• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Rayme

Bug Report: quitting game at epilogue seems to break the stat tracking... (wooooow I must have lost like half of my stats to this!)

If you leave at epilogue, win or lose, it doesn't go towards Games Won or Games Played. However, your Times MVP does go up (dunno about Top 3).

Is there a form where I can submit these? Rhyme, are you reading these bug reports?

Feel free to PM anything to me, Cobalt Azalea; I don't mind.

(This one is new to me; I'll add it to tracking, hopefully it's already a known issue.)

..the official forums are good for making sure your bug report is noticed and filed away for sure, but that requires an EA login, afaik.

Oh yeah, I definitely got the same map twice in a row in Attrition. Was that not supposed to happen?

Also, Gravity Star with the Thunderbolt shot orbiting it looks kinda cool. But is it any more effective?

Durden77

Just finished the campaign. Damn that was good. Really good. I loved how legit exciting it was. That the set pieces felt so natural an not like bullshit. And of course, BT.

Now it's all multiplayer, which I have been adoring. Time to prestige my face off.

I absolutely love the people replying with "bah it's an smg!" Completely missing the fucking point of what I'm saying.

Ripping people to shreds with a hemlock that requires no skill in aiming, no skill in movement, no skill in anything but to be a potato pilot just because "well dude it's an AR" isn't a justification

I swear the majority of people don't have a fucking clue on what they're talking about. It doesn't matter what the gun is called. The game should do what it can to facilitate GUN DUALS not 1 burst headshots that can be accomplished regardless of movement of your opponent.

It doesn't matter that I was shooting this guy with an smg, he sat there long enough that I shouldn't have been limited by the gun considering I was pulsing my shots enough. The issue was within the speed in which the hemlock could take me down. At this point most players in this game on console (regardless of skill) is better served with a hemlock just like they were with the cloak pre nerf.

Can some of you understand that or no? Am I just not communicating clearly enough for you guys? I probably am but I'm sure it's the nature of most players that don't play at a high level so there's no point in me explaining it further.....

I just switch to the hemlock and rip all of you down from a rooftop and sit back listening to the cries of "omg they're just headglitch camping"
But you really don't know if he was amped or got a headshot. I'm still not sure which guy got you. If it was the one that jumps on your roof, you would have died no matter the gun. He still had to aim to kill you, no? Not sure what the issue is... Hemlock or volt? Is it unfair that the volt would take down a hemlock user much quicker in cqc? PvP woes, i guess. My idea still stands that all boosts should be removed from that mode and I would definitely play it more. Not sure why you are talking smack about cod when all you seem to play is the cod mode. Not many of your complaints hold true for most of the other modes.
If we see people head glitching with hemlocks we call it out on the mic and work to take them down, in the groups i play with. We don't really play pvp, though, so there is no way to know exactly how it impacts your games.
I guess most of us aren't on your level

Easy way to make Cloak viable again without "breaking" it (though I never thought it was broken)- when you break Cloak, the cooldown goes down by a % equal to amount of Cloak you had left (and maybe increase Cloak's cooldown to compensate).

Only when partying up. If I am solo, it's fine. And for whatever reason, it is only TitanFall 2. Overwatch is fine.

Got tired of it failing so I am doing some Trophy hunting.

That sucks, man. Have you tried any router tweaks? DNS changes? Maybe send Rayme a message :)

Easy way to make Cloak viable again without "breaking" it (though I never thought it was broken)- when you break Cloak, the cooldown goes down by a % equal to amount of Cloak you had left (and maybe increase Cloak's cooldown to compensate).
Cloak is still viable. Works great on many maps/modes and is still awesome for engaging titans. Not as effective asbefore but still viable

Cloak is still viable. Works great on many maps/modes and is still awesome for engaging titans. Not as effective asbefore but still viable
Phase Shift outclasses it in every way now. Cloak is super visible to Pilots and you can't effectively do anything to Titans with it (even rodeo, since you're not Cloaked while rodeoing).

Goosing people is not the biggest thing when it comes to pilot killing. Ronin's main weapon 1 shots pilots, and no he does can hit rooftop pilots, his melee is significantly easier to hit pilots due to the swing, and sword block means he is not really that fragile against pilots. Yes Ronin has big weaknesses against ranged attacks but Phase Dash and his pure speed means you can't really do much against him either. But if he caught you, you are 100% dead, and it doesn't even take any skill for a Ronin to kill a pilot that is in his sight.

I'd say it's a relatively significant part of the game. The pilots that eject their Titan's are an immediate threat to your Titan, so it's pretty important to take them out if possible. They also have the opportunity to get a major boost towards their next Titan if they do manage to damage or kill you, so it's incredibly influential if you can prevent them from doing that.

