• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

This is a Titanfall 2 thread guys... ITS TF2 and the 1st game was TF1. FOH with that R1/R2 bullshit.

Hahaha, here we go again! This has been happening for so long now. I have no idea why people continue to use R1 and R2.

R1 and R2 are how the devs talk about it...

But we're not the devs... it's an internal name for what Respawn are working on. It makes no sense for us to use it. Theoretically if they release Star Wars next and then Titanfall 3, people are going to be using R4 to label Titanfall 3. It honestly makes no sense and confuses anyone who comes in the thread not knowing what R1 and R2 is.

Can we just agree to use Tf1 and Tf2 altogether?

This is how I would prefer it. We're in a Titanfall thread. Nobody is going to assume we're talking about Team Fortress.

KingV

Has anybody had some wierd issues with merits being awarded? I've played around 400 matches and can't remember a time where my faction level didn't advanced after each match.

This started happening after the Angel City DLC last week.

So here's my score II DINX II btw.
Screenshot-Original.png

and the same game summary
Screenshot-Original.png

And my Ronin didn't level up either. I had lots of Pilot Melee kills in this game too...Is that normal?

fun clip of me chasing down a pilot in my Ronin only to explode him mid air with Lead Wall.. so fun :D
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/II DINX II/video/24221086

Have you been playing the same Titan and faction a lot? Maybe you maxed them out?

Rest assured, if the user experience for a large number of players is getting curb stomped by teams or dragged down by shit teammates, the population will shrink.

There isnt enough time in the day to put up with shit matchmaking undermining your experience.

Talking about the population shrinking, I'd drop this game in a heart beat if they added aggressive SBMM. Add a ranked playlist for people wanting to compete at a similar level, I like that regular matches are just a random sample of players with a good connection. It adds more match variance, and stops gameplay from stagnating.

I discussed this before, but SBMM pulls everyone towards a 1:1 ratio, you lose any sense that you're doing well, or poorly, pacified by the system (unless your significantly ahead of, or below the curve, so to speak). It's dull, sacrifices match quality. Balance matches between teams, don't filter people in or out based on their kill to death ratio.

Heck, in most games it doesn't even work. Games like COD filter by kill to death ratio, anything above 2.0 puts you in the top 1% of players (KDR is relatively normally distributed in most games), so if SBMM were to 'work' for these players, it would shrink the player pool to 1% of what it currently is.

At times there's 100 ish people in a playlist on the UK servers. My KDR is above 3, statistically, with a normally distributed kill to death ratio across all players, there isn't going to be anyone else in the same range within 100 players. So it's always going to be unbalanced in that regard.

The only thing that can work is a lose SBMM, where you have some vague tiers of players 'below average, average, better than average, and match like that, but that's still going to create huge performance disparity when you get players in the top or bottom 5% joining either team. You're not going to avoid the stomps and blowouts with that kind of SBMM. The only way you could would be by making a significant sacrifice to match quality, grouping everyone together regardless of region, and then, you would have enough players within the same, accurate skill range to create a match.

It's much better to prioritise network quality then balance games from within. Sorry, yes that does mean you might get some ass team mates when you're quite good at the game, but I don't have a problem with that personally. You can't have your cake and eat it, I know I can't be good at the game and expect the matchmaking to give me the best players also while balancing a match, it just doesn't work that way.

But we are stuck in a loop, we keep answering the same question over and over. I think we need to stick to TF2 and be done with it.

Agreed, R1 and R2 is confusing for any new players, doesn't work for things like social media and whatnot, only inside groups. No point having two labels for different contexts, it's just confusing and annoying.

Gears of War managed to use it use its acronym without being confused for God of War all the time. People will understand due to the context. Does anyone in this thread seriously believe that anyone referring to TF2 will be talking about Team Fortress? If you're that worried about disambiguate, just spell it out, Titanfall 2, this games title isn't even very long.

