• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

grmlin

Anyone knows a trustworthy keyshop that supports Amazon Pay? I still have a coupon waiting there for me, but the origin price is way too high, especially compared to the physical game that's 13€ less :(

I've been giving it some thought about how to add some flavor into the boss fights.

Tone: Focus on avoiding Boss lock-on, give lots of cover in the arena and make it a game of cat and mouse. Will launch Salvo Core if fully locked.

Ion: Arena full of trip wire mines, Boss will launch several at once all over the area. Pilot can steal battery to prevent Boss from laying more mines. Boss would replenish batteries at intervals.

Scorch: Flammable gas being release into the arena, Boss' Firewalls would last throughout the fight if it hits those gas area. The longer the fight goes on, the less safe space there is.

Ronin: Fights both Ronin and it's Pilot. Boss Pilot would try to rodeo BT to steal his battery. A 2v2 match. Stealing Boss Ronin's battery would prevent him from using Sword Core.

Northstar: Acquire a unique Flight Core to engage in an aerial dogfight. Unique Flight controls implemented for this fight.

Legion: Can switch between all other Titan loadout on the fly like BT. "We are legion for we are many". Boss Pilot occasionally disembark to fight as well.

Anything is better than adds.

Rizzi

There are 407 Australians playing the game right on PS4 right now. At 8:30pm on a Saturday. Great release strategy EA.

This has only just been released though, I'm sure it will increase.

Unfortunately, game sales are at their peak around the first week or two. Unless R2 is an exception, it's not going to improve too much.

EA shot themselves in the foot. It was an incredibly stupid move, releasing the game between two of the year's biggest titles, and I'm sure they learned from it, but I'm extremely annoyed that the game they had to experiment with was Titanfall 2.

Kanyon

Thought I'd give this a try on a whim, since it was getting some positive buzz... I am really enjoying the game! I'm not normally into shooters like this, as I was mainly a BF4 Stan but I'm slowly learning the mechanics and really enjoying the game.

Beasting in a Titan is ridiculous fun, and the wall running aspect really changes the dynamic. I can see myself playing this for a while once I learn the maps, as well as getting my loadout perfectly suited to my play Style.

//DEVIL//

Man Titan fall one was the best game I have ever played this generation and was the sole reason I bought an Xbox one

When I played the tech test I was really sad how bad it was mainly because it was very slow

But holy fuck it's back to its fast paced and omg it's so amazing . I put like 3 hours non stop on multiplayer only and this is my game of the generation so far for me . The online multiplayer is amazing amazing amazing. The feel of the gun and the bullets. It's like cod modern warfare 1 and 2 but even better . I was so hesitate to buy this online but omg thank God I didn't buy it retail . Because this game isn't leaving my ps4

These guys are fucking amazing

fuenf

Well if we weren't already sure this released at the wrong time, there is only 15k people online right now on ps4! 1/10! of battlefield 1 :( this saddens me greatly

I doubt it will improve the game itself is great but the lack of stats and lobbies really dampens the experience :(

FeD.nL

A-Wall + Double Take + Tactikill = sogood.gif

People just seem to switch off when I drop the shield and start shooting it with me lining up the empowered shots.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
didn't understand this at first
but then I got to the level with the moving platforms. so good
I don't think you've seen anything yet lol. The campaign keeps delivering surprises.
lol indeed.

I said it before, but I hope the game ends ups like Rainbow 6 siege. Slow start, but good word of mouth and support helping it build a healthy community.
I'm hoping the Network thing makes it easier for communities to stay active. TitanGAF on PS4 seems really small though, but if there's a core group who play then hopefully finding groups and games won't be hard.

If nothing else, Attrition will have a few thousand people who will keep playing it, if TF1 is any indicaiton.

