• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Upinsmoke

i'm genuinely blown away by the sp campaign. don't give a toss about the story but the level design and shit is crazy, on another level.

ironcreed

Banned
i'm genuinely blown away by the sp campaign. don't give a toss about the story but the level design and shit is crazy, on another level.

I have only played the first couple of hours so far and yeah, the level design is simply great. I am going to continue tonight if I can pull myself away from the multiplayer.

Gator86

I go back and forth on the Titan's having more health thing.

Angel City makes it very apparent that TF1 Titans had more health. If you are in the middle of the map for any amount of time in Angel City in TF2 say goodbye to your Titan because you are getting hit from all sides by MGLs.

I think it is a good balance for the most part but damn you can take down a 3 health bar Ronin or Northstar so fast if they dont see you coming.

I think I'm falling further and further out of appreciation for the new titan/pilot balance. In 1, a couple titans could definitely become a ball of death and wreck unstoppable, relentless damage on pilots. Here, that's not really the case at all. One dude sitting on a rooftop firing an MGL who is smart enough to not creep over the ledge is enough to force you to flee in terror. Otherwise, they're taking off 2 or 3 bars of health in the blink of an eye. That's not even mentioning the volley of charge rifles from across the map from pilots you can't even see.

RedFury

And anyway, TitanGAF... I'm going to start making OT2 now. If you keep misgendering Northstar you'll get a polarising title again
jk

Isn't Ion gender bent? He's male normally but female when prime? Females superior to males confirmed. We should start a controversy about this absolutely miniscule change that doesn't mean anything /s.

Holy shit, this game needs an audible cue for joining matches. A 3 second countdown, for fuck's sake. Can't tell you how many times I've been kicked out of the loadout screens jarringly. Very frustrating.
Kicked out? You have the option to enable audio when the game is not in focus.

RedFury

I think I'm falling further and further out of appreciation for the new titan/pilot balance. In 1, a couple titans could definitely become a ball of death and wreck unstoppable, relentless damage on pilots. Here, that's not really the case at all. One dude sitting on a rooftop firing an MGL who is smart enough to not creep over the ledge is enough to force you to flee in terror. Otherwise, they're taking off 2 or 3 bars of health in the blink of an eye. That's not even mentioning the volley of charge rifles from across the map from pilots you can't even see.
It depends on the titan Ion's laser, and Tone primary make them easy targets. Just back off as you said and they have to peak. Same for charge rifles. Northstar however makes them comical. Fly up and either hit them with rifle or cluster. If they're in a room using MGL or any anti titan weapon for that matter out of sight cluster works nicely lol. If Legion, Scorch, Ronin..buh bye.

E92 M3

I think the balance is perfect - I pilot should be able to take out a Titan if he's persistent. A smart titan operator will be cognizant of his positioning. I never have issues with pilots, but they can be annoying - which is fine.

KodaRuss

I was about to say who is this guy that says he is making OT2? Then I realized Cobalt changed his avatar...

As a Ronin only player right now when I hear an MGL I immediately dash once or twice in the opposite direction I was moving. The thing can just melt you so fast.

I don't mind that it makes you play smarter or safer and if it was Respawn's intent to make Pilots feel more powerful against Titans I think they achieved that (this coming from someone who never played Titanfall 1 though).

Gator86

It depends on the titan Ion's laser, and Tone primary make them easy targets. Just back off as you said and they have to peak. Same for charge rifles. Northstar however makes them comical. Fly up and either hit them with rifle or cluster. If they're in a room using multiple or any anti titan weapon for that matter out of sight cluster works nicely lol. If Legion, Scorch, Ronin..buh bye.

Fair point. Everything always works for Tone so she's fine, but the others get shredded. Ion depends on people peeking for the laser, and smart players simply won't take that bait. With the arc on the MGL, you just dont need to be near ledges at all. I'm always skeptical on Northstar, they have so little health already and flying just makes you a big target. So yeah, you could fly up to get a better angle, but I'd just phase shift out of there and start taking shots on the exposed, flying titan directly after. Like you said, the other three are just fucked against more than one pilot determined to take them down.

