• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion but I think it's a little elitist to think there is only one right way to play and I don't think that's what the devs envisioned when they included a variety of different weapons in the game. I also think that without some variety in viable play styles the game would be less popular.
Not to throw fuel on the fire, but you aren't far off. Swol has been called elitist more times than I can count in regards to his Titanfall opinions. For good reason too.

Tactikill and Faster Reload. For all guns I always use those two, the others don't seem too useful to me. Gives me a bad habit though of constantly reloading after I kill someone which got me killed plenty of times haha.
I used Faster Reload for the longest time and recently stopped. Probably going to switch back, because I'm used to reloading all the damn time. With a slower reload, I haven't broken my habit of reloading after every burst or so.

Slayven

Finished the campaign, loved it. Does what a good campaign does, lays out the fundamentals and builds on them as you run through the game.

My only disappointment is you never use the
grappling hook
in the campaign.

Five titan kills in my happy hour match tonight while playing Ronin. Because I'm a scrub, three of them were from nuclear ejection and I don't feel remotely guilty nor do I believe it should be nerfed. The fools, literally, walked right into their own demise because of their own greed for a kill.

Izuna

Banned
Can you stop giving me amped hardpoint again and again plz?

image.php

----------

GGs amdb00mer!!

CupONoodos

Neo Member
Five titan kills in my happy hour match tonight while playing Ronin. Because I'm a scrub, three of them were from nuclear ejection and I don't feel remotely guilty nor do I believe it should be nerfed. The fools, literally, walked right into their own demise because of their own greed for a kill.
Don't be. Nuclear Ejection is pretty much a necessity on Ronin since after your sword core you're more than likely almost dead so might as well give one last hoorah. Whenever I use Ronin I usually end up calling him 5+ times in a match since Nuclear Ejection is so good on him.

If you want to have more fun with Nuclear Ejection, use it with Northstar. Make sure you grapple the enemy Titan and then dash up, eject in their face and they can't do anything. I've outplayed a lot of people chasing me by doing that haha

jeffc919

Ha. I wouldn't feel guilty. Nuclear eject feels like a high risk/reward thing. It's costing you a boost for something you will often times not get to use for any benefit, and you run the risk of someone executing you (one button press) before you can eject close enough to them to kill them (3 button presses). I used it at first because I used it exclusively in TF1 and it was nice in TF2 the times I was able to blow up a Titan and instantly fill my meter to get a new one myself, but it was also frustrating all the times someone managed to escape in time or even worse execute me before I could eject. For now I went to the core boost for something that's a little more of a definite help almost every time. If I could nuclear eject from a not quite doomed state I would definitely go back to using it.

The Ummah

Banned
Just unlocked the smart pistol boost. I've never played TitanFall 1...

The first couple kills with it, I laughed very loudly. Worked out perfectly, because the first victim had it out for me in a bounty hunt match. He was just searching for me the whole time lol. Had it equipped and I was feeling trollish.

The SP of this game is the closest thing to HL I have played since HL 1... what an amazing campaign. That time travel level was amazing. Still have not finished it but just wow. Bravo Respawn.

Ha. I wouldn't feel guilty. Nuclear eject feels like a high risk/reward thing. It's costing you a boost for something you will often times not get to use for any benefit, and you run the risk of someone executing you (one button press) before you can eject close enough to them to kill them (3 button presses). I used it at first because I used it exclusively in TF1 and it was nice in TF2 the times I was able to blow up a Titan and instantly fill my meter to get a new one myself, but it was also frustrating all the times someone managed to escape in time or even worse execute me before I could eject. For now I went to the core boost for something that's a little more of a definite help almost every time. If I could nuclear eject from a not quite doomed state I would definitely go back to using it.
Nice! I really enjoyed it in tf1 too.
Don't be. Nuclear Ejection is pretty much a necessity on Ronin since after your sword core you're more than likely almost dead so might as well give one last hoorah. Whenever I use Ronin I usually end up calling him 5+ times in a match since Nuclear Ejection is so good on him.

