• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Izuna

Banned
was a problem in the first game as well. it can be annoying lol

The worst thing is how you'll end up picking up some dudes Charge Rifle without realising, so when you exit your Titan it's like "shit..."

~~

Has anyone had any real mileage of Nuclear Explosion? I can't even trap AI Titans with it, they just walk out the way. I think the blast radius is screwed because some Titans are allowed to not have a dash ;(

~~

When will there be enough people for me to try Skirmish? ;(

---

So when I go a whole match and run out of Anti-Titan ammo, what do?

Animator

How does regenerations work in tf2?

It seems the guns have their own level and regen. Does a class level regen reset those to zero as well? I want to regen my pilot but don't feel like leveling up all the guns from scratch.

Izuna

Banned
How does regenerations work in tf2?

It seems the guns have their own level and regen. Does a class level regen reset those to zero as well? I want to regen my pilot but don't feel like leveling up all the guns from scratch.

I think you regen stuff individually and it gives you special skins for that gun/class etc. anything you unlock with merits stays forever whereas you'll have to unlock everything else again by levelling up.

Yes I know that sentence is horrible but Grammarly is okay with it so

drotahorror

Haven't touched the MP yet but loving the SP. I loved the MP in the first one, hope it's just as fun in this one. This interests me way more than BF1, which I was super hype for.

Izuna

Banned
ooh i have enough merits to buy any boost i want. any ideas for what's better than amped? i love amped for its anti-titan BS

--

;( I can't get a 8v8 Variety going

edit: I'm in!

What is the tether thing that sticks to your Titan sometimes?

And also how do you do a Titan execution? Tried to melee when they were doomed but it didn't seem to work. Maybe they just ejected too quickly.

Disktrasa

Banned
Wow, this game is legit!

I have bf1 and soon Infinite warfare and mw remaster, i think this and mw remaster will be my most played shooter for a long time ahead.

Such a wonderful time to live if you like fps that has good mp AND sp.

You know the phrase; Only in Battlefield.

Well, i think there should be "Only in Titanfall" to :)

And i want to support games like this with No premium and seasonpass.

Go and buy this now :)

Just got a code in email from best buy for the Nitro scorch pack, this was for my pre order on PC. This is the description after I redeemed it

Titanfall® 2 Nitro Scorch Pack
Give your Titan an extra boost with the Nitro Scorch Pack, featuring a special Warpaint customization for the Scorch Titan as well as a unique Call sign when you pre-order Titanfall® 2.

Also wonder how good network may be a way to gauge how many people playing. For example right now on PC there are 786 people in the ADV (default) network and another 200 or so in the other top networks I joined, inside multiplayer lobby or idle. So thats at least 1k PC players online right now.

Izuna

Banned
the titangaf Network is public now for everyone to join. Everyone needs to join it back up (the invites/requests weren't working)

https://www.titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/203441/

Okay this is for PS4 though.

TitanGAF on Xbox is working perfectly fine as a Private one. I've been approving people as they request.

--

I never want to play Amped Hardpoint ever again. I wanna play Skirmish.

EDIT: I don't think it's possible to play Skirmish on Xbox rn. It just sits there for ages and puts you in Amped Borepoint

LTWheels

There doesn't seem to be any stat tracking that I can see? Shame,normally like being able to see my accuracy and number of kills with each weapon.

dankir

There doesn't seem to be any stat tracking that I can see? Shame,normally like being able to see my accuracy and number of kills with each weapon.

It's coming in an uodate, but it's tracking everything as you play so don't worry your stats are there.

Yeah I was looking for that also.

A Respawn member said it is coming post launch in an update, all stats are recorded and tracked though.

It seems you can't trigger nuclear eject manually. That's bad if true.

I don't like that people can see where my Titan is going to end up falling. It makes crushing people a little more difficult.

Has anyone had any real mileage of Nuclear Explosion? I can't even trap AI Titans with it, they just walk out the way. I think the blast radius is screwed because some Titans are allowed to not have a dash ;(

Been having success on PC. Got a triple kill with one earlier. It's definitely more effective on maps with narrow pathways and I also find it combines well when using it in electric smoke.

Izuna

Banned
It seems you can't trigger nuclear eject manually. That's bad if true.

I don't like that people can see where my Titan is going to end up falling. It makes crushing people a little more difficult.

