• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Gator86

Each weapon has a different play style. You either adapt to its niche or realise you don't like the play style and move on.

Basically. You pick Devotion if you're planning to window camp or A-wall hug. It's not useful for high mobility playstyles. Any time you're playing a style which gives you a jump on people - cloaked, camping, A-walling, etc., the devotion is legit.

deoee

Hyperbole :)

I'm going to make the OT so beautiful it'll get moved to Gaming <3

image.php

Smilebomb

Neo Member
Amped hardpoint is such a weird mode. The team that has the most Titan uptime loses because everyone just stomps around in their Titans and never cap anything. So frustrating

RedFury

Amped hardpoint is such a weird mode. The team that has the most Titan uptime loses because everyone just stomps around in their Titans and never cap anything. So frustrating
Yeah I still don't get it if I'm honest. I thought it was like domination but it's not. So to clear this up if you have 1 Amped Hardpoint that's the same as 2 unimpeded hardpoint point wise correct?

EL CUCO

That's the one mode I never get in my Titan for. Auto pilot and camp B FTW

Smilebomb

Neo Member
Yeah I still don't get it if I'm honest. I thought it was like domination but it's not. So to clear this up if you have 1 Amped Hardpoint that's the same as 2 unimpeded hardpoint point wise correct?
Yeah, amped hardpoint gives double points.

Thats why you get out of your Titan and maybe even use enhanced AI ;)
That's been my go to strategy for the mode, but there's only so much you can do on your own. Might have to take off enhanched titan so my Titan dies quicker and the enemy gets theirs faster lol.
I'm not sure what Titan is the best to use on enhanced auto though. I usually use Ion.

deoee

Yeah, amped hardpoint gives double points.

That's been my go to strategy for the mode, but there's only so much you can do on your own. Might have to take off enhanched titan so my Titan dies quicker and the enemy gets theirs faster lol.
I'm not sure what Titan is the best to use on enhanced auto though. I usually use Ion.

Tone, it oneshots pilots :S

E92 M3

One of the mods really hates Titanfall. Infinite Warfare is still on the front page and that OT is pretty much a ghost town.

KingV

I think I'm falling further and further out of appreciation for the new titan/pilot balance. In 1, a couple titans could definitely become a ball of death and wreck unstoppable, relentless damage on pilots. Here, that's not really the case at all. One dude sitting on a rooftop firing an MGL who is smart enough to not creep over the ledge is enough to force you to flee in terror. Otherwise, they're taking off 2 or 3 bars of health in the blink of an eye. That's not even mentioning the volley of charge rifles from across the map from pilots you can't even see.

IMO tf2 pilots are actually less danger because of the changes to rodeo. In tf1 you could hop on the back of a Titan and melt it in like 7 seconds with the R92. It also feels like punch has a better hotbox against Titans in tf2 than 1.

The Titan vs pilot play is just different t in tf2. I'm not actually sure which one I like better.

IMO tf2 pilots are actually less danger because of the changes to rodeo. In tf1 you could hop on the back of a Titan and melt it in like 7 seconds with the R92. It also feels like punch has a better hotbox against Titans in tf2 than 1.

The Titan vs pilot play is just different t in tf2. I'm not actually sure which one I like better.

I find myself terrified of pilots because they have AT weapons that destroy me quite quickly. No wonder they didn't make AT and pistols default.

I understand this encourages users to use boosts like the battery boost, but that boost seems so lopsided in that if you want a good Titan, you are best off using it.

I still think we should all start with batteries and have stealing batteries drain shields. I think boosts like Anti Titan Turret should specialize in destroying titan shields. All pilots should have AT weapons that specialize in different things like removing shields, destroying core health, and then finally the doomed health.

It just feels like there could be a lot more variety if we all started with shields.

Even with potential future titan load outs or new Titans, shields could play an added meta role (like having kits that specialize in removing shields, or even having titans that could transfer shields to teammates)

Not really complaining, just suggesting it could be a little deeper

KodaRuss

One of the mods really hates Titanfall. Infinite Warfare is still on the front page and that OT is pretty much a ghost town.

Titanfall 2 | OT 2 | Don't Worry, Battlefield 1 OT 2 Is Months Away

We have already passed BF1 by almost 2k posts.

The way we will get an OT3 will really be up to Respawn and EA if they can keep up the content. Bringing in things like Frontier defense or doing things like giving Ronin 5 health bars for a buff will get people talking.
Do it for a week Respawn it will be awesome!

