• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

I don't get it, honestly.

Maybe I dig so much as a lifelong Battlefield/Conquest fan

Something that promotes utilization of every part of the map for different avenues of approach, digging in and defending (yeah, I actually love Homestead).
Also teamwork as you typically can't: Capture ever point by yourself, nor can you defend them all

Players that works as a team in Amped Hardpoint will always steamroll the competition

KodaRuss

it typically doesn't play out that way though. Once you get a point amped, you should go ahead and go for another one

Have just one point amped won't win the match

So to get the extra points you have to bring it up to 100%. Do you keep getting the extra points if it dips below 100%?

Me and another gaffer lost an amped hardpoint last night so horribly it was pathetic on homestead. Other team ran at B capped it and setup multiple turrets (there were multiple hemlocks on their team) we couldnt cross the battlefield without getting killed to try to grab C. At the end it was 5 v 0 Titans and the game ended after like 6 mins.

Now that is a rare occurance. I just dont have fun capping points like that in this game, I hate sitting still.

KodaRuss

I don't know why they didn't change this mode back to normal. And it'd be nice having a.i too

Damn shame that CTF is so lowly played by some of you. I mean, just give it a try friends!

Unless you get a map like complex. Just quit that map

I like it better than Amped Hardpoint. Ill get around to it. I love LTS coming from Siege.

I will say I usually hate CTF in most games but it is a pretty solid mode in TF2.

So to get the extra points you have to bring it up to 100%. Do you keep getting the extra points if it dips below 100%?

Me and another gaffer lost an amped hardpoint last night so horribly it was pathetic on homestead. Other team ran at B capped it and setup multiple turrets (there were multiple hemlocks on their team) we couldnt cross the battlefield without getting killed to try to grab C. At the end it was 5 v 0 Titans and the game ended after like 6 mins.

Now that is a rare occurance. I just dont have fun capping points like that in this game, I hate sitting still.

Capping points is sorta of a an added bonus tho

You can just focus on capturing points continuously and suppressing the other team.

KodaRuss

Capping points is sorta of a an added bonus tho

You can just focus on capturing points continuously and suppressing the other team.

From what I have read though. Keeping 1 point Amped is equal to having 2 not amped as far as points. I dont think I agree with that.

I think Titanfall would benefit from Killzone MP playlist where the game mode changes throughout the match. That was incredible and it sad no one else has copied it.

deoee

In Amped Hardpoint you get 250 Points for a cap and 300 points in Defence for amping from 0 to 100%.

I don't really know how kills etc. factor into this tho.

From what I have read though. Keeping 1 point Amped is equal to having 2 not amped as far as points. I dont think I agree with that.

I think Titanfall would benefit from Killzone MP playlist where the game mode changes throughout the match. That was incredible and it said no one else has copied it.
Completely agree!

Also tho, another wondrous thing about Amped Hardpoint is witnessing the language of our people (^_____^)

H7ipWAbDOoQ3S.gif

Then quit playing and stop trying to ruin it for the majority. Carrying people is more fun than sweating every single match.

SBMM IS COMPLETE GARBAGE

I would burn the game if Respawn ever activated it lol.

Good to know your experience is that only one that matters

Let the circle jerk begin!

CupONoodos

Neo Member
Not going to lie, I think Devotion and G2 are worse then Hemlok. Those two weapons are so easy to use it gets boring. I only put 40 minutes with the Devotion and its been my most efficient weapon over my Flatline which I have over 15 hours on. The first time I really used the G2 I also had my best game ever with 47 kills and like 5 deaths it was ridiculous so much so I refuse to use that gun because of how easy it was to use. I never really had a problem with Hemlok though. Even if I were to die to someone from it. I shrug it off and make sure to be careful in the area I died at.

I have the same sentiment with Tone, never thought of her as that great and I can usually beat most Tones with my Ion or Legion. I also don't use Tone cause I think she's boring as hell to play lol.

E92 M3

Good to know your experience is that only one that matters

Let the circle jerk begin!

I'm pretty sure that SBMM is hated by most people. And yes, I do hope we have an anti-SBMM circle jerk. That shit is the antithesis of fun.

Not going to lie, I think Devotion and G2 are worse then Hemlok. Those two weapons are so easy to use it gets boring. I only put 40 minutes with the Devotion and its been my most efficient weapon over my Flatline which I have over 15 hours on. The first time I really used the G2 I also had my best game ever with 47 kills and like 5 deaths it was ridiculous so much so I refuse to use that gun because of how easy it was to use. I never really had a problem with Hemlok though. Even if I were to die to someone from it. I shrug it off and make sure to be careful in the area I died at.

You cannot apply your results to the general population that does not get 47 kills.

We can't have a selfish approach to how the game is balanced.

CupONoodos

Neo Member
You cannot apply your results to the general population that does not get 47 kills.