It's stupid. And you still don't get ammo back when you exit a Titan either.

~

Attrition is just garbage, killing minions outside of a Titan isn't a thing in this anymore. They're no longer Titan fuel outside of the Reapers

HelloMeow

At one point in the campaign it's like there's a chapter missing. You end in at one point and suddenly your're somewhere else doing something different.

Izuna

Banned
Which is the best MP mode? I mainly stick with attrition on TF1.

Playing on X1 btw

Bounty Hunt.

Complex is a prime example of how R2 Attrition != R1 Attrition. Bos pretty much only spawn in the middle areas and after the first Titan is dropped, it would be stupid to ever "farm", even for a short while.

edit: Arc Grenades are really amazing now, they can kill a Pilot if you throw it point blank (I think, I may be wrong)

... uh I just got kicked back to matchmaking... my nephew playing on the same connection didn't and I can't connect back. No indication as to what happened...

RedFury

Okay this is for PS4 though.

TitanGAF on Xbox is working perfectly fine as a Private one. I've been approving people as they request.

--

I never want to play Amped Hardpoint ever again. I wanna play Skirmish.

EDIT: I don't think it's possible to play Skirmish on Xbox rn. It just sits there for ages and puts you in Amped Borepoint
Yeah it's not working on this side. I'm not getting any requests and requests aren't being sent out. It simply prompts you to send request again. Anyway for the time being the network is public BUT make sure that you place your info on Google doc to prevent from getting purged once things are settled. I just want to give people the opportunity to play with fellow gaffers until things are sorted out.

MAJOR CAMPAIGN SPOLIERS!!!

I LOVED the dimension switching/ time travel that you got to control for two levels. I need an entire FPS built around the concept now. Messing with the AI was very fun.

Bioshock Infinite and Quantum Conundrum won't cut it.

So do Arc Grenades not mess up Pilot's view anymore? ;(
They kind of distort it but you aren't blinded.
And holy shit, could my Titan not fucking walk away from me as I'm trying to get inside it? I understand that it moving out of enemy fire takes priority, but FUCK.
A possible solution would be to set your Titan to guard mode when you want in. I haven't tried that but I remember them running away in the first game as well.

Playing the single player right now and I'm loving it. When people said it reminded them of Vanquish, I can definitely see why. It plays as fast as you're able to play it, but it also kinda reminds me of 6th gen FPS campaigns as well, like something I'd play on PS2 or Xbox. Feels old school and forward thinking at the same time. And it just FEELS right.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Fuck I want this game but I just got Battlefield 1 and also spent a small fortune on PSVR and a few games. :(

I really didn't care for T1 when it hit PC, so this was completely off my radar until all the good press hit this week.

Izuna

Banned
They kind of distort it but you aren't blinded.

A possible solution would be to set your Titan to guard mode when you want in. I haven't tried that but I remember them running away in the first game as well.

Ah, ah well. It's good for Titans so I'll keep it.

I don't think Guard mode helps at all. It still will try to dodge out of enemy fire. In R1 the Titan would make a B-Line to the Pilot, It doesn't happen here for some reason.

--

LTS
Two of our teammates leave after halftime when we have a 2-1 lead
3v5 victory with 164k damage and 13 kills
LEGION! LEGION! LEGION!

Whew

Izuna

Banned
Pro tips

You can wake up your Titan that is in a Dome by pressing down twice (changes Guard mode and back to Follow mode).

Mag Launcher homes in on Spectres

I'm not too hot pilot vs. pilot. But put me in my Ion....holy shite. I can generally take our 3-4 titans before I go down. I thought titans were a lot weaker in this, but really you just have to play a lot smarter. Take your time, and use cover. And use positioning to your advantage. I've wrecked so many titans coming in from the side or behind when they aren't ready for me.
At one point in the campaign it's like there's a chapter missing. You end in at one point and suddenly your're somewhere else doing something different.
I know which part you're talking about and I thought the same thing. I was like "What. the fuck?" Was a little jarring, but that was the only time.

OmegaX0

Is the party system broken on PS4? Me and a friend kept getting an "unable to join party" error, whether he sent the invite or I did. I had to make a Network to play together and even then it constantly disbands the party after a match.

rdytoroll

Best campaign I've played this year. Amazing. Played it in one sitting, around 5 hours. Great pacing, doesn't overstay it's welcome, creative and epic

Top Bottom