• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

This game is amazing. Does anyone else have a shit load of merits built up? I barely spend them on anything and realised not long ago that you can actually buy weapons earlier if you want but I very rarely have. Bought one early just to spend them!

The future for this game is exciting. Can't wait for more content and maps.

The Dude

re: bf1 I don't understand why people think you die in more bullshit ways in this than bf1

bf1 beta was like spawn -> run for 2 minutes to find ANYTHING -> get sniped -> sit through excessive respawn timer -> run for 2 minutes -> die

Over and over and over

In TF2 you have so many options to get away from getting shot: slide, bunny hop, grapple, stim - and even if you do die you respawn instantly and are back in the action within seconds.

People don't miss in this game and the ttk is about instant. At least people can miss in bf1 and you also have a slight chance to react in some situations

KingV

Having good success with everyone but Northstar. He just seems super squishy and his gun doesn't seem good enough to make up for it.

The trick is to keep aiming until the little bars fill up on the reticule. That makes the shot more powerful. Those shots fully charged are really strong. Northstar is great if you are sniping behind some of your teammates, but will go down really quick 1:1

Strider

I enjoy almost all of the maps...

But I seriously have 0 good things to say about Crash Site. Everything about it is terrible to me. Terrible flow, weird sightlines, tough to wallrun because you get stuck on so much random stuff...

Oh and the fact that it feels like your sideways half the time makes my head hurt :/

Chris1

Amazon is shit at release date delivery in the U.K. I never order from them if I want something day one. They ALWAYS dispatch too late.

Amazon UK have this issue with release date delivery too, before I had Prime I basically stopped using them to preorder since a lot of the time they simply didn't ship until release date itself which meant there was no chance you'd get the game on time.

Spoke with CS about it a few times and got the same response about how they don't guarantee delivery on that date and it's just 3-5 days delivery - that's absolutely fair enough but it also made them one of the worst companies to preorder from since everyone else got them out with plenty of time to spare. I use Prime now so it's never been an issue for me since really but not sure what their policy is otherwise, they still usually hold onto games right up until the last minute.

----

Anyway, just finished the campaign and thought it was great, definitely lived up to the hype I'd built up reading about it. Time to properly get into MP now!

Amazon has always been fine for me, though they did used to dispatch a day earlier than they do now. I still get the games on release day though so it's fine for me. Never had any problems with them dispatching on the release date though.

Oh and the fact that it feels like your sideways half the time makes my head hurt :/
This is why I hate Crash site. I despise maps that make you sideways, CoD has had a few aswell and I hate it. I have yet to see a map that does it and doesn't completely ruin it. It's fine in the single player but it completely ruins the flow in multiplayer for me. Can't stand it.

KingV

re: bf1 I don't understand why people think you die in more bullshit ways in this than bf1

bf1 beta was like spawn -> run for 2 minutes to find ANYTHING -> get sniped -> sit through excessive respawn timer -> run for 2 minutes -> die

Over and over and over

In TF2 you have so many options to get away from getting shot: slide, bunny hop, grapple, stim - and even if you do die you respawn instantly and are back in the action within seconds.

Bf1 is fun if you're in a good squad that sticks together and communicates, but IMO it's awful playing alone, I just get constantly sniped by some dude across the map.

TF2 is funnalone or with a group, because of the options it gives you.

Gator86

People don't miss in this game and the ttk is about instant. At least people can miss in bf1 and you also have a slight chance to react in some situations

I think it depends on distance more in BF1. Here, everything feels like a laser. An SMG can easily put you down from across the map. In BF1 you can take a fair amount of punishment from anything, but a sniper at range. I could easily survive 2 or 3 people shooting at me from distance as a medic. Here, no chance.

I played a few missions of the single player and I'm enjoying just being a bad ass killing machine, kicking people in the god damn face.

Also, holy shit I haven't had this much fun in a multiplayer game since Black Ops 3 when it first came out. The gameplay is just so damn good and it's just so much fun.

Most times now a days I play for an hour and stop, but with Titanfall 2 I just kept on going from game to game, and next thing I know it was 6:00 PM when I started at 3:30.

Ha me too except it's 1 am!

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Where you going little buddy?

yrd2p7H.gif

Never gets old. ;X

Will there be private GAF sessions happening? I noticed that today I've played with quite alot of people today who seem to have no fucking idea on what to do.

