• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Ah Northstar is the flyer eh. Got it.

I don't like LTS. Thought it'd be more tactical but it just doesn't feel good. Game was meant for modes like attrition and CTF.

Anyone have any ideas for DLC?

Tactical: show enemy footprints and boost trails

pauljeremiah

Gold Member
Just after finishing the SP, really enjoyed it.

I assume the part that everyone was talking about was the level when you
have to pass back and forth between time
, which I thought was the best level in the game and had some fantastic puzzle elements to it too.

Really shows how badly implicated the wall running is in COD.

Overall I think it's the best FPS SP I've played all year.

Izuna

Banned
That's a little weird... My stats aren't updating after I play a game of Attrition

Only the MVP stat. Not wins or anything else.
I wonder if they're just... broken...

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Post mortem frag

YaOho797BjsB2.gif

Izuna

Banned
I had to turn all the medals etc. off in this game. Only UI thing I have on is the killfeed.

It would seem my stats are bugged or something. Only MVPs are updating. I'll try play a game without quitting at epilogue (last one before sleep).

ironcreed

Banned
I was not sure about this game at first because it is not your usual suspect and took some getting used to. But the more I played, the more there was just something about it that kept pulling me in. Now it is reminding me of the first time I played Halo and how wowed I was by it. It's that good and deserves to be in that same company of memorable games that come along and stand out. Unbelievable that it has slid under the radar because of EA's release timing.

Izuna

Banned
Bug Report: quitting game at epilogue seems to break the stat tracking... (wooooow I must have lost like half of my stats to this!)

If you leave at epilogue, win or lose, it doesn't go towards Games Won or Games Played. However, your Times MVP does go up (dunno about Top 3).

Is there a form where I can submit these? Rhyme, are you reading these bug reports?

Izuna

Banned
Why? If you’re on the losing team, you can earn a credit by a successful evac. As the winning team, it’s free shots (damage/kills).

I don't really care for merits, you max out at Gen 10.50 anyway. It's not exactly an efficient way to grind it either.

As for being on the winning team, I'd rather start a new game up. I've played a LOT of epilogue since R1.

EL CUCO

Bug Report: quitting game at epilogue seems to break the stat tracking... (wooooow I must have lost like half of my stats to this!)

If you leave at epilogue, win or lose, it doesn't go towards Games Won or Games Played. However, your Times MVP does go up (dunno about Top 3).

Is there a form where I can submit these? Rhyme, are you reading these bug reports?
I wonder if this was probably happening to you in TF1 as well lol

Also, good job ruining your teammates' merits :p

I like the epilogue. It just adds another layer to the match.

Yeah it's a fantastic idea. Wish more games would do it because playing anything else feels lame when it just ends

It gives a great motivation for losers too. When I escape in the ship, I actually forget I lost the match. Fantastic concept

ironcreed

Banned
Yeah it's a fantastic idea. Wish more games would do it because playing anything else feels lame when it just ends

It gives a great motivation for losers too. When I escape in the ship, I actually forget I lost the match. Fantastic concept

Exactly. It's like a little game of 'defend the territory' and then you get rewarded for making your escape.

Izuna

Banned
400MB? RIP... I'll upload this at University I guess...

Stay Tuned. It's probably the coolest solo Bounty Hunt gameplay and shows why you should be using Phase Shift

Keihart

Ah Northstar is the flyer eh. Got it.

I don't like LTS. Thought it'd be more tactical but it just doesn't feel good. Game was meant for modes like attrition and CTF.

Anyone have any ideas for DLC?

Tactical: show enemy footprints and boost trails

Following the ninja theme on tacticals...there could be something like ronin sword for pilots.

I personaly would like a tactical to use my titan as wall runing buddy, maybe he could launch you to give you speed or use his hads to give you a place to wall run at times.

Something like phase embark but for descembarking the titan would be cool too.

So, can anyone tell me how's the population in Europe for PC (outside of the free trial)? Thinking about buying it for me and a friend. We mainly care about Amped Hardpoint.

Discobird

I don't think this counts... You weren't the one that killed the Titan, if you had been it would have taken longer to switch to Long-range mode as you needed or you would have been out of ammo and had to reload.