Phase Shift outclasses it in every way now. Cloak is super visible to Pilots and you can't effectively do anything to Titans with it (even rodeo, since you're not Cloaked while rodeoing).
I'm almost positive i stay cloaked while on a titan. Can anyone else confirm?I haven't played in a couple of days

TheRed

I like TF|2 it's like the title card in the game or TTF2 could work. Or of course just TF2 and if someone happens to think Team Fortress it's not a big deal.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Just realized, Respawn said we're getting double XP weekends this year, and unless they're doing that during Christmas, it should happen this week or next, right? :)

I'm gen7 and kinda want double XP so I can hit gen10. Haha!

Respawn, Rayme, throw people a bone here. Can Titans not auto wander off when called in? I press down on the d-pad on PS4 and sometimes, those freakin' bastards STILL go somewhere else. I just want to put a battery in and it's making things tough. By the time I get to putting it in, they're already at 50 percent health.
What's the problem? You point and drop. Look at the ground if you have to. The drop points are always where a Titan is allowed to walk, so you should knows those by now.

E92 M3

Damn I didn't know you could do this for a rodeo attack with Scorch, it should have been obvious to me.

https://twitter.com/Titanfallgame/status/805471851384340480

Shoot thermite at wall and then turn around.

Yeah, the back scratcher! :p

Just realized, Respawn said we're getting double XP weekends this year, and unless they're doing that during Christmas, it should happen this week or next, right? :)

I'm gen7 and kinda want double XP so I can hit gen10. Haha!

It's no fun being stuck at Gen10 :(

--

This poor sap grappled me at the wrong moment:

yqAZaV1.gif

What's the problem? You point and drop. Look at the ground if you have to. The drop points are always where a Titan is allowed to walk, so you should knows those by now.

Not in some maps though. Complex, in particular - point down while in the domed grassy area and then your titan drops outside near where the evac jet picks up. Why? because a Titan can't drop through a roof, apparently.

KodaRuss

"Looking for someone?"

This is me a lot.

"Where the fuck did that idiot go..."
/melee from behind
"FUCK"
"Let me watch this shit, where the hell was he."
"I am an idiot..."
/cries

I have done it to others as well though but I get pissed when it happens to me.

ironcreed

Banned
i'm done until they nerf this stupid shit. this and the sentry turret make the game unplayable.

VxWF7EIRQglzi.gif

zhzVC30xfE1ZC.gif

Hy4V0IB0auis0.gif

VjvHQlGQjLt1m.gif

14yCAtpFP5iYko.gif

I die faster than that in Infinite Warfare. It's like instant death in that game when you get hit. TF2 feels like I get much more leeway, as I actually perform better in this game now that I am used to it.

SwolBro

Banned
I die faster than that in Infinite Warfare. It's like instant death in that game when you get hit. TF2 feels like I get much more leeway, as I actually perform better in this game now that I am used to it.

is that supposed to make me feel better? COD is complete ass. I'm trying to prevent Respawn from making the same mistake here.

The hemlock is a joke on console.

ironcreed

Banned
is that supposed to make me feel better? COD is complete ass. I'm trying to prevent Respawn from making the same mistake here.

The hemlock is a joke on console.

LOL, I am just sharing my experience, man. Relax. Sorry if I am not having the same issues. The game feels perfectly fine for me.

Gurrry

I enjoyed my time with the free trial this weekend. However, im not in a rush to buy it yet. I do think its a fun game and it deserves more love than its getting. Im thinking Ill scoop it for christmas when I have more time.

I played on both XB1 and PC. On PC, the toggle ADS was pretty annoying and im not sure why they would default to that. I didnt look deep enough to turn it off, but I thought that was weird.

I think the Hemlock is a bit iffy on the consoles - stops everything in its tracks. I hate seeing things nerfed, but the Hemlock and Turrets have got me thinking.
After the hemlock, what's next? The g2 and eva? Can someone also tell me why turrets are an issue in anything but pvp? The only thing that is weird to me is that they stack

deoee

After the hemlock, what's next? The g2 and eva? Can someone also tell me why turrets are an issue in anything but pvp? The only thing that is weird to me is that they stack

Turrets are no problem at all.
If you spot one, just walk back try to melee it from the side or back.

The only thing I wish is that Arc Grenades would stun turrets as well.

Ishmae1

Wow. Angel City BH really shows how camper hemlock + turrets up high is really a cooler on the fun factor. Suddenly I'm feeling like I should be changing pilot loadout after every death to hard counter annoying rooftop strats.