Gator86

Fair point on the rodeo change. I think I'd prefer that as opposed to what we have now. It feels mandatory to take the battery boost if you enjoy using titans. Otherwise, unless the other team is complete trash, you're getting picked apart from 2 or 3 places the second the dome drops. At least requiring rodeo for high titan damage would require enemy pilots be aggressive and not sitting back a mile away glitch firing charge rifles. After so much time with this game, I've realized I don't fear titans at all as a pilot and worry more about enemy pilots more than enemy titans.

It just feels a bit too easy to kill titans now. I've taken out groups of 3 or more titans at once almost singlehandedly on maps like crash site where they're all clustered up.

RedFury

We have already passed BF1 by almost 2k posts.

The way we will get an OT3 will really be up to Respawn and EA if they can keep up the content. Bringing in things like Frontier defense or doing things like giving Ronin 5 health bars for a buff will get people talking.
Do it for a week Respawn it will be awesome!
Omg NO! A good Ronin is already a nightmare. He shits on Ion. After denouncing refraction lens I tested it, and it's now my favorite perk for Ion. You can dump all your energy and do massive damage. It's a useful hard counter to Ronin's nightmarish death march. You can take him from full to doomed with it. This leads to an easy execution because he's already trudging along to you.

KodaRuss

Omg NO! A good Ronin is already a nightmare. He shits on Ion. After denouncing refraction lens I tested it, and it's now my favorite perk for Ion. You can dump all your energy and do massive damage. It's a useful hard counter to Ronin's nightmarish death march. You can take him from full to doomed with it. This leads to an easy execution because he's already trudging along to you.

Hehe, there is nothing more exciting than seeing a lonely Ion walking around when I am in my Ronin. I went up against one last night in a LTS match with full health for both of us 1v1 and executed him and only took about half a bar of damage.

Discobird

I do like how every Titan gets smoke now but it's limited to one charge per core or two with the extra smoke kit. In TF1 you were pretty much required to run either smoke or cluster missile or else you were total rodeo food, so there were many combinations of tacticals and ordnance that you would never see.

RedFury

Been that way since the first patch.

He's honestly useless now.
I think there is a glitch or something fishy going on. As Ion I can have a shield and full health put up shield and absorb a blast and a whole bunch of bullets, dash to his side point blank, let go and boom, I'm doomed like I took a hit from nuclear ejection while he takes none. That's happened to me at least 3 times and I want to know what the hell is causing it.

Izuna

Banned
I think there is a glitch or something fishy going on. As Ion I can have a shield and full health put up shield and absorb a blast and a whole bunch of bullets, dash to his side point blank, let go and boom, I'm doomed like I took a hit from nuclear ejection while he takes none. That's happened to me at least 3 times and I want to know what the hell is causing it.

What's happening is that Ion shits on Legion now, as well as Tone. Better Particle Wall basically shuts down Smart Core.

~~

I have a question...

Didn't it use to say Smart Core in the killfeed? Now it just says Predator Cannon. Hmm...

RedFury

What's happening is that Ion shits on Legion now, as well as Tone. Better Particle Wall basically shuts down Smart Core.

~~

I have a question...

Didn't it use to say Smart Core in the killfeed? Now it just says Predator Cannon. Hmm...
Maybe you miss understood. ME the ION user took all the damage I released. It's happen on several occasions where I'm at point blank range. It's like I bounces off them and I'm either put into doom state or outright killed. It's doesn't even say they killed me in kill feed. No replay either camera just shows the Legion walking around with none of his health touched. It's annoying because I don't even know what the hell happened.

Edit: I'll try to get a clip of it later tonight it's happened at the very least 3 times to me and it's always Legion.

SwolBro

Banned
Nope, I see nothing wrong with that. You cherry-picked the absolute best-case scenarios with the Hemlock as examples. Most of the time, people aren't landing hip fire kills like that and such. How would those have gone any differently with another weapon? I could land all those kills with a Flatline or Alternator just as easily, if not easier, in many of those examples.

There's no escaping ______ death in TF2 most of the time. There are not, and have never been any gun duels in this game. Death is instant and often unavoidable. I am killed by the devotion before I even realize I've been shot. SMGs from midrange or closer are headshot machines without even forcing you to break your gait. I don't see the Hemlok as substantially different from other weapons.

Only that it's not hard to pull these types of kills off. That was the point of the clips. The drawbacks aren't enough for the power it packs at mid to long ranges.

