• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Hmm.... speaking for myself i've done nothing but give constructive criticism. I've detailed exactly why the nerfs and lack of buffs to specific weapons are an issue until i've been blue in the face.
I'm all for your constructive criticism. I hope Respawn pays attention, compares the data they collect to our input to make the game better for us all. I'm like you and feel like the game need to give an edge to the mobile players, but that's my preferred playing style. What about the weirdos who want to use the sniper rifles and the real freaks who are making grenade launchers their primary? I'd like to see how they can balance for those folks too.

It really is.

It sounds like PvP is almost a totally different game, and I hope they don't balance around it. I see none of these hemlock problems on PC, infact I barely see anyone use it. Right now there is quite a bit of variety in weapons and Titans, no one gun stands out as much better than the others.
Same on ps4. Hemlock seems more map dependent and more of an issue in pvp. Making it a little slower might not destroy it, though

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
We really need custom Titan loadouts the same way Pilots have, seriously Respawn, please make this happen. You even had mode-specific loadouts in the first game for both Pilot and Titan! The way y'all did that in TF1 was perfect ... please do something similar here.

We really need custom Titan loadouts the same way Pilots have, seriously Respawn, please make this happen. You even had mode-specific loadouts in the first game for both Pilot and Titan! The way y'all did that in TF1 was perfect ... please do something similar here.

So I never played Tf1, but I like the way the Titans are set up in Tf2. There's something about choosing a hero class for the Titans is satisfying to me.

E92 M3

But Legion is fucked

Literally unplayable

Also, I have 3k credits. Why isnt BT unlocking?

Pretty much at 4k and still no BT. And I'm not sure if you're sarcastic or not about Legion and it's kill me...softly.

It really is.

It sounds like PvP is almost a totally different game, and I hope they don't balance around it. I see none of these hemlock problems on PC, infact I barely see anyone use it. Right now there is quite a bit of variety in weapons and Titans, no one gun stands out as much better than the others.

I agree, nothing should be balanced around PVP. It can be a fun mode, but not at the cost of others.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
So I never played Tf1, but I like the way the Titans are set up in Tf2. There's something about choosing a hero class for the Titans is satisfying to me.

In Titanfall (after a few updates) we could set 2 pilot and titan classes based on game mode in addition to the base 5 classes.

For instance, my Scorch loadout is different in Bounty Hunt than it is in say Amped Hardpoint, but in this game I only get 1 Scorch loadout, whereas in the first game I got 2 different loadouts as a Pilot and Titan using whatever chassis I wanted. You only had to play the game mode a few times to unlock them. It was a great idea, I hope they bring it back.

In Titanfall (after a few updates) we could set 2 pilot and titan classes based on game mode in addition to the base 5 classes.

For instance, my Scorch loadout is different in Bounty Hunt than it is in say Amped Hardpoint, but in this game I only get 1 Scorch loadout, whereas in the first game I got 2 different loadouts as a Pilot and Titan using whatever chassis I wanted. You only had to play the game mode a few times to unlock them. It was a great idea, I hope they bring it back.

Ahh, I see what you're saying. I thought you meant fully customizable Titans, like choosing all the different primary, secondary, and defensive abilities.

I do like the idea of having multiple loadouts of Titans.

SwolBro

Banned
I'm all for your constructive criticism. I hope Respawn pays attention, compares the data they collect to our input to make the game better for us all. I'm like you and feel like the game need to give an edge to the mobile players, but that's my preferred playing style. What about the weirdos who want to use the sniper rifles and the real freaks who are making grenade launchers their primary? I'd like to see how they can balance for those folks too.

Ever see Titanfall 1 kraber videos? The kraber is amazing to use while being mobile. It's true skill.

Titanfall 1 never had weapons like the hemlock/g2a where you really do not need any type of movement at all to be successful.

FStop7

Banned
Angel City's a nice map but wow does it have a camper infestation. Literally some guy perched on the tip of true tallest spire with a sniper rifle, dudes camped out in windows, turrets, etc.

Izuna

Banned
[TitanGAF] people, PM me your Bounty Hunt clips (kills where you get money). I have a montage idea. <3

I need to know how to put gaming stuff on this avatar... I like this more than everything else.

deoee

[TitanGAF] people, PM me your Bounty Hunt clips (kills where you get money). I have a montage idea. <3

I need to know how to put gaming stuff on this avatar... I like this more than everything else.

I will try to remember to save some awesome clips if they happen :v

Ever see Titanfall 1 kraber videos? The kraber is amazing to use while being mobile. It's true skill.

Titanfall 1 never had weapons like the hemlock/g2a where you really do not need any type of movement at all to be successful.
I was a CAR man during my time playing titanfall on PC (with a controller none the less). I'll have to look up some of those videos of kraber users to make myself feel like a real scrub. Regarding the sedentary players, I'm betting in the next round of changes the hemlock will get nerfed. Then the hemlock users can take over the thread.

Ive reached my limit with the lack of SBMM in this game.

Im at the point where Im quitting matches within 2 minutes simply because its so obvious that Ive been tasked once again with herding cats or babysitting the handicapped.

And thats excluding matches Im dropped into mid-way with an over 1000 point difference. Obviously those are immediate quits.

Izuna

Banned
Just BH? Do you want GIFs or videos?

I'm gonna start saving more clips.

Clips where either a lot of money is made, or specifically BH stuff.

Videos, definitely. Either SharePlay (with sound) or XboxDVR.com stuff. PC records are fine too (I'll encode them for 30fps though).

