• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Discobird

He feels annoyingly UP after the nerf...

He's still good, you just have to play him differently. Run Hidden Compartment, stay in long range mode and snipe Titans with double Power Shots. Play him like Northstar and peek around walls at a distance, but make sure that Gun Shield or at least one Power Shot are off cooldown before you do that (i.e. don't just stand there and hold down LMB without your shield available). The nerfs did nothing to hurt his anti-pilot game which is as strong as ever.

Sorry but they fucked this franchise into the ground. Instead of promoting what makes it unique they opt to cater to COD quick kills with super easy aiming and insanely powerful range weapons.

The entire game is played at distance now. The only mobile players that were running volt on console are now relegated to either joinin in on hemlock/g2a or opting for slower 201 cautious play.
Almost gen 5 and haven't seen the game played at a distance. Get your pvp crap out of here and play the modes with titans in it. The game is called titanfall not pilotfall

E92 M3

Bug Report: Northstar ADS doesn't show Flag Carrier Icon ;(

no you won't, stop lying

Yeah, I will have been meaning to get on there lol. Now that I hit gen 10, I can work on PS4.

Almost gen 5 and haven't seen the game played at a distance. Get your pvp crap out of here and play the modes with titans in it. The game is called titanfall not pilotfall

I agree that normal modes are very fun and varied.

deoee

Sorry but they fucked this franchise into the ground. Instead of promoting what makes it unique they opt to cater to COD quick kills with super easy aiming and insanely powerful range weapons.

The entire game is played at distance now. The only mobile players that were running volt on console are now relegated to either joinin in on hemlock/g2a or opting for slower 201 cautious play.

But you are playing the CoD mode...?

ironcreed

Banned
He feels annoyingly UP after the nerf...

I am going to try them all anyway, but right now I am doing well with Tone. I love the game just the way it is so far and hope they don't change a damn thing, personally.

On a side note, nearly 26,000 on Xbox One a few minutes ago as well. That's not too bad.

It's rather strange how our opinions have flipped since the tech test.

SwolBro

Banned
Get your pvp crap out of here and play the modes with titans in it. The game is called titanfall not pilotfall

But you are playing the CoD mode...?
Doesn't matter. Hemlock/g2a can be just as annoying and ridiculous in ctf.
It's rather strange how our opinions have flipped since the tech test.
my opinion changed when they decided to balance the game for the least populated platform while leaving people on console to deal with bullshit

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Recently Regen'd for the first time and it feels really refreshing.

Actually quite nice that it forces you to refamiliarise with earlier weapons and Tacticals.
Forgot how much fun Grapple was. Works especially well on Angel City (what a map btw).

I'm also not as upset about losing my custom pilots as I thought I'd be. A clean slate is nice once in a while.

Can't get enough of this game!

SwolBro

Banned
They wat.

this bro, this.
ERSPHIxwwOCMo.gif

(posted by some user on reddit)

Leaving the hemlock/g2a unchanged while nerfing the volt which was the most mobile gun on console and making it useless.

Hemlock/g2a may not be that big of a deal on PC because of keyboard mouse but it sure is on console with aim assist. Just as volt must have been pretty OP on PC but it definitely was not on X1/PS4.

Izuna

Banned
this bro, this.
ERSPHIxwwOCMo.gif

Leaving the hemlock/g2a unchanged while nerfing the volt which was the most mobile gun on console and making it useless.

Hemlock/g2a may not be that big of a deal on PC because of keyboard mouse but it sure is on console with aim assist. Just as volt must have been pretty OP on PC but it definitely was not on X1/PS4.

7wRlUSp.gif

have they reverted weapon assists not counting towards progression yet

for some reason that killed a lot of motivation to play for me, mostly because I'm optimistic they'll change it in the future so I'm waiting

this bro, this.
ERSPHIxwwOCMo.gif

CAR was and is more mobile

HelloMeow

The TTK is too low anyways. In TF1 several things made up for that, and fights were more than just "oh i saw you first i win".

