• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

KodaRuss

So what's GAF's game mode of choice so far? I'm still loving hardpoint. For some reason Attrition isn't grabbing me like it did in TF1.

Also, has anyone made good use of Scorch yet? I haven't figured out how to use it effectively yet.

Only played Attrition and Bounty Hunt so far and I love Bounty Hunt.

Corpekata

Banned
Wait what how is it dead? At least 11k players online and it's easy to find a game

I've been finding matches literally instantly. What's with all these posts?

He is presumably referring to the person that can't find CTF matches.

But yeah, there's a lot of people on PC (a little less than some of the figures people are reporting for PS4), but nobody seems to be playing a few modes already.

Bumhead

Banned
Having an absolute blast with the game.

Felt the same way about the original but, it's one of those multiplayer games that just always feels fun. It's an absolute blast every time you boot it up.

Attrition does feel "off" but not so much that I won't play it. That was my default mode in the first game. It won't be this time but I'll still visit it.

LOVE the Networks feature. It's nice to be able to have a constant source of likeminded people to just hop into games with, and it's nice that the game facilitates that to a degree.

On the subject of player numbers, no problems here on Xbox One from the UK. Played games of Attrition, Amped Hardpoint, Bounty Hunter and Free For All. The latter was the least populated with about 89 players in, but I was still in a game within a minute.

Mupod

So what's GAF's game mode of choice so far? I'm still loving hardpoint. For some reason Attrition isn't grabbing me like it did in TF1.

Also, has anyone made good use of Scorch yet? I haven't figured out how to use it effectively yet.

I've been sticking with Attrition. I wanted to get one more game in last night and got invited to a TitanGAF group who did Bounty Hunt. I had no idea how the rules worked, ended up with the most kills and by far the least points.

pEjnnil9lLrUc.gif

Zurick

Banned
What do you mean by lifeless and are you talking single player or multiplayer?

MP. I keep trying to play it, but the maps feel bland and the action feels limited. I was really wanting to like this. Got it on pc and x1 but I just find it to be pretty dull and empty so far.

Hugstable

Banned
How's the population on XB1 so far? Would get it on PC but worried about the community going really fast (which happened with TF1 PC when I was playing :(.) I would get it on PS4, but I just recently bought an Elite controller for my Xbox 1 so I've been wanting to put that to use (and give my xbox some much needed gaming time). I don't care if it's super populated or anything, but just populated enough to where it's easy to find games between the different modes and stuff.

zsynqx

Any thoughts on where Respawn might go with the campaign after this? Surely they know that people have recognized and appreciated the effort put into it and want more? Will they wait until Titanfall 3 to push out another campaign? Or will there be an expansion campaign as DLC sooner? I mean...

(Full campaign spoilers)

We know BT is still alive somewhere in time, Blisk is still alive and obviously doesn't think of Cooper as a real threat yet, the Ark may or may not have been destroyed but we still don't know who created it or why, so that leaves a lot of room for a bigger and badder continuation.

Not to mention, the one thing I was surprised the campaign never did was Pilot vs Titan stuff. There's no rodeo gameplay at all. The one moment where you get to shoot Viper in the cockpit was great, but it would be nice to see tactical stuff like that. I also want bosses which aren't Titans but giant mechs or monsters with multiple parts, weakspots, etc. Pilot bosses which be neat too. I was actually expecting that with Ash after she brought me up to the dome.

I really want more....

I doubt we'll get SP dlc, will probably have to wait for Titanfall 3.

I think from a gameplay perspective they will double down on the more portal esque elements, they were the highlights of the campaign for many people. Personally, I'm hoping they find ways to introduce other MP only mechanics into the campaign, such as the grappling hook and stim boost. They could design some very cool puzzle/platforming scenarios around these mechanics. I agree that it would be great to have some
pilot vs titan combat
as well, that was sorely missing in this campaign.

Narratively speaking, I have no idea where they'll take it. I actually found the relationship between Jack and BT way more interesting than anything to do with the war or the different factions.

