeah, sentries have to be stupid in that mode. I personally use the Hemlock because I don't really like the accuracy in this game for the C.A.R. etc. I get that some weapons had great hip-fire for longer ranges, but I still think R1 C.A.R. was the perfect balance for my personal preference. I kinda hate setting a camper on the other side of the screen and he has a G2/Hemlock and I don't. But then again, if they nerf those weapons, there'd be no point in using them. Dunno.

I think it's time to read the comment where I mentioned Ticks. I'm not complaining about them, just confused by their decision to include such a thing.

The flack Titanfall 1 got for including AI in its modes was some of the all time worst video game criticism. People willfully refused to understand their inclusion and now its gone.

I feel like it was mostly people who didn't have an Xbox complaining about the game. At the very least, that's what we considered in the R1 OT. People who never played the game would say "lol, bots, what an easy game". SMH

Why do you say that?

Because 8/10 times the team I'm with will choose Genji, Mcree, Hanzo, Soldier. 76 and if I'm lucky, a D.Va too.

If someone is kind enough to be a healer and I pick something else (like say, the ONLY Tank/Defense in the team), eventually that Healer will say fuck it and switch to Tracer.

KodaRuss

The flack Titanfall 1 got for including AI in its modes was some of the all time worst video game criticism. People willfully refused to understand their inclusion and now its gone

Yeah, Attrition needs some work. I spend half the match looking and wondering where I need to go. It just feels empty all the time.

Xero

Alright gaf been playing since launch but been in a friends network, figure i'd finally branch out to the gaf network too. What are scorch users running after the update? the inferno shield or the new one that adds flames on the ground to its core ability? Been going back and forth. I miss the longer shield more when i dont have it but the improved core ability can wreck a group of titans in the right situation

Not him, but I feel the same. You can single-handed stomp in Titanfall 2, not so much in Overwatch - and its never fun to feel shackled by a team.

It was people who didn't play the game that complained. Now, if only they had EDF tier chatter, this would have won goty

Top Bottom