Im at the point where Im quitting matches within 2 minutes simply because its so obvious that Ive been tasked once again with herding cats or babysitting the handicapped.

And thats excluding matches Im dropped into mid-way with an over 1000 point difference. Obviously those are immediate quits.

Won't SBMM make this matter worse?

I get this situation a lot but most games it's possible to make a comeback: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxFrckTi7OE

But yeah, they seriously need to make sure BH, if there's a $800 or more difference or you're dropping into a game where the other team has a full set of Titans, it won't count as a loss.

KodaRuss

I think that is the game... I gotta score 3k in BH or we lose.

I have switched to Holo Pilot almost completely now. Its quite fun.

Izuna

Banned
I've just realised that the UI never tells you anything about the cash you get from a kill... Only with a small blue icon that goes over some enemies.

SwolBro

Banned
Whats a good elite controller config for this game? Currently I have jump and slide set up on the top paddles.
I have jump on left back paddle and slide/crouch on right back paddle. So yeah can't really get better than that unless you go more paddles which i can't

My exact experience tonight minus the, um, "colorful" language...

I haven't reached my limit, but Im damn near getting there.

Calderc

Had someone message me earlier and congratulate me on the win and complement my shooting.

Unexpected and welcome, especially since my aim blows!

HelloMeow

My exact experience tonight minus the, um, "colorful" language...

I haven't reached my limit, but Im damn near getting there.

What do you guys want it to be like exactly? I agree it can be frustrating, but when they changed the matchmaking in TF1 it was even more frustrating. There were longer wait times and typically you had to carry more bad teammates than before.

I can finally stop playing Legion

t6JrbiQl.jpg

Why not play with friends?

I do, but it can get boring if all you do is steamroll. The other negative side of not having a more aggressive SBMM is that premades often dominate when matching against a group of randoms.

What do you guys want it to be like exactly? I agree it can be frustrating, but when they changed the matchmaking in TF1 it was even more frustrating. There were longer wait times and typically you had to carry more bad teammates than before.

Much as I appreciate the fast wait times between matches, it kind of evens out when you quit out of half because you can't be bothered to put up with your teammates idiocy.

And once you've regenned a few times, the unlocks don't really work as a carrot on a stick. You're just grinding for the next achievement-tied camo or whatever.

I don't know the best fix given the concerns over population.

The best bet is probably to find a party of equally-skilled players, but even through networks thats tough (I often try GAF's network, but few people are on and when they are, they seem to be either in game, in party, or just ignoring invites).

*shrug*

So I've decided to try out bumper jumper and Evolved last night. I can't do Evolved right now, it's bad enough requiring my brain for two inputs let alone four.

Bumper Jumper improves my movements, except for the weird moments where I threw a grenade at myself for pressing the wrong bumper, but it feels like it's negatively impacting my ADS playstyle of using the G2. :v

Izuna

Banned
Much as I appreciate the fast wait times between matches, it kind of evens out when you quit out of half because you can't be bothered to put up with your teammates idiocy.

And once you've regenned a few times, the unlocks don't really work as a carrot on a stick. You're just grinding for the next achievement-tied camo or whatever.

I don't know the best fix given the concerns over population.

The best bet is probably to find a party of equally-skilled players, but even through networks thats tough (I often try GAF's network, but few people are on and when they are, they seem to be either in game, in party, or just ignoring invites).

*shrug*

People aren't ignoring invites... They just can't see them unless they're in the exact same datacentre (a stupid decision). You gotta send them a message or something.

Honestly, aggressive SBMM killed R1 and it would your situation much worse.

People aren't ignoring invites... They just can't see them unless they're in the exact same datacentre (a stupid decision). You gotta send them a message or something.

Honestly, aggressive SBMM killed R1 and it would your situation much worse.
Are you sure i see invites from people definitely not in my data center and vice versa

Animator

Salvo Core is a little weaker. That's all I've noticed. Better Particle Shield is honestly annoying to fight against haha

Tone shield is a non issue if you just boost and get in her face. Most of the time Tone players run to the other side of the shield and realize they can't shoot through their own shield from the other side while you use their shield against them. Shield is only annoying when you try to fight a tone through it. If I have a slow titan I just hide around a corner and ignore it till it's down.

Izuna

Banned
Tone shield is a non issue if you just boost and get in her face. Most of the time Tone players run to the other side of the shield and realize they can't shoot through their own shield from the other side while you use their shield against them. Shield is only annoying when you try to fight a tone through it. If I have a slow titan I just hide around a corner and ignore it till it's down.

In some lanes (like Angel City) I would just not bother fighting a Tone that has one up (you can tell which is the stronger one because it's taller).

It eats like 5 seconds of a Smart Core.

ironcreed

Banned
You guys were not kidding, the campaign definitely starts feeling like something Valve would make at points. With the multiplayer and the campaign, how this game is escaping being huge is a crime.

TITANFALL 2 |OT2.1| Whatever the %$&^ that means.
TITANFALL 2 |prOT2| Uphold The Mission
TITANFALL 2 |OT2| Don't Misgender Northstar Either.
TITANFALL 2 |OT2| Didact's montage still not out
TITANFALL 2 |OT2| Can We Get An Encore? (posted in Gaming)
TITANFALL 2 |OT2| I promise that this title will be better
TITANFALL 2 |OT2| TitanGAF are family and we'll KICK YOUR ARSE

cast your votes

Best one by miles.

Top Bottom