• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Mechazawa

mastiff2kjub1.gif

mastiffauto1qu0f.png

shotgun8vu6l.png

🤔

Shaukdotdj

Who the hell came up with this 33 second trophy? Best run I've had was 35 seconds after throwing myself at it for 2 hrs. Last one I need for the platinum too v.v

Ennosuke

Joined the GAF community on Xbox One.

The game is fantastic! The movement is superior. And it never gets boring, because playing with Titan and Pilot always offer something fresh.
No idea how someone can chose CoD over this.

duckroll

Just stopped after beating the first boss. Campaign has been kind of boring so far. Seeing as how I read the campaign is short, how much is left? Does it ramp up at some point?

Doesn't seem to be much in the way of plot so far? Maybe I came into this with the wrong expectations which I guess is my own fault. Not really anything in the way of setpieces so far. Just wall running traversal mixed in with your standard shooting.

The campaign has a shitload of variety. The first chapters leading to the first boss are the most traditional ones which introduce you to the Titanfall mechanics while making use of them for fun but simple levels. I would say those early levels probably have the most in common with the original Halo. After that it starts to deviate more. There's more Mirror's Edge style platforming, there are fun gimmicks ahead that will remind people of Portal and Half Life 2, there's even puzzle solving.

In terms of plot, it really only starts to pick up after the second boss. It ended up being more interesting than I though too, but there isn't like a shitload to it. In terms of setpieces, the only real setpieces if you mean cinematic style stuff in the environment, are towards the end of the game. The last few chapters are pure CoD, but the best thing about it is how it feels like a journey towards that, rather than a bombardment of setpieces for the sake of being EPIC AWESOME or whatever.

Has a single person on PC managed to find a game of FFA or CTF? Still nothing for me and I've hopped data centers enough to bring my ping up to ~100ms at times.

rdytoroll

Multiplayer itself is awesome. Player count is only around 13000 in Europe/Xbox One. In the Variety Playlist there are only 400 players. Kinda weird so shortly after launch

S1kkZ

this is the best shooter campaign i played this year. doom was amazing but the fact that tf2 has zero filler and perfect pacing, make it just a tiny bit better.

fantastic set pieces, great levels...everything just feels right.

the lenght is no problem to me, since there is zero fat to pad out the game.

SkylineRKR

Bit of a hyperbole (staring at matchmaking comment), I think. Worst case, just change Data Centers.

There's about 11-12K players online on PS4 now. I think that's worldwide. Some on my friends list are playing the SP. I don't think it's that bad. It was 30K+ yesterday on PS4 yesterday, right? Definitely OK numbers. Not every game can or will hit BF and CoD numbers -- especially a relatively new IP.

On another note, I think I kinda prefer Bounty Hunt now than Attrition. Will play more later, but it's more action packed. Thoughts? Or is it just me?

I have over 20k people online right now on PS4.

Later today we should see some higher MP numbers as many of us are still in the campaign. Usually I skip campaingns like in BF but Titanfall is amazing.

I really wanted this for CTF, but it seems CTF isnt even played. Im really sorry that this game got fucked by EA because it clearly deserves better.

They should cut out a lot of playlists, and include a Moshpit mode with multiple modes.

This is what it looks like to find a match here.
http://imgur.com/a/FIGXn

Had no problem all day yesterday finding matches. Game hopefully will only grow with high review scores and word of mouth. A lot of my friends have asked me if I'm getting Gears 4 or COD:IW....

I said wrong, getting TF2, and most of them seem to be swayed towards buying it now too. (Am going to buy gears eventually tho)

They should cut out a lot of playlists, and include a Moshpit mode with multiple modes.

They should jack Warzone from Killzone multiplayer, and toss all the objective modes into that with AI bots and whole 9. Would be insane with this game's core.

Why won't anyone copy the Warone mode, man (; _ ;)

Rizzi

Had no problem all day yesterday finding matches. Game hopefully will only grow with high review scores and word of mouth. A lot of my friends have asked me if I'm getting Gears 4 or COD:IW....

I said wrong, getting TF2, and most of them seem to be swayed towards buying it now too. (Am going to buy gears eventually tho)

Six of the nine modes have zero population on the AU server.
Fun.

zonezeus

On some level this is more helpful to me than other impressions. I am still on the fence considering I am enjoying BF1 a lot right now. Them making Titans weaker didn't sit right with me and I played enough twitch shooters last year with my BLOPS3 purchase.

