• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Man fuck nuke eject

I work hard to kill a titan but they just don't give a shit if they can nuke eject and take out more enemies and destroy a titan anyway

This annoys me as a Scorch main. Fat ass can't do shit about that. But I refuse to play anyone else

Can I hide behind cover like in OW when dva does her special?

Also, I am stomping ass. Games are ending in landslides. I feel bad for newbies

I'm seeing 30K online too. Which seems bad. Am I to believe the game only attracted like 10K on a free weekend?

Izuna

Banned
Man fuck nuke eject

I work hard to kill a titan but they just don't give a shit if they can nuke eject and take out more enemies and destroy a titan anyway

This annoys me as a Scorch main. Fat ass can't do shit about that. But I refuse to play anyone else

I'm seeing 30K online too. Which seems bad. Am I to believe the game only attracted like 10K on a free weekend?

Turn around and run. You don't even need a dash. But honestly, you should be using dash with Scorch since his flame shield is his best tool.

DSmalls84

Just started playing the multiplayer and I'm loving it. Are there any specific loadouts that stand out from the rest for pilots and Titans? Mostly been using the Hemlok and R-201.

Northstar too OP

w95NTqp.jpg

HelloMeow

There is some annoying crap that really needs some looking into sooner rather than later.

-Bad maps coming up multiple times in a row. (Crash Site)
-Crash Site
-Crash Site
-Friendly reapers that block you and get you killed.

There is some annoying crap that really needs some looking into sooner rather than later.

-Bad maps coming up multiple times in a row. (Crash Site)
-Crash Site
-Crash Site
-Friendly reapers that block you and get you killed.

I feel like Crash Can be so much better if we didn't literally spawn at the start right across the enemy. The map is huge but everything starts in that one spot

By the way, would it be hard to straight port the old maps? Is there any need to touch them up? I just want to see more maps to counter balance the annoyance of the bad ones

Yeah, I had Exoplanet several times in a row, then when it finally changed, the next map was exoplanet again. I turned the game off.

Turbo Engine, yeah. He should be using it.

I have no idea why we don't have lobbies

Put us in a lobby and let us vote. I hate that I sometimes play with good opponents and teammates and get booted to a match where the game is a total landslide.

Izuna

Banned

Put us in a lobby and let us vote. I hate that I sometimes play with good opponents and teammates and get booted to a match where the game is a total landslide.

R1 had lobbies.

I think it increases MM times, and that's why Respawn removed them. I would like it if they kept up in the same groups and just randomised the teams (NO SBMM PLEASE) so we had variety when playing against the same people. Or something, I dunno.

It's not something I want them to focus on though, haha.

E92 M3

what does hilldawg have to do with it?

what lol?

--

And it would be great once Angel City shows up in the attrition playlist.

This game is amazing, though. They need to make JIP more rewarding - my one complaint. I'm talking for matches with 70 to 120 point differences.

Haines

Banned
Feeling burnt out in this game.

Might take a break for some overwatch.

Angel city is great but I'm finding myself bored.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Have not seen it come up once on PS4 in the Attrition playlist in probably 40+ matches in that span. Maybe I'm just unlucky...

It hasn't popped in attrition once. Might be a bug.

Yep, same. I've never saw it even once.

Man fuck nuke eject

I think I remember seeing more than that earlier. Like way more. On PS4.

As for Nuke Eject and Scorch, my tactic is I don't use my dash when in close range with Titans that normally use Nuke Eject (Ronin and sometimes Tone). I just hit them with Thermite and then when they eject, I dash away. Either that or I make sure I don't get boxed in.

Just started playing the multiplayer and I'm loving it. Are there any specific loadouts that stand out from the rest for pilots and Titans? Mostly been using the Hemlok and R-201.

I mostly use Stim+SMG or Phase Shift+shotgun or SMG. I rarely use Assault Rifles unless it's for long-range encounter maps like Homestead/Kodai, etc.

For those not liking Crash Site and Complex, I suggest using Scorch in those maps. Super easy to get fire kills. I dunno, I like those maps but I can see why they can be a pain to play on. Stacking Titans is super noticeable there and hard to deal with.

Argonomic

Yeah, I had Exoplanet several times in a row, then when it finally changed, the next map was exoplanet again. I turned the game off.

Was that in the same playlist? You're not supposed to get the same map in the same playlist multiple times in a row.

Map vote is not something that we can add easily like in the old days, because maps no longer load in ~15 seconds. Textures kept getting bigger, but hard drives didn't get faster. Not a great excuse, and not unsolvable, just not low-hanging-fruit.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Really starting to get annoyed at how matchmaking works. Either I get put into matches with pings of 200+ms OR in matches where it has already started. Like, there's already a Titan or two on the ground. I just quit out since usually that means, it's super lopsided. And of course, it counts as a loss, I have no clue why. Most games don't penalize you for joining matches in progress.

I keep on playing on Eden, Exoplanet in Attrition. Literally have not seen Angel City rotate even once.

