• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

deoee

Btw. I'm sick of Tone...

She's so versatile in every situation and she can escape nearly everything it really makes me hate the players who use her.

EL CUCO

Why is the rate so low? And it shows I can spend 10 in game credits for one ticket.

Why isn't this mode just open like the others? It was super fun the one time I played.

Seriously having this mode be locked out and forcin the players to have tickets is stupid
Can you actually spend credits for Coliseum tickets now? Didn't know that. I've been sitting on about 2,000 credits and not a single ticket. I guess they want to raise the stakes since you level up quickly and get some "unique" rewards from it.

It's definitely a super fun mode. I'd like to see it take on an elimination format similar to what some fighting games do or Trials in Destiny, where if you collect a certain amount of wins in a row, you get a real cool reward.

Join the "NeoGAF", and the "Yea That's a Wipe" network bro!

deoee

I'm on PS4.

I'm sure a skilled player can make a bigger difference. All i'm saying is that I promise no one likes to get destroyed for hours on end hoping to improve. Thats not how you motivate people to play tbh.

I'm sure the same networks are populated on console too.

If you're struggling to kill people, try the SMG or if you want easy kills get the Devotion or Hemlock.
Do not ADS, try to hipfire.
Fuck Tone.
Slow down, try using Stim - for close situations to heal and reposition.
In Bounty Hunt try to concentrate on the AI that drops, try Nuclear Ejecting the Titan Bounty in one chunk for big $$$.
Fuck Tone.
If you need to get better at movement, you can open a private match and practice (it's on the second page of the mode screen).
If you're alone play Attrition to get a hang of the maps and the weapons. It's an easy mode where even the worst players can contribute by shooting ai.
Last but not least: Fuck Tone.

Makikou

I'm sure the same networks are populated on console too.

If you're struggling to kill people, try the SMG or if you want easy kills get the Devotion or Hemlock.
Do not ADS, try to hipfire.
Fuck Tone.
Slow down, try using Stim - for close situations to heal and reposition.
In Bounty Hunt try to concentrate on the AI that drops, try Nuclear Ejecting the Titan Bounty in one chunk for big $$$.
Fuck Tone.

I don't feel like I'm struggling to kill players (3k/d in last 10 games so I must not be awful..)
But I hate to stare at my K/D.

So far I really like the CAR w/ extra ammo, R-201 with extra ammo, quick swap (charge rifle). I have a loadout w/ the Hemlok but it's just not a gun I enjoy using, although I recognize how powerful it is.

RedFury

Yeah but if you're using it like an EVA why not use an EVA?

Feels like every other SMG in the game has a higher TTK too. Perhaps this isn't the case if you land every shot, but that doesn't seem practical, and you sacrifice a lot of versatility for something which doesn't have a clear benefit. If you want to narrow your playstyle down to close-range only, then the EVA is far and away the better option.
Thats what I mean though it's like using the EVA (as in play like you would with it) but don't be afraid to use it at much longer ranges. I'm sure you have a feeling for what range is not even worth bothering with the EVA, that's an engagement that you can take them out in the same amount of time. I'll try to get some video today, just don't know how to post it on here.

Arttemis

Coliseum tickets need to come as extra contents within advocate gifts; we need more of those babies.

Also, I just won a match firing three shots and tossing a grenade. Two direct hits, and one with splash damage followed by a fatal grenade toss. I really wish I had recorded that. The whole match took a total of 10 seconds on the clock.

Man this is not fun at all.

I've played 44 games and won 11. Probably 30 of the losses have been absolute buttrape by experienced players. Enemy team having 3-4 titans all game meanwhile my team can get one which someone then calls and obviously the enemy come and rekt it immediately.

This is so pointless to play this game as a new player. No wonder they struggle to get more.

Its absolutely true that the game needs some kind of SBMM behind the scenes to ease new players in. The amount/impact can decrease inverse to time played up to a point, but Ive bought this game for 3 friends. They all loved the campaign but bounced off mp, because I cant play with them every day, every match.

