• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

And now for ma' Crow eating!

...you guys were right, sorry. Was coming up much less than intended; fixed now (srsly) afaik.

<hansolo_itsnotmyfault.gif>

I got you fam:
tumblr_mzssd3lzp51qlg756o8_500.gif

ngt

Can you initiate nuke eject early? I used to do that in Titanfall, especially during evacuation, but now my pilot just exits the titan.

Sojgat

Can you initiate nuke eject early? I used to do that in Titanfall, especially during evacuation, but now my pilot just exits the titan.

Press up on the d-pad to trigger ejection sequence.

Not sure if it triggers the nuke though. I don't use that trash.

KiDdYoNe

Ehhhh, sorry if old, but there is a promotion with Doritos/Dew and it looks like it's USA/Canada/UK. Info showed up on my social network.

Thing is, codes are active and may be used as many times as you want. One code grants XP x2, Coliseum Ticket and one of three cosmetics. There is a lot of codes for the UK promo.

https://gamerhub.mountaindew.co.uk/

MTNDEW990
MTNDEW897
MTNDEW892
MTNDEW805
MTNDEW795
MTNDEW423
MTNDEW156
MTNDEW577
MTNDEW758
MTNDEW729
MTNDEW719
MTNDEW267
MTNDEW108
MTNDEW208
MTNDEW215
MTNDEW235
MTNDEW108
MTNDEW208
MTNDEW215
MTNDEW235
MTNDEW238
MTNDEW261
MTNDEW156
MTNDEW423
MTNDEW365
MTNDEW109
MTNDEW208
MTNDEW236
MTNDEW239
MTNDEW263
MTNDEW268
MTNDEW215
MTNDEW758
MTNDEW797

Not promoting this shit but thought i'd post info since it's free bonuses.
Also, anyone on PS4 wants to play?

ngt

Press up on the d-pad to trigger ejection sequence.
Thanks, I'll try that. It might not be liked, but it's a great defense if you're trying to evacuate and there are enemy titans near the ship.

Ehhhh, sorry if old, but there is a promotion with Doritos/Dew and it looks like it's USA/Canada/UK. Info showed up on my social network.

Thank you very much! I used the first one and finally got the Mountain Dew skin. Only the elusive Target camo left.

FStop7

Banned
My first match in over 10 days and I get like 140 points, 18 pilot kills, MVP, etc. forget double XP weekends I like these F2P weekends better because I can briefly know what it feels like to not suck.

KiDdYoNe

Thanks, I'll try that. It might not be liked, but it's a great defense if you're trying to evacuate and there are enemy titans near the ship.

Thank you very much! I used the first one and finally got the Mountain Dew skin. Only the elusive Target camo left.

You can use them all, they can be activated multiple times :)
Got to see what is Coliseum thanks to those codes. Some matches there are insane.

Catdaddy

Playing the free weekend and digging it In terms of server pop, how is it on XB1 vs PS4(without the free weekend). I'm playing there now and doesnt seem bad, and pretty damn fun even though I have no idea what I'm doing...

Also, the campaign is good from what Ive been seeing - how long is it?

E92 M3

It finally happened: execution in Coliseum! The match winner too

giphy.gif

Double Laser Shot Gooser:
http://plays.tv/s/L3EHttvFdaVM

Nuke Eject never gets old:
http://plays.tv/s/L3EI3oeHay1a

Cheater Pilot with Predator Cannon, Aimbot, and Speedhack:
giphy.gif

http://plays.tv/s/L3EKNcoX741M
Looks like his buddy is running 40mm Tracker Cannon and has a Respawn Dev patch!

That is beautiful. Jealous you got it :p

really really nice. what a great finish. very mortal kombat like. love it.

now if everyone could stop complaining about trivial baby bullshit and focus on the things that matter that'd be swell.
oh, and i don't play on weekends. some of you need some LIFE. gaming should be an after work/school hobby not a weekend activity. ;)

On weekdays it's harder to play due to life lol. Sundays are my favorite day to play.

ironcreed

Banned
I'm having a good time with the trial, but I went ahead and bought Battlefield 1 for now. I am definitely going to pick this up down the road a little bit, though. That is for certain.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Playing the free weekend and digging it In terms of server pop, how is it on XB1 vs PS4(without the free weekend). I'm playing there now and doesnt seem bad, and pretty damn fun even though I have no idea what I'm doing...

Also, the campaign is good from what Ive been seeing - how long is it?

Kinda OK, actually. I can't speak for Xbox One, but I know that platform has the most players. On PS4, there's usually 14-18K on weekdays, with weekends at 25-29K. There's already 27K now, but it's the free weekend, so there's that.

The good thing here is, and others can even vouch for what I'm saying is, the numbers are climbing up, and not going down even after a month after release. That means, more people are playing it, the people that are playing it aren't leaving, etc.

Plow through it. It does overload the senses and whatnot. But once you get over that hump, it becomes glorious. Fantastic gunplay, balanced, polished and the progression is just right. It does feel like the natural progression of Call of Duty, which is understandable since these guys are the ones who created it.

Come to think of it, did Respawn (then Infinity Ward) pitch this Titan thing to Activision as the next CoD and they (Acti) said no? Weird since that's where CoD is now but without the mechs.

deoee

I'm having a good time with the trial, but I went ahead and bought Battlefield 1 for now. I am definitely going to pick this up down the road a little bit, though. That is for certain.