Also, why was the Attrition score changed to 475? I mean, what was the reasoning for that? To make sure it ends within the 10-minute match limit? 500 score in itself wasn't that high, no? Maybe extend the entire match to 11 minutes? Or maybe have it in a way that if the lead is just 30 and below, it has to reach the score limit before it ends? Comebacks are kinda hard due to the time limit.

Izuna

Banned
Was that in the same playlist? You're not supposed to get the same map in the same playlist multiple times in a row.

Bounty Hunt. But I think I exit out of matchmaking between each game. (I also quit during the epilogue etc.)

happy to hear that it might be my fault

Also, why was the Attrition score changed to 475? I mean, what was the reasoning for that? To make sure it ends within the 10-minute match limit? 500 score in itself wasn't that high, no? Maybe extend the entire match to 11 minutes? Or maybe have it in a way that if the lead is just 30 and below, it has to reach the score limit before it ends? Comebacks are kinda hard due to the time limit.

They should have just made the minions (not Reapers) more plentiful to take up a bigger pie of the score.

R1 was only 300 and about 30-50% was minion kills. That was attrition for me. I'm looking forward to the Q1 updates I guess.

Gator86

Ronin is powerful enough with just 4 shots. He's already pretty much unstoppable once he gets within short-med range.

Wut? Ronin loses half his health on non execute kills and is defeated entirely by a single electric smoke. Just pop one, stand inside, and keep shooting him.

Izuna

Banned
I don't think either of those actions affect which map you end up in next match.

Hmm... I'll keep a tally for next time. It was Exoplanet over and over and it was getting a little bit silly. I was grinding out for Angel City but it never happened.

---

I think at the rate I'm going (because a 25 win streak may not be possible), it'll take me ~60 games to hit an 80% win rate. It's meaningless, but it's a challenge. I know I could hit Gen 10 just by playing (twice the amount I have, actually) so I'll get there eventually regardless.

I saw a lot of people in Xbox TitanGAF today. I think something like 13 online at once.

Map vote is not something that we can add easily like in the old days, because maps no longer load in ~15 seconds. Textures kept getting bigger, but hard drives didn't get faster. Not a great excuse, and not unsolvable, just not low-hanging-fruit.

I see. Thanks for the explanation.

Another thing is how much I hate that Sony/MS didn't add paddles by default.

Games like TF, Rainbow 6, and Overwatch all justify paddles, yet console makers gave us the same thing for like 4 generations now.

Izuna

Banned
Wut? Ronin loses half his health on non execute kills and is defeated entirely by a single electric smoke. Just pop one, stand inside, and keep shooting him.

Eh, a bit of a hyperbole. Ronin's main issue is that even if he wins fights, he can't Goose. I would like for his sword to get an execution (pressing RT) the moment a Titan gets Doomed. It would make Ronin scarier and would be balanced since, as I mentioned, he can't Goose.

Otherwise, he's really good at killing Pilots, so as far as I'm concerned, he's fine. He does well against Tone and Ion anyway.

Gator86

Eh, a bit of a hyperbole. Ronin's main issue is that even if he wins fights, he can't Goose. I would like for his sword to get an execution (pressing RT) the moment a Titan gets Doomed. It would make Ronin scarier and would be balanced since, as I mentioned, he can't Goose.

Otherwise, he's really good at killing Pilots, so as far as I'm concerned, he's fine. He does well against Tone and Ion anyway.

Not that much hyperbole. A point blank titan death causes roughly a bar of damage to Ronin which is at least a third of health. I'm not sure goosing is his big problem considering how rarely it occurs at all. The duration of a smoke is long enough to completely shut down an ambush and allow you to take most of his health or get help.

I think Ronin is mostly fine, but his weakness are numerous and glaring. I was mostly saying he's a far cry from the automatically dominant killing machine described in that post I quoted. I'm not sure I'd tweak much about him aside from lowering the Titan explosion damage he takes and adding one more bullet to his magazine.

No Love

Banned
Rice-Eater said:
On the other hand man it fucking sucks to get out numbered in a Titan fight 2 or 3 to one. It's just such a hopeless situation that gets even worse if you can't even run away from the fight. I had an encounter where I ran from a double team only to encounter another enemy Titan that had full health. I already took a beating so I was done for.

When that happens, cause as much damage as possible (ideally use nuclear eject), shoot anti-Titan as you come down, and try to land on someone to grab their battery. Use it as an opportunity to steal chunks of enemy Titan health bars.

You'd be surprised what Firestar, Mag Launcher/Archer and some clever footwork can accomplish against 2-3 enemy Titans.

I think I know why Bounty Hunt is so confusing.

Why does MY money total move about the screen like it's annoying fly or something?

End of Wave: Center of the Screen
During Wave: Bottom Left, where Bounty Gain is in the Center
Depositing: I literally do not know what the fuck I am looking at
Wave Complete: INVISIBLE

Why do I need to hear my teammates banking in their money at the same volume as mine?
This has to be an example of bad UI and/or UX. I'm always finding myself searching the screen for that number. Banks should be shown on the map as well.