At some point they figured theyd rather wait for competitive matches in Overwatch than jump immediately into lopsided sodomizations in TitanFall 2.

jeffc919

Damn, so much for the router config fixing my lag spike issues. Just had a brutal round on Angel City with pings over 1000. Seems to happen a lot on that map for me for some reason.

I hate to say it but I think I'm sort of finished with the game. As much as the gameplay is fluid, it's just sort of ran out of steam for me.

I booted it up tonight after getting home from work and realised I'd not played it in nearly a week. It just doesn't seem to have held the same interest as the first one, which is strange, because I played TF1 from launch on the 360, through to the XBO and pretty much up until Overwatch was released.

It doesn't help that I'm finding it more and more frequent that players quit if their team starts losing. Which can be a great way to pick up easy wins if they're not on your side, but on the flip side it's a complete ball ache when it's your team who are quitting.

It also seems that everyone is now running with phase shift over everything else. In my recent games it's fallen to around 80% run with Phase Shift and the rest cloak. That's it. Nothing else. Which is a pity, as when the game first came out I enjoyed facing such a varied amount of players running with different set ups. Now that the game's been out for a little while it seems everyone has sort of cottoned on to what the best guns are without having to put the hours in.

I'll certainly keep it in my collection until the next update, and I hope those that are still enjoying it carry on playing :)

bigJP

dont know if its just me but i prefer using the grapple kit over the rest. just like the added mobility it provides

FStop7

Banned
Man this is not fun at all.

I've played 44 games and won 11. Probably 30 of the losses have been absolute buttrape by experienced players. Enemy team having 3-4 titans all game meanwhile my team can get one which someone then calls and obviously the enemy come and rekt it immediately.

This is so pointless to play this game as a new player. No wonder they struggle to get more.

Join a network like Giant Bomb and do network invites. You will generally get a group of 3 to 6 people together and more often than not they'll be at least competent at the game.

You're right though, nothing is more annoying than getting into a game and seeing people on your team not doing anything. I literally see teammates idling at the spawn point. And TitanFall is especially brutal if the teams are uneven. If it's 6 competent players vs a shorthanded team it's gonna be a massacre.

deoee

I hate to say it but I think I'm sort of finished with the game. As much as the gameplay is fluid, it's just sort of ran out of steam for me.

I booted it up tonight after getting home from work and realised I'd not played it in nearly a week. It just doesn't seem to have held the same interest as the first one, which is strange, because I played TF1 from launch on the 360, through to the XBO and pretty much up until Overwatch was released.

It doesn't help that I'm finding it more and more frequent that players quit if their team starts losing. Which can be a great way to pick up easy wins if they're not on your side, but on the flip side it's a complete ball ache when it's your team who are quitting.

It also seems that everyone is now running with phase shift over everything else. In my recent games it's fallen to around 80% run with Phase Shift and the rest cloak. That's it. Nothing else. Which is a pity, as when the game first came out I enjoyed facing such a varied amount of players running with different set ups. Now that the game's been out for a little while it seems everyone has sort of cottoned on to what the best guns are without having to put the hours in.

I'll certainly keep it in my collection until the next update, and I hope those that are still enjoying it carry on playing :)

I feel the exact opposite.
If I don't play the game for 2 days i start missing it :D
Also theres plenty of variaton on PC - every pack, every Titan and every weapon is uses across the board. I don't feel like there's the "ONE" kit everyone runs.

Izuna

Banned
Damn, Shadowplay did not record my latest Bounty Hunt match...
Was gonna upload it for Junior Cobalt :(

Stop calling me a junior

---

I felt really beat after Uni. Leave at 6, get there by 9, leave at 11, get home at 1... It's really not ideal and I ended up just being tired after the train home.

Hearing that double xp codes don't stack has meant that I don't really care too much about playing this weekend. The game is so dead in the UK, and so much is just unfun with 100ping where Titanfall 1 was fine. Sentries, getting killed in Phase Shift... I just know that this is all I have to look forward to.

Arttemis

Not just you. I feel handicapped without it.