But in TF2, with pilots that stick out like a sore thumb, stronger weapons and these flat, open maps, that's not as true anymore.

JaMarco

Back down to 26k on Xbox. So basically most of the people that played the free weekend didn't buy the game. Probably didn't like Bounty Hunt that much and wish they could customize their pilot appearance >_>

SwolBro

Banned
...what does being on console or not have anything to do with that?

It has the most accurate hip fire in the game on console and on pc

um that's debatable. the alternator is just as good or better.

whatever they did to the gun they reduced it's effectiveness across the board, rendering it useless for ctf and pvp.

whatever they did to the gun they reduced it's effectiveness across the board, rendering it useless for ctf and pvp.
Volt is still incredibly effective and still probably one of the best all purpose guns in the game.

I do laugh when I hipfire goose people with the alternator though.

it's not debatable, the car is the most accurate smg/ar while wallrunning

alternator does more damage and I prefer it but by definition the CAR is the most mobile, no?

Animator

No it's not. Volt is more accurate than any other smg across the board.

No it's not. Volt is more accurate than any other smg across the board.
While I disagree with Swol mostly, I feel like accuracy is the one particular thing the nerf hit on. The accuracy at a distance seems to drop off a lot more now, but I could be completely wrong. Everything else with the Volt still seems perfectly fine though.
I don't normally do this, but man I just had a pretty awesome Pilot vs. Pilot game. If you have 7 minutes to spare, check it out had a lot of fun haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEoyhr7mIL8
Watched about 3 minutes. You're pretty damn good at quick fire with that gun to keep it from flying all over the place. I just recently started using the Flatline and nee to practice my short bursts.

CupONoodos

Neo Member
Watched about 3 minutes. You're pretty damn good at quick fire with that gun to keep it from flying all over the place. I just recently started using the Flatline and nee to practice my short bursts.

Thanks. The trick is that the first 2 - 3 shots are the most accurate so try to tap or do short burst if you need to shoot from a range. Up close you don't even need to worry just let loose. Also hip firing is pretty accurate on Flatline which is why it's my go to gun over CAR or Volt. The extra damage is just too good to pass up for me.

Thanks. The trick is that the first 2 - 3 shots are the most accurate so try to tap or do short burst if you need to shoot from a range. Up close you don't even need to worry just let loose. Also hip firing is pretty accurate on Flatline which is why it's my go to gun over CAR or Volt. The extra damage is just too good to pass up for me.
What mods are you running with it?

jeffc919

Yes, i do want the most effective way to play the game, the only real way to play the game, to be people bouncing off walls and using the mobility to the max. That's Titanfall. It's why in Titanfall 1 CTF was the absolute best game mode and where the game actually shined.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion but I think it's a little elitist to think there is only one right way to play and I don't think that's what the devs envisioned when they included a variety of different weapons in the game. I also think that without some variety in viable play styles the game would be less popular.

Speaking for myself, I was LTTP on TF1, not having an Xbox One the first few years after it came out but I played the crap out of it this past summer and it turned out to be an all time favorite for me. So far I'm really liking TF2 and it's up there too among my top games of all time. I think they did an amazing job on the movement in both games, and I have my stretches where I'll jump around like a mad man for a while, especially when caught in the middle of the chaos and having to fight my way out, but I would not enjoy the game playing like that all the time. As I said in my prior post most of the time I prefer a little bit more grounded approach to the game and the AR weapon class best suits me on most maps. That's just my style and if it was made ineffective by wholesale catering to the extreme run and gun crowd I would probably stop playing. That's just me so I can't speak for anyone else. The things I like most in the game are the big maps (especially the swiss cheese style big maps with lots of ways to navivate...I'm so sick of the 3 lane bottleneck type map that COD is obsessed with), gun play, net code that feels fair to me, and the mix of pilot game play and Titan gameplay that has a very rewarding sense of progression for playing well. I could go on but the point is that there is a lot to love in the game besides just the movement so that's not necessarily the only thing that IS Titanfall.

Top Bottom