Not talking about balancing guns or what not just how I feel about them. I could care less if they nerfed or buffed these guns, I just think they're flat out boring to use. I'll be with my Flatline for a long time as its the only gun that I have the most fun with mostly because of how wild it can be firing it.

E92 M3

Not talking about balancing guns or what not just how I feel about them. I could care less if they nerfed or buffed these guns, I just think they're flat out boring to use. I'll be with my Flatline for a long time as its the only gun that I have the most fun with mostly because of how wild it can be firing it.

The flatline is a fun game (use it myself), but some people enjoy the Devotion and G2 - that's what matters. Everyone can express their own tastes.

Ive reached my limit with the lack of SBMM in this game.

Im at the point where Im quitting matches within 2 minutes simply because its so obvious that Ive been tasked once again with herding cats or babysitting the handicapped.

And thats excluding matches Im dropped into mid-way with an over 1000 point difference. Obviously those are immediate quits.

Do you play on PC? What's your Origin name if so? I want to make sure I don't team up with you. Don't want you working too hard or anything.

I also love when a guy runs around and gets 40 kills in a match with 50 total and complains about carrying the team. Most of the time guys like me are about to kill someone and you take it. In those matches I end up with 3 kills, 2 titan kills and 50 points on Attrition while never dying because I'm spending most of my time running around being handicapped. One time I spent 30 seconds just running head first into a wall because I couldn't read my keyboard.

It doesn't have to stay at 100% to get the bonus. When you leave your 2x slowly counts dow. Go do something and come back to top it off before it wears off. You on ps4? Play with me and disallusion sometime :) We play all modes

E92 M3

Kinda like dismissing other peoples experiences and opinions because its something you don't personally enjoy?

Yeah, I will always dismiss SBMM. It will be a travesty for this game. And it's not just me, I am willing to bet I will have a lot of backup on this topic.

Nothing against you personally, but I take a very hard stance on SBMM. I don't want to see one of my all-time favorite shooters ruined. If they want to make a RANKED PLAYLIST, that's fine.

Gator86

Kinda like dismissing other peoples experiences and opinions because its something you don't personally enjoy?

I was going to put together a series of quotes to portray this, but I'll just nod along with this sentiment.

You can't argue that games should be balanced for everyone when you've spent hundreds of posts demanding Respawn not nerf any of the broken shit you've been abusing since the game launched. I'm sure it was nothing but smiles for the other teams in your games as you ran around perma-cloaked killing pilots before hopping into the laughably superior Tone, who Respawn has been forced to nerf every single patch since launch.

KodaRuss

I'm pretty sure that SBMM is hated by most people. And yes, I do hope we have an anti-SBMM circle jerk. That shit is the antithesis of fun.

I disagree. You can see my stats above here. It is great getting top 3 almost every game but it gets a little boring just destroying other teams all the time. Normally in BH, I have to score at least 2500+ for my team to win the game and many times I score 3k+ and we do not win.

I do not think it would be out of the question to see a single playlist that is designated for SBMM. Maybe even have it rotate what game mode the SBMM is once a week. Make it an event each week or something and give out rewards for doing certain things. I believe this will be enough to get others to try it but there will be plenty of people in the other lobbies.

KodaRuss

It doesn't have to stay at 100% to get the bonus. When you leave your 2x slowly counts dow. Go do something and come back to top it off before it wears off. You on ps4? Play with me and disallusion sometime :) We play all modes

Yes, PS4. PSN: Longhornbevo

My playing time is pretty set though. If I do play it is 8pm-10pm Central during the week. Random on weekends but usually late at night.

So it stays at 2x until it trickles down to 0%?

E92 M3

I was going to put together a series of quotes to portray this, but I'll just nod along with this sentiment.

You can't argue that games should be balanced for everyone when you've spent hundreds of posts demanding Respawn not nerf any of the broken shit you've been abusing since the game launched. I'm sure it was nothing but smiles for the other teams in your games as you ran around perma-cloaked killing pilots before hopping into the laughably superior Tone, who Respawn has been forced to nerf every single patch since launch.

I'm still destroying people in Ronin and Tone with cloak and phase shift. Nothing has changed for me except it's not fun using things that feel weaker. And yes, I hate nerfs even for weapons I despise.

You're always so passive aggressive.

A lot of folks on the internet make excuses "oh it's so OP, you only won because of X, Y, and Z." Personal responsibility is a fading trait in today's society were people forward blame. I never had problems with tones or cloaked pilots. Nor do I have any now.

I disagree. You can see my stats above here. It is great getting top 3 almost every game but it gets a little boring just destroying other teams all the time. Normally in BH, I have to score at least 2500+ for my team to win the game and many times I score 3k+ and we do not win.