It comes in waves for me. The more I use Grapple, the harder it is to choose another ability, as the ability to zip anywhere is just so enabling. If I play Phase or Holo, though, I have a lot of fun in battle. Mid-combat, it just feels a tad too slow for me to want to stick with it over the awesome ability of invulnerable phase shifts or decoy doubles.

deoee

Stop calling me a junior

---

I felt really beat after Uni. Leave at 6, get there by 9, leave at 11, get home at 1... It's really not ideal and I ended up just being tired after the train home.

Hearing that double xp codes don't stack has meant that I don't really care too much about playing this weekend. The game is so dead in the UK, and so much is just unfun with 100ping where Titanfall 1 was fine. Sentries, getting killed in Phase Shift... I just know that this is all I have to look forward to.

How is it dead in UK when I can find games just fine?
Aren't we in one pool in "Europe"?

Makikou

Join a network like Giant Bomb and do network invites. You will generally get a group of 3 to 6 people together and more often than not they'll be at least competent at the game.

You're right though, nothing is more annoying than getting into a game and seeing people on your team not doing anything. I literally see teammates idling at the spawn point. And TitanFall is especially brutal if the teams are uneven. If it's 6 competent players vs a shorthanded team it's gonna be a massacre.

Doing that for last 4 rounds now. No one joined until the 4th.

The 4th match was Attrition @ Complex. Ended 475 to 143. I topped the fucking score with 35.

Fun game guys, really balanced MM <3

SwolBro

Banned
Lets make something clear here for everyone, especially the people new to Titanfall that didn't play the first.

The 40 was probably the most popular gun in the original Titanfall. It may not have been the most used since most new players immediately went chaingun but it was definitely the most popular amongst the normal player base that stuck around. It was also by far the most used gun by hardcore players both in LTS and CTF.

I totally understand Respawns thinking when it came to Tone. However, the issue here is that where as before you could run an atlas 40, stryder 40 or ogre 40 with variations in load outs like particle wall or vortex shield, salvo or cluster or slave, etc etc here you are locked in. Making the titans "heros" is what is causing the grievances with Tone. No one bitched before that everyone was running a 40 because of the variety in load outs and titan builds running it.

As for Northstar with it's plasma railgun was never going to be an attrition/ctf/bounty hunt dominate titan. The railgun in TF1 was only used heavily in LTS and no where else. The other hero titans definitely fit specific roles and aren't all suited for certain play stytles or situations as well. i do think a few more tweaks is all that's needed but i don't think anyone should be expecting to run a titan like Northstar in anything but LTS.

Am I saying something weird when I say the netcode in this game is balls? I get shot behind cover, shot when phase shifted, lagspikes all the time and I keep hearing hitsounds without doing damage. Not to mention all the times stuff like melee and executions don't work. It's all so inconsistent.
I never have any issues unless i'm jumping servers to another coast.

The R-97 is still not a good weapon.
I tried it, not a fan.

Whatever I don't like is OP and needs to be nerfed immediately WTF Respawn

Whatever I like is UP and needs to be buffed immediately WTF Respawn
Don't be silly.

Volt feels great. What was better about it before? Right now I cant tell the difference between Volt and Car.

I think Pilot Sentry is okay where it is. Maybe use cloak to get behind it? I notice a popular trick is to camp it out with the turret. Maybe it should also be vulnerable to things like Electric Smoke.

I think I agree with Hemlock, in so far as it feels very accurate at long range, with the default scope. I should be forced to use a bigger scope if I want to nail people on Homestead, but I seem to do fine with the default optics, likely because of the aim assist.

I am not sure I want to see player glow reduced. I think it would make camping in dark areas much more viable. right now, I am able to quickly notice glowing enemies who are stationary. In modes with A.I, it helps that they stick out too. I think making them blend in with AI and dark corners would hurt the game. Actually, tying it to your movement sounds kind of neat.

Volt doesn't feel great. Whatever they did ruined it for me.

Pilot sentries aren't ok. Not in PVP and CTF at least. Going up against people that stack sentries is a pain in the ass and totally kills mobility in these modes. Yes, i can go phase shift and start taking them out but what's the fun in that? In a recent match i spent half the time phase shifting to take out turrets for my teammates. Thanks but no thanks.