Beat the campaign earlier, absolutely incredible. Short but so sweet. Honestly I would pay good money for more singleplayer content. I didn't expect to enjoy the campaign nearly as much as I did. As for the multiplayer, I started playing a few hours ago and is it normal to feel like I suck but consistently come out on the top of the scoreboard? For some reason I constantly feel like I'm getting shat on, but at the end of the game I always end up doing pretty good.

Victrix

*beard*
The UX, party, and matchmaking/game size issues are utterly baffling in the face of the deeply satisfying and polished core gameplay.

black070

You bastards made me cave - I was trying to hold out on the campaign until the Pro arrives, but I just couldn't resist after seeing so much praise thrown at it.

4 chapters in, and I am seriously considering this to be the best first person shooter campaign of this gen.

SkylineRKR

I can't go back to BF1 I'm afraid. This game is more addicting and has better gameplay.

Titanfall 2 is the shooter of the year. If it tanks, Respawn is not to blame at all. This game reviews better than BF1 IIRC.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
The Networks and it showing numbers might be backfiring it seems, no? It shows how many people are in each Data Center, right? Some might think it's indicative of how many people are online entirely.

Maybe Respawn should just lump Data Centers or player count to show how many are in total? And yeah, if there's not enough players in game mode X in that particular Data Center, then get some or migrate to another? I know Call of Duty does this since I usually play games with non-region players from time to time.

Either that, or go the Battlefield route and employ server browsers.

Beat the campaign earlier, absolutely incredible. Short but so sweet. Honestly I would pay good money for more singleplayer content. I didn't expect to enjoy the campaign nearly as much as I did. As for the multiplayer, I started playing a few hours ago and is it normal to feel like I suck but consistently come out on the top of the scoreboard? For some reason I constantly feel like I'm getting shat on, but at the end of the game I always end up doing pretty good.

I think it's because it ranks you based on how well you did collectively (score/points) rather than how many Pilots or Titans you've killed. You can kill three Pilots. a Titan and still come out on top in Attrition due to killing a lot of minions. Better this way rather than everyone trying to get kills.

Chris1

The Networks and it showing numbers might be backfiring it seems, no? It shows how many people are in each Data Center, right? Some might think it's indicative of how many people are online entirely.

Maybe Respawn should just lump Data Centers or player count to show how many are in total? And yeah, if there's not enough players in game mode X in that particular Data Center, then get some or migrate to another? I know Call of Duty does this since I usually play games with non-region players from time to time.

Either that, or go the Battlefield route and employ server browsers.

I think it's because it ranks you based on how well you did collectively (score/points) rather than how many Pilots or Titans you've killed. You can kill three Pilots. a Titan and still come out on top in Attrition due to killing a lot of minions. Better this way rather than everyone trying to get kills.
Pretty sure those numbers are total, not data centre. I changed my data centre to a random one near the bottom and it said the same amount.

For the first time since Alien Trilogy a first person shooter is my game of the year and I've not even finished the campaign yet.

Amazing job Respawn!

So this game really was sent to die, huh? I wanna play capture the flag and it's saying there's zero players in my region. I hope word of mouth gives it a second chance, it really deserves it.

zonezeus

Man, I don't like this MP at all. TTK is stupidly short, maps are hit or miss and have an insane amount of clutter that mess up the wallrunning flow, weapons feel samey so far, matchmaking is not impressive either, most games are either stomp or be stomped for me. For anyone on the fence because of the MP: if you're still enjoying those twitch, low TTK shooters - this is pretty much the COD formula perfected. If you don't like them, or are bored with them like I am, you'll be most probably just wasting your money. Like I did.

zou

hm, a dev mentioned during the test that there would be an option to adjust sensitivity for ads, but I'm not seeing it? was it removed from the game?

moerser

bit the bullet yesterday and grabbed the pc version. i liked the first one but it lost me due to other games at that time. but man, titanfall 2 is sooooo good. i mean, the sp is really good, although a little short. the mp is fantastic. i currently have way more fun with it than bf1.

