• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

E92 M3

You're suggesting the guy racking up 28 kills needs to 'git gud'?

Come on.

If SBMM has no place, then go all in and give me a server list to choose from like the 'good old days' of Quake 3.

At lest that way I could avoid Crash Site.

I never said that. I said there is nothing wrong with getting good and performing well. All that matter is quick matches, not some invisible algorithm that makes sure every match is a sweatfest. That is not fun and doesn't belong in this game. Also, the population is too limited for any type of real SBMM.

Respawn would be foolish to turn on SBMM after seeing how the COD community hated it and how now the Destiny community hates it even more.

Join a game in Progress... it was ~$500 to ~$1500... And they had 4 Titans up.

It wouldn't let me leave without it counting as a loss. We get to ~$4400 for both teams at the end and I had enough Bonus to win the game but they got there first.

Dear Respawn... Fix this rubbish ;/

Games in progress past the first minute should have automatic loss protection. Look at this crap lol:

nLTibSF.jpg

Forget SBMM.

Playerbase is low enough. Don't need to weaken it even further.

Rest assured, if the user experience for a large number of players is getting curb stomped by teams or dragged down by shit teammates, the population will shrink.

There isnt enough time in the day to put up with shit matchmaking undermining your experience.

Izuna

Banned
tP6oZgd.png

iCg5lOn.png

Joined in progress to the most unbalanced game of today. Whoop.
Funny thing is, the other team was using the Nuclear technique on the Bounty Titans...

burst firing nerfed volt like crazy just to get dropped in 1 hemlock burst.

PajyqUM4keDp6.gif

seriously, wtf are you guys thinking Respawn.
What a shame that your SMG can't reach the range expected out of a Assault Rifle or Sniper.....Seriously they need to nerf the CAR as well so it can't shoot across the map.

Discobird

PajyqUM4keDp6.gif

I get your frustration but the Hemlok guy must've hit you in the head with one of his bullets since the Hemlok isn't a 3-body-shot kill at that range.

Take a look at Frothy's Hemlok guide starting at around 0:50, he demonstrates the range at which the Hemlok is a 4-shot kill and it looks like you were further away than that. Chalk it up to bad luck or skill on the other guy's part.

About the Predator Cannon. When you don't have Smart Core, it is basically impossible to Goose a pilot. The start-up is VERY long and you can't move very fast with it revved up.

Usually I'm already revved up because I was shooting at the titan or I'm aware a teammate is about to finish them off. But even if you need to rev up first, there's plenty of time to goose them. Here's a short clip where I revved up after the pilot ejected and got an easy gooser, without Smart Core: http://plays.tv/video/58449c70e39fa18b44/legion-gooser-w-rev-up

I honestly have a much easier time goosing with Legion than anyone else.

Every game with SBMM has had horrible complaints from fans. Screw that

The real problem is we get booted from a lobby. I'd much happily wait for longer map loading times or rematches.

with that scope and where he was it was going to be hard to hit him with a lot of shots, but i was hitting him and i was about to drop him when a hemlock simply 1 bursts me.

the hemlock is easy to shoot on console with the forgiving aim assist, hcog capability, and insane power. that makes the gun ridiculous in all ranges but up close which a good player will compensate for.

the original volt would have already gotten the kill before the hemlock even saw me.
Yeah, as a volt user, it felt too good at that range for an smg and made the ARs less desirable because of the volt being much more versatile. Post patch, it behaves like an smg should in these games and is a beast in close to med range, still. The hemlock user probably got a headshot and if you were at close range, you probably would have won.

E92 M3

Rest assured, if the user experience for a large number of players is getting curb stomped by teams or dragged down by shit teammates, the population will shrink.

There isnt enough time in the day to put up with shit matchmaking undermining your experience.

I'm pretty you're the one being most dramatic about losing or having shit teammates. I play solo and have shit teammates all the time, it's been that way for years. No big deal - at least the game is fun. SBMM is a cancer designed to coddle the people at the very bottom and absolutely destroys any fun. "Can't wait for a nice titanfall sweat session where I have to try super hard every match." So fun!