Not my experience at all. most matches people don't quit, at least not more than 2 and i see a wide variety of pilot load outs.

I probably still see cloak/grapple the most followed by stim, phase shift, a-wall and the occasional holo pilot (rarely).

SwolBro

Banned
Speaking of phase shift

When you try to play it off as one of the guys and they don't bite.
4KcEzfU4u6bWo.gif

deoee

Speaking of phase shift

When you try to play it off as one of the guys and they don't bite.
4KcEzfU4u6bWo.gif

I loved the Alternator when the game came out but now I can't get back to it and I don't know why that is.

It feels like it's only decent in rooms while it was fairly god at mid-range too :/

SwolBro

Banned
I loved the Alternator when the game came out but now I can't get back to it and I don't know why that is.

It feels like it's only decent in rooms while it was fairly god at mid-range too :/

yeah, it did take a hit in the mid-range. still really fun to use but you gotta put in work.

a ctf stim+alternator only playlist would be wonderful.

Phase shift and stim are great but they really feel too good

I hope they find ways to buff the other abilities because phase and stim feel like crutches to me now

Meccs

As much fun as this game is, it doesn't hold my attention for long. Regardless of mode, it pretty much all feels the same imo. But it's nice if you have an hour to kill or so.

Also pretty much everyone is using Tone now lol

Izuna

Banned
As much fun as this game is, it doesn't hold my attention for long. Regardless of mode, it pretty much all feels the same imo. But it's nice if you have an hour to kill or so.

It's really the maps...

If I have to play on Exoplanet one more time I swear.

deoee

uh, no. now you're going overboard. relax.

anyways, saw this on reddit. this had me chuckling

When you walk into a match with Devotion
http://i.imgur.com/u7pvrgq.gifv

a52.gif

Oh yeah I really hope they improve the map choice algorithm soon.

The moment to moment action is so good, I can play match after match.
Only thing that makes me quit are a few shite matches in a row tbh. Like getting dominated by Tones or just being outplayed constantly :D

Only other FPS that was like this is Rainbow 6 imo.

SwolBro

Banned

so what FPS doesn't feel the same to you?

if you say overwatch....

Meccs

It's really the maps...

Maybe but I'm in no way a CoD fan and only played BO2 and the first Scifi one and both are way worse than TF1 and TF2 but they have a higher addictivity for me at least. TF is lacking the "one more round" factor somehow. I'm not feeling it and I hate it because it's a way better game than crappy CoD :(

so what FPS doesn't feel the same to you?

if you say overwatch....
Nah, but I also play BF1 and I can play it for 4+ hours and don't notice it. I'm still l glad that I bought TF2 though. I'm having fun but maybe just for an hour a day.

SwolBro

Banned
Nah, but I also play BF1 and I can play it for 4+ hours and don't notice it. I'm still l glad that I bought TF2 though. I'm having fun but maybe just for an hour a day.

yeah, two totally different games. i last about two rounds in a battlefield game before saying ok fuck this.

deoee

It's really the maps...

Regarding the video... somehow my sound was fucked, exporting again.
Also I noticed, I had a stream running in the background for the first 2 minutes or so - OOPS D:

Oh god..

Bf1 was very very addicting for the first ~60h I played it.
Then Tf2 came out and every death felt like bullshit + it's so team dependent that most of the time I'm just frustrated about how stupid people are in this game.
UGH

Alx

The new Northstar ability that highlights everybody on the field is great, you can easily spot campers from across the map and even see through some smoke. Very effective. :)

Ishmae1

I think the one thing I'd love in this game is an asymmetrical game mode, similar to Rush or now Operations in the BF series. Something that pushes teamwork and rewards on objectives and strategy over just kill scoring variants on pilots / bots.

Izuna

Banned
Fuck playing against a 5 stack every 5th or so game because it's about time I deserve to lose...

Anyway I have a gif coming soon which will show you that Nuclear on a Bounty Titan (even if you get Goosed) is still worth it...

--

181 playing in London region. Welp, that's all for today I guess.

Top Bottom