I do not think it would be out of the question to see a single playlist that is designated for SBMM. Maybe even have it rotate what game mode the SBMM is once a week. Make it an event each week or something and give out rewards for doing certain things. I believe this will be enough to get others to try it but there will be plenty of people in the other lobbies.

I support it for one specific playlist.

Yeah, once a hardpoint is amped, if no pilots are in the area, it will continue to give you 2x points while counting down. Once the yellow bar is completely down, then you still get 1x the points assuming the other team hasn't taken over.

The other benefit of amping a hardpoint is that if the other team wishes to take it over, they have to "unamp" it first before securing, basically requiring two countdowns.

Yes, PS4. PSN: Longhornbevo

My playing time is pretty set though. If I do play it is 8pm-10pm Central during the week. Random on weekends but usually late at night.

Ya. As long as it's yellow and says 2x when it goes white it's not amped. You can make some big comebacks with good team work

Izuna

Banned
Y;all need to understand that having to carry a team is worse if you have SBMM, the number of people who understand the modes is minimal

Tbf, i don't think he is against minor tweaks or buffs just not big nerfs that would make something unusable or render a playstyle useless.

E92 M3

Y;all need to understand that having to carry a team is worse if you have SBMM, the number of people who understand the modes is minimal

Pretty much. I'm already doing a lot of carrying with solo play, but it doesn't bother me because the game is fun to play. Sometimes I will destroy and sometimes I will get destroyed. There is also everything in between. I would never play this game if it meant that every match was a super serious encounter.

Tbf, i don't think he is against minor tweaks or buffs just not big nerfs that would make something unusable or render a playstyle useless.

Exactly - and I made that very clear. Subtle changes are welcome, but nothing that dramatically changes a weapon or playstyle.

Chris1

Add me to the keep SBMM out camp.

Add it to the ranked mode when that gets added? Sure, it makes sense there. But keep it out of standard play.

deoee

SBMM is why Overwatch has the shittiest Matchmaking on earth.
First it takes AGES to find a game if you're with more than 2 people.
Second you get stomped or stomp - nearly 99% of the time there's barely a close match.

FStop7

Banned
Yeah, please do not make TF2 matchmaking like Overwatch. I have little time enough as it is to spend on games, I'm not going to waste it waiting around in lobbies. TF2's fast matchmaking even during off hours is one of the best things about it .

E92 M3

Yeah, please do not make TF2 matchmaking like Overwatch. I have little time enough as it is to spend on games, I'm not going to waste it waiting around in lobbies. TF2's fast matchmaking even during off hours is one of the best things about it .

Yeah, it's glorious getting a match within 10-15 seconds.

Jafku

TF2 does not need SBMM. People need to either practice or accept that they aren't good at the game and will lose some games.

deoee

Man. From 30K during free weekend to 12K.

like I said before:

People don't want to get into a game anymore. They need to be good from minute 1 to enjoy it and Titanfall isn't that. You won't be good from match 1, you need to get good.

It's still a decent number tho, I only wish Pc would finally get more people in (but it's still no problem at all to get into games, just shitty seing a number ~5000)

KodaRuss

Weekends are higher than weekdays. For a Tuesday that is actually quite good compared to past weeks.

It is also like 3pm, no one is out of school or off work yet playing.

Maybe yall can pull off the unthinkable Argonomic and get cross platform play going on PS4 and Xbox 1. (Sorry PC Bros)

Or yall can just get rid of the number all together. No one complains about getting into matches.

like I said before:

People don't want to get into a game anymore. They need to be good from minute 1 to enjoy it and Titanfall isn't that. You won't be good from match 1, you need to get good.

It's still a decent number tho, I only wish Pc would finally get more people in (but it's still no problem at all to get into games, just shitty seing a number ~5000)

Titanfall isn't that complicated

It sure as hell is not as frustrating as cod where you die to a bunch of bullshit, bad spawns, and super low ttk

When I did in cod, I can't help but feel frustrated with spawns and maps. Never feels that way with tf

I don't know why it's not catching on. Maybe the scene has just changed with games like overwatch

jeffc919

Yeah, just a whole separate mode, but I imagine it will be sparsely populated - just look at PVP.

yea, if they wanted to have a separate ranked playlist that incorporates forceful SBMM I have no problem with it. I agree it probably would not work out too well because it would further divide the player base. I imagine this is why ranked play was a setting you turned on/off in TF1 and you still played in the same pool as everyone else.

As far as strong (and invisible to the player) SBMM in the main playlists...no thanks. I would rather they just pull the plug on the servers forever and kill the game. SBMM is the devil. I would like for them to remove whatever slight impact it has on the matchmaking today, not go in the other direction and make it more impactful. Overall, I think the game is in a pretty good place right now. People are quibbling about this gun is OP, we need more/better maps, etc. but the game is more than solid and a lot of fun to play. SBMM would burn it all to the ground.

Top Bottom