• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

jeffc919

Titanfall isn't that complicated
I don't know why it's not catching on. Maybe the scene has just changed with games like overwatch

Players only have so much time to play and there are other new games competing for those finite hours. I keep telling my friends that this game is excellent and they should pick it up, especially after it was discounted, but I get the same answer that they don't have time for yet another game. Even the opportunity to play it for free last weekend fell on deaf ears.

Players only have so much time to play and there are other new games competing for those finite hours. I keep telling my friends that this game is excellent and they should pick it up, especially after it was discounted, but I get the same answer that they don't have time for yet another game. Even the opportunity to play it for free last weekend fell on deaf ears.

They need a much better demo

Give one map like angel city for example. Allow preloading.

SwolBro

Banned
Players only have so much time to play and there are other new games competing for those finite hours. I keep telling my friends that this game is excellent and they should pick it up, especially after it was discounted, but I getting the same answer that they don't have time for yet another game. Even the opportunity to play it for free last weekend fell on deaf ears.

Yeah. Titanfall does require time to get really good at it. Overwatch has a big chunk of players playing even though it's not much of a console shooter it drives a lot of twitch attention because of the PC crowd. Then you have battlefield and COD taking up the other half of the population but even COD has taken a major hit in numbers lately.

As long as Titanfall is pulling in Gears/Halo numbers it's fine, which it is.

deoee

tGgj5Uq.png

I'm coming E92...

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
This game is a lot of fun, it should certainly be popular.

Unrelated, does being in a network give you any sort of quickjoin functionality with other folks? I'm in the GAF one on PS4, and it would be neat if I could easily hop in games with some of you folks and get carried since I am not very good. I've been mostly sticking to Attrition and Bounty games since the NPC trash spawns at least let a bad person feel useful with easy scrub kills.

deoee

Unrelated, does being in a network give you any sort of quickjoin functionality with other folks? I'm in the GAF one on PS4, and it would be neat if I could easily hop in games with some of you folks and get carried since I am not very good. I've been mostly sticking to Attrition and Bounty games since the NPC trash spawns at least let a bad person feel useful with easy scrub kills.

Yep in a network you can invite the whole network and they can join up or you can be invited.
It's really neat

Yes there is. You either invite or get invited by someone in the network. If you're not in a match and a player on the network sends an invite, a pop up will appear for a short amount of time asking you to join.

Yep in a network you can invite the whole network and they can join up or you can be invited.
It's really neat

Agreed. The only thing I don't like about it is that once you party up, you can't invite other people in the network without disbanding the party.

jeffc919

Yeah. Titanfall does require time to get really good at it. Overwatch has a big chunk of players playing even though it's not much of a console shooter it drives a lot of twitch attention because of the PC crowd. Then you have battlefield and COD taking up the other half of the population but even COD has taken a major hit in numbers lately.

As long as Titanfall is pulling in Gears/Halo numbers it's fine, which it is.

I played TF1 for the first time last May and played all summer on X1 with typical player population in the low thousands, and it was one of my favorite MP experiences, so I'm not too worried about TF2. It's good enough that players will tend to stick around for a while and new players will trickle in after picking it up cheap in the months ahead.

dankir

Had my best round ever in MP game ever a few nights ago. Other team didn't know what they were doing but it was still a close match!

Screenshot-Original.png

I took this clip from the same match as well, quickest 6 or 7 kills I've gotten with Ronin.
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/II DINX II/video/24297230

and then I had this match later on, I joined late we actually were leading and lost with about 4 seconds left.
Screenshot-Original.png

Was so dissapointed :(

KodaRuss

Yes there is. You either invite or get invited by someone in the network. If you're not in a match and a player on the network sends an invite, a pop up will appear for a short amount of time asking you to join.

Agreed. The only thing I don't like about it is that once you party up, you can't invite other people in the network without disbanding the party.

It's really neat

Respawn, please give us a chance to invite people from the network after the group has been started. Also, can you make the timer a little bit longer, or even not go away until they are in MM (maybe even minimized after the timer but it is still joinable).

You used to be able to do this before the patch. Dunno why they changed it. I liked grabbing a couple more people in the network to fill out a party of 2-3 people in Discord.

Zemm

crash site, homestead, complex, crash site, crash site

what a way to start the night, I can't wait to play more Titanfall 2! Your game is so fun.

KodaRuss

You used to be able to do this before the patch. Dunno why they changed it. I liked grabbing a couple more people in the network to fill out a party of 2-3 people in Discord.

Maybe even some sort of system to see who is in a group and who is not. That way you could invite stragglers or at least show that there are groups running. I bet this would be hard with some of the huge Networks out there.

dLMN8R

GOD DAMN IT

was playing a game of Bounty Hunt and I was leading my team by far - probably 2x the number of points as the person in second place.

We were only $50 away from winning the game, with our opponent way behind.

In a single round I had banked $500 thanks to destroying a couple enemy titans (including a bounty).

The banks open up....I rush toward them ASAP....and literally 2 seconds before I start banking my $500 for a major win the other guys somehow come ahead and win the game.

KodaRuss

How is this OT already in community when even No Man's Sky is still on gaming side?

No one really knows. We have asked for explanations but we have not gotten one yet one why we moved over here so fast. Meanwhile there are many others over there that have stayed longer than they should.

Anyway, I probably will not have much time to play tonight but I will do my best to play with other gaffers on the network for here on out.

