• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Roussow

While I think the
time-travel
sequence is probably the standout of the campaign, props to the short but very, very sweet
triumphant return of the Smart pistol
really had me going. I'm super looking forward to unlocking it in MP, that thing is just so fucking cool, it really makes you feel like a complete badass, on par with that opening cinematic,

I finished the campaign last night and this morning I woke up and the first thing I thought about was the characters and the campaign. I had so much fun with this game and I think the MP isn't as good as the original but the campaign saves it

Sounder2

Great redbox rental. Played the campaign and got in a good amount of multiplayer.

Honestly got my fill though. Titan/pilot combat has never stuck with me as long as traditional shooters. With Civ 6, BF and Modern Warfare Remaster next week calling for my attention, I can't help but agree the release timing on this one is unfortunate.

Will play it again when it hits the EA vault in 6 months.

Likely will not be in there for the significant future much like the original TF which was over a year.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So anyone worked out how we change our loadout names on console?

Great redbox rental. Played the campaign and got in a good amount of multiplayer.

Honestly got my fill though. Titan/pilot combat has never stuck with me as long as traditional shooters. With Civ 6, BF and Modern Warfare Remaster next week calling for my attention, I can't help but agree the release timing on this one is unfortunate.

I don't think it will come to the Vault and if it does not for a long long time.

It took Titanfall 15 months to make it to the vault.

still can't get over players who play bounty, get like 14-15 kills and yet have 300 score at the end of the game.

Like you idiot, you're losing your team the match.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Just unlocked the sentry boost and man! It's so good.

When there's a lot of Titans, I use the A-Wall, charge cannon, fire grenade and it absolutely dominates. FYI: Titan projectiles can't wreck the A-Wall unless they hit the base, which is a bit harder to do when they're in a Titan. :D

Getting the grips of it now and having so much fun. Another good thing? Saw 22K+ playing an hour ago on PS4! Yesterday the same time? I think it was around 19K or something. :D That said, I never have issues joining a match in Attrition or Bounty Hunt.

This game will get more mileage come December once Game of the Year awards stuff roll out. I gather, it will get nominated or at the very least, win a few "Shooter of the Year" awards.

taoofjord

Just finished the mission
The Beacon
and it was just as great as the previous mission that everyone loves. I hope it keeps this quality up till the end.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
still can't get over players who play bounty, get like 14-15 kills and yet have 300 score at the end of the game.

Yup come across plenty while playing Attrition, they just ignore the mobs and reapers.

bwat47

Neo Member
Did they at least reduce the time to get titans and smooth out the traversal? Those were my big gripes in the beta.

movement/wallrunning mechanics are nearly identical to titanfall 1 now. maps aren't as as good for wallrunning as titanfall 1, but some of the maps in the final game are definitely better in that respect than the ones from the tech test and beta.

It's pretty easy to get titans quickly (fastest way is stealing an enemy titans battery which gives you like 60% on your timer right away)

Damn...I feel like I'm right on the verge of getting this but I'm also occupied with B1 and Destiny so there's really no point.

Give destiny a break and get on that titanfall!

It's really fun and well worth the purchase.

My only complaint is that it feels a bit more quiet like there is less going on. The old one had so much shit going on in the skybox and chit chat from all over. Felt alil more chaotic. Playing 8v8 variety really helps with this. Favorite mode imo.

movement/wallrunning mechanics are nearly identical to titanfall 1 now. maps aren't as as good for wallrunning as titanfall 1, but some of the maps in the final game are definitely better in that respect than the ones from the tech test and beta.

It's pretty easy to get titans quickly (fastest way is stealing an enemy titans battery which gives you like 60% on your timer right away)

Even on homestead, which I hated in the tech test, the movement of the B spawn helped the map a bit. I played it last night and it flowed a bit better because of it.

Give destiny a break and get on that titanfall!

It's really fun and well worth the purchase.

My only complaint is that it feels a bit more quiet like there is less going on. The old one had so much shit going on in the skybox and chit chat from all over. Felt alil more chaotic. Playing 8v8 variety really helps with this. Favorite mode imo.

X_X I've never been able to get a match. (THERE ARE 0 PLAYERS IN YOUR REGION).

RMI

Banned

Yeah I don't think they really understand how the score works. I routinely score highest on my team with lower kills

Question, how do you exit your titan? I know how to self destruct but how do I get out to grab a battery or hit the bank?

Yeah I don't think they really understand how the score works. I routinely score highest on my team with lower kills

Question, how do you exit your titan? I know how to self destruct but how do I get out to grab a battery or hit the bank?

Hold X/Square/E.

Gotta check in and say I'm loving Titanfall 2! Like a poster above said, this is the same feeling I had when I first played COD4 (I didn't play Titanfall 1).

And apparently I need to play the single player...

pompidu

The map that's in the mall is the worst multiplayer map ever created. All These maps really are terrible, luckily the gameplay is so goof

Soooo... I came home after late night partying and tried to play for 30 mins before I went to bed. I guess I got to the mission everyone is raving about because 30 mins turned into a few hours. No sleep for me. Can't wait to hop back into multiplayer. I love BF1 but man, I probably die 3 times, get 5 kills and capture and amp a hardpoint all in the same amount of time it takes me to respawn in BF.