I'm having an absolute blast with this. It's a great "oh shit, did that just happen?" multiplayer game. I know we have a lot of doomsayers, but i'm hoping it can maintain a decent player base because I can see myself getting a lot of hours out of this. I haven't been this hooked on a multiplayer shooter since MW2.

Q8D3vil

Every game dev should take notes from overwatch map design.

My framerate in mp is so damn bad and stuttering like crazy (1440p with old titan x) :/
gonna stick to sp and finish it for now.

I'm having an absolute blast with this. It's a great "oh shit, did that just happen?" multiplayer game. I know we have a lot of doomsayers, but i'm hoping it can maintain a decent player base because I can see myself getting a lot of hours out of this. I haven't been this hooked on a multiplayer shooter since MW2.

Same, easy my best purchase this generation.

How's the population on XB1 so far? Would get it on PC but worried about the community going really fast (which happened with TF1 PC when I was playing :(.) I would get it on PS4, but I just recently bought an Elite controller for my Xbox 1 so I've been wanting to put that to use (and give my xbox some much needed gaming time). I don't care if it's super populated or anything, but just populated enough to where it's easy to find games between the different modes and stuff.

XB1 is most popular. PC is lowest.

taoofjord

What's with the doom and gloom? Is there anything to worry about beyond the positionIng of the release date? If TF2 doesn't get the fanbase it deserves (like its predecessor) that'll be really sad. Respawn and the series deserves success.

JJShadow

Having a blast with the MP, played some Bounty Hunt games this morning and I love it, and I'm much better in this than I expected, managet to get the highest score/number or kills in most of the games. I'm not having any trouble with the matchmaking, it's almost instant (UK)

What's with the doom and gloom? Is there anything to worry about beyond the positionIng of the release date? If TF2 doesn't get the fan base it deserves (like its predecessor) that'll be really sad. Respawn and the series deserves success.

My hope is that people had a wait and see mentality with this game because of how quickly the player base fell off with the first one. The reviews have been overwhelmingly positive, and I personally have had no issues finding games on PS4.

I think people are just eager to see this game fail, as can be noted by the 5 threads that have popped up about EA's stock forecast being downgraded because of projected Titanfall 2 sales.

Any thoughts on where Respawn might go with the campaign after this? Surely they know that people have recognized and appreciated the effort put into it and want more? Will they wait until Titanfall 3 to push out another campaign? Or will there be an expansion campaign as DLC sooner? I mean...

(Full campaign spoilers)

We know BT is still alive somewhere in time, Blisk is still alive and obviously doesn't think of Cooper as a real threat yet, the Ark may or may not have been destroyed but we still don't know who created it or why, so that leaves a lot of room for a bigger and badder continuation.

Not to mention, the one thing I was surprised the campaign never did was Pilot vs Titan stuff. There's no rodeo gameplay at all. The one moment where you get to shoot Viper in the cockpit was great, but it would be nice to see tactical stuff like that. I also want bosses which aren't Titans but giant mechs or monsters with multiple parts, weakspots, etc. Pilot bosses which be neat too. I was actually expecting that with Ash after she brought me up to the dome.

I really want more....

I was
sad in the end, but i saw the after credit scene. BT maybe? I hate cliffhangers. :D

wamberz1

Yeah I think something is going on with the pc servers right now. Last night I tried playing and got this:

Tried playing attrition - 0 players in your region. huh, that's weird... guess pc really is dead.

Thirty minutes later, tried again - 96 people online. Cool, now I can find a game.

after that game I try looking for another one, it tells me there is 15000 people online.

Chris1

MP. I keep trying to play it, but the maps feel bland and the action feels limited. I was really wanting to like this. Got it on pc and x1 but I just find it to be pretty dull and empty so far.
I assume you played the first one. The bots aren't the same in 2. In 1 they made the maps feel alive and I think the little introductions at the start added a lot too, it made you feel like you were being dropped into a battle that's been going on for a while.