E92 M3

Determined pilots should be able to take out titans. In fact, I wish more pilots were determined lol. Personally, I love being as annoying as possible to Titans.

RedFury

TITANFALL 2|OT2| SwolBro is still crying
Sensiblechuckle.gif

Determined pilots should be able to take out titans. In fact, I wish more pilots were determined lol. Personally, I love being as annoying as possible to Titans.
I want you on my team. I swear half my games my teams idea of being annoying is jumping into the enemy Titans fist...over and over and...I could keep going.

Arrrammis

Strafe circling a titan using stim + Boosted weapons + MGL is so satisfying. I can get them down to half health (or less for the squishier titans) in a clip and then steal a battery before backing off and hiding to reload and do it again. Plus,. by the time I can get them to low health I've usually earned my titan, bonus points for getting a drop kill with it :)

E92 M3

And I was being a smart ass, I guess we do :p

Edit: I mean I'd be doing the carrying. Shades.gif

Strafe circling a titan using stim + Boosted weapons + MGL is so satisfying. I can get them down to half health (or less for the squishier titans) in a clip and then steal a battery before backing off and hiding to reload and do it again. Plus,. by the time I can get them to low health I've usually earned my titan, bonus points for getting a drop kill with it :)

The key is to make the Titan so salty and only focus on taking you out. It's how I kill many of them - tunnel vision stops them from common sense.

ghostwich

The key is to make the Titan so salty and only focus on taking you out. It's how I kill many of them - tunnel vision stops them from common sense.

Exactly - when they're trying to kill you they aren't doing anything else. I think that's more in line with the weapons and how they are scaled against Titans.

FStop7

Banned
Something is wrong with stats on PS4. I got two Titan kills in my last game of Attrition but the leaderboard shows that I had 0. I recorded the match and double checked.

E92 M3

Exactly - when they're trying to kill you they aren't doing anything else. I think that's more in line with the weapons and how they are scaled against Titans.

Since TF1 came out, attacking Titans as a pilot has always been one of my favorite things to do. It's like fighting a miniboss.

Something is wrong with stats on PS4. I got two Titan kills in my last game of Attrition but the leaderboard shows that I had 0. I recorded the match and double checked.

I've had that happen before; it's indeed weird.

vctor182

1 week in and I'm at level 49, my Ion titan is Gen 3 already. I'm using the Battery Boost and Overcore to jump start the Core ability and so far I've been getting great results. Laser shot is awesome to take out those pestering pilots!

Izuna

Banned
Btw. The mod did not answer me why we're in community already. Anyone got further information?

One step at a time.

What!? I really thought the only "females" were Tone(Big Bertha) and Northstar. I guess "she" never really stood out to me until prime voice.

Side note... Japanese Northstar is bae

I wish I could extract those files but I don't have the Japanese PC version. I hope we get to change Titan OS voices later.

Izuna

Banned
Do it! You're the chosen one

Member the times when we thought there won't be an OT2?

I've always said... This game won't get an OT3, just like the original.

Though tbh, we have made it to OT2 WAY faster than R1 ever did. I think it took until the Ranked Chip came out which was... I think like 6 months into the game or something.

Take one for the team

I feel like Bish would straight up close it, lmao.

RedFury

I've always said... This game won't get an OT3, just like the original.

Though tbh, we have made it to OT2 WAY faster than R1 ever did. I think it took until the Ranked Chip came out which was... I think like 6 months into the game or something.

I feel like Bish would straight up close it, lmao.
What? I see bish in PS4 network every now and then.

Coliseum reminds me so much of Tribes.

Also, this game really makes me want a Vanquish sequel with wall running.
I won't lie sometimes I wish that slide gave a boost like the knee slide in vanquish. Shit would be mad. Could you imagine if every slide gave a stim like quick boost *drooling with flys in sparkling eyes anime style*

FStop7

Banned
I regenerated my pilot and used credits to unlock Hemlok instead of Devotion. Big mistake. People like this gun? It's so slow.

RedFury

I regenerated my pilot and used credits to unlock Hemlok instead of Devotion. Big mistake. People like this gun? It's so slow.
Each weapon has a different play style. You either adapt to its niche or realise you don't like the play style and move on.

Top Bottom