Geist-

Finished the campaign, so good. The story is okay, but the it's so damn fun, on the level of the best FPS campaigns I've ever played.

Multiplayer though...I'm really regretting getting it on PC. Day after release and 0/0 players in the 8v8 variety playlist, over 10m wait time for LTS. Basically, if I don't stick to Attrition or Hardpoint, I have to wait forever to find a game. Seriously, wtf...

Izuna

Banned
Where you going little buddy?

yrd2p7H.gif

Never gets old. ;X

Will there be private GAF sessions happening? I noticed that today I've played with quite alot of people today who seem to have no fucking idea on what to do.

Had one yesterday with TitanGAF, was dope.

bryanee

Amazon is shit at release date delivery in the U.K. I never order from them if I want something day one. They ALWAYS dispatch too late.

Disagree. TF2 came day one and BF1 not to mention every psvr game I ordered came day one. Never had a game come late from them.

Gator86

I have both, and I am not interested in bf1 now

Same. I expect to hit some burnout with this in the near future and pop back to that. The loop for TF2 is great though so it's hard to get tired of it. Attrition lasts the perfect amount of time now.

B00TE

So how many people are playing this and BF1? My damn friends convinced me that I had to pick TF2 as well.

I am, on top of Gears 4 as well. Pretty much play whatever I find myself in the mood to play, at the moment, though if this had co-op out of the gate I'd be hard pressed to stop playing it. Only reason I do is because it's stressful for me to play for an extended time some reason, as much as I absolutely love it.

Zemm

Is it just me or is there a pretty big lack of parkour options in a lot of the MP maps? There's very few sections where the maps really allow you to flow through it. The SP is completely different and lets you fly almost.

The Dude

So how many people are playing this and BF1? My damn friends convinced me that I had to pick TF2 as well.

Playing both, favoring BF1 greatly tho. Thing that hurts this game for me is we've seen the futuristic shooters many times now, lol hate saying COD again but the last 2 iterations had the same futuristic feel without mechs obviously. So while I'm in small ways enjoying this game even tho I think fucking insane cyborgs play it, I feel a sigh of relief going back to Battlefield 1 and having the feeling of an intense battle where I can actually work into, scheme, plot, play different ways without being totally murdalized from behind constantly. I spent 60 on this I will find a way. I was bad at battlefront at first, terrible, but I then became a monster in it and love that game big time. So here hoping I can find that love even tho I feel I'm giving in to the call of duty shooter genre.

I still say the original titanfall had cod influence but man what was it about titanfall 1 that was so different here?

b0bbyJ03

I have both, and I am not interested in bf1 now

Holy shit, seriously? I put up a good fight cause I couldn't imagine anything being better than BF1 right now. I'm enjoying the hell out of it but they're pretty much saying what u r. What a month. I also have gears btw. Lol

GravyButt

So maybe silly question but the last titan I believe is unlocked at like lvl 15. I have enough points to unlock now but im only a level 4. Could I actually buy it now and use it now at level 4 (same for any weapon) or would it still be locked until I got to that level? Thanks!

So maybe silly question but the last titan I believe is unlocked at like lvl 15. I have enough points to unlock now but im only a level 4. Could I actually buy it now and use it now at level 4 (same for any weapon) or would it still be locked until I got to that level? Thanks!
If you buy it, you will unlock it and be able to use it.

AngryJoe posted a video about how Amazon delayed his game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVQ1CsErpRk

I think the video is stupid. He generalized all of Amazon saying that when you pre-order you aren't actually pre-ordering. This sounds like an issue specific with Titanfall 2. And then he talked about how he tried to use his influence when talking to Amazon customer service to get Titanfall 2 for sure on release day. Like dude these are random call centers more than likely trying to help you. They don't care who you are. I'm a fan of AJ but his video comes off as douchey instead of "stuff hapened and I'm a bit pissed that I can't play on release date."

He keeps up with the "If Amazon wants gamers to take them seriously they need to..." Amazon is one of the best website for pre-ordering games. Please stop.

Amazon fucked me out of preorder bonuses for CODIW and DQB, and did not give me release date delivery for BF1 or TF2. Their CS told me to fuck off. They are falling off, bigtime.

Playing both, and Destiny, and Infinite Warfare arriving in a week. I generally play 1-2 games of each then quit, not really finding it very tough to move around.