But why battlefield 1?:(

After Titanfall you won't enjoy that game much anymore (happened to me)

Izuna

Banned
Come to think of it, did Respawn (then Infinity Ward) pitch this Titan thing to Activision as the next CoD and they (Acti) said no? Weird since that's where CoD is now but without the mechs.

http://finalhoursoftitanfall.com/

One element was that they were being pressured af to make Modern Warfare 3 and they were robbed of their bonuses. Shitty situation all around.

Come to think of it, I still haven't played MW3 despite loving the campaigns of the two before it. Maybe I should keep it that way.

ironcreed

Banned
But why battlefield 1?:(

After Titanfall you won't enjoy that game much anymore (happened to me)

Yeah I will, as I played the beta and found it fun enough. Also, I am playing Infinite Warfare as well, so I kind of already have a fast-paced sci fi shooter right now. I honestly want something different to balance that out and WW1 is just what the doctor ordered. But this is still on the buy list, so it did win me over.

Izuna

Banned
Yeah I will, as I played the beta and found it fun enough. Also, I am playing Infinite Warfare as well, so I kind of already have a fast-paced sci fi shooter right now. I honestly want something different to balance that out and WW1 is just what the doctor ordered. But this is still on the buy list, so it did win me over.

This is the biggest gripe I have with R2... the fact that it's compared to CoD at all shows that it went in the wrong direction.

Izuna

Banned
How do you get it? I doesn't seem to let you download it anyway.

MW3 was a pretty solid game all the way around actually.

I have it from the Windows Store. I didn't check to see if the website still worked ;(

The app should be available on phones though. REALLY GOOD READ.

As Ion I think pilots are lucky if they get away from ejecting Titan, even when invisible. Phase Shift is your best bet in my opinion.

Sometimes if I'm against an enemy Ion or Tone and I have a little bit of distance I will just spin around and eject the Titan by holding square. If you're too close they'll just dash and melee you but if you're using phase shift or stim it's a pretty safe option whereas ejecting leaves you quite vulnerable.

As Ion I think pilots are lucky if they get away from ejecting Titan, even when invisible. Phase Shift is your best bet in my opinion.

Sometimes if I'm against an enemy Ion or Tone and I have a little bit of distance I will just spin around and eject the Titan by holding square. If you're too close they'll just dash and melee you but if you're using phase shift or stim it's a pretty safe option whereas ejecting leaves you quite vulnerable.

The only thing that can save you from an accurate Ion is stim eject strafe so you get out of his range asap, Phase Shift doesn't work since you are in the air for so long and two Phase Shifts can get you only so much time.

The whole Titanfall concept didn't exist till long after they form Respawn.

Izuna

Banned
Goosing is extremely easy in this game. It's great too because so many people use Auto Eject this imo is a silly idea for this game. It's hilariously easy to see.

Ion can run out of energy though... so if anything, Northstar is the best for it if you're going for it everytime. I had one where I hovered and shoot a dude. I didn't save it though ;(

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
How do you get it? I doesn't seem to let you download it anyway.

You have to buy it through Origin, iTunes, or Steam. It's $2 and worth it.

Fascinating read though, I came out of it really amazed that Respawn was even able to get a game done under those circumstances let alone one of my favorite games ever.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
I like the new Scorch voice and execution but that prime skin is ug-lee

Now if it were all red I might consider it &#129300;

The only thing that can save you from an accurate Ion is stim eject strafe so you get out of his range asap, Phase Shift doesn't work since you are in the air for so long and two Phase Shifts can get you only so much time.

How do you get out of range though? I've never missed anyone due to range. You mean break line of sight with a building or whatever? Strafe eject is definitely harder to hit but still very killable also.

Yeah phase shift doesn't work in entirety but it masks the inital ejection so it can make it difficult for them to project your trajectory. On a lot of maps it's also long enough to get into some above map area where you can then take a safe route down when the Ion stops searching for you.

deoee

How do you get out of range though? I've never missed anyone due to range. You mean break line of sight with a building or whatever? Strafe eject is definitely harder to hit but still very killable also.

Yeah phase shift doesn't work in entirety but it masks the inital ejection so it can make it difficult for them to project your trajectory. On a lot of maps it's also long enough to get into some above map area where you can then take a safe route down when the Ion stops searching for you.

The best chances I had with Ion's is to save my Double Jump and try to anticipate when he's about to laser me.

It doesn't work often tho

Well the farther they get away from you, the harder for you to target them isn't it? Not saying laser shot have range because it is virtually unlimited.

deoee

Well the farther they get away from you, the harder for you to target them isn't it? Not saying laser shot have range because it is virtually unlimited.

You just become smaller plus the Ion can zoom in.

It's a bit harder but if you have a feel for how Pilots eject it's not really harder IMO.

I don't get goosed typically after nuking other titans. I think it's mostly because I phase shift right at ejection and try to strafe off in a direction toward buildings. I'm sure you (or any competent player) could get me, but it happens really rarely.

Geist-

I've actually begun using my grapple to grapple the ground or a building as soon as I eject so I don't fly straight into the air. Works really well actually, especially on maps like angel city.

JaMarco

I'm really starting to feel like allowing to only have one secondary was a bad idea. All it does is make me have to keep editing my loadouts when I go in an out of PvP playlist.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Man it's nice to see around 13K online on PC in the middle of the day. Hope a lot of them end up buying it.

EA did the free weekend thing for the first game but really shot themselves in the foot (lol) with the pricing. I think they put the game on sale, free weekend, and went back to the full price IIRC. I don't remember exactly how it went, but they really need to follow up this free weekend with a good sale on the game not just on PC but all platforms.

Top Bottom