• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

jeffc919

I've made peace with the fact this game should allow people to play how they want. If they want to camp, go for it. If they want to be a space ninja, that's fine too. As long as all tools provided are viable I'm happy.

Give the player as many options as possible. That's what made MW2 so good.

TTK IS PERFECT. It allows for the individual to shine plus factors in reaction time. Many times I've turned on people that didn't land their shots.

I find myself agreeing with nearly everything you say! TTK is great. SBMM is the f---ing bane of my existence. A variety of weapons conducive to different play styles is a good thing.

So Northstar is awful, right?

I feel like I'm trying too hard to make everything in this game "work" when in reality the weapons/titans aren't balanced.

KodaRuss

eafVhH4h.jpg

I guess I need to start using the Hemlock more
I have used it for less than 2 minutes total and somehow got 4 kills with it...
DwO6A5rh.jpg

I hit Gen 10 with Tone a couple weeks ago and I have switched to Ronin completely now.

This post was just to say that Respawn did a great job with the stats page... but I want to go deeper!

Tell me what maps I do best on? Winning%, K/D, MVP or Top 3

What my average score is at different time stamps during the game.

Whats is my K/D while in a Titan and not.

What is my average score in each game mode?

What is my Coliseum win%?

Figured I would just make a wish list, not sure if anyone else agrees or not.

E92 M3

So Northstar is awful, right?

I feel like I'm trying too hard to make everything in this game "work" when in reality the weapons/titans aren't balanced.

Northstar just doesn't shine on most maps. She is good inherently, but I have an easy time getting her in face. Northstar on Homestead, though...

eafVhH4h.jpg

I guess I need to start using the Hemlock more
I have used it for less than 2 minutes total and somehow got 4 kills with it...
DwO6A5rh.jpg

I hit Gen 10 with Tone a couple weeks ago and I have switched to Ronin completely now.

This post was just to say that Respawn did a great job with the stats page... but I want to go deeper!

Tell me what maps I do best on? Winning%, K/D, MVP or Top 3

What my average score is at different time stamps during the game.

Whats is my K/D while in a Titan and not.

What is my average score in each game mode?

What is my Coliseum win%?

Figured I would just make a wish list, not sure if anyone else agrees or not.

I would love for deeper stats but imagine they are already showing everything being tracked. I got Gen 21 on Tone and switched to Ronin, close to regening him for the 2nd time. Ronin is so much fun.

Yes, i want a highly mobile game with gun duals and no bullshit overpowered range weapons. Gosh, such an elitist mentality, am i right?

on another note i decided to go hemlock exclusively for a few games this morning. got 3 hate mails accusing me of being a little bitch camper lol
Sorry for the drivve by... I dunno, man, the game i play is already highly mobile with gun battles and tons of viable weapons. I already said slightly slower fire rate or less autoaim might be a decent thing to try with h the hemlock or g2. I don't want those guns to be useless, though. So far,camping ina non issue in most modes. I also find it weird that you had no probs withe the volt being OP but i guess that's because it was your fav gun. I have yet to see the hemlock dominate in BH, Attrition or AH and it wont do much good on a handful of maps, either.

I think a bigger problem is amped weapons and how long it stays active and its ability to stack.

RedFury

Sorry for the drivve by... I dunno, man, the game i play is already highly mobile with gun battles and tons of viable weapons. I already said slightly slower fire rate or less autoaim might be a decent thing to try with h the hemlock or g2. I don't want those guns to be useless, though. So far,camping ina non issue in most modes. I also find it weird that you had no probs withe the volt being OP but i guess that's because it was your fav gun. I have yet to see the hemlock dominate in BH, Attrition or AH and it wont do much good on a handful of maps, either.

I think a bigger problem is amped weapons and how long it stays active and its ability to stack.
If I'm being honest sounds like pure bullshit to me. Sounds like catering to a specific playstyle you excel at while setting rules against others sounds petty as hell. The game allows for all kinds of styles of play but to say only one of them is ok is cowardly. That's like calling some one out to 1v1 and telling them they can't use their favorite weapon or playstyle and they have to play to your strength NOT theirs, COME ON NOW.

Edit: Not direct at you but at the notion of a "Competition" of skill with ridiculous rule sets. WTF is the point of a competition without the competition?

ironcreed

Banned
If I'm being honest sounds like pure bullshit to me. Sounds like catering to a specific playstyle you excel at while setting rules against others sounds petty as hell. The game allows for all kinds of styles of play but to say only one of them is ok is cowardly. That's like calling some one out to 1v1 and telling them they can't use their favorite weapon or playstyle and they have to play to your strength NOT theirs, COME ON NOW.

Edit: Not direct at you but at the notion of a "Competition" of skill with ridiculous rule sets. WTF is the point of a competition without the competition?

He-is-right-you-know.jpg

If I'm being honest sounds like pure bullshit to me. Sounds like catering to a specific playstyle you excel at while setting rules against others sounds petty as hell. The game allows for all kinds of styles of play but to say only one of them is ok cowardly. That's like calling some one out to 1v1 and telling them they can't use their favorite weapon or playstyle and they have to play to your strength NOT theirs, COME ON NOW.
I love all the different options in this game. I have even seen people contribute with the snipers. I don't even get mad at camping in this game because there is always a way to get to them and take them out. Movement is fun and it's great to use it against other players. I haven't experienced the same issues as swol and i play the game quite a bit. I play for fun,however. I can wreck with tone but i haven't even hit gen 2 with her yet because i d don't have fun using her. I prefer every other titan, except legion, and choose them for funfactor over stats padding. Same goes for weapons. This game is all about "space ninjas and giant mechs" and having a blast. I cant rember a shooter i had this much fun with and loved experimenting with all the weaps and perks. I like super competitive games too but i dont expect or necessarily want that from this game. Maybe there is a way to make PvP a super competitive mode with no boosts, no map and higher ttk, or something to make everyone happy... I dunno

E92 M3

I think we should stop trying to get everything nerfed. The game is great and plays extremely well. Nerfing everything to hell is a sure-fire way to make the game boring. Titanfall isn't a game for MLG tryhards nor should it be. If somethings are OP, who cares? Is it fun to play? Is it a power fantasy? Those are the only questions that matter.