As for whether he can shoot people on rooftops, there are a wide variety of rooftops in the game, some within his range, some outside, but given that the shotgun will only one-shot players within a certain range and has a definitive drop off, there are plenty of ranges and situations where pilots can avoid most major damage that Ronin can dish out.

Sword block is 'okay', but bad in comparison to Tone's wall, Ion's shield and Scorch's shield. Phase Dashing is for evading but doesn't resolve most combat scenarios, whatever was shooting at you before, will still be shooting at you afterwards unless you're planning on running away and disengaging all together.

Discobird

The gif itself should have illustrated my point. Here I am spacing shots, moving and trying to carefully track the target and here comes a cloaked pilot that jumps off a ledge and lands on the ground hitting me with 1 burst and I'm done in a mellisecond .

Was he lucky ? Skillful? No because that is what the gun does for everyone . If I took a screen shot of the final score you'd still see I outgunned everyone in that match by a wide margin. So it had nothing to do with skill gap or me being foolish to engage at distance with the wrong gun.

I get what you're saying, it's not about your Volt or your tactics, it's about his Hemlok. At that range three body shots from the Hemlok don't kill, though, so he either got a headshot or was amped (or someone else shot you at the same time). Are you saying two body shots and a headshot or three amped body shots shouldn't kill from that range? What's an acceptable range for that to happen?

The point is titanfall shouldn't be like COD. It should require you to battle people with movement . It shouldn't cater to a sit back and headshot from distance approach. That works for a game like halo that requires multiple hits to drop you, not a twitch shooter like this.

Why are the sniper rifles and the G2 in the game then?

Phase Shift outclasses it in every way now. Cloak is super visible to Pilots and you can't effectively do anything to Titans with it (even rodeo, since you're not Cloaked while rodeoing).

Yeah cloak is even worse now than it was in Titanfall 1, and it was already pretty terrible there.

Discobird

I know I'm in the minority here, but I actually enjoy attrition in this game more than in the first, and I think I figured out why. In R1 shooting revealed your exact location on the minimap, and since I like to flank with close-range guns I always felt like I had to choose between farming minions and hunting pilots. In this game shooting only gives away your general direction and it does that for players and minions alike, so I can farm to my heart's content without giving up the surprise factor. Another small design change I really like about this game.

Izuna

Banned
I just switch to the hemlock and rip all of you down from a rooftop and sit back listening to the cries of "omg they're just headglitch camping"

If the hemlock is that op for you, just use it. Honestly, it just feels like all of these complaints are amplified by the PvP and an intended side effect of the maps.

The benefits of having an SMG (as well as Volt in general) is removed by playing that mode. They're faster at killing minions... Easier to react (when doing so) and switching your aim to a pilot, and can take out people in a Bank/etc. Faster.

In other modes, as a good player, you'd rarely be without a Titan anyway. It's a completely non-issue. Balancing for PvP is a bad idea, and it's why people will dismiss the idea that an SMG should be able to kill across the map. I mean, why not a the R-201?

Edit:Silly dp

The gif itself should have illustrated my point. Here I am spacing shots, moving and trying to carefully track the target and here comes a cloaked pilot that jumps off a ledge and lands on the ground hitting me with 1 burst and I'm done in a mellisecond .

Was he lucky ? Skillful? No because that is what the gun does for everyone . If I took a screen shot of the final score you'd still see I outgunned everyone in that match by a wide margin. So it had nothing to do with skill gap or me being foolish to engage at distance with the wrong gun.

The point is titanfall shouldn't be like COD. It should require you to battle people with movement . It shouldn't cater to a sit back and headshot from distance approach. That works for a game like halo that requires multiple hits to drop you, not a twitch shooter like this.
He aimed and hit you in the head while you were standing on a roof top revealing your position trying to kill a pilot outside your effective range.

Izuna

Banned
They should make it so nuclear ejection doesn't count to your next Titan build. That's ridiculously cheap.

It was be completely useless if that were the case...

Honestly, escaping nuclear is easy, and manual ejection to get escape when you otherwise can't doesn't give any build meter.

Outside of Bounty Titans, I've only been about to hit nuclear since the free weekend.

I can't remember the last time I died to one... Maybe that one time I thought my dome shield lasted longer than it did.

----

Needing it to Bounty Titans will make some classes super useless in that noise (North star)... Maybe make them better at evading or smth

Played TF2 free weekend on xbox.

This game is sooooooooo much more satisfying to play than that damn infinite warfare.

