• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

taoofjord

Hardpoint is my favorite mode here, just as it was in TF1.

Anyway, love this game and as much as I love the Battlefield series and adore BF1 I think TF2 may end up ranking higher on my GOTY list. Amazing job, Respawn!

I've put in 12 hours of mp today. My biggest gripes are the party system (no join on friend), can't see the members in your network in the game, and lack of the stats screen. These are all things that can be added later.

This is becoming my favorite competitive style shooter this gen. I haven't experienced any lag or bullshit hit detection. It's runs incredibly well and looks really good on the ps4.

I'm super excited for free maps/modes/weapons going forward too.

I have no issues with the maps. The more I play them, the more I understand them. The spawn system is fantastic too.

Izuna

Banned
I've put in 12 hours of mp today. My biggest gripes are the party system (no join on friend), can't see the members in your network in the game, and lack of the stats screen. These are all things that can be added later.

When you invite a network, they ARE put in your party for one game (where they show up in green) and then they disband. If you invite friends into a private party, it'll persist.

When you invite a network, they ARE put in your party for one game (where they show up in green) and then they disband. If you invite friends into a private party, it'll persist.

I know all of this. i had people asking me how to join my party and we're looking for an in games friends list and whatnot. I feel like that would really a great addition if they added the in game friends list.

Ps4

Control method?

Settings you have tweaked?

Leaving my elite paddles for jump etc hurts.

I use auto sprint, 5 sensitivity, classic response curve, no deadzone and the evolved layout. To me this is the best layout for a regular controller. I will be switching layouts when I get my battle beaver customs pad back from repair.

9DkJ8rk.jpg

I think I might be done for the day. Did some work.

The Dude

This is becoming my favorite competitive style shooter this gen. I haven't experienced any lag or bullshit hit detection. It's runs incredibly well and looks really good on the ps4.

I'm super excited for free maps/modes/weapons going forward too.

I have no issues with the maps. The more I play them, the more I understand them. The spawn system is fantastic too.

That is the only thing that separates it from call of duty is pretty good hit detection, definitely

Menitta

A good use of the grappling hook is to hook on a corner of a building as you're running on it and then you'll swing around the corner.

That is the only thing that separates it from call of duty is pretty good hit detection, definitely

Hit Detection, Dedicated servers, Fluidity, Mechs, Free maps, and it's Fun.

There is call of duty DNA in this game (I mean these guys made MOHAA, COD, COD2, COD4, MW2) but this is definitely not a copy of black ops or anything that you said. You do know Titanfall came out before COD copied it right?

This game takes a lot of time getting used to. I've never thought I would have a hard time adjusting to a game like this... Never had to for Overwatch, Battlefield, and Call of Duty.

The game is fun, but the maps are kinda boring.

It's definitely a breath of fresh air, and I will skip COD entirely this year! I've never skip a COD before, but this year it's definitely happening.

I'm playing the campaign and this game plays so well

It plays much better than any COD game.

This game takes a lot of time getting used to. I've never thought I would have a hard time adjusting to a game like this... Never had to for Overwatch, Battlefield, and Call of Duty.

The game is fun, but the maps are kinda boring.

It's definitely a breath of fresh air, and I will skip COD entirely this year! I've never skip a COD before, but this year it's definitely happening.

Campaign is fun and does a good job of getting you used to the gameplay. Bummer about the maps cause the first game had excellent maps. I haven't liked any of the maps I've played

Gator86

MP continues to be stellar for me. Some of these spawns though. I was spawned directly beneath AI drops in attrition twice in a row. Was dead before my character took a single step.

I need to start playing with the PS4 Gaffers. Randoms are useless as shit. I need you to get at least double digit points in a game of attrition. Please. Just hit some buttons.

Still can't get over how shit the Titan camos look. They look just horrendous. My god.

Haines

Banned
I use auto sprint, 5 sensitivity, classic response curve, no deadzone and the evolved layout. To me this is the best layout for a regular controller. I will be switching layouts when I get my battle beaver customs pad back from repair.

Thanks I'm going to look into the setting right now.

Default sucks lol

Argonomic

been playing this for a few hours now and I'm not sure how to feel. Never played the first one and I usually play CoD. The core movement and shooting feels great but the game designed around that just feels... bizarre. Once the match starts getting to the point where there's a bunch of titans on the map it just feels cluttered and chaotic in a bad way, especially since the maps feel too small to properly support titans.

the AI enemies are also annoying clutter and I don't get why they exist

I'll keep playing it but I'm glad I have BF1 to go back to when I want

Have you tried PvP? When I'm in the mood for simpler, more focused TDM, that is the mode I play.

SeanR1221

First time playing tonight and it's excellent.

