• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Vortex566

MAJOR CAMPAIGN SPOLIERS!!!

I LOVED the dimension switching/ time travel that you got to control for two levels. I need an entire FPS built around the concept now. Messing with the AI was very fun.

Bioshock Infinite and Quantum Conundrum won't cut it.

This was so much fun! Felt like I was playing
Portal

Izuna

Banned
40oovNn.jpg

tumblr_inline_mj9kuvzQus1qz4rgp.gif

Mad that you don't get points for Dooming a Titan.

I'm playing with my nephew who is a beast as a Pilot. I will go the first 130 Attrition Points of the game with like under then, and once I get a Titan I claim 100+ and make MVP.

Since Respawn posts here:

Wanna know how you guys can make some money selling stuff??

Downloadable Gauntlet levels!!

If you sell them like map packs, you'd be able to sell them without hurting the userbase, AND they seem so much easier to do than actual maps!

Seeing people get crazy fast times was really impressive.

Have you guys considered this? Unlike cosmetics, it would be substantial, gameplay oriented DLC. Im assuming the training gauntlet is the only one that currently exists

ryseing

Maybe this has already been talked about a bit but what about the preorder bonuses? Has anyone received theirs from Amazon? I saw the code for the Deluxe edition junk in the box but nothing about the preorder stuff

Haven't gotten my preorder stuff either.

Drewfonse

It's stupid. And you still don't get ammo back when you exit a Titan either.

~

Attrition is just garbage, killing minions outside of a Titan isn't a thing in this anymore. They're no longer Titan fuel outside of the Reapers

My god man, enjoy the game, hahaha. It's been out for 45 seconds. You'll adjust.

Izuna

Banned
My god man, enjoy the game, hahaha. It's been out for 45 seconds. You'll adjust.

I'm sort of complaining like I'm with a girl don't won't do certain things in bed. I'm not going anywhere else, and I love her, but boy could things be a bit better.

--

Bounty Hunt is really where it's at. ;)
(and Skirmish is anyone'd play it).

So if you phase dash with Ronin and come out on top of an enemy Titan, you immediately die. Shouldn't it be the other way around...? I've had a fresh Ronin die a couple times by trying to dash behind the enemy and not quite making it.

Izuna

Banned
Uhh,

Regeneration for weapons doesn't remove anything, and it happens automatically. It's just called G2 etc. My Mag Launcher is G2.1 whereas my Primaries are like LV10 lmao

I just care about getting my first Titan and winning the game with one. ;P

i still h8 homestead so much

such a crappy map if you're not in a titan

That's almost every map except Eden and Crash Site (<3 Crash Site)

robotrock

Banned
So I just started the campaign on PC now and I'm...really impressed by the visuals??!?!

Kind of surprised honestly. The first Titanfall really wasn't a looker but this game has some actual beautiful scenes. That art design is out of control, so good.

Oh man. Just finished campaign on hard. Fucking fantastic from start to finish. So many delightful little moments. A little disjointed (probably from the action block development process), but while the story doesn't flow super-well, the gameplay makes up for it with some ridiculous variety. Not sure if it quite tops DOOM, but both games are hella competitive with each other. It delivered just about everything I wanted. Bravo, Respawn.

xinek

Game is sick. SICK. Can't wait to try the single player!

Those Titan briefings ... LOL. So awesome.

Anyone have tips for how to really get your momentum going with the pilot? I remember alternating sliding and jumping in the tech test, but I either forgot how to do it right or it doesn't work anymore.

Toa TAK

Banned
THIS IS A GOOD CAMPAIGN

It starts off slow but somewhere in the beginning of the second act, it takes full advantage of its mechanics and becomes a really fun platforms especially shooter-slash-mech fighter. Great stuff.

Story-wise it's whatever, the cast of villains are ripped straight out of 80s action flicks with bad accents to accompany their bad dialogue, and the core relationship isn't as good as it could've been, but with a few moments here and there along with the dialogue choices it sets out what it needs to do.

Set prices are there and they rock. This was a fantastic campaign, and after feeling a bit tepid about it at its start it cements its own place. Looking forward to the next one.

Until then, I guess I'll give that multiplayer a whirl, girl.

blakep267

Game is fun. It's not titanfall 1 but still fun

But I'm hating what they've done to titans. This pre determined loadout is seriously killing my buzz. Some stuff I just don't have any need to use. Like why do I need the tow cable thing. I don't care about it

Hazaku

After some.. Hours in the gauntlet, I think it's campaign time. It suggested regular, how bad is hard?

Haha. I finally got 33.20 this morning. Didn't even bunnyhop or play with bumper jumper.

Hard should be pretty easy for shooter vets. Some titan battles might be wee bit harder though.

EL CUCO

Respawn got checkpoints right. It's making my Master playthrough a lot less of a pain in the arse than it could've been &#128077;

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
First FFA, 22 pilot kills, 2 titan kills, 0 deaths. I'm feeling like Ion might be the go-to for this mode, or maybe Ronin if you want to shotgun pilots and evade/ambush titans.

Anyone know what it means to earn "extra merits per day" during a network happy hour? There doesn't seem to be a daily cap on merits, so is it just like 5 free merits for playing during that time? Or something else?

Wow seems like reception is super positive! I was a little worried after that first beta but it seems loke they fixed most if not all the issues. Gonna have to pick this up asap!

hohoXD123

Want to add to the praise for the campaign. Couldn't care less about the story, the characters are alright, but damn the gameplay and level design is simply amazing.

Top Bottom