If you want to have more fun with Nuclear Ejection, use it with Northstar. Make sure you grapple the enemy Titan and then dash up, eject in their face and they can't do anything. I've outplayed a lot of people chasing me by doing that haha
I'll trust you on the Northstar trick. I tried playing him and some unconventional weapons (for me) this past weekend. I think I got killed by you quite a few times on one of the days. ;) I'll send a friend request.

ironcreed

Banned
I think this may be the best multplayer shooter I have ever played. The more I play, the more I love it. It kicks everything else's ass.

yiwll

Neo Member
Trying to join the PC Network

There is a TitanGAF network on each platform that NeoGAF members can use to coordinate and play together!

PS4: https://www.titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/203441/ (admins: RedFury, Broadbandito)
Xbox One: https://www.titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/272243/ (admin: Cobalt Izuna)
PC: https://www.titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/163/ (admins: Codeacious, Joyful, Vincent Alexander)

To get into the network, request membership via the URL above or search for "TitanGAF" in-game.
IMPORTANT: In order to confirm your request, you'll also need to add yourself to the spreadsheet Cobalt Izuna made! Quote this post to see the link to the spreadsheet. If you're having issues accessing the spreadsheet or don't have your membership to the network approved, PM one of the admins of the network for the platform you're on.

The spreadsheet has three tabs, one for each platform.

We have a couple TitanfallGAF Discord channels. Quote this post to get the invite links!
There's also a TitanfallGAF XBO Club managed by SOR5 over in the Xbox Club thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1279623

not only does rebinding O to R1 through the PS menu means I have to change it every time I enter and exit TF2, I just realized that it also means the menu and titan controls are messed up too :/

respawn pls give us full rebindings

RedFury

I think this may be the best multplayer shooter I have ever played. The more I play, the more I love it. It kicks everything else's ass.
Haha, if I'm not mistaken didn't you say TF2 was shit compared to TF1? Glad you came around if so. I thought OW had the "just one more" game down but TF2 has me and won't let go. How the hell am I supposed to play these other games?

Mmm, got this game to have something to play when I only have 20 minutes and don't want to spend 40 minutes in a single BF1 game...yet I'm finding myself playing this game for hours at a time and not going back to BF1 even though I loved it =\

CupONoodos

Neo Member
I'll trust you on the Northstar trick. I tried playing him and some unconventional weapons (for me) this past weekend. I think I got killed by you quite a few times on one of the days. ;) I'll send a friend request.
Sure! I usually play by myself so having someone else there would be a good change haha.

daedalius

I'm trying to love the elite hand cannon, but damn that bullet travel time is killer.

I don't understand why I would use it instead of a hemlock? Obnoxious bullet travel time, less range, more hits to kill if not headshot, smaller clip.

I mean it looks cool and has a best reload animation, but I don't get it. It needs to be better.

Discobird

I'm trying to love the elite hand cannon, but damn that bullet travel time is killer.

I don't understand why I would use it instead of a hemlock? Obnoxious bullet travel time, less range, more hits to kill if not headshot, smaller clip.

I mean it looks cool and has a best reload animation, but I don't get it. It needs to be better.

Well it uses the pistol/AT slot and not the primary slot, so it doesn't really compete with the Hemlok. Might as well ask why anyone would use the RE-45 instead of the CAR.

SwolBro

Banned
it's not debatable, the car is the most accurate smg/ar while wallrunning

alternator does more damage and I prefer it but by definition the CAR is the most mobile, no?
Ok? so they really destroyed it is what you're saying because before it could compete with the CAR's strength and the alternators hipfire, now it can't.

No it's not. Volt is more accurate than any other smg across the board.
The volt seems to suffer a far bigger drop off now. Before running fast autoloader was amazing with the Volt, now it seems like it's impossible to run it. An increase in bullet count is necessary now. Whatever they did really fucked it on console. The accuracy thing may be a big part of it, it could be why PC players still find it really strong.

I loved the volt because with fast auto-loader i was always ready. Add in the mobility with the hipfire and i could fly around the map out maneuvering my opponents and if i had to engage from distance i always had a fighthing chance by strafing and spacing shots. I could outgun a guy from distance if i was on point. I would still get beat by a hemlock/g2a if the player was on aim, but at least i had a chance. Now? There's no fucking chance. There's barely a chance from a mid-range position even if i see the guy first.