Super dumb ? But when you jump on the titans back what is the battery I'm pulling out? Sometimes I also find batteries?

The Dude

Hit Detection, Dedicated servers, Fluidity, Mechs, Free maps, and it's Fun.

There is call of duty DNA in this game (I mean these guys made MOHAA, COD, COD2, COD4, MW2) but this is definitely not a copy of black ops or anything that you said. You do know Titanfall came out before COD copied it right?

Yes the original titanfall was its own feeling game with a slight cod influence. This outside of mechs has taken on the call of duty feel big time. I'm not saying it's a copy but it's definitely a lot closer to call of duty than the original in terms of ground combat

Super dumb ? But when you jump on the titans back what is the battery I'm pulling out? Sometimes I also find batteries?

You are removing their shield and some health. You can pick up the batteries on the ground and then jump on your teammates titans or back into yours to give some extra health and shield.

Izuna

Banned

When you pull them out, it takes a bit of health away.

If you have a Battery and go into your Titan (or Rodeo a teammate's) it gives that Titan a shield + health recovery.

If you're finding batteries on the floor, that may be because a Pilot died carrying one, or you're playing Last Titan Standing where they appear on the map.

Eden might be my favorite.

Oh I like Eden. It's like a dumbed down version of Haven.

Tahnit

Banned
Holy shit this game is amazing. I just got to the
time level
wow what a very unique mechanic.

still working my way through the campaign and im so very impressed.

Haines

Banned
evolved is L1 for jump, R3 for slide/crouch and O for melee. Being able to jump and aim is huge in this game.

Absolutely.

Can someone help me understand these gun stats?

In the LMG primary the stats show the spitfire being strictly better than the lstar?

What gives? Why would anyone use an lstar if that's the case.

SeanR1221

You are removing their shield and some health. You can pick up the batteries on the ground and then jump on your teammates titans or back into yours to give some extra health and shield.

When you pull them out, it takes a bit of health away.

If you have a Battery and go into your Titan (or Rodeo a teammate's) it gives that Titan a shield + health recovery.

If you're finding batteries on the floor, that may be because a Pilot died carrying one, or you're playing Last Titan Standing where they appear on the map.

Oh I like Eden. It's like a dumbed down version of Haven.
Ahhhhhh. Makes sense. Thanks!!

ryan299

As for the new maps I like Exoplanet and Canal. Drydock is alright. Complex and Crash Site aren't good, and I haven't played Eden yet.

Don't think 9 maps is enough, especially when most of them just aren't good. Glad that future ones are free though.

There should be some more Kit options.

How do I make another member of a group an admin so I can leave?

Doing it in a browser doesn't work... in fact, nothing in their browser manager works.

This game is totally doomed.

Titanfall players don't like it cause it's too casual, casual players are confused. Gonna be another $10 on sale titanfall game by next August for sure.

What's casual about it? Wtf does that even mean? It feels totally different and if anything, a lot less accessible than the original where anyone can pick it up and feel like a badass

You should probably return the game and play another shooter. Nobody will be playing this online In a few months anyway.
You might be the worst troll I've seen on GAF and I've been around for awhile. Don't just roll into an OT to try and talk people out of buying the game to fit your narrative.

Animator

Had some fucking awesome games with Codeacious and other gaffers. I think we won every game we played. Game is so fucking amazing. I haven't had this much fun in a fps in a long time.

Also the battery steal mechanic is absolutely awesome. It is always a rush to steal a battery from a enemy titan and give it to one of your own team titans.

soultron

Banned
When I play it levels up the guns I'm using.

What does leveling up my guns actually do

At a quick glance it feels like kills with any equipped weapon (Pilot primary, Pilot secondary, Titan main weapon, etc.) will level it up to unlock mods and skins.
Same goes for your Titan, Pilot, and so on.

Yeesh, the Alternator is craaaazy. I don't even have to ADS and I can kill from midrange reliably.
Also the battery steal mechanic is absolutely awesome. It is always a rush to steal a battery from a enemy titan and give it to one of your own team titans.
I didn't think I'd like the battery mechanic, as I still have amazing memories of using a Spitfire on a Titan in the first game. But I have to say, I'm loving it way more than I ever thought I would. It takes teamplay to a whole new level.

Animator

Yeesh, the Alternator is craaaazy. I don't even have to ADS and I can kill from midrange reliably.

I didn't think I'd like the battery mechanic, as I still have amazing memories of using a Spitfire on a Titan in the first game. But I have to say, I'm loving it way more than I ever thought I would. It takes teamplay to a whole new level.

It was fucking awesome stealing a battery and giving it to your Ronin and then you went ham with sword core on a bunch of titans. :D

Top Bottom