Well if I'm the one killing the titan I would already be revved up so it would be even easier. And I'm usually in long range mode already because it's so much better for pilot killing and the short range power shot drops off really fast with range (and again, you don't really want to be up close with other titans as Legion). I position with him almost like you would with Northstar.

Fair point about the ammo, sometimes you just don't have enough, but it's something you can manage by being aware of how much ammo you have relative to the enemy titan's health. Once I doom a titan I'll actually stop shooting for a split second to see if he immediately ejects (some people will mash eject or use the autoeject kit), so as not to waste ammo. If teammates are helping, I'll also try and time my reloads so that I know I'll have enough left for the gooser after me or a teammate dooms the titan. In a pure 1v1 it's harder to optimize your reloads I admit.

Also it doesn't really take that much ammo to get a gooser, I've done it in as little as 16 ammo (8 shots of long range mode) by timing my shots with the apex of the ejection when the pilot is hanging in the air. Even if you don't take any special steps to manage your ammo, you will have at least 16 rounds left after killing a titan the majority of the time.

seeing how you died by a fall, the game seems to have glitched out and thought you were out of bound some how and killed you immediately

I *THINK* it has something to do with the boxes in front of my Titan, I might triggered some sort of collision glitch by disembarking in and out of it.

Durden77

Does anyone ekse have a problem with this game crashing? Like 4 times during the story mode I've gotten the "an error has occurred in this application" and it shuts off. PS4.

Dude just went 44 and 5 in pilots vs pilots on the other team and they still lost lol. That's gotta suck.

Edit: 2 games later I went 40 and 8, we won by 2.

I just can't stop watching these videos of top players just flying across the map while mowing down almost everybody in their path. If that wasn't enough, they're also killing guys from really far distances without ADS either. I'm never going to have the reactions, awareness, or aim of these guys. But I hope I can soar through the map like that someday.

I've been trying to learn how to bunny hop but their is just something I'm not getting I guess. I've watched the tutorial videos and have tried doing exactly what they've said but I either slow down or stand up when I hit the ground. It doesn't help that I have to try and get use to jumping with R1 instead of X(on PS4) which I got so use to by now. I'll just keep grinding it until I get better though.

No Love

Banned
Going 23-7 over and over. I'd rather do 18 and 12+ for Titan Kills, need to break the ceiling. Titan kills are so much more satisfying.

I just can't stop watching these videos of top players just flying across the map while mowing down almost everybody in their path. If that wasn't enough, they're also killing guys from really far distances without ADS either. I'm never going to have the reactions, awareness, or aim of these guys. But I hope I can soar through the map like that someday.

I've been trying to learn how to bunny hop but their is just something I'm not getting I guess. I've watched the tutorial videos and have tried doing exactly what they've said but I either slow down or stand up when I hit the ground. It doesn't help that I have to try and get use to jumping with R1 instead of X(on PS4) which I got so use to by now. I'll just keep grinding it until I get better though.

Bunnyhopping itself isn't hard, air strafing to turn during it is the hardest part.

Bunnyhopping itself isn't hard, air strafing to turn during it is the hardest part.

Their just had to be one difficult part of the process. I guess they didn't want everybody zipping around the map instantly.

Well if I ever do learn at least I know it'll feel very satisfying. I played SF4 a lot and even competed in tournaments for it. And it always felt so good when I could land the more difficult combos and links in that game.

Their just had to be one difficult part of the process. I guess they didn't want everybody zipping around the map instantly.

Well if I ever do learn at least I know it'll feel very satisfying. I played SF4 a lot and even competed in tournaments for it. And it always felt so good when I could land the more difficult combos and links in that game.

You don't have to perfect your bhopping to succeed, just learn using basic bhoping to maintain your speed between wallruns already puts you far above the majority of players out there.

dankir

Has anybody had some wierd issues with merits being awarded? I've played around 400 matches and can't remember a time where my faction level didn't advanced after each match.

This started happening after the Angel City DLC last week.