Haines

Banned
Man, I don't like this MP at all. TTK is stupidly short, maps are hit or miss and have an insane amount of clutter that mess up the wallrunning flow, weapons feel samey so far, matchmaking is not impressive either, most games are either stomp or be stomped for me. For anyone on the fence because of the MP: if you're still enjoying those twitch, low TTK shooters - this is pretty much the COD formula perfected. If you don't like them, or are bored with them like I am, you'll be most probably just wasting your money. Like I did.

I'm going to be frank.

Isn't such an analysis a little early when the game has so many Unlocks?

Either way I'm not bored of the code formula cuz I don't play that crap. This has titans. Very different to me.

It has to do with the way they track reviews. Not many places do PC specific reviews anyway. As it stands the PS4 version has 22 reviews, the XBO version has 10 reviews, and the PC version has 5. At low numbers a single review can skew the average by a ton so it's not really informative.

Yeah I guess so, I was just thinking that perhaps the slower pacing as compared to the first game may have harmed the perception on PC more so than console because of the mouse and keyboard was more accustomed to that faster pacing.

But of course you're right, there are only a small number of reviews on the PC version so each one influences the average very significantly.

I'm surprised they are separated honestly. I thought most publications just review one version of a game and then push that review out for all platforms, especially for the two consoles at least.

zonezeus

I'm going to be frank.

Isn't such an analysis a little early when the game has so many Unlocks?

Either way I'm not bored of the code formula cuz I don't play that crap. This has titans. Very different to me.

Notice the "so far" when I'm talking about weapons, so this clearly refers to the starting weapons and a first few unlocks.

If you enjoy the game, then more power to you. I don't and I know there are people like me who are burned on the twitch shooters formula and might be thinking that Titanfall 2 is somewhat different enough to warrant a purchase. In my opinion it's not.

kpaadet

Man, really don't wanna play a FPS with a controller but also afraid the PC community will die very fast. Guess I'll wait for a discount and just buy it for the campaign.

EvB

Man, really don't wanna play a FPS with a controller but also afraid the PC community will die very fast. Guess I'll wait for a discount and just buy it for the campaign.

Part of the problem.
Take a stand, add to the population, Be a hero!

Amazon was late again on the delivery, so I went ahead and downloaded it last night. I wonder how many more were affected. This is the third time they have missed a release date in a few months.

joebruin

Just stopped after beating the first boss. Campaign has been kind of boring so far. Seeing as how I read the campaign is short, how much is left? Does it ramp up at some point?

Doesn't seem to be much in the way of plot so far? Maybe I came into this with the wrong expectations which I guess is my own fault. Not really anything in the way of setpieces so far. Just wall running traversal mixed in with your standard shooting.

Xater

On some level this is more helpful to me than other impressions. I am still on the fence considering I am enjoying BF1 a lot right now. Them making Titans weaker didn't sit right with me and I played enough twitch shooters last year with my BLOPS3 purchase.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
What region?
Im thinking to get this but every second comment i read is "mp is so good" and "cant find matches"

Bit of a hyperbole (staring at matchmaking comment), I think. Worst case, just change Data Centers.

There's about 11-12K players online on PS4 now. I think that's worldwide. Some on my friends list are playing the SP. I don't think it's that bad. It was 30K+ yesterday on PS4 yesterday, right? Definitely OK numbers. Not every game can or will hit BF and CoD numbers -- especially a relatively new IP.

On another note, I think I kinda prefer Bounty Hunt now than Attrition. Will play more later, but it's more action packed. Thoughts? Or is it just me?

Poster#1

Just stopped after beating the first boss. Campaign has been kind of boring so far. Seeing as how I read the campaign is short, how much is left? Does it ramp up at some point?

Doesn't seem to be much in the way of plot so far? Maybe I came into this with the wrong expectations which I guess is my own fault. Not really anything in the way of setpieces so far. Just wall running traversal mixed in with your standard shooting.

The game really picks up after the first boss.

Top Bottom