I am always on the NeoGaf network unless I need to do my Happy Hour merits on another network for one game (we tried to make TitanGaf work on PSN but it isnt going to make it).

PSN: Longhornbevo feel free to add me if anyone else wants to group up.

KodaRuss

GOD DAMN IT

was playing a game of Bounty Hunt and I was leading my team by far - probably 2x the number of points as the person in second place.

We were only $50 away from winning the game, with our opponent way behind.

In a single round I had banked $500 thanks to destroying a couple enemy titans (including a bounty).

The banks open up....I rush toward them ASAP....and literally 2 seconds before I start banking my $500 for a major win the other guys somehow come ahead and win the game.

Damn that sucks. I am stressing like crazy when I see both teams have enough cash to win the game before the banks open up on that final round. Just need to scream over the Mic... GET TO THE BANK NOW AND WE WIN!

Started using tone, and god she's really so strong

I was surprised at the shield and the lock on harassment

Still sticking to ion and scorc though

RedFury

Started using tone, and god she's really so strong

I was surprised at the shield and the lock on harassment

Still sticking to ion and scorc though
Yup, they're still my favorites. Two titans that require management of some kind. Scorch's traps, and Ion's energy, they're just fun to play.

Anyone use the Double-take and have success with it?

How is this OT already in community when even No Man's Sky is still on gaming side?

lol never thought of that but now that you mention it there are a few OT's of games that are still in Gaming that have been out way longer than Titanfall 2.

Maybe it's due to activity and how much this is being posted in? Probably didn't want it bumped as one of the top threads after a month of it being out. Not sure.

Zemm

If anything makes me quit the game it's going to be the dogshit maps you keep getting over and over - complex, homestead, crash site, I swear this map has like a 30% chance of coming up and I'm not even exaggerating, it's by far my most played map and it's SHIT. You can go literal days without seeing drydock, angel city, exoplanet or eden.

FStop7

Banned
If anything makes me quit the game it's going to be the dogshit maps you keep getting over and over - complex, homestead, crash site, I swear this map has like a 30% chance of coming up and I'm not even exaggerating, it's by far my most played map and it's SHIT. You can go literal days without seeing drydock, angel city, exoplanet or eden.

Sunday and Monday were verrrry bad about this but yesterday seemed significantly improved.

TF2 does not need SBMM. People need to either practice or accept that they aren't good at the game and will lose some games.

I havent seen anybody complaining about losing, Ive seen people complaining about more than doubling the combined score of the rest of their team combined.

Why is it their job to carry others against parties? Its dumb.

JaMarco

like I said before:

People don't want to get into a game anymore. They need to be good from minute 1 to enjoy it and Titanfall isn't that. You won't be good from match 1, you need to get good.

It's still a decent number tho, I only wish Pc would finally get more people in (but it's still no problem at all to get into games, just shitty seing a number ~5000)
Maybe it just takes a long time to grow a new franchise from a new developer. Even CoD didn't really blow up until the 4th game in the franchise and didn't become a juggernaut until the 6th.

Then quit playing and stop trying to ruin it for the majority. Carrying people is more fun than sweating every single match.

SBMM IS COMPLETE GARBAGE

I would burn the game if Respawn ever activated it lol.

Calm down.

We're allowed to like and want different things for the game.

I already said, in a post after the one you quoted in a fury, that Im not sure SBMM would work for TF2 given its population issues. The game isnt popular enough to support great matchmaking.

That said, there has to be a better solution than crossing your fingers and hoping your teams know which part of the gun the bullets come out of.

Rest assured, neither you or I have significant impact on how Respawn chooses to tweak or update their game.

If I did, every change would be put on hold until the Expedition loadout was put into multiplayer.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I don't get it, honestly.

I didn't get it until I started playing Angel City 24/7. Of course being constantly mobile and active is fun, but I like the slight change of pace AH generates. It's interesting trying to find the safest route from one point to another, and figuring the best way to clear enemies off a point as you approach. I guess amping can potentially be a bore, but if there's a couple of you it doesn't take more than 30secs, and that time can be quite tense if your opponents are up to snuff.

On that note, I wish the Angel playlist included more modes, because I love that map so much and there's barely ever anyone in the exclusive mode playlists! To this day I've not yet played one game of LTS...

Yeah, please do not make TF2 matchmaking like Overwatch. I have little time enough as it is to spend on games, I'm not going to waste it waiting around in lobbies. TF2's fast matchmaking even during off hours is one of the best things about it .

Absolutely. As well as armchair experts sucking all the fun out of OW (both on and offline), the slow matchmaking has put it firmly on the backburner for me. Love how quickly I can fire up T2 and get a match within seconds. Barely have enough time to go check new unlocks and customise between matches!

Argonomic

Maybe it just takes a long time to grow a new franchise from a new developer. Even CoD didn't really blow up until the 4th game in the franchise and didn't become a juggernaut until the 6th.

Call of duty - 2003
Call of duty: finest hour - 2004
Call of duty 2 - 2005
Call of duty 2: big red one - 2005
Call of duty 3 - 2006
Call of duty 4 - 2007

Some would count united offensive.

I don't know, I'm quite good at this game and find it much easier than COD. But for all the right reasons as the flow makes much more sense.

Cod is a shithole of bad spawns and maps.

I think the game just needs to grow. There is no hero to like, the bad guys are incredibly generic, etc

Whoever said that the sci fi fatigue set in is probably right too. Cod ran it to the ground and everybody was just tired of it

Top Bottom