I find it hard to explain but titanfall 1 did a better job at making it feel like there's a huge battle going on. Titanfall 2 just kinda feels like the start of a battle and never really takes off before it ends.

I just hope this was a design choice and hopefully will come back for titanfall 3 and not a limitation to not using solely azure any more.

SwolBro

Banned
Yeah I think something is going on with the pc servers right now. Last night I tried playing and got this:

Tried playing attrition - 0 players in your region. huh, that's weird... guess pc really is dead.

Thirty minutes later, tried again - 96 people online. Cool, now I can find a game.

after that game I try looking for another one, it tells me there is 15000 people online.

this happened with the original game at times as well. it's simply a server error or something.

JaMarco

I really hate the Pilot looks are connected to the Pilot ability you choose in MP. I want to use cloak without being some fat overweight guy or use stim without being a dumb robot :/

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
So the campaign is really great so far, even though the boss battles are too easy even on Hard difficulty. The platforming section in the level where you have to activate that comms beacon was perfectly done, and the overall level design is great.

I just started Trial By Fire, and now I want first person titanfalls in MP.

GravyButt

Really not finding a main weapon I enjoy so far. Not sure why. Basically just been defaulting back to the default assault rifle. Maybe its because ive been playing so much bf1and its throwing everything off?!

SwolBro

Banned
I really hate the Pilot looks are connected to the Pilot ability you choose in MP. I want to use cloak without being some fat overweight guy or use stim without being a dumb robot :/
whaaat. the stim robot looks cool as shit. the best looking pilot is the grapple pilot now though
Seriously you need to be a rocket scientist to figure out how Bounty Hunt works

huh? what don't you understand?

Chris1

They are doing Variety no favors by putting it on the second tab. I just barely figured out there WAS a second tab.
Pretty much. Said the same thing when the screen shots of modes released. everything should be all on one page I think. Same is kinda true for camos too.

hollomat

Banned
How is the PC population? I bought it on Xbox one, but I'm really not liking playing with a controller. I also play 90% of the time through Xbox remote play which is a much bigger issue for this game than I anticipated.

I'm considering buying a PC copy, but want to make sure the PC population is there.

Rizzi

How is the PC population? I bought it on Xbox one, but I'm really not liking playing with a controller. I also play 90% of the time through Xbox remote play which is a much bigger issue for this game than I anticipated.

I'm considering buying a PC copy, but want to make sure the PC population is there.

PC has the lowest population.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Game feels pretty lifeless to me. Anyone else feeling that?

Game is definitely not lifeless. But the map design compared to the original seems larger in terms of scale to accommodate the titans.

The first game had a lot of maps that were smaller so it always feel frantic, that design seems to be toned back.

It's an adjustment for people like myself that played the hell out of the first game.

Well its not same in EU then I guess, asked friend and he said he had no problems finding matches any time of day.

Try finding something in CTF, LTS, 8v8, or any mode that isnt the default.

Uploading to bank

What is being picked as a bounty

What the waves are

Two phases. Phase 1, kill enemies for money. Different enemies have different values (bounties).

Keep killing to collect more and more money. Dying cuts your collected money.

Phase 2: Bank opens. Rush to bank to deposit money to score.

Repeat.

Every time you repeat, it's a different wave of more valuable A.I to kill, and they have bigger bounties. Some are special, like A.I controlled Titans.

Corpekata

Banned

Numbers are alright but some modes are already barren at non prime time. Seems like everyone's playing Bounty Hunt, Attrition, and Hardpoints mainly.

Disclaimer: Have only played at non peak hours so far, I have a weird sleep schedule.

hollomat

Banned
PC has the lowest population.

I know. Was just wondering how low or if there's somewhere I could see the actual player count. It had terrible legs on PC with the first game and I feel it's going to have even worse legs this time based on its release date.

12k right now. You can find matches easily. Just dont pick the unpopular data centers

Top Bottom