The volt exposes a player too much now. You have to be THAT much more mobile (which doesn't work on console with constant rooftop killers) and you have to use far more bullets to drop a player which exposes you to their teammates more frequently. It's an all around bad trade off. Players are better served opting for a 201.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion but I think it's a little elitist .

Not to throw fuel on the fire, but you aren't far off. Swol has been called elitist more times than I can count in regards to his Titanfall opinions. For good reason too. .

I find it a bit amusing that i'm being called elitist because of this. Let's look at the reasons i have for being completely miffed.

1. They balance the game based on PC feedback. They haven't confirmed this but also haven't denied it. Rayme ignoring practically all the posts i've made reaffirms this notion.
  2. So, why would they balance the game based on the least populated platform? The volt could have been OP on PC but it wasn't OP on console. There weren't even that many people running the Volt, and the ones that were tended to be the better more mobile players. Why punish that?
  3. The volt still required movement, aim, and timed trigger pulse to be really effective.
  4. The volt catered to mobile gameplay.
  5. Nerfing the most mobile gun in the game further increased the weight the hemlock/g2a have in pvp, ctf, and high level play. You don't dare use a volt in CTF now. it's fucking pointless. When i'm losing engagements when i clearly had the jump+the better aim+the better movement simply because my gun is going up against insanely strong guns is aggravating. I've had situations where i'm blasting away and strafing and some devotion turns around and just 2 shots me. lol FUCK THAT
  6. No tweaks were made to things that crush player mobility (besides cloak) in this game like sentry turrets and the hemlock/g2a.

These things make no sense and some of you sitting here calling me elitist because i don't think there should be a 1 burst shot kill weapon in a very aim assist heavy low ttk game is a bit appalling. All it does is show me most fps gamers still have that COD want everything so easy peasy please mentality. If they can't turn the corner and fucking kill you instantly with little to no aim then it's "elitist" Come on.

I'm almost certain the volt usage dropped off to almost 0 after this update. Since the update i've seen only 2 other players run the volt. 2!!! And i ran into that same guy in multiple back to back rooms. The other guy was a 1 off. Besides that i haven't seen it at all. They took arguably the funnest gun in the new game and destroyed it.

Rayme

[...]

1. They balance the game based on PC feedback. They haven't confirmed this but also haven't denied it. Rayme ignoring practically all the posts i've made reaffirms this notion.
  2. So, why would they balance the game based on the least populated platform? The volt could have been OP on PC but it wasn't OP on console. There weren't even that many people running the Volt, and the ones that were tended to be the better more mobile players. Why punish that?
[...]

I say again:

...wat.

No; we don't balance off a single platform, population or no. That's a pretty big assumption to hang off of "well someone on the team didn't say they're NOT doing that". If something was such a huge problem we'd split the change between platforms. That's almost (always?) never the answer though.

The Volt is great. Its midrange was brought in a little. That kind of thing always stings, but it's not suddenly a joke SMG.

It's worth discussing it & arguing over Volt changes, but you can sunset the pc-race conspiracy theories. Hemlok & G2 probably get more of a boost from m/kb than Volt ever has, anyhow. ;)

deoee

I think the auto aim on consoles makes the Hemlock too easy to use/you can almost always land a full burst . On pc I barely see that gun because it needs decent aim to land a full burst.

SwolBro

Banned
I say again:

...wat.

No; we don't balance off a single platform, population or no. That's a pretty big assumption to hang off of "well someone on the team didn't say they're NOT doing that". If something was such a huge problem we'd split the change between platforms. That's almost (always?) never the answer though.

The Volt is great. Its midrange was brought in a little. That kind of thing always stings, but it's not suddenly a joke SMG.

It's worth discussing it & arguing over Volt changes, but you can sunset the pc-race conspiracy theories. Hemlok & G2 probably get more of a boost from m/kb than Volt ever has, anyhow. ;)

Then what prompted the change? There's no way your internal numbers were crazy different compared to what i was seeing on xboxone. I can't imagine you guys were seeing too much volt use on console to the point where it justified a look.