It's an interesting question to the devs - how many times in a match do you change loadout / weapons based on opposing team strategy? How much do you expect to happen in any given match?

G2 can't hold against Hemlock at range, which seems... weird. Maybe it's my scope choice?

E92 M3

I'm fine with it either way. Would prefer for everything to be OP, personally.

But I never hid the fact that Hemlock makes me salty.

FStop7

Banned
I spent all of Sunday playing TF2. Out of dozens of games I only saw Angel City one time.

Oh AND DAT SMART PISTOL, DOE. New favorite boost by a million miles.

And rooftop campers can get fucked.

I should hit my first regen tonight. I think I'm going to try a different tactical for G2. Phase or Grapple.

Calderc

Respawn, I am legit on my knees begging you as I type this.

Please, please tone down the amount of times Exoplanet comes up in Bounty Hunt. It's just exhausting at this point.

Tb0ne07

Couple quick question about turrets:

Do they have their own unique gun sound? I feel like they sound very similar to one of the pilot guns but I can't put my finger on it.

Also are the turrets "louder" than normal weapons? In other words can you hear them from further distances?

So is Hemlock like M16 lol

As for cloak, does it not counter stuff like Sonar, Turrets, and Map Hack? It should

It should be 100% invisible to Titans and should allow users to discreetly rodeo (but there is already a feature for this I think?)

So they nerfed the Volt, is it worth using?

Because all I run is CAR, it just seems too perfect.

Sometimes I use the default AR for bigger maps and roof top shooting. I also use the holo shield in those instances.

I dont bother with shotguns because it feels as if the melee range is so big that if you miss a shot, you are going to be instal-killed by it.

I want to use LMGs more, which one is the best?

Also, some of the pistols are incredibly strong. I love finishing enemies off with pistols.

AND WHERE ARE THE CHALLENGES. I cant seem to find the list

Do they have their own unique gun sound? I feel like they sound very similar to one of the pilot guns but I can't put my finger on it.

Also are the turrets "louder" than normal weapons? In other words can you hear them from further distances?

Are there no counters to A.I?

Electric Smoke, Camo, should both act as counters IMO

EL CUCO

Thankfully I've never had a problem vs Hemlock on PS4. I run into campers often (they're in every MP game ever) but I play aggressive and usually adjust and flank.

I'm Gen 4 and wouldn't even known that the Hemlock was "OP" if I didn't read it on here...

With headphones, it's quite easy to pinpoint them. They are loud and sound different than most of the other weapons. I have no issues with turrets. I have seen them track through cover, though. Auto titans can do the same

deoee

From the top of my head - yes they sound different.
They have a muffled sound similar to the Volt but way slower and with more punch.

E92 M3

True. You hated the Hemlock waaay before it was cool. lol

Yeah, the annoyance revealed it self real quick lol.

So is Hemlock like M16 lol

As for cloak, does it not counter stuff like Sonar, Turrets, and Map Hack? It should

It should be 100% invisible to Titans and should allow users to discreetly rodeo (but there is already a feature for this I think?)

So they nerfed the Volt, is it worth using?

Because all I run is CAR, it just seems too perfect.

Sometimes I use the default AR for bigger maps and roof top shooting. I also use the holo shield in those instances.

I dont bother with shotguns because it feels as if the melee range is so big that if you miss a shot, you are going to be instal-killed by it.

I want to use LMGs more, which one is the best?

Also, some of the pistols are incredibly strong. I love finishing enemies off with pistols.

AND WHERE ARE THE CHALLENGES. I cant seem to find the list

Hemlock is like the legendary M16 - I also never used it lol. In terms of the LMG, try the devotion ;)

Weapon Regen is level 20?

Indeed.

Thankfully I've never had a problem vs Hemlock on PS4. I run into campers often (they're in every MP game ever) but I play aggressive and usually adjust and flank.

I'm Gen 4 and wouldn't even known that the Hemlock was "OP" if I didn't read it on here...

I've had "problems" with it, but flying across the map and getting one-bursted by a chest shot rustles my jimmies a bit haha.

Top Bottom