• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

BearPawB

Banned
So when it says there are 700something people online in that default network, is that really all the people currently online? that seems...like not a great number (PC)

I just went on a 13+ Pilot kill streak with Tone. I had racked up a few kills before getting her but Tone destroyer the enemies. I was one shotting Pilots for fun with the 40mm cannon.

When this game clicks it is fantastic.

Strakt

So when it says there are 700something people online in that default network, is that really all the people currently online? that seems...like not a great number (PC)

They incl a hotfix that now shows players online:

wYJoQ3W.jpg

taoofjord

Damn GAF, the more I play the MP the more I love it. It's just so fucking good. Just started up the campaign too and it's surprisingly great. Very refreshing and well made so far.

Also got to say that the art direction in this game is really something else. I'd put it up there with CoD: Advanced Warfare as far as military sci-if goes. That's high praise from me.

HelloMeow

Apparently not. I was wondering the same, but now you can see the actual number of players when you click find game. It's around 11k at the moment.

Marketing a game is a huge investment and this game isn't getting that MS marketing that it got for TF1. Expecting lower numbers even though I think this game feels more fun and satisfactory than BF/COD.

Strider

I hope they never show how many in each individual playlist. I feel that contributes to everyone migrating to the same mode...

Well seems they did... sorta lol I like the queue method better than having it front and center tho

Izuna

Banned
Titanfall 1 like Volume

8 - Sound Effects
Max - Dialogue Volume
6 - Music Volume
Max - Lobby Music Volume

Those with standard TV or stereo speakers, give these a try if you find it hard to hear callouts.

-----------

Afyn7D0.png

So here's my Loadout (Bounty Hunt):

Pilot

Stim + Gravity Star
EPG + Extra Ammo + Tactikill "Aka, Stim forever while I suck you into easy kills"
MGL + Extra Ammo + Speedloader
Power Cell
Kill Report

Titan

Legion
Overcore + Sensor Array "OP as fuck, you can get the Smart Core without needing to reload"
Dome Shield

Map Hack Boost (Soon to be Battery Back-up for extra shenanigans)

For Attrition I'll keep Map Hack and use a C.A.R. with Firestar instead

~ You can't use the 40mm the way you could before, barely take damage and kill Titans who think they have more health than they do.

So 35K in UK....

Ill assume PS4 US numbers are...twice as high?

I dont really need a high player count. I love Siege, which didnt have the highest number of players.

Im just curious.

U2NUMB

Jesus the lag ... no idea why its so bad and its so odd.You can pull up the scoreboard and watch the ping and mine is all over the place. Might have to switch regions to see if that helps.

Izuna

Banned
I wonder if the matchmaking really takes Faction into account. Would picking something other than the default pit you against newbies more often?

Jesus the lag ... no idea why its so bad and its so odd.You can pull up the scoreboard and watch the ping and mine is all over the place. Might have to switch regions to see if that helps.

I personally have a pretty bad connection but I'm getting almost perfect gameplay 90% of the time. Do you have packet loss? Check pingtest.net

It's bad right?! I just dont get it. Really a shame. Hope it gets resolved. If not fuck this over to BF1.

I personally have a pretty bad connection but I'm getting almost perfect gameplay 90% of the time. Do you have packet loss? Check pingtest.net

Man you're lucky! Everyone i've been playing with and talking to is experiencing the same jank games. It such a shame its an amazing game. I'm sure Respawn will fix it. *fingers crossed*

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
wow this campaign is tremendously well paced so far

definitely feels like an OG Infinity Ward game in that respect

Bydobob

Really loving the Pilot movement of this game. Slide-hopping is second nature, and my fears about the speed of this game were unfounded. Hip-firing accuracy is noticeably better, doing a lot to encourage player movement. Easy to rack-up parkour kills with a much wider choice of weapons now.

Dubz

This game is legit. It's too bad EA fucked up the release schedule for this, but if you're into shooters, this is a must have.

so, campaign is pretty awesome, can safely say that.

unfortunately i still hate the MP, just isn't the game i fell in love with, but that's fine.

glad others are enjoying it, but the slow movement and squishy titans just kill me.

little things like not being able to redirect your titan with a punch to get around corners, the battery game as opposed to shields, changed titan customization - all combines to create a game i just don't care for as much.

really happy for Respawn though, glad people are enjoying their game as i really love them guys and gals.

pompidu

Well I'll eat some crow. Picked this game up and it's great. Different than the first but still a great spectacle. rapple4life.

I feel like Ronin's actually more for ground units than Titans. You can certainly take Titans down with a bunch of flanking + Arc Wave, but it still always feels risky to commit with your sword core.

However, I've managed to completely wipe enemy teams with him when they're on foot, which is amazing. People don't expect the Phase Dash.
Did they lie about Ziplines?
There don't seem to be any in MP. They're all over SP, though.

DirtyLarry

I think I have to officially be done with the world of fast paced online shooters. Thought I would make it past 41 years old to be honest, but I am officially at a point I cannot fucking hang. And that is truly no fun. Dead last every single match I played. Did not depend on the mode either. One lone game I got second to last, and I think the player who got dead last was idle.

The reason I even picked it up was it was somehow a different experience when I played the beta. I could hang. I truly have no idea what happened between now and then. Perhaps Respawn tweaked the gameplay that much. Perhaps it was just dumb luck those 3 days during the beta.

Oh well, at least the SP seems decent.
Back to Battlefield, where I can hang. Wish I did not go digital.

What's the GAF ps4 network? The one on the first post only shows 20members. That doesn't seem right...
It is; it unfortunately took longer to get going than the other platforms. It's open so it can hopefully fill up quickly over the weekend, and people not on the spreadsheet will be booted later.

B00TE

I feel like Ronin's actually more for ground units than Titans. You can certainly take Titans down with a bunch of flanking + Arc Wave, but it still always feels risky to commit with your sword core.

However, I've managed to completely wipe enemy teams with him when they're on foot, which is amazing. People don't expect the Phase Dash.

Didn't you kill a whole team in that last BH game with one melee swing?

Also credit to the animators at Respawn, your phase/spin/slash stuff looked fucking awesome to watch.

B00TE

The sidewinder may end up being my "fuck it, imma have fun" gun. Not that the others aren't, but there's something special about using that to me, between the sound of firing it and gibbing people with it. I just need to git gud with it.

are you sure that it isn't YOUR movement that is slow?

lol, yes.

~900 hours in R1 on PC, i'm good, brah.

;p

like i said though, this is just my opinion, others seem to be unanimously enjoying it and that's great - nothing but happy for Respawn.

MP just ain't doing it for me personally, but the campaign has been a great romp so far.

garath

Screw it. I loved TF1. I bought it for PC. Hope the community holds up. Got it from Amazon so I get the prime discount though. Going to get here Tuesday ugh.

Top Bottom