And if hemlok/g2 get more of a boost from kb/m then why did they ban Volt from the recent CTF PC tourny and not those other guns? Why are there posts on reddit about the effectiveness of SMG's on PC but on console it's all hemlok/g2a complaints?

What i'm seeing doesn't line up to what you're saying. The only place i even saw discussions about volt nerfs were among the PC population. So, yes it leads me to believe you guys saw PC complaints and decided to look at the volt. What other justification is there?

And sorry but that mid-range adjustment really screwed the gun up. It's versatility is all but gone for console players.

deoee

Then what prompted the change? There's no way your internal numbers were crazy different compared to what i was seeing on xboxone. I can't imagine you guys were seeing too much volt use on console to the point where it justified a look.

Maybe it was a whole different story in the major modes?

SwolBro

Banned
Maybe it was a whole different story in the major modes?

you talk as if i don't play the other modes. i do, i just choose to play pilot v pilot and ctf more and in those modes the gun was not used that often, and when i did see it it was used by decent players. now? it's never used. like i said, i've seen 2 different people use it since the update. It's not that different in the other modes.

all the good players i know in CTF that were using it have now switched back to the 201. there is simply no good reason to equip it in higher level play. you're putting yourself at a major disadvantage.

hell, i don't even like using it in pub CTF now or in pvp for most maps. It's just not effective.

daedalius

Hemlock is pretty gross on xbone... wouldn't mind seeing it have slightly less aim assist, although that could be said for a lot of the guns on console.

Greddleok

The Hemlock is so powerful. I just started using it, and it's just point, kill. Occasionally you might have to pull the trigger twice if you make a mistake.

Nheco

I say again:

...wat.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to do so, but man, congrats on this insanely good game. I mean, since Halo 3 I don't play a multiplayer shooter so fun as Titanfall 2.

You guys nailed creating a game that has frantic non stop action with a deep layer of tactics, specially using Titans, when you need to play smart or you are doomed.

Also, the campaign is great (short, but great). I'd love to see some single player expansion/new campaign.

Again, congratulations on your game.

FStop7

Banned
I swear by all that is holy Respawn I am begging you to please fix map selection in Attrition. I've played probably close to 100 games over the past two days and have only seen Angel City one time. But guess how many times I've seen Complex and Crash Site? PLEASE, fix this. For that matter I rarely see Kodai, either.

SwolBro

Banned
I'm not sure if this is the right place to do so, but man, congrats on this insanely good game. I mean, since Halo 3 I don't play a multiplayer shooter so fun as Titanfall 2.

You guys nailed creating a game that has frantic non stop action with a deep layer of tactics, specially using Titans, when you need to play smart or you are doomed.

Also, the campaign is great (short, but great). I'd love to see some single player expansion/new campaign.

Again, congratulations on your game.

This is no time for congratulations!!! This is time to rain down grievances until Rayme has no choice but to succom to my demands! =D

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Beg pardon sirs (and madams), but a buddy and I made a goofy highlight reel and would love for TitanGAF to check it out.

Barely ever take the time to do this, let alone for FPS games, which just goes to show what an impact T2 has made :)

E92 M3

I hope that we don't get anymore big nerfs. Nerfs significantly make the game worse for people. Just look at SwolBro he still hasn't recovered and my Tone (still strong, but feels like she is hungover after 2 days of partying) just doesn't feel the same.

sticker,375x360.u2.png

SwolBro

Banned
I hope that we don't get anymore big nerfs. Nerfs significantly make the game worse for people. Just look at SwolBro he still hasn't recovered
But it's not only about the volt nerf. Nerfing the volt creates a major gap on console. There's only one other all purpose gun the 201 which requires more ADS so slower mobility.

The volt allowed for really aggressive play without a huge penalty.

Funny enough the only time I actually have a gun dual in this game is vs another volt.

FStop7

Banned
When you have a game where people are exclaiming it's the GOTY and best multi since MW2 and the word of mouth is so good, why nerf anything at all? It was a mistake to tamper with something that was generating so much buzz and now it's not as good.

They should have waited longer before making adjustments.

Nheco

For non Tone players: how do you deal with this fucker?

