• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Playing Attrition on Angel City and it just feels completely lifeless compared to the first game. I wish they just threw in more AI to kill more often.

Izuna

Banned
Went to go on today to get to DV before reset. I kinda forgot how much the Season History thing bothered me and I turned the game off. �� Like, if I couldn't recreate what happened before today's play would feel like there's no point as well.

This is a better game than Destiny or whatever, but the permanent record is a constant reminder to never care about Ranked anymore.

I think since the beginning there has always been stuff like botched achievements and the constant death when trying to Rodeo etc. that just eventually all boiled up to this game feeling like efforts don't really matter.

That and public games are never 6v6 anymore and is impossible to lose when you are in a team.

I'll play if there is any DLC or Titanfall 2 I guess.

;( this was the last post I made in the R1 OT, right when I stopped playing that game...

I have to say something. I am, VERY grateful to be able to play R2. I feel bad for being unable to convince more people. People don't want to believe that the campaign is awesome, just because of the style of game it is (military shooter etc.)

As of right now, I'm very excited to see additional content kicked out. Whether it is co-op modes, or more MP matches, or more balance patches (even if they merely switch over the meta). This is my GOTY. I can't even think of what comes close. Last game that blew me away this generation was Ori, and before that, Wolfenstein (and of course R1).

I love you Respawn. Sorry if my abrasive posting style isn't helpful or interesting.

P.S.
don't put in Ranked Chip the way it was in R1 ;p

----

@Argonomic,

I found out what the issue was, by the way (not that it matters). When I was playing in Tokyo, my latency was so high that I saw DV, and it didn't update to DIV before I switched off the page. I figured this out because later on I noticed that with really bad pings it took a little while to update. So it's only like 50% my fault, 50% my connection.

I guess somehow that caused the graph to not update either, so that's why it showed a straight line.

;( this was the last post I made in the R1 OT, right when I stopped playing that game...

I have to say something. I am, VERY grateful to be able to play R2. I feel bad for being unable to convince more people. People don't want to believe that the campaign is awesome, just because of the style of game it is (military shooter etc.)

As of right now, I'm very excited to see additional content kicked out. Whether it is co-op modes, or more MP matches, or more balance patches (even if they merely switch over the meta). This is my GOTY. I can't even think of what comes close. Last game that blew me away this generation was Ori, and before that, Wolfenstein (and of course R1).

I love you Respawn. Sorry if my abrasive posting style isn't helpful or interesting.

P.S.
don't put in Ranked Chip the way it was in R1 ;p

----

@Argonomic,

I found out what the issue was, by the way (not that it matters). When I was playing in Tokyo, my latency was so high that I saw DV, and it didn't update to DIV before I switched off the page. I figured this out because later on I noticed that with really bad pings it took a little while to update. So it's only like 50% my fault, 50% my connection.

I guess somehow that caused the graph to not update either, so that's why it showed a straight line.
Agreed!!!

ironcreed

Banned
numbers went back to 20k

unsurprising. I bet not many people were too convinced. No one I played with liked it ;( Bounty Hunt was "too confusing" and it made us play Homestead too often

I find this baffling. I was not sure at first, but it only took a few hours to get me hooked. It got great reviews, has amazing gameplay and stands out from all of the other shooters. I can't believe that so many are giving it a pass.

ACE 1991

I find this baffling. I was not sure at first, but it only took a few hours to get me hooked. It got great reviews, has amazing gameplay and stands out from all of the other shooters. I can't believe that so many are giving it a pass.

It's super weird. Best MP shooter I've played in some time. I regret buying BF1.

deoee

It's the way things are.

People tend to keep playing the same things over and over again and like to stick to names they know.

Even when a game is free for 3 days, the struggle to download 40gb and ADMIT you were wrong by ignoring the game are too much to bear for most people.

SwolBro

Banned
You've done a full 180 :eek:

No i haven't. there's a lot about the movement they have improved on.

• the wall running
  • no wall hang
  • ads while shooting and wall running
  • the controls
  • the slide

But the lack of tight snappiness like before bothers me. you could do a quick jump and cut and throw peoples tracking off. You can't do that now.

KodaRuss

I think Cloak should counter Sonar/Map Hack/Turrets. It's fairly obvious to see for pilots, so acting as an anti-recon ability sounds perfect to me.

Is there any hope to see A.I in modes like Hardpoint?

Attrition, BH, CTF, and Hardpoint are the best modes, but HP lacks the excitement of Attrition, despite being a good standard mode to enjoy.

I think Last Titan Standing is a ton of fun as well. My favorites are definitely Bounty Hunt and Last Titan Standing.

Hardpoint and Attrition feel a little off at times.

Only played one game of CTF. We won and I capped a flag but it has never been my cup of tea.

I just want to be able to chuck grenades moments before death. It used to be possible in the first game and it helped me countless times. Now, throw is so slow and projectiles are killed or lose momentum on death and it's not as good.

Izuna

Banned
I just want to be able to chuck grenades moments before death. It used to be possible in the first game and it helped me countless times. Now, throw is so slow and projectiles are killed or lose momentum on death and it's not as good.

;( worst is when I shoot and Archer and it disappears when I die.

But I understand why. R1 had a TON of trades.