Titanfall is supposed to be the antithesis of a dull shooter. I think some guns should be buffed and just let people run wild.

RedFury

I love all the different options in this game. I have even seen people contribute with the snipers. I don't even get mad at camping in this game because there is always a way to get to them and take them out. Movement is fun and it's great to use it against other players. I haven't experienced the same issues as swol and i play the game quite a bit. I play for fun,however. I can wreck with tone but i haven't even hit gen 2 with her yet because i d don't have fun using her. I prefer every other titan, except legion, and choose them for funfactor over stats padding. Same goes for weapons. This game is all about "space ninjas and giant mechs" and having a blast. I cant rember a shooter i had this much fun with and loved experimenting with all the weaps and perks. I like super competitive games too but i dont expect or necessarily want that from this game. Maybe there is a way to make PvP a super competitive mode with no boosts, no map and higher ttk, or something to make everyone happy... I dunno
To be clear it wasn't directed at you but following your point. I agree with everything you just said.

ironcreed

Banned
I think we should stop trying to get everything nerfed. The game is great and plays extremely well. Nerfing everything to hell is a sure-fire way to make the game boring. Titanfall isn't a game for MLG tryhards nor should it be. If somethings are OP, who cares? Is it fun to play? Is it a power fantasy? Those are the only questions that matter.

Titanfall is supposed to be the antithesis of a dull shooter. I think some guns should be buffed and just let people run wild.

Exactly. There needs to be options for everyone, especially those of us who cannot play like we are Spiderman just yet, lol. And that is how the game feels to me, like it is balanced for everyone.

I think you meant to quote swol... You and I share similar thoughts

We have more or less agreed on this since day 1. I even used one of your lines in a post above. Psn is ehjee. Haven't been on in a bit though. Just finished ffxv and picked up TLG

E92 M3

Exactly. There needs to be options for everyone, especially those of us who cannot play like we are Spiderman just yet, lol. And that is how the game feels to me, like it is balanced for everyone.

I'm a man of the people ;)

I think you meant to quote swol... You and I share similar thoughts

We have more or less agreed on this since day 1. I even used one of your lines in a post above. Psn is ehjee. Haven't been on in a bit though. Just finished ffxv and picked up TLG

Sounds good - all add you! I just want this game to be healthy and fun for all!

I hope they unlock the other gens otherwise all of that wasted double xp :(

JJShadow

Guys is there any PS group/community/clan currently active? I'm really excited about getting back to the game starting tomorrow, it would be nice to have a few games with some of you

My PSN is JJShadow77, feel free to add me

Not sure if this have been posted here yet but its pretty big bug
Guess this is why I felt that Ion was so bad since I play at 100-144fps and that shield is gone so fast while I felt like enemies have so much longer shields.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge-LycfkOzU
...really? I should have figured to check for variable framerate issues given the same sort of thing happened in the first game, but I thought Respawn had figured out stuff like this by now.

Guys is there any PS group/community/clan currently active? I'm really excited about getting back to the game starting tomorrow, it would be nice to have a few games with some of you

My PSN is JJShadow77, feel free to add me
Chrono was talking about starting one but no one showed interest

SwolBro

Banned

only that you'll start crying when the meta turns and everyone starts using those specific overpowered options.

The game should be catered to this
fkvUDqkgSwTrW.gif

Not this
NPI41z6ZVzEY0.gif

SwolBro

Banned

because one style of play is a lot harder and inherently more risky than the other. it's far easier to turtle back and not expose yourself, especially with powerful weapons with range.

i'm not saying you shouldn't be able to headglitch with a hemlock and kill people but it should be harder to do so. it should require some decent aim.

80% of the players I encounter do not camp

aren't you on PC? PC plays completely different than your average console match.

deoee

because one style of play is a lot harder and inherently more risky than the other. it's far easier to turtle back and not expose yourself, especially with powerful weapons with range.

i'm not saying you shouldn't be able to headglitch with a hemlock and kill people but it should be harder to do so. it should require some decent aim.

aren't you on PC? PC plays completely different than your average console match.

So do all other modes except PvP it seems (but I agree that the auto-aim (maybe?) on Hemlock and the reload /spin up on Devotion needs adjusting).

Yes I'm on PC but when someone camps despite their weapon of choice you can usually just throw smoke at them, run around them or counter-snipe for one life.

Edit: What is Headglitch?

I kinda hate it... i get what they are trying to do with it but the idea of holding one point amped the entire game bores me to death.

it typically doesn't play out that way though. Once you get a point amped, you should go ahead and go for another one

Have just one point amped won't win the match

I kinda hate it... i get what they are trying to do with it but the idea of holding one point amped the entire game bores me to death.

I don't know why they didn't change this mode back to normal. And it'd be nice having a.i too

Damn shame that CTF is so lowly played by some of you. I mean, just give it a try friends!

Unless you get a map like complex. Just quit that map

Top Bottom