There are 2 great examples of SBMM being hated: Black Ops 3 and now Destiny. The crucible is nearly unplayable for anyone with thumbs.

No offense, but enjoy the game for the good and the bad. It's amazing by most regards.

Nah, I love it. The incredible production value, effects and weight of the weapons is amazing. It's great to have the contrast from Titanfall 2 and Infinite Warfare. I am enjoying them all for what they bring to the table.

LOL, okay? I prefer it based on using it in the campaign.
Do you have bf1? It's kind of a nightmare right now and loading and spawning takes ages. Production values are great, though.

Also we need "player [hemlock] player" instead of player killed player

And some of these boosts, like extra battery, seem incredibly more useful than others. I mean, with the battery boost, you practically start off with an incredible advantage.

Amped weapons is easily the best one and yoy start with it. Battery is basically one more bar of health. That really doesn't last long. With amped weapons and MGL you can shred their whole titans health pretty easily with good positioning.

Also if you have spare battery you cant take advantage of another till its gone as far as i can tell. Plenty of times people have taken my battery, i spin round, kill them and jump out and get my battery back.

Thing is most can seem over powered if you look at them in a certain way. Turret can seem awesome if positioned well against bad players for example. But amped weapons can always be used and will always give you an advantage.

I love how good all the starting stuff is in this game.

ironcreed

Banned
I'm pretty you're the one being most dramatic about losing or having shit teammates. I play solo and have shit teammates all the time, it's been that way for years. No big deal - at least the game is fun. SBMM is a cancer designed to coddle the people at the very bottom and absolutely destroys any fun. "Can't wait for a nice titanfall sweat session where I have to try super hard every match." So fun!

There are 2 great examples of SBMM being hated: Black Ops 3 and now Destiny. The crucible is nearly unplayable for anyone with thumbs.

Thing is, I still get grouped on shit teams and get my ass handed to me at times even in COD or any other shooter. It happens every time, regardless of skill based match making or not. I don't have a problem with what Titanfall 2 is doing. I am just having fun and know that sometimes I will get crushed and other times I will do well.

iddqd

Yeah, I think the new players should be able to play an hour of the single player to at least get SOME sort of an idea what they are in for.
Told some buddies to try it without having the time to coach them and they both were just utterly confused.

Animator

PajyqUM4keDp6.gif

I am guessing they are thinking "Hopefully none of our players are stupid enough to try and engage a guy using a hemlock from long distance with a gun meant for close/close-mid range. If you just close the distance that hemlock player is a free kill since he has to ads and you can hipfire his ass down.

But no you died so they should nerf a gun that is perfectly fine!

Izuna

Banned
cD7sNHS.png

;( willing to bet my next loss will be a JIP

I am guessing they are thinking "Hopefully none of our players are stupid enough to try and engage a guy using a hemlock from long distance with a gun meant for close/close-mid range. If you just close the distance that hemlock player is a free kill since he has to ads and you can hipfire his ass down.

But no you died so they should nerf a gun that is perfectly fine!

He thinks it's balanced because in Pilots vs. Pilots, you HAVE to fight at that range.

deoee

I'm glad there is diversity here

The battery boost seems way too valuable. The turrets can be great in the right location. I'm using dice roll. There are more high value boosts than low ones

Why is bounty only 5v5??

Battery boost fucks up my Nuclear Ejection Northstar tactic :(

If I'm doomed and can't get close enough, I often disengage and try to grab a battery tho.

Izuna

Banned
I'm glad there is diversity here

The battery boost seems way too valuable. The turrets can be great in the right location. I'm using dice roll. There are more high value boosts than low ones

Why is bounty only 5v5??

I never switched off battery boost since I first got it, but I realised that Tone doesn't really need it. And for Ronin, it's actually bad for him to use it as he can't damage himself for Nuclear ejecting onto the Bounty Titans.

The thing about Amped Weapons, is that you can stack them very easily. When you do, you can make sure you get a Titan really quick. 1 hit kill with basically anything. Archer rockets insta-kill Doomed Titans for example, and Hemlock is just super good, it even has great hip-fire when Amped (I'll show a gif when it uploads).

