• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

movement/wallrunning mechanics are nearly identical to titanfall 1 now. maps aren't as as good for wallrunning as titanfall 1, but some of the maps in the final game are definitely better in that respect than the ones from the tech test and beta.

It's pretty easy to get titans quickly (fastest way is stealing an enemy titans battery which gives you like 60% on your timer right away)

Stealing the battery is kind of broken because all you have to do is take it out which is super easy. Even if you die you get the boost to your Titan meter

So the MP is designed to be less hectic than the first game here right?

Heckkkkkkkk I need to check this out immediately. Dishonored 2 seems like it has a similar mechanic going for it too.

I don't know, I was playing attrition this morning and it feels pretty chaotic to me. Depends on the map also.

The mechanic everyone is talking about is only for a brief period in the campaign. There's a lot more to it than just that one part. By the end, I was invested in the characters as well

Tokubetsu

The only map I'm not really fucking with right now is the one with all the cherry blossoms and orange sky box? It's got those small little bases around it and caves. I don't think I've ever done well on that map. A lot of shitty deaths (or what feels like shitty deaths) too.

Great game. Tremendous game. People love this game. Critics say it's the best game.

LuQfhdu.gif

look at them dolla signs go up bih
Dear god. All those medals/bonuses could hardly fit on the screen on the left.

dugdug

Banned
Still completely unable to finish a match. And it seems there's no way to report a bug anywhere. Great. Guess I just bought a campaign, then.

I can't be the only one that quits when the epilogue starts, such a waste of time!

You get one merit for successfuly evacuating or destroying the enemy's dropship, so not a waste of time at all. Basically if your opponents have no more than 3 Titans, run for the ride!

Mesoian

I think I fucked up. I got TF2 with 2 other games in the target buy 2, get 1, assuming that they'd just email me a code. apparently they're shipping me an empty box with a code in it.

That's frustrating.

Multiplayer is still underwhelming me a bit but it's definitely better than it was in beta. Might pick it up down the road if it does well but for now I think I'm sticking with the first game once my rental is over.

hohoXD123

Damn, I thought the level design was pretty great already then they manage to blow your mind on the
time travel
level. Seriously well done to Respawn.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
This is the best multiplayer I've played in any MP shooter ever, yep I'm going there.

The campaign is fantastic.... man, this is some serious 9.5/10 stuff: it deserves to get a massive player base, I hope they maintain marketing to get it to the line.

Menitta

The banks are the same for both teams which always freaks me out. Though it is satisfying when you kill someone uploading. "Oh you're uploading $400? Now you're not"

golem

I don't know if the LSTAR is the best gun or anything, but it feels so good to use that I'm not going to choose anything else for a while.

The LSTAR does feel awesome to use. In fact all of the guns feel pretty great, that Respawn magic

Happy hour and win games. Leveling up is anything but slow in this game. Pretty much every match you are leveling up something or other.

Yeah, I like that I'm leveling a bunch of stuff after every match. I was just wanting to know about your actual player level. I'm still at level 12 (I think) despite always placing top 2 in every match I've played and winning 90% of my games. I need to get on a happy hour with TitanGAF on PC.

deim0s

Of all the three betas that came out... TF2 got my money.

Am enjoying MP whole lot and having tons of fun, compared to getting stressed out on CoD or BF1s combat. It's like I'm playing Modern Warfare for the first time good.

Tone is indeed the man!

Only thing that pisses me off playing the MP is people camping in a little corner with that COD looking Sniper Camo

If you're worried about kids playing, the stealth Melee kills can be gory. The main Titan though is amazing and I can imagine kids loving him

Finishing a game during happy hour gives you an extra five merits for free, but only once per day.

Thanks. What do merits do? Lol

Malcolm9

Just picked this up, COD and BF can do one this year :D

Really glad Respawn went multiplatform as I missed out on TitanFall 1.

HO-LY SHIT.

I just got to that part in the campaign. I'm guessing whoever played it knows what I'm talking about. These are mechanics and ideas I'd expect from a game like Half-Life 2, not Titanfall. Completely blown away by this game.

GOTY status!!
This game is gonna be huge.
Spread the word GAF!

Thanks. What do merits do? Lol

Merits are basically XP. You level up once you get enough. You get them from completing up to 3 match goals in a game. They're different per game type, for example in Attrition merits are earned by getting a 3 kill streak, finishing the game, and either winning or extracting successfully. Weapon and Titan level ups also give merits at the end of a match.

eizarus

Banned
This is the best multiplayer I've played in any MP shooter ever, yep I'm going there.

The campaign is fantastic.... man, this is some serious 9.5/10 stuff: it deserves to get a massive player base, I hope they maintain marketing to get it to the line.
I'm holding off on calling it the best multiplayer shooter I've ever played, but I really can't come up with anything I don't like. I've really hit the honeymoon phase hard with this game.

Edit: really hope some of the devs check out this thread. While I haven't tried it yet, the single player mode is getting praised on a level way beyond what anyone had expected, especially from a military FPS. Kudos, Respawn.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Forgive me if this has been said.

So I keep see that when I'm using a weapon that I'm completing challenges with the weapon, but I cannot find anywhere in the menu a spot that actually shows what the challenges are. Am I crazy or does that mean you just not exist?

NuKERxyz

After several hours on PC I double dipped on ps4 (waiting for that pro bump too).
Respawn deserve all the respect for the changes they made after that Beta, they also deserve MP Goty award, even against the also fantastic Bf1.

I joined gaf on PC, hope I can join ps4 group too.

Merits are basically XP. You level up once you get enough. You get them from completing up to 3 match goals in a game. They're different per game type, for example in Attrition merits are earned by getting a 3 kill streak, finishing the game, and either winning or extracting successfully. Weapon and Titan level ups also give merits at the end of a match.

I live in Southern California and the closest data center is in Portland. Lowest ping I get is 60ms which is a lot more than I'm used to

had a run of three hardpoint losses and i realised i wasn't playing very well but i didnt want to end my session on a loss

switched to bounty hunter and accrued a $1000 bonus which i successfully banked. we went from losing to winning then won the round. :D

Top Bottom