BF1 games are LONG, like 30-60 minutes for a full 64 player game. By contrast T2 games are short, 5-10 minutes. BF1 games make me feel like I am doing stuff and contributing and a victory is something to be savored, T2 is just run and gun and it feels kinda meaningless, especially with only 12-14 players.

Customization on T2 is a bit overwhelming, I have pages and pages of camos and badges and other stuff.

Kade

Anyone having trouble connecting to the multiplayer on Origin? When it lets me access the Multiplayer menu I can't join any friends, networks or matches and when I restart the client sometimes it just says "Connecting to Respawn servers". Been like this for around an hour and I might just give up.

Anyone having trouble connecting to the multiplayer on Origin? When it lets me access the Multiplayer menu I can't join any friends, networks or matches and when I restart the client sometimes it just says "Connecting to Respawn servers". Been like this for around an hour and I might just give up.
Been working well for me. Any idea what/where your data center is?

Dominator

For Singleplayer: Battlefield 1 or Titanfall 2? Has someone played both?
Battlefield's campaign isn't terrible but by the end, it just feels like a glorified tutorial. Titanfall'a blows it out of the damn water, and makes BF's look like complete shit in comparison.

I just finished the campaign btw lol, so good. Better than Doom.

PARANO1A

I can't even launch the game. Getting flaky online / offline statuses in the Origin client itself. When it eventually connects and I click 'play' I get a message sayin 'we're sorry, an error has occurred', saying it can't connect to the activation servers.

How the fuck are we in 2016 and huge companies can't afford activation servers that stay online?

Battlefield's campaign isn't terrible but by the end, it just feels like a glorified tutorial. Titanfall'a blows it out of the damn water, and makes BF's look like complete shit in comparison.

I just finished the campaign btw lol, so good. Better than Doom.

They're both excellent. Who would have thought we'd have two fantastic shooter campaigns that encourage mobility and good gameplay

Still not really feeling the multiplayer yet. Am i supposed to be playing it like the first game

You answered your own question

I was a fan of hardpoint in the first game and playing it in TF2, I had a lot of fun. I never liked attrition and in TF2 I feel like it's worse.

soultron

Banned
OH MY GOD THE ASS
EMBLY LINE
CHAPTER. OH MY GOD.

Now I fuckin' know why people are saying this will be one of the most memorable FPS SP campaigns in recent memory.

Heart pounding round in LTS finally, but it was cut short. I believe the reason why I hadn't felt this before is due to the shorter timer. 1v3 and I had a chance after taking out one of the last three remaining when suddenly the round ended. Looking back at TF1 the timer was 1 minute longer which is likely why it gave these amazing opportunities to comeback from a sure defeat.

Pls fix, Respawn.

I also like how 95% of the trophies are from the campaign while the multiplayer trophies are basic stuff. This is a very realistically platinumable game.

...as soon as I can beat the pilot gauntlet =_=

OH MY GOD THE ASS
EMBLY LINE
CHAPTER. OH MY GOD.

Now I fuckin' know why people are saying this will be one of the most memorable FPS SP campaigns in recent memory.

The way it all comes together at the end is amazing

I also like how 95% of the trophies are from the campaign while the multiplayer trophies are basic stuff. This is a very realistically platinumable game.

Yeah it's pretty encouraging and I think I'm gonna try and platinum as well. Not gonna bother with the gauntlet trophy until I'm much better at the game

Heart pounding round in LTS finally, but it was cut short. I believe the reason why I hadn't felt this before is due to the shorter timer. 1v3 and I had a chance after taking out one of the last three remaining when suddenly the round ended. Looking back at TF1 the timer was 1 minute longer which is likely why it gave these amazing opportunities to comeback from a sure defeat.

Pls fix, Respawn.

I wonder why they shortened it. They seem receptive to feedback so they'll hopefully add more time

soultron

Banned

It feels like the mile high club achievement in this game, minus the fact that it's not instant-death if you fuck up.

Menitta

So merits...I feel like it's just faster to unlock most things by leveling, which is fine by me and I'm glad all the titans were available quickly but still. I can easily see EA adding microtransactions to this. Same with BF1's battlepacks.

Quoting to increase visibility in hopes of a change :D

Pls fix, Respawn.

Top Bottom