All of that is better than a bit more health.

Battery boost fucks up my Nuclear Ejection Northstar tactic :(

Northstar is fine if you cluster bomb yourself and stand within the Bounty Titan's dome. When you walk inside, it seems like you can do damage (so pop smoke and do a couple shots so you can be sure you get the kill).

deoee

Do you happen to know if my Electric smoke kills my grab hook nipples?

I have the feeling it does but I can not confirm it

Izuna

Banned
Titan Tier List:

S = Tone
A = Ion
B = Northstar, Ronin, Scorch
C = Legion

---

Ion is A-Class because she counters the most Titans in 6-4 or 5.5-4.5 matchups (Legion, Northstar, Ronin) while going 5-5 with Tone and having the BEST Gooser capability.

Tone is S-Class because she basically has zero bad match-ups, and when she's in the hands of a really good player, she can also Goose consistently. With the improved Particle Wall and Sonar, she is the only Support Titan in the game while also having the best DPS at most ranges. She can also damage herself for Nuclear Ejection in Bounty Hunt and shoot into almost all Banks.

deoee

The worst part of Tone is how strong her weapon is against pilots.

You're never able to hide.
Even if you manage, she can shoot her Pulse, shoot in your general direction and the splash damage will get you...
So annoying :(

Chris1

I never said that. I said there is nothing wrong with getting good and performing well. All that matter is quick matches, not some invisible algorithm that makes sure every match is a sweatfest. That is not fun and doesn't belong in this game. Also, the population is too limited for any type of real SBMM.

Respawn would be foolish to turn on SBMM after seeing how the COD community hated it and how now the Destiny community hates it even more.

Agree I fucking hate SBMM, having to sweat every game isn't fun. Sometimes I just wanna kick back relax and play a game. If that means some matches are one sided then so be it.

I hear xbox has 40K players

That's nice. Ps4 has 30K . Weird that the bigger console is lower. I feel like a lot of people didn't even know about the free weekend

I wish people could actually get notifications from ps/Xbox for these kinds of things

Izuna

Banned
I hear xbox has 40K players

That's nice. Ps4 has 30K . Weird that the bigger console is lower. I feel like a lot of people didn't even know about the free weekend

I wish people could actually get notifications from ps/Xbox for these kinds of things

Xbox was rocking 50k earlier.

Thing is, R1 was on Xbox One, so it makes sense. Also, I feel that the casual user base (which makes PS4 bigger) would stick to BF1 and CoD. Though I think I read somewhere that the online players for both consoles was similar, because a lot of PS4s have never been online etc.

I like the current system of keeping the games more casual with quick match acquisition and short lasting games. It goes with the manic play-style the game was designed to have implemented. Also, when the occasional lopsided match happens (to my advantage or not), it's over quickly. This allows me to play a quick match or two in the morning after a cup of coffee before heading off to teach.

I've never been good enough to be a try-hard, but I have my matches where I'm top of the leaderboard. Ultimately, this game is really no different for me than Destiny or any other game with SBMM.

Zemm

SBMM isn't going to solve the issue people are posting in here. Playing enough Overwatch was proof of that for me, no matter how good you are you'll always have some teammate stinking it up for whatever reason and games were almost always a stomp one way or the other even in ranked.

That doesn't even go into the 2-3 minute waiting for matches that could happen with a player-base ten times as large as this one.

If SBMM was implemented people would just complain about wait times (I know I would, I love how quick getting into matches is) or every match being sweaty.

The game just needs to make it so you aren't getting the same map 3+ times in a row. That sucks.

E92 M3

SBMM isn't going to solve the issue people are posting in here. Playing enough Overwatch was proof of that for me, no matter how good you are you'll always have some teammate stinking it up for whatever reason and games were almost always a stomp one way or the other even in ranked.

That doesn't even go into the 2-3 minute waiting for matches that could happen with a player-base ten times as large as this one.

If SBMM was implemented people would just complain about wait times (I know I would, I love how quick getting into matches is) or every match being sweaty.

