• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

SwolBro

Banned
It seems like mechanically Titans are less skillful and easier to use but gameplay wise you have to be much better than i think you did in T1. The no shield aspect creates a whole different way to play in LTS.

i'm not sure how i feel about it yet.

Izuna

Banned
Can't PC players make a macro where the crouch button is pressed one frame after jump?

Sorry that happened to you as well, always ask for a credit to your account when stuff like this happened. Could be $5 for your next game

It's Rise of Iron for my nephew (in exchange for me using his gaming monitor) -- he can wait

But yeah, this sort of thing is why I personal stay digital.

Does it come in gold?
tgPL5ss.jpg
HELL YES IT DOES.

Haines

Banned
So how does the batteries work?

We start with none but can steal them from the bounty titans?

I'm honestly not sure where batteries come from. We don't start with one and when we get one we get a shield?

Izuna

Banned
So how does the batteries work?

We start with none but can steal them from the bounty titans?

I'm honestly not sure where batteries come from. We don't start with one and when we get one we get a shield?

Pilots pull them from Titans they Rodeo. They will then carry them on their backs (if they die they drop it).

A Pilot with a Battery can pop one into their own Titan or someone else's for a Shield + Health Recovery.

In Last Titan Standing, they pop up on the map.

There is a Boost where 80% of your Titan build % gives you a free Battery.

Just finished the level plus the boss fight

Respawn feeding us well yall

I wish I could go back in time like an hour or so and experience what you're about to experience for the first time again.

Izuna

Banned
Okay, so my nephew is really good at PvP then... (playing on my set-up atm)

He CoDing it up. Not a single wall run in sight yet placing #1 game after game.

It's nice of Respawn to let these guys play their game.

This A-Wall + Hemlock combo is...

I want to know!

something to with why enemies remain where you left them i guess

Ennosuke

I don't like the menu music amd somehow there is no music in online matches. In TF1 I really found there was a great OST. Steals a little bit of atmosphere.

AngryJoe posted a video about how Amazon delayed his game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVQ1CsErpRk

I think the video is stupid. He generalized all of Amazon saying that when you pre-order you aren't actually pre-ordering. This sounds like an issue specific with Titanfall 2. And then he talked about how he tried to use his influence when talking to Amazon customer service to get Titanfall 2 for sure on release day. Like dude these are random call centers more than likely trying to help you. They don't care who you are. I'm a fan of AJ but his video comes off as douchey instead of "stuff hapened and I'm a bit pissed that I can't play on release date."

He keeps up with the "If Amazon wants gamers to take them seriously they need to..." Amazon is one of the best website for pre-ordering games. Please stop.

Yeah. He's comes across like a straight chode there with the threats and shit about social media and making a video. I like most of his stuff, but he can f right off with that behavior.

bbd23

Scorch is definitely my titan. can't get into any of the others at the moment

why is matchmaking so weird though. how can I not find a single pilot vs pilot game?
whats with this data center stuff man

Toa TAK

Banned
something to with why enemies remain where you left them i guess
You mean the blue spheres?
I don't like the menu music amd somehow there is no music in online matches. In TF1 I really found there was a great OST. Steals a little bit of atmosphere.
That's something that needs to be patched in. It really does add to the experience and this score is easily the best the composer has done.

Game is soooo good. Everything in it is great. Sp, mp, controls like a dream. It makes a perfect companion to BF 1 but I'm having a hard time pulling myself away. Amped hardpoint is such a great mode. I also love how balanced everything seems atm, as well. So many cool classes to build and cater to the different game modes. More people need to grab this it's the bes shooter package in a long time. Need more friends to play with. Add me pSN: ehjee

dogpowerd

Banned
I finished the single player last night and as the credits rolled I felt like I had already gotten my moneys worth before even touching the multiplayer.

I played a few missions of the single player and I'm enjoying just being a bad ass killing machine, kicking people in the god damn face.

Also, holy shit I haven't had this much fun in a multiplayer game since Black Ops 3 when it first came out. The gameplay is just so damn good and it's just so much fun.

Most times now a days I play for an hour and stop, but with Titanfall 2 I just kept on going from game to game, and next thing I know it was 6:00 PM when I started at 3:30.

Deps

Having good success with everyone but Northstar. He just seems super squishy and his gun doesn't seem good enough to make up for it.

I played a few missions of the single player and I'm enjoying just being a bad ass killing machine, kicking people in the god damn face.

Also, holy shit I haven't had this much fun in a multiplayer game since Black Ops 3 when it first came out. The gameplay is just so damn good and it's just so much fun.

Most times now a days I play for an hour and stop, but with Titanfall 2 I just kept on going from game to game, and next thing I know it was 6:00 PM when I started at 3:30.

Yes indeed.

Same. I keep saying "only one more game" the n it's 3 hrs later

Izuna

Banned
Having good success with everyone but Northstar. He just seems super squishy and his gun doesn't seem good enough to make up for it.

Northstar's a girl too.

I think she's great as an effective auto titan. Give her a go in LTS.

Can't PC players make a macro where the crouch button is pressed one frame after jump?
I have one that toggles crouch and doesn't reset after jumping, but I'll whip this up real quick to try it out.

EDIT: Doesn't look like wait commands are allowed (at least in singleplayer, where I tested), so this isn't possible with an in-game config. A macro through keyboard/mouse control software would certainly work, though.

gt86

This game is so great! Only bad thing is I haven't played any bf1 since titanfall came out. Might double dip because I preordered the xbone version since I have ea access, but I have a ps4 pro paid for and waiting on the 10th.

blazeuk

He keeps up with the "If Amazon wants gamers to take them seriously they need to..." Amazon is one of the best website for pre-ordering games. Please stop.

Amazon UK have this issue with release date delivery too, before I had Prime I basically stopped using them to preorder since a lot of the time they simply didn't ship until release date itself which meant there was no chance you'd get the game on time.

Spoke with CS about it a few times and got the same response about how they don't guarantee delivery on that date and it's just 3-5 days delivery - that's absolutely fair enough but it also made them one of the worst companies to preorder from since everyone else got them out with plenty of time to spare. I use Prime now so it's never been an issue for me since really but not sure what their policy is otherwise, they still usually hold onto games right up until the last minute.

----

Anyway, just finished the campaign and thought it was great, definitely lived up to the hype I'd built up reading about it. Time to properly get into MP now!

re: bf1 I don't understand why people think you die in more bullshit ways in this than bf1

bf1 beta was like spawn -> run for 2 minutes to find ANYTHING -> get sniped -> sit through excessive respawn timer -> run for 2 minutes -> die

Over and over and over

In TF2 you have so many options to get away from getting shot: slide, bunny hop, grapple, stim - and even if you do die you respawn instantly and are back in the action within seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVQ1CsErpRk

I think the video is stupid. He generalized all of Amazon saying that when you pre-order you aren't actually pre-ordering. This sounds like an issue specific with Titanfall 2. And then he talked about how he tried to use his influence when talking to Amazon customer service to get Titanfall 2 for sure on release day. Like dude these are random call centers more than likely trying to help you. They don't care who you are. I'm a fan of AJ but his video comes off as douchey instead of "stuff hapened and I'm a bit pissed that I can't play on release date."

Amazon is shit at release date delivery in the U.K. I never order from them if I want something day one. They ALWAYS dispatch too late.

Top Bottom