Go play pvp on angel city. It's the worst. Titanfall 1 never had this type of shit in it. You could outgun a carbine despite being hit first, you could outpace the tracking of the carbine so being as fast as possible mattered. Right now there is none of that in this game and that's mainly because of these insanely OP range weapons like the hemlock and g2a. There is no speed in which these guns won't track you and smoke you in 1 to 2 bursts.

Someone mentioned slowing down the rate of fire to these guns. I think that'd be a good idea. If they won't nerf the damage at least the rate of fire could be pulled back. It will mean making sure your shots count and it would allow your opponent time to react if you miss.

E92 M3

Fair point on the rodeo change. I think I'd prefer that as opposed to what we have now. It feels mandatory to take the battery boost if you enjoy using titans. Otherwise, unless the other team is complete trash, you're getting picked apart from 2 or 3 places the second the dome drops. At least requiring rodeo for high titan damage would require enemy pilots be aggressive and not sitting back a mile away glitch firing charge rifles. After so much time with this game, I've realized I don't fear titans at all as a pilot and worry more about enemy pilots more than enemy titans.

It just feels a bit too easy to kill titans now. I've taken out groups of 3 or more titans at once almost singlehandedly on maps like crash site where they're all clustered up.

Titans are perfectly balanced against pilots. So when the enemy team is stacked with Titans, it feels possible to kill them.

Also, I haven't feared Titans since the first game. Some pilots are better than others at taking them out. I've slaughtered many that don't know what they're doing. And Crash Site is just shit overall and it's the Titan's fault for grouping up like that.

I don't want to see anymore nerfs, just buffs. Nerfs don't make people excited, but buffs do.

In all honesty, I would say Titanfall 2 is one of the most balanced shooters out. I feel powerful as a Titan and Pilot - that's really telling.

Calderc

Some people in here really need to take a step back. We're lucky enough to have some devs come in and actually respond to us in here, don't chase them off with hyperbolic, antagonistic BS.

Izuna

Banned
Some people in here really need to take a step back. We're lucky enough to have some devs come in and actually respond to us in here, don't chase them off with hyperbolic, antagonistic BS.

We were all in agreement before this Volt Hemlock stuff...

The Arc Cannon stuff tore the community apart before. We shouldn't let it happen again. I mean, Swol almost calling Rayme a liar is a tab bit disrespectful. These patches ain't easy, heck, there are a multitude of bugs to fix (despite this game being in an almost pristine condition with some of the best performance to date).

See this is why we are in community.

For this, I apologise.

Calderc

The Arc Cannon stuff tore the community apart before. We shouldn't let it happen again. I mean, Swol almost calling Rayme a liar is a tab bit disrespectful. These patches ain't easy, heck, there are a multitude of bugs to fix (despite this game being in an almost pristine condition with some of the best performance to date).

Exactly what I mean. They made a nigh-on perfect game and shouldn't be torn to shreds over what amounts to small things in the grand sceme of things.

It's fucking awesome that...3? devs are regularly in this thread. They answer questions and are generally fucking cool. Does anyone think that will continue if some people are just outright shitting on them?

Yeah, so there's some changes we would like made. You can convey that just fine without saying the game has been 'fucked into the ground' by the devs and stopping just short of calling them liars.

KodaRuss

Exactly what I mean. They made a nigh-on perfect game and shouldn't be torn to shreds over what amounts to small things in the grand sceme of things.

It's fucking awesome that...3? devs are regularly in this thread. They answer questions and are generally fucking cool. Does anyone think that will continue if some people are just outright shitting on them?

Yeah, so there's some changes we would like made. You can convey that just fine without saying the game has been 'fucked into the ground' by the devs and stopping just short of calling them liars.

I hope that they do not take offense to what is being said here ever. Lots of knee jerk reactions here and there but I think these conversations are good for the community and Respawn overall.

They dont have to believe everything we say. They can look at the data, if they think they need to look at aspects of the game we have shown concern with.

No competitive MP games stay exactly the same from release anymore and to remain viable they have to evolve as the community evolves.

However the posts (which there are very few in my eyes) that state that "What were they thinking?" or are just hateful or spiteful do not add to the conversation and do not have a place here.

Animator

Seconding this. Respawn devs, your presence and attention is greatly appreciated. Hope you guys stick around.

deoee

I can only second evertything that was said.

The devs are doing an awesome work and try to be part of the community which barely happens.
Some people just don't show any respect and I hope it will not sour the experience for everyone around here.