The game just needs to make it so you aren't getting the same map 3+ times in a row. That sucks.

Supposedly, we're not supposed to play the same map sequentially. Might be a bug.

The worst part of Tone is how strong her weapon is against pilots.

You're never able to hide.
Even if you manage, she can shoot her Pulse, shoot in your general direction and the splash damage will get you...
So annoying :(
As a titan slayer, i agree. The only titan that consistently 180 no scope me. So annoying. You can't hide, even if it's halfway across the map

Animator

If that was true nobody would be playing overwatch right now.

Sorry you are not going to be winning all the time. SBMM is bullshit in games like this. I am not playing titanfall to wait 5 minutes between matches so it can match my "skill".

Izuna

Banned
Another JIP where the other team had +$1000 and 4 Titans up (vs. 0)

I'm going to post a video tomorrow of how I made that comeback and got $4000 Bounty (not the whole match, mind you, maybe last 6 mins). I'll upload that tmr.

So basically... Complex is interesting with Nuclear and Phase Shift because there are situations where it's almost impossible to escape from it, but with Phase you can be the only one that does.

ANYWAY... I think Bounty Hunt REQUIRES the Nuclear on Bounty Titans as it's the only way that allows me to carry so damn hard. Without it, I think maps like Complex will make carrying almost impossible. I understand this is meant to be a team game, but well, it's also stupidly easy in a full team anyway.

I'll finish tonight with this clip: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Cobalt Izuna/video/24214725

Tone is too good to switch away from tbh.

Izuna

Banned
This felt so good. Ronin ranks up there with Tone as my favorite now.

vJeJAmo.gif

Yup... It's beautiful

~~~

I can't wait until you can see my Tone carry lmao... I take out like 3 Titans in a row (without nuclear).

I'll have to wait until tomorrow to share it though.

$4000 Bounty in a JIP game is just embarrassing for the other team. And probably really annoying for them lmao. They much have wondered wtf happened.

If I had better internet (or could copy clips to a USB stick or something) I would make a montage, but meh. Goosing is so easy that it doesn't matter if it happens 3 or so times a match.

E92 M3

Yup... It's beautiful

~~~

I can't wait until you can see my Tone carry lmao... I take out like 3 Titans in a row (without nuclear).

I'll have to wait until tomorrow to share it though.

$4000 Bounty in a JIP game is just embarrassing for the other team. And probably really annoying for them lmao. They much have wondered wtf happened.

If I had better internet (or could copy clips to a USB stick or something) I would make a montage, but meh. Goosing is so easy that it doesn't matter if it happens 3 or so times a match.

That's a how Tone should be played ;) I got her to Gen 21, but now working on Ronin. Idk how you play bounty hunt, I just don't have fun in it lol.

I have to play more titans

I've stuck to scorch because he's loveable

Ion is so fun because she wrecks pilots. Though I feel her r1 move was nerfed

Didn't know she was a girl either lol. So much misgendering

Haven't touched north star or the flying one, feel too dirty picking tone.

I love this game and will hope respawn continues working on its problems. Excited for the next map too. Angel city is great.

E92 M3

I have to play more titans

I've stuck to scorch because he's loveable

Ion is so fun because she wrecks pilots. Though I feel her r1 move was nerfed

Didn't know she was a girl either lol. So much misgendering

Haven't touched north star or the flying one, feel too dirty picking tone.

I love this game and will hope respawn continues working on its problems. Excited for the next map too. Angel city is great.

Northstar is the flying one :p

Also, Tone has had significant nerfs (compared to how she was). Her 40mm is a lot less accurate.

Izuna

Banned
fuck join in progress holy fucking shit respawn

Finally got a loss today. I join like 200 Attrition points deep and we lose by 5 points as I realise I joined the worst team ever... FFS... I shouldn't have played once more.

That's a how Tone should be played ;) I got her to Gen 21, but now working on Ronin. Idk how you play bounty hunt, I just don't have fun in it lol.

Bounty Hunt > R2 Attrition tbh.

R2 Attrition may as well be Skirmish.

Top Bottom