The gunplay in TF2 makes infinite warfares gunplay feel like one big bug that I've had no ability to fix since I bought it.

The maps are so much more dynamic too.

The gameplay evolution is more dynamic too. My favourite thing to do is sit on top of a friendly Titan with an anti Titan laser, with my own Titan in auto-follow mode. So much fun.

The ai battles and engagements seem to be much more involved than TF1.

I think I will be buying the game very soon.

deoee

Played TF2 free weekend on xbox.

This game is sooooooooo much more satisfying to play than that damn infinite warfare.

The gunplay in TF2 makes infinite warfares gunplay feel like one big bug that I've had no ability to fix since I bought it.

The maps are so much more dynamic too.

The gameplay evolution is more dynamic too. My favourite thing to do is sit on top of a friendly Titan with an anti Titan laser, with my own Titan in auto-follow mode. So much fun.

The ai battles and engagements seem to be much more involved than TF1.

I think I will be buying the game very soon.

Welcome <3

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
It was be completely useless if that were the case...

Honestly, escaping nuclear is easy, and manual ejection to get escape when you otherwise can't doesn't give any build meter.

Outside of Bounty Titans, I've only been about to hit nuclear since the free weekend.

I can't remember the last time I died to one... Maybe that one time I thought my dome shield lasted longer than it did.

----

Needing it to Bounty Titans will make some classes super useless in that noise (North star)... Maybe make them better at evading or smth

Yep, nerfing Nuke would render it completely useless. I don't get any kills with it much now since people expect it already. Can people stop with asking for nerfs in every damn thing that kills them, please? Adapt, learn and be better. Asking for nerfs for everything except the kits you use is just asinine.

Respawn, Rayme, throw people a bone here. Can Titans not auto wander off when called in? I press down on the d-pad on PS4 and sometimes, those freakin' bastards STILL go somewhere else. I just want to put a battery in and it's making things tough. By the time I get to putting it in, they're already at 50 percent health.

I played Crash Site now and I spawned in, with the opposing team leading by 100 points already (Attrition). I managed to call in my Scorch early, had it drop down where I was and it fucking dropped far, far away. Like, I wanted it to drop on an enemy Titan and it dropped at the farthest point it can. Needless to say, my Titan got killed before I even got to it. And then that battery thing happened and I just got so pissed off, I quit out of the match due to frustration more than anything. I can take losing, being killed off, etc. but not to factors beyond my control. I friggin' hate being put into games with either 200-300ms pings, or the enemy team leads by 100 points. And worse thing is, you get a loss for joining these matches. Sigh.

----

On another note, I agree with the people here that think the game should NOT be balanced for Pilots vs. Pilots. Seriously, the game is TITANfall and it should be balanced with that in mind. I don't get why people even want Pilots vs. Pilots. It's like chucking out an entire dynamic part of the game just to pad KDR. Same reason why Gamesager's vids don't get love from me. He can kill Pilots easy, but is he any good in Titans or against competent players?

---

And yep, happened to me three fucking times in a row now. I had one game (in Angel City, even) where I had 300ms! Not being a dick, but I'm kinda good (I think) so I still finished second and we won easy. Next game, Drydock and I once again get 250ms. We were winning but it was so frustrating having to unload an entire clip and not see the enemy die that I just quit out. I had like 2-3 instances where I could have gotten a double kill but nope, lag shat on my end and my bullets have a hard time killing grunts even. Sigh. That might be the only thing that would seriously make me not play it anymore. It's one thing to lose, but another to lose since you're being matched up with bad lag.

There's more than 9K players on PS4 now; surely I could be matched somewhere I won't lag? It happened earlier as well but the next match put me in the red zone ping again. Sigh.

Izuna

Banned
Your pings are seriously high, :| may be worth looking into.

----

One note: you can't call a Titan anywhere where there is a dome shield. Friendly or not. I think this is a change from R1.

I've gotten pretty good at knowing how to stop it from falling in the wrong place, even Complex.

It's poorly handled in some maps. There are so many places where you can't drop a Titan and there seems to be no logic in stopping you from dropping one super far away. There should be some drop-off point. No one intends on having their Titan fall on the other end of the map.

E92 M3

Going 23-7 over and over. I'd rather do 18 and 12+ for Titan Kills, need to break the ceiling. Titan kills are so much more satisfying.

The most Titan kills I ever had in attrition was 10 - and that was essentially a perfect storm. Can't ever see myself getting 12 in one match.

They should make it so nuclear ejection doesn't count to your next Titan build. That's ridiculously cheap.