Man, I play solely with Ion. It's the most fun to play to me. Usually I don't fear any Titan, except this fucker (and maybe a Ronin right in your face).

The best I can do is seek for cover and hope their pilot isn't very good, and abuse the quick cooldown of Ion's abilities.

Any tips?

RedFury

When you have a game where people are exclaiming it's the GOTY and best multi since MW2 and the word of mouth is so good, why nerf anything at all? It was a mistake to tamper with something that was generating so much buzz and now it's not as good.

Well when you have a vocal minority as loud a Swol...*shade*

Swol I agree with the niche the Volt fills, it makes sense. It's role shouldn't bleed into that of a different class. Whatever change they made to damage over distance or accuracy I'm ok with. If there was any change I'd like for it is a projectile speed increase. It's not the Volt that needs to be moved back up because it fits where it is now. It's the Hemlock that needs to be looked at. I don't agree with the G2 however as I feel it fits in line with other assault rifles. The Hemlock however bleed into the role of sniper rifles (has their range, damage model) but has the ease of use of an assault rifle, that I don't agree with. In fact I'd argue Hemlock is the best sniper rifle, this is where the problem lies. If this is dialed back, nothing ridiculous then Volt will be in a better place for it. But to have the Hemlock bracket of power moved down and have pre patch Volt would be Volt supremacy which is not a good thing either man.

Gator86

The hysterics from people here are absurd. Yes, Respawn nerfed some things that were clearly superior to everything in those categories. That is what happens in multiplayer video games in 2016. I'm sorry you have to use other guns or slightly adjust your playstyle. These disastrous nerfs, which almost everyone say feel almost exactly the same as pre-nerf, have truly ruined the game. If you can't gun people down from across the map while wall running without aiming your SMG or dominate people in a Titan that's vastly superior to every other titan by a laughable margin, why even bother playing? Tone has probably dropped all the way to the most played titan by a slightly smaller margin.

Titanfall 2 is dead.

ironcreed

Banned
Haha, if I'm not mistaken didn't you say TF2 was shit compared to TF1? Glad you came around if so. I thought OW had the "just one more" game down but TF2 has me and won't let go. How the hell am I supposed to play these other games?

LOL, no, that was definitely not me. It was quite the opposite. I rented TF1 and played for a couple of days, sent it back and forgot all about it. But TF2 won me over after a few hours of figuring everything out and being unsure. Basically, once it clicked there was no going back. I love it.

E92 M3

But it's not only about the volt nerf. Nerfing the volt creates a major gap on console. There's only one other all purpose gun the 201 which requires more ADS so slower mobility.

The volt allowed for really aggressive play without a huge penalty.

Funny enough the only time I actually have a gun dual in this game is vs another volt.

It's so weird, you praise the Volt a lot, but I just don't have fun with it lol. Alternator, makes me a much happier camper.

I come from the camp that if nothing is nerfed, people will eventually stop talking about it. Wold be great to see Respawn's internal numbers on weapon usage.

For non Tone players: how do you deal with this fucker?

Man, I play solely with Ion. It's the most fun to play to me. Usually I don't fear any Titan, except this fucker (and maybe a Ronin right in your face).

The best I can do is seek for cover and hope their pilot isn't very good, and abuse the quick cooldown of Ion's abilities.

Any tips?

Very easily: get in her face and as an Ion you are a hard counter to tone. Tones are very easy to deal with because most are so predictable.

The hysterics from people here are absurd. Yes, Respawn nerfed some things that were clearly superior to everything in those categories. That is what happens in multiplayer video games in 2016. I'm sorry you have to use other guns or slightly adjust your playstyle. These disastrous nerfs, which almost everyone say feel almost exactly the same as pre-nerf, have truly ruined the game. If you can't gun people down from across the map while wall running without aiming your SMG or dominate people in a Titan that's vastly superior to every other titan by a laughable margin, why even bother playing? Tone has probably dropped all the way to the most played titan by a slightly smaller margin.

Titanfall 2 is dead.

Eh, clearly superior is questionable. I am now dominating with Ronin and getting messages that he is OP. I strictly believe that competent players will make anything look OP. The only Titan I am not confident in is Northstar and that's because Northstar is way too support based.

Top Bottom