• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Wrecked some guy this morning in Bounty Hunt. He spammed me throughout the entire match that he had reported me for lagging and I was going to get banned lol

Nothing better than some good hate mail.

Gator86

Sword Core seems to be rather mediocre, but maybe I'm being a noob.

I run Ronin the second most, usually wracking up kills, and I never, ever use sword core for the most part. It's fucking garbage. It locks you into one playstyle, directly on top of someone, and that's death for Ronin. If you try and be patient with it, it runs out pretty quick. You also can't execute with it and, because no one at Respawn remembers Ronin exists, that means you take at least a bar and change of damage for every Titan you kill because of their death explosion.

It's the only core I think is basically useless.

Izuna

Banned
What's the best way to use it? The damage exchange doesn't seem to be favorable for survivability.

Use it either when a Titan is distracted, or use Phase to go behind them. Sadly, Ronin can't Goose so barely trading is not a great idea (the biggest problem with the character). Use the Arc Wave to disorient them first.

IMO, it's not worth using on a Scorch specifically.

Izuna

Banned
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z3e07bwwyr9k480/Calculate.xlsx?dl=0

Use this excel sheet if you want to calculate these:
gW5qU2R.png

2aMqOuC.png

Just insert the numbers above the black line. The equations will work out the rest for you. (This is also assuming Player kills only means Pilot kills).

I have a quick question. If I buy the Dice Roll Boost, when I regenerate will it run through all the boosts or will it only go through the ones that are currently unlocked?

Izuna

Banned
I have a quick question. If I buy the Dice Roll Boost, when I regenerate will it run through all the boosts or will it only go through the ones that are currently unlocked?

All..

--

Just had a game where pretty much none of my team banked any fucking money... They only had to put in $20 to win the game in the last wave but instead they decided to stay in their Titans and do nothing.

And it was this day I found out that you shouldn't use Battery Boost if you're trying to Nuclear eject on Bounty Titans. Your health doesn't go down fast enough because they don't hit you hard enough.

Poop. Northstar is much better for this mode.

All..

--

Just had a game where pretty much none of my team banked any fucking money... They only had to put in $20 to win the game in the last wave but instead they decided to stay in their Titans and do nothing.

And it was this day I found out that you shouldn't use Battery Boost if you're trying to Nuclear eject on Bounty Titans. Your health doesn't go down fast enough because they don't hit you hard enough.

Poop. Northstar is much better for this mode.
Thanks

jeffc919

Really want to play Angel City, but not playing Bounty Hunt or even worse, hardpoint.

Same. Played probably 30+ matches since last night and it's not coming up in Attrition. Hopefully it's just a simple server side fix and somebody adds it soon.

jeffc919

Dude. For all you know that's some kid. Message a dev and abuse us, not the poor guy trying to figure out analog sticks. =)

That said; sorry you're getting frustrated. There's a lot of brand-new players tonight, so it could be bad luck. Feel free to PM me if you think it's been bad enough, I can forward your gamertag onto The Smart People and they can look at match histories.

Can also try forming a party with your network (or even the ADV network) and see what sort of band of miscreants you roll. ;)

Not to pile on, but just as an example my 7yo kid does play this game and he has had some brutal matches like this before. He loves the game and has a ton of fun with it even when he's getting crushed (unlike me), but I do worry about somebody sending him some awful message especially when I have some concerns about him having low self esteem at times. I should probably look into the parental controls and block messages if that's possible. I might have even already done that but can't remember.

Izuna

Banned
dude with the GT ShotaconLolicon using Ronin

reported :s

edit: his clanmate has the name fillmeoniichann... also using ronin

Gator86

I just need someone from Respawn to sit me down and explain to me, like I'm 5, why Ronin takes damage from enemy titans dying. He's forced into close range - it's mostly unavoidable damage. No matter how good a Ronin you are, the unrelenting bullshit damage you take will eventually kill you for no good reason. It's dumb.

E92 M3

Same. Played probably 30+ matches since last night and it's not coming up in Attrition. Hopefully it's just a simple server side fix and somebody adds it soon.

Yeah same here, might not be in some playlists.

Sword Core is awesome but you're guaranteed to take damage with it.

That's the worst part, unless from behind.

I run Ronin the second most, usually wracking up kills, and I never, ever use sword core for the most part. It's fucking garbage. It locks you into one playstyle, directly on top of someone, and that's death for Ronin. If you try and be patient with it, it runs out pretty quick. You also can't execute with it and, because no one at Respawn remembers Ronin exists, that means you take at least a bar and change of damage for every Titan you kill because of their death explosion.

It's the only core I think is basically useless.

They should buff it by allowing to do executions, that's the worst part.

Use it either when a Titan is distracted, or use Phase to go behind them. Sadly, Ronin can't Goose so barely trading is not a great idea (the biggest problem with the character). Use the Arc Wave to disorient them first.

IMO, it's not worth using on a Scorch specifically.

I killed a scorch from behind, felt good :p

I played Angel in mixtape yesterday.

Must be glitched in Attrition.

--

All in all, I am having the time of my life with Ronin.

Gator86

Absolutely. Sword Core should allow executions and just pause the timer. Ronin exists fundamentally at odds with most of the gameplay systems in TF2. He's still great, and maybe the most fun titan to use, but goddamn, the lack of any attention to detail or reality from the dev side when designing him is palpable.

Izuna

Banned
I think it can do executions... But you have to stop your combo first for it to work. Titan executions are basically broken imo. It's rare and random af.

I really wish Amped Hardpoint wasn't in Angel City 24/7 -- I don't want to touch that mode at all.

Gator86

I think it can do executions... But you have to stop your combo first for it to work. Titan executions are basically broken imo. It's rare and random af.

I really wish Amped Hardpoint wasn't in Angel City 24/7 -- I don't want to touch that mode at all.

Titan executions have been perfect for me since the patch. I applaud Respawn for nailing that. Missed executions were absolutely game breaking.

Izuna

Banned
Was in a winstreak until I went up against a 3 stack and had a team who never dropped their Titans (even though they had 3 in reserve).

Seriously wtf.

Gator86

Respawn can you PLEASE put Angel city in attrition so we can play the damn map in the gamemodes we want to play?

In my mind, the person who designed crash site and complex is in charge of the map rotation coding. Only way to explain why they're still coming up constantly instead of good stuff, like Angel City or literally anything else.

Izuna

Banned
Because of the map design, Phase Shift is necessary:

RZ7LObR.gif

Tone is BAE

9R5fbr2.gif

--

I kinda wish these stats were in at launch. I quit out of so much Complex, I will be stuck at 79% winrate forever.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
What's the deal with getting to the dropship after you lose a MP match? Like, does it provide any kind of benefit/reward?

jeffc919

What's the deal with getting to the dropship after you lose a MP match? Like, does it provide any kind of benefit/reward?

Just extra XP. There is a stat for evacuations too if you care about that. More often than not I just try to get kills. Pretty sure they still count in the epilogue even though they don't show up on post game report. I know they counted in TF1 (as far as your k/d that is, not the xp).

Top Bottom