Gator86

In this game, you should be able to Goose at least 1/3 of the time if you're the proper classes for it. Especially in Bounty Hunt.

Only play Attrition but that number is insanely high. Im gen6 now and I've probably been goosed less than a dozen times. Often, I don't have time to go for the goose myself, fighting multiple opponents, out of ammo, etc. Some maps, you don't even have the opportunity thanks to low roofs and such. Then again, I don't really play goosing classes so my perceptions on it may be different.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Free weekend showing how many people playing this like its cod. Waa getting kill streaks like crazy simply because they couldnt deal with my wall bouncing.

Hopefully they adapt and get to see how awesome this games MP is. As someone who doesnt play as much MP as when i was younger this is the best I've played in a pretty long time. Bought tge skin pack simple because i just felt respawn deserved a little extra.

Yep. Can't really blame people since playing fast-paced shooters like it's Call of Duty is super understandable. Thing is, they need to adapt or will think the game "sucks" without acknowledging that they themselves need to change. Not every game lets you 360-no-scope-chocolate-sauce. :)

I started off playing with my COD habits, coming straight from playing Infinite Warfare and was getting decimated. But now I am actually starting to do better in this game than I do at COD. One thing I also have come to appreciate is that it is easier to get rewarded than it is with kill streaks. Yet it's still a much more complex game for sure.

I don't know, the more I play the more I don't want to stop. There are times where it kind of felt like a clusterfuck, but now that I am getting into a rhythm and learning the maps a bit better it feels pretty damn great. Fun as hell game for sure.

My sentiments exactly. I was so confused at the UI at first, what with a ton of things showing up and telling me stuff. I just took it a step at a time, changed from my CoD habits (I played it with a scorestreak-focus), and voila! I kept winning and doing cool shit that it all didn't matter eventually.

I still think Respawn should have a splash page that shows a tips and tricks video, maybe a message saying all maps, weapons, etc., will be free. But I gather, that'll take a lot of UI menu tinkering and such.

I hope people give it a chance, and not dismiss TF2 as "oh, I can't do as well as I can in CoD, so it sucks!111"

Bounty Hunt. But I think I exit out of matchmaking between each game. (I also quit during the epilogue etc.)

happy to hear that it might be my fault

They should have just made the minions (not Reapers) more plentiful to take up a bigger pie of the score.

R1 was only 300 and about 30-50% was minion kills. That was attrition for me. I'm looking forward to the Q1 updates I guess.

I'm all for that. I just find 475 too small a team score pool. I mean, I found 500 too low, even. The match time should be scrapped and leave it to the first one to reach the score limit. I mean, at most, I don't even see it reaching 15 minutes tops, no?

I see. Thanks for the explanation.

Another thing is how much I hate that Sony/MS didn't add paddles by default.

Games like TF, Rainbow 6, and Overwatch all justify paddles, yet console makers gave us the same thing for like 4 generations now.

I'd honestly be quite shocked if this wasn't added as defaults next gen. Unless they're excluding it for the hardware makers.

Rayme

Have not seen it come up once on PS4 in the Attrition playlist in probably 40+ matches in that span. Maybe I'm just unlucky...

It hasn't popped in attrition once. Might be a bug.

You say that but it's not man (at least on PC) :(

I have played like 12 hours since yesterday and haven't seen Angel City once in Attrition or Bounty Hunt. I asked every other group that's playing and they haven't seen it either. Either you guys made the rate it comes up something like getting double legendary skins in overwatch or something is broken.

Played a fair amount of games today on PS4. Didn't come up once. Got crash site and complex though.

And now for ma' Crow eating!

...you guys were right, sorry. Was coming up much less than intended; fixed now (srsly) afaik.

<hansolo_itsnotmyfault.gif>

Gator86

And now for ma' Crow eating!

...you guys were right, sorry. Was coming up much less than intended; fixed now (srsly) afaik.

<hansolo_itsnotmyfault.gif>

Thanks for being on top of it. You guys are relentless. I bought a second titan pack earlier today. Legion skull and eel nose art is legit.

SwolBro

Banned
It finally happened: execution in Coliseum! The match winner too

giphy.gif

really really nice. what a great finish. very mortal kombat like. love it.

now if everyone could stop complaining about trivial baby bullshit and focus on the things that matter that'd be swell.
oh, and i don't play on weekends. some of you need some LIFE. gaming should be an after work/school hobby not a weekend activity. ;)

I dunno but I'm having big hip fire issues with the dualshock 4, getting a lot more successful with R201 and Hemlok than the trusty Alternator.

Only play Attrition but that number is insanely high. Im gen6 now and I've probably been goosed less than a dozen times. Often, I don't have time to go for the goose myself, fighting multiple opponents, out of ammo, etc. Some maps, you don't even have the opportunity thanks to low roofs and such. Then again, I don't really play goosing classes so my perceptions on it may be different.

All you need is playing Ion, or use the Volt (not sure how effective that would be post nerf tho)

Top Bottom