BF1 really wears me down sometimes, especially if your team isn't concerned with capturing points or taking out tanks or reviving. TF is just pure fun, even when youre losing.

I think I can safely say I had more fun with this campaign than I did with Uncharted 4. Player agency, gameplay mechanics and level design are king and i was pulling off some truly amazing feats with the wrist device. Can't wait to go through it again and snag platinum. The game really feels like a mix of shooter, mirrors edge, uncharted (fun arenas that promote movement through enemy placement, weapon drops and level design) and
singularity

Can't wait for all the free dlc. Rspawn knocked it out of the park. I hope word gets out and people buy the shit out of this game. It deserves to have a long life. I was skeptical after the beta but I am so glad I bought this game

realwords

Based off the impressions in this thread, went ahead and copped this game with the Target.com Buy2Get1free deal for about $35 bucks.

The map that's in the mall is the worst multiplayer map ever created. All These maps really are terrible, luckily the gameplay is so goof

I thought so too but after getting better at movement and playing all the different game modes I am really starting to like them. I would even say that some are expertly crafted for how well they work with all the different modes, especially amped hardpoint. The maps seem to really cut down on cheap deaths and bad spawns. I like how A and C are generally protected and B is usually more open/all out war zone. the maps seem to constantly promote movement. I do think 2 more maps at launch would be perfect, though.

at the very least the 'variety' playlist should put you concurrently in the queue for all of the modes instead of in its own playlist. It essentially means I will always have to choose which playlist to do.

Bumhead

Banned
I wonder if we'll see any of the maps from the first game come to TF2.

Maybe a situation similar to how Valve handled Left 4 Dead, in that they brought all the maps from the first game to L4D2 for free after the sequel superceeded the first game in just about every way. There's the added bonus that the PS4 audience won't be familar with the first games maps either so they will still feel new to many.

Would certainly bolster Attrition if they did this alongside an increase to the timer/points.

There's a lot of talk about legs with this game, but the core gameplay of TF1 was so fun i continued to dip in and out of it for as long as I owned the game, and I can see TF2 being similar. I'm quite happy for this game to have all the Titanfall until the third comes out.

I wonder if we'll see any of the maps from the first game come to TF2.

Maybe a situation similar to how Valve handled Left 4 Dead, in that they brought all the maps from the first game to L4D2 for free after the sequel superceeded the first game in just about every way. There's the added bonus that the PS4 audience won't be familar with the first games maps either so they will still feel new to many.

Would certainly bolster Attrition if they did this alongside an increase to the timer/points.

There's a lot of talk about legs with this game, but the core gameplay of TF1 was so fun i continued to dip in and out of it for as long as I owned the game, and I can see TF2 being similar. I'm quite happy for this game to have all the Titanfall until the third comes out.

We know Angel City is coming and likely others also, think they asked or did a survey what maps people would like to see return.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
How long did it take for Titanfall to be $5 on sale, regularly?

July or August last year. So like a year or so after launch. EA was really hard-headed on admitting it flopped because they had a season pass to try to sucker people into buying.

Bah. I need my GAF gang. Just had $2500 in a bounty hunt game. When I saw we were behind after the first wave I cranked it up and started tearing the other team apart, but we ended up losing from the timer. Team had $4900 and we had $4400. One guy on my team deposited $25. Oh well! I'm impressed how fun this game can still be even when losing though.

I made that switch. Tone is a badass.
I think the only part I don't like is the shield. It is damn sturdy, but I'm used to being more mobile with my Ion "shield" if you will, so that I can retreat. The rest was great. Her gun picks pilots off the ground with ease. Felt great, especially considering there are times I blast away at pilots with Ion's main gun and hit nothing but dirt.

I'm switching titans/weapons/ now whenever I get Gen2 on them.
I'll probably keep jumping back and forth between Ion and Tone for now. I really want that "Stoic Black" gen 10 paint for Ion.

Shengar

Got my game just now. Only do some setting tweaks and taking a peak at the online number. It was 13k and my region is Asia. Platform is pc btw

Tokubetsu

Great game. Tremendous game. People love this game. Critics say it's the best game.

LuQfhdu.gif

look at them dolla signs go up bih

FeD.nL

Well reached Gen 2. Absolutely loving the MP. I was pretty critical of the tech test but I really think all of the changes are for the better. The battery stealing is a fantastic addition and I love the you have to be a bit more careful with your Titan. While I was kinda meh on Crash Site at first I really love it now, the ways you can wallrun through that map and all the slopes for extra speed are fantastic.

Perhaps it´s too soon, but this went from a wait-and-see to my personal GOTY. Just a fantastic package and that all the dlc will be free is just the cherry on top.

MGrant

I don't know if the LSTAR is the best gun or anything, but it feels so good to use that I'm not going to choose anything else for a while.

robotrock

Banned
So the MP is designed to be less hectic than the first game here right?

Yeah it's a good game it's basically that
time mechanic
the whole game.

Heckkkkkkkk I need to check this out immediately. Dishonored 2 seems like it has a similar mechanic going for it too.

hollomat

Banned
Are MP unlocks shared between XBox one and PC if your origin ID is linked to both?

Have the xbox one version now, but thinking of trading it in and getting the pc version. Not entirely sure yet since the PC community seems extremely small.

Top Bottom