If you think you need a break from twitch shooters you probably do. If you think this game is different enough to rekindle your interest in the genre it probably isn't. I should've trusted my gut on this one, it'd save me 40$.

Alx

They should bring back daily challenges to lure people into playing new modes. I know I have stuck to attrition since day1, and in TF1 wouldn't have played any other mode if it wasn't for the campaign and the occasional daily challenge.

MrBlonde

I'm enjoying the game and see myself getting hooked on this which doesn't happen often for me anymore, especially since this game wasn't even on my radar until yesterday. I'm pretty bad at the MP though and I dont remember being this bad at the first one, I was playing with a couple friends that carried the team luckily. Hopefully I can it figured out....

If anyone has any suggestions on noob friendly set ups (weapons, Titans, etc) let me know.

this is the best shooter campaign i played this year. doom was amazing but the fact that tf2 has zero filler and perfect pacing, make it just a tiny bit better.

fantastic set pieces, great levels...everything just feels right.

the lenght is no problem to me, since there is zero fat to pad out the game.

I don't know if it tops Doom for me but it's close, damn close. Titanfall 2 campaign is up there with Halo: Combat Evolved for me. What a nice surprise.

duckroll

Any thoughts on where Respawn might go with the campaign after this? Surely they know that people have recognized and appreciated the effort put into it and want more? Will they wait until Titanfall 3 to push out another campaign? Or will there be an expansion campaign as DLC sooner? I mean...

(Full campaign spoilers)

We know BT is still alive somewhere in time, Blisk is still alive and obviously doesn't think of Cooper as a real threat yet, the Ark may or may not have been destroyed but we still don't know who created it or why, so that leaves a lot of room for a bigger and badder continuation.

Not to mention, the one thing I was surprised the campaign never did was Pilot vs Titan stuff. There's no rodeo gameplay at all. The one moment where you get to shoot Viper in the cockpit was great, but it would be nice to see tactical stuff like that. I also want bosses which aren't Titans but giant mechs or monsters with multiple parts, weakspots, etc. Pilot bosses which be neat too. I was actually expecting that with Ash after she brought me up to the dome.

I really want more....

Revas

The thread illustrates why Respawn wanted to make the game simpler for casual or new players. "Too much going on" is pretty much Titanfall, understand your role and how you can help your team and do that. Stop trying to FrothyOmen people and learn how to play the game ffs.

Poster#1

So did someone from Respawn explain why do we have to choose between sidearms and anti-titans weapons? why can't we carry them both like TF1?

KodaRuss

They should jack Warzone from Killzone multiplayer, and toss all the objective modes into that with AI bots and whole 9. Would be insane with this game's core.

Why won't anyone copy the Warone mode, man (; _ ;)

Yes, this would be amazing. Really sad no other MP game has copied this because it was so damn fun

The student becomes the master trophy is the only thing standing in my way of the platinum trophy. I've been doing PowerPxy's strat on YouTube but still can't nail. Best I can do is 39 secs, 6 secs short off the mark.

taoofjord

So what's GAF's game mode of choice so far? I'm still loving hardpoint. For some reason Attrition isn't grabbing me like it did in TF1.

Also, has anyone made good use of Scorch yet? I haven't figured out how to use it effectively yet.

Calderc

Any thoughts on where Respawn might go with the campaign after this? Surely they know that people have recognized and appreciated the effort put into it and want more? Will they wait until Titanfall 3 to push out another campaign? Or will there be an expansion campaign as DLC sooner? I mean...

(Full campaign spoilers)

We know BT is still alive somewhere in time, Blisk is still alive and obviously doesn't think of Cooper as a real threat yet, the Ark may or may not have been destroyed but we still don't know who created it or why, so that leaves a lot of room for a bigger and badder continuation.

Not to mention, the one thing I was surprised the campaign never did was Pilot vs Titan stuff. There's no rodeo gameplay at all. The one moment where you get to shoot Viper in the cockpit was great, but it would be nice to see tactical stuff like that. I also want bosses which aren't Titans but giant mechs or monsters with multiple parts, weakspots, etc. Pilot bosses which be neat too. I was actually expecting that with Ash after she brought me up to the dome.

I really want more....

You can get out and rodeo the bosses and make them Pilot v Titan if you want to.

Top Bottom