Izuna

Banned
I feel like R2 getting shit on by people who preferred R1 is doing this game a disservice, but it's also "honest". Impressions are mostly good for the sake of feedback and understanding issues, but as for it being why this thread is in "community", that would make some sense.

OTs are usually full of praise while review threads are full of negativity. Sadly, there are people who like to shit on R2 and they have all the ammo from the fans. At least when it happened to Destiny (when threads about it in gaming were full of shit for it), the OT was a community who didn't care about complaining.

It's the nature of the game. There aren't e-sports to talk about. Gamesager isn't particularly liked (sorry), and Frothy videos are glorified tutorials. So the only thing left in the OT is to organise playtimes (which basically never happens) and give "feedback".

R2 didn't pull in many new players outside of its Campaign because R1 was played by basically everyone who was around that time (since it was released when other games weren't about).

While I have to hold my hands up and say I'm the worst offender of this, let's take a recap of all prior discussions (some I didn't initiate):

• The title
  • Tone being OP
  • Legion being OP
  • Please don't nerf anything
  • Cloak is OP
  • Release window is a mistake
  • Why are we in community
  • Complex/Crash Site woes
  • This recent anti-Hemlock/Volt changes suck discussion
  • This place being toxic

Regardless of how important these things are, the nature of R2 is that it's a complicated game with no clear cut meta. I mean, some people came in and posted that they couldn't understand some of the modes.

We aren't discussing meta. Nuclear is good for Bounty hunt? Nerf it. Tone is good? Nerf her. Hemlock is a great weapon? Nerf that. Mix that in with the occasional gif, and you have OT1.

I think this community is a little spoilt by devs posting in here because there's this expectation that shit will definitely be changed or fixed w/e.

I would personally love for there to be a discussion on sight lines, strats, best flag routes etc. Instead, if anything is even remotely super good, it's because it needs a nerf.

Sorry for ranting but honestly I'm not surprised we're in Community.

---

TBH, I know Respawn are hard at work chasing down the issues while brainstorming how to get this beautiful game in the hands of more people. I mean fuck, a free weekend didn't even seem to do it. This is the number one way to drive the devs off, if that's what we want to do.

Now I don't want to mandate anything (nor could I), but I hope OT2 is far more positive in general and when there are issues, it can be discussed without us trying to make each other look like scrubs or asking if they're even good enough to complain about something.

KodaRuss

On another note I only have about 10 Advocate Gift Banners that I have not yet unlocked and I have not gotten either of these yet. Are they in the game or am I just going to have to keep playing Coliseum and only receiving credits for Advocate Gifts. Has anyone seen these yet?

316px-Titanfall_2_Callsign_Titanium_Throne.jpg

316px-Titanfall_2_Callsign_To_The_Nines.jpg

Ferny

While I have to hold my hands up and say I'm the worst offender of this, let's take a recap of all prior discussions (some I didn't initiate):

• The title
  • Tone being OP
  • Legion being OP
  • Please don't nerf anything
  • Cloak is OP
  • Release window is a mistake
  • Why are we in community
  • Complex/Crash Site woes
  • This recent anti-Hemlock/Volt changes suck discussion
  • This place being toxic
These are the two that just clog up pages of this thread and I don't understand why. They lend nothing to actual discussion of the game and frankly really drive away people from staying and providing actual discussion to the game. If people want to discuss Titanfall, they will come to the OT regardless of where it is. Destiny has 43 OTs and while a lot of that is because of setting up games and matches and all of that, it still has prospered a community that goes beyond the game in many ways.

A little more focus on the actual game and not the title of this or where the thread actually is will help OT2 be a bit better and maybe help push along this great game that I really do enjoy.

KodaRuss

Also lol @ people complaining about the Hemlock while the Devotion exists...

It's not even close on PC.

I think that is just the difference in the platforms I guess. I see probably 6 Hemlocks to every 1 Devotion.

As far as strategies go Ill post my start of the match Bounty Hunt strat that works really well to get me MVP all the time to steer this conversation as Cobalt suggested.

Step 1 Pick Smart Pistol Boost
Step 2 Acquire Smart Pistol with some Pilot/Grunt Kills
Step 3 Take out tons of NPCs insanely fast with Smart Pistol
Step 4 Call in Ronin
Step 5 Nuclear Ronin onto Bounty Titan in the second round

I am usually leaving the bank after the second deposit with around 1000+ points with this strategy and we are up by a minimum of 700 points going into the next round of NPCs.

Cobalt, I did something for you you gotta do something for me. Stop using R1/R2. Please!

Top Bottom