Nah, avoiding nuclear explosions is extremely easy. How about instead of blaming the nuke, blame the player that didn't anticipate it properly and died? No Mo dumb nerfs. It's extremely satisfying to get a nuke kill and get the Titan back before touching the ground.

IT FEELS GOOD - and that's all that matters. I don't want to see this game diluted because of constant complaining about frivolous matters.

--

About the cloak: the nerf did not affect my playstyle with the cloak. I thought it would be a lot worse than it actually is. Still just as successful.

----

One note: you can't call a Titan anywhere where there is a dome shield. Friendly or not. I think this is a change from R1.

I've gotten pretty good at knowing how to stop it from falling in the wrong place, even Complex.

It's poorly handled in some maps. There are so many places where you can't drop a Titan and there seems to be no logic in stopping you from dropping one super far away. There should be some drop-off point. No one intends on having their Titan fall on the other end of the map.

Yeah, I've tried dropping on domed Titans, but I see why they blocked it. Other than that, Titans always drop near me as long as there is an open sky.

Izuna

Banned
I must have bad luck then. I haven't seen it yet in Attrition.

Map rotation is pretty bad in this game. :( or rather, Angel City >>>>> other maps that it makes you look out for it a bunch

It took me about 5-6 hours of Bounty Hunt to get it.

E92 M3

I've seen Angel City come up in attrition once. Also, the maps aren't that bad in this game. Crash Site I truly hate, but everything else is alright. I ENJOY Eden, Boomtown, and Exoplanet a lot.

Alx

Even Crash Site is fine as a pilot with a grappling hook, since you can swing around and do crazy moves. Titan combat gets easily chaotic in its narrow alleys, but it's still fun.
You just need to forget about the silly starting position that can stay stuck in trench warfare for too long (I usually shoot a few rounds in the first seconds to pretend I'm staying there, and then run to the other end to start farming grunts or flanking opponents)

deoee

I've seen Angel City come up in attrition once. Also, the maps aren't that bad in this game. Crash Site I truly hate, but everything else is alright. I ENJOY Eden, Boomtown, and Exoplanet a lot.

Yeah the maps are okay but I agree that Crash Site and Complex are not that well designed (gameplay wise).

I also played Blackwater for the first time yesterday, after ~45h of Multiplayer :D :D
I also dominated and cashed in 3400$ but this shows, how strange the map rotation works :D

E92 M3

Yeah the maps are okay but I agree that Crash Site and Complex are not that well designed (gameplay wise).

I also played Blackwater for the first time yesterday, after ~45h of Multiplayer :D :D
I also dominated and cashed in 3400$ but this shows, how strange the map rotation works :D

Which reminds me that I like Dry Dock a lot as well. After the patch, it seems like map rotation became a bit buggy. I was definitely getting duplicate maps.

All that said, we need SNOW MAPS ;)

ironcreed

Banned
Just finished the campaign. Damn that was good. Really good. I loved how legit exciting it was. That the set pieces felt so natural an not like bullshit. And of course, BT.

Now it's all multiplayer, which I have been adoring. Time to prestige my face off.

I played a couple of hours of it yesterday and really love the level design. Very fun.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com

----

I usually get 90-100ms (good according to the game) which is OK enough. I sometimes get 80ms but rarely. :(

I normally never have issues with dropping Titans and such, but that particular instance, I did. Maybe it was the lag factoring in? But for all the MP games I play, I have the least complaints with TF2, which is saying something since I almost always have complaints. Haha!

Nheco

Guys, I have some questions if anyone could please elucidate me:

1. I play a lot with Ion, is my favorite Titan so far, but I read in a lot of places about with secondary shoot with the main gun (the energy balls spread). How I do this?

2. How I eject my Titan when is doomed? To be clear: eject like a plane, not just exit the Titan.

Thanks in advance

E92 M3

Guys, I have some questions if anyone could please elucidate me:

1. I play a lot with Ion, is my favorite Titan so far, but I read in a lot of places about with secondary shoot with the main gun (the energy balls spread). How I do this?

2. How I eject my Titan when is doomed? To be clear: eject like a plane, not just exit the Titan.

Thanks in advance

When you ADS with Ion, you're actually using the secondary mode (which takes up energy).

To eject in a doomed state, start tapping X.

Zeta Oni

"Looking for someone?"

IOpZayG.gif

yeah, they should probably rework the map rotation a bit. I actually have come to really love most all the maps in TF2. Once you know how to get around and the tricks, they are satisfying and not at all as awful as the kneejerk reaction coming from TF1. Complex and Crash Site are the only two I would ever talk shit about.

Top Bottom