HoodWinked

had this happen to me the other day for the first time i didnt even know it was a thing.

basically YOU DIE if you phase shift into a reaper. this isnt a reaper thats falling its just a reaper thats running around. apparently it also happens if you phase shift into a titan as well. stranglely if you phase shift as a pilot into another the opposite happens and you get the kill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W-MVL8SQ8A

Gator86

had this happen to me the other day for the first time i didnt even know it was a thing.

basically YOU DIE if you phase shift into a reaper. this isnt a reaper thats falling its just a reaper thats running around. apparently it also happens if you phase shift into a titan as well. stranglely if you phase shift as a pilot into another the opposite happens and you get the kill.

Yup, phase shift is pretty inconsistent in that way. Great when you're a pilot and terrible if you're a Ronin.

Yeah, I phase shifted into a Reaper as Ronin once thinking that I would kill the Reaper, and was upset when I was the one that blew up. I can see why I shouldn't be able to gib enemy Titans that way, but there's no reason why it shouldn't kill Reapers.

dankir

And yet they just added that phase execution.

Some consistency would be nice.

Garunteed Ronin's Prime execution will be related to phase shift. Either uses it to explode you from the inside. Or he warps around you will slicing your Titan to bits.

Argonomic

Seconded!

Respawn needs to look at map rotation asap because something is fucked with it. Literally every other map is Crashsite/Homestead when I am playing Attrition. In bounty hunt it is Exoplanet non stop. Those maps are universally hated by the playerbase.

Investigating, thanks.

Keihart

And yet they just added that phase execution.

Some consistency would be nice.

Phase shifting into a pilot with a pilot, gives you the kill.

Phase Shifting with Ronin onto other titans get's you killed.

Seems consistent that reapers would kill you.

ironcreed

Banned

Ticks actually have saved my ass quite a bit this way so far.

Izuna

Banned
Oh, I think I know what is causing this...

Rzrbf3w.png

VbMegfX.png

Bug Report:

If you have multiple Boosts stacked, it causes the Electric Smoke (when you get it at 20% the first time) to show up as having 2. This is the first bug and I can reproduce it 100% of the time.

Now, I can't confirm (because it's very hard to do solo) but if you earn an Electric Smoke while ejecting (like, instantly with Nuclear or something) then it will persist even though you're not in a Titan anymore. This would be super rare for the average player but for me it happens every now and then.

I have PMed Rayme. I believe, though, this is what you would call a low severity bug.

Gator86

Goddamn the game is so fucking laggy tonight. I've lost track of the number of times I've been killed after phase shifting. Last game a goddamn Scorch flame cored me more than a second after dying. Got the kill notification, take one step, then flame comes pouring out of nowhere and wrecks me.

SwolBro

Banned
It's very laggy and it makes certain gun... cough...the volt...cough... unusuable .

It fucking sickens me that Respawn balanced this game based on reddit PC players . It's baffling . It's BAFFLING

The CAR up close is unstoppable. There's nothing that even comes close.

Numbers down to 15K on PS4

Next time, they should advertise/let people preload

Maybe even give just Angel City to help with the download size

And a damn tutorial

Menitta

Angel City is really good, but the problem is that a lot of people have a whole other game's experience with it, and now everyone already knows the fucking camping points.

Edit: Also, I hate Amped Hardpoints.

E92 M3

That's all people drop in ctf. Takes forever to bring him down.

This game is done

So dramatic dude, the most popular modes (attrition and BH) are perfectly fine. Hell, people were proclaiming that MW2 was the worst game ever and that it was done. What I love about Respawn is that they don't cater to the super MLG people that want everything balanced into the ground. People that play CTF and PVP are a huge minority, just like the people that play Hardcore mode in CoD.

Titanfall is a fucking fun shooter to kick-back and play - not something that needs to be taken super seriously. It will never be picked up by MLG or ESL and that's fine. That's not what I want from the game. I want space ninjas and robots. Sure some things could use tweaks, but the game is amazing.

The internet culture these days is all about complaining for one thing or another (and sometimes I do as well). Respawn put out a fantastic product that I want to support. I don't want to see it changed into something it's not supposed to be.

What's funny, is that a couple pages back people were saying Legion is underpowered. There will always be a top dog, and if we keep nerfing, the game becomes dull and boring. If I want to play dull and boring, I'll just boot Destiny back up. Years of complaining turned Destiny's PVP into its most boring form yet.

SwolBro

Banned
Is there anything you dont write off as shit in this game?
Sorry but they fucked this franchise into the ground. Instead of promoting what makes it unique they opt to cater to COD quick kills with super easy aiming and insanely powerful range weapons.

The entire game is played at distance now. The only mobile players that were running volt on console are now relegated to either joinin in on hemlock/g2a or opting for slower 201 cautious play.

Keihart

Sorry but they fucked this franchise into the ground. Instead of promoting what makes it unique they opt to cater to COD quick kills with super easy aiming and insanely powerful range weapons.

The entire game is played at distance now. The only mobile players that were running volt on console are now relegated to either joinin in on hemlock/g2a or opting for slower 201 cautious play.

I'm running exclusively the softball now, work pretty great as a mobile weapon as long as you aren't lagging close to 200 ms, wich happens to me at times.

It's not hitscan , but is a one hit kill once you stuck the ball on an enemy and the splash damage is pretty good at killing group of pilots or people camping corners.

Top Bottom