So here's my score II DINX II btw.
Screenshot-Original.png

and the same game summary
Screenshot-Original.png

And my Ronin didn't level up either. I had lots of Pilot Melee kills in this game too...Is that normal?

fun clip of me chasing down a pilot in my Ronin only to explode him mid air with Lead Wall.. so fun :D
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/II DINX II/video/24221086

Damn the reload is so slow! It's bad enough it takes 4 hits to kill Pilots. I have to lead it with a grenade to stun them first.

Aim for their feet from above, the splash damage and radius is so big that one or two shots connecting would be a instant kill. It is the best pilot killing weapon in the grenadier class, at least as good as the Softball.

SwolBro

Banned
I absolutely love the people replying with "bah it's an smg!" Completely missing the fucking point of what I'm saying.

Ripping people to shreds with a hemlock that requires no skill in aiming, no skill in movement, no skill in anything but to be a potato pilot just because "well dude it's an AR" isn't a justification

I swear the majority of people don't have a fucking clue on what they're talking about. It doesn't matter what the gun is called. The game should do what it can to facilitate GUN DUALS not 1 burst headshots that can be accomplished regardless of movement of your opponent.

It doesn't matter that I was shooting this guy with an smg, he sat there long enough that I shouldn't have been limited by the gun considering I was pulsing my shots enough. The issue was within the speed in which the hemlock could take me down. At this point most players in this game on console (regardless of skill) is better served with a hemlock just like they were with the cloak pre nerf.

Can some of you understand that or no? Am I just not communicating clearly enough for you guys? I probably am but I'm sure it's the nature of most players that don't play at a high level so there's no point in me explaining it further.....

I just switch to the hemlock and rip all of you down from a rooftop and sit back listening to the cries of "omg they're just headglitch camping"

I absolutely love the people replying with "bah it's an smg!" Completely missing the fucking point of what I'm saying.

Ripping people to shreds with a hemlock that requires no skill in aiming, no skill in movement, no skill in anything but to be a potato pilot just because "well dude it's an AR" isn't a justification

I swear the majority of people don't have a fucking clue on what they're talking about. It doesn't matter what the gun is called. The game should do what it can to facilitate GUN DUALS not 1 burst headshots that can be accomplished regardless of movement of your opponent.

It doesn't matter that I was shooting this guy with an smg, he sat there long enough that I shouldn't have been limited by the gun considering I was pulsing my shots enough. The issue was within the speed in which the hemlock could take me down. At this point most players in this game on console (regardless of skill) is better served with a hemlock just like they were with the cloak pre nerf.

Can some of you understand that or no? Am I just not communicating clearly enough for you guys? I probably am but I'm sure it's the nature of most players that don't play at a high level so there's no point in me explaining it further.....

I just switch to the hemlock and rip all of you down from a rooftop and sit back listening to the cries of "omg they're just headglitch camping"

Your previous post was actually really not that clear... I get your point and completely agree with you though.

SwolBro

Banned
Your previous post was actually really not that clear... I get your point and completely agree with you though.
The gif itself should have illustrated my point. Here I am spacing shots, moving and trying to carefully track the target and here comes a cloaked pilot that jumps off a ledge and lands on the ground hitting me with 1 burst and I'm done in a mellisecond .

Was he lucky ? Skillful? No because that is what the gun does for everyone . If I took a screen shot of the final score you'd still see I outgunned everyone in that match by a wide margin. So it had nothing to do with skill gap or me being foolish to engage at distance with the wrong gun.

The point is titanfall shouldn't be like COD. It should require you to battle people with movement . It shouldn't cater to a sit back and headshot from distance approach. That works for a game like halo that requires multiple hits to drop you, not a twitch shooter like this.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
I freaking love it.

I just want a good deal to jump in

Ready to go ham on another fps xD

Ps: full price in psn, and Amazon does not have it, only through third parties

Damn! Hope you find a good deal. In fairness, though, TF2 is so worth every $60 cent. :) It really is, but perfectly understandable to want to find a better deal. I suggest Amazon. Once they have it in stock.

These Gamesager videos are a summary of why R1 was a better game. Pilots vs. Pilots is so boring...

This is him playing R1 btw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebb60Vlqozk

He literally camps on the rooftop of Angel City during CTF...

Yep. Same reason why I don't watch his montages unless it's for movement. Every vid I load, I see that there's no Titan gameplay and I go "eh, that's not the essence of TF." You can go 30-2, and I wouldn't care if you did it without Titans. Titans are fucking FUN! I have no idea why anyone would want to not be in one. I mostly play Pilots with the goal of getting my Titan always. :)

Holy hell 50k on Xbox and 32k online on PS4.

I saw 33K on PS4 earlier, I think. :D Even if that doesn't stick, I'm definitely fine with 25K on weekends. The amount of "GAF was right!!!" posts here in this OT and that MP trial thread is kinda enough for me to know that a lot of people do not know what they're missing.

Loving Angel City. Quick question about the Gaming Community sub section of NeoGaf. When and how is it decided that a games OT goes to the Cimmunity section?
No one knows exactly. Maybe due to inactivity or just a few people posting? But if so, Infinite Warfare OT should already be here, right? Barely anyone posts there.

Respawn, could you please buff Legion? Back to launch numbers? Thanks

Northstar is like level 2 for me, and Legion is at Gen2.4 I think. Other Titans are Gen4, Gen6, etc. I find him kind restrictive in terms of killing Titans and Pilots since it takes a while to switch weapons, load up his chaingun, etc.

Nice boost from the demo; 39k playing on Xbox One last night.

Pssst! It was 50K. :)

I feel like everything should be buffed back to launch. All the skills they nerfed are pretty much useless now. Phase Shift s next for the nerf bat IMO. It's the only decent skill now. Just let all the skills and weapons be OP like in MW2.

They should maybe find a good compromise with Cloak and really find a good use for the holo one. I mean, I use it but mostly for funsies, and I can see why people would think it's useless.

Screw it. I figured that I might as well go ahead and just pick this up in addition to BF1 while it is $36. After all, I do like it and planned on getting it anyway, so it would be stupid for me to let it go back up in price and then have to wait for a deal again. Besides, I already started getting invested in progression and really want to play the campaign as well.

Woohoo! :)

Both are great games and different enough that having both will keep you from getting burned out and add longevity to them.

Yep. I agree. EA did so wrong in the release date, but the two shooters are different enough that they can co-exist without the player burning out.

So after the free weekend i've now bought the game.

You got me good Respawn, you got me good.

Oh, and Complex and Crash Site are just so bad... Bleh.

We played pretty much 10 hours into this free weekend and there's still Boomtown, Eden and some other map i've never seen and we played mainly Amped Hardpoint, Mixtape and ofc Angel City 24/7 (yes I realize it's 1 map only playlist).

I suggest using Stim and an SMG in Complex and Scorch for the Titan. Easy kills all day, everyday. :) Crash Site, I use Hemlock and Scorch since the tight spaces mean Pilots can't run around that much.

SBMM isn't going to solve the issue people are posting in here. Playing enough Overwatch was proof of that for me, no matter how good you are you'll always have some teammate stinking it up for whatever reason and games were almost always a stomp one way or the other even in ranked.

That doesn't even go into the 2-3 minute waiting for matches that could happen with a player-base ten times as large as this one.

If SBMM was implemented people would just complain about wait times (I know I would, I love how quick getting into matches is) or every match being sweaty.

The game just needs to make it so you aren't getting the same map 3+ times in a row. That sucks.

Yep, I agree. SBMM won't fix anything and will mean we wait longer in between matches. I'd rather have a good connection and play instantly than have to wait. I mean, even in games that have super big player bases (CoD, etc.) they don't use SBMM and rely on connection first and then SBMM factors in.

I finally got to play Attrition in Angel City! Mind, this is from a regular map rotation! :D

Ok. So I played attrition for the first time ever earlier, and this game has I think finally really clicked for me.

Yep. This is the only mode I play and I still am not tired of it (Gen7 now). :)

Really? Damnit! I did that a few times. I don't see my stats updating at all, to be honest. It's been stuck in the same number even if I do really well in consecutive